Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Prenups Would You Still Get - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prenups Would You Still Get (6193 Views)

Only Bums Hate Prenups! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 9:39am On Sep 17, 2018
married if you are asked to sign one?
I witnessed first hand how prenup discussions can expose cracks in a relationship as some women are very much fixated on the wedding not the marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
If she doesn't sign, we can't wed. Simple matter that is not up for debate.

IMO Preparing and Signing a prenup should infact be a mandatory part of a marriage...as in BY LAW.

4 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
I won't even advise men to do anything that would make their relationship official and recogniseable by the law. Once you do, its becomes a legal contract which is always at the detriment of the man. Come on, with all that's happening right in our eyes, would you trust a woman not to one day leave you, take almost all the your assets and properties you have worked all your life to gather, throw you in jail by fabricating any stories her manipulative brain could think of, deny you access to your kids if you choose not to play by her controling rules and most especially continue to pay her spousal support for services she no longer renders, just as a way to milk you dry. The family law is never in the favour of the man, so you as a man has to study the laws in your region and learn to know how to play it and twist it to at least favour you too so at least you won't have to commit suicide due to what the woman you claim to trust did to you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:
If she doesn't sign, we can't wed. Simple matter that is not up for debate.

IMO Preparing and Signing a prenup should infact be a mandatory part of a marriage...as in BY LAW.
Signing a prenup doesn't always save the man because if that daughter of Jezebel decides to ruin you, the prenup would be overlooked by the family court.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
WizAkzy:
Signing a prenup doesn't always save the man because if that daughter of Jezebel decides to ruin you, the prenup would be overlooked by the family court.

That an insurance company will always look for a way to not pay you money when an accident happens, doesn't mean you sha won't do your part by owning one.

Better for increasing chance of success in the future.

The Jezebel too will be aware that she signed a prenup so she would have to work a little harder to get the same result as she would have if there was none there. For the lazy Jezebel, this sometimes serves as a deterrent to foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
WizAkzy:
I won't even advise men to do anything that would make their relationship official and recogniseable by the law. Once you do, its becomes a legal contract which is always at the detriment of the man. Come on, with all that's happening right in our eyes, would you trust a woman not to one day leave you, take almost all the your assets and properties you have worked all your life to gather, throw you in jail by fabricating any stories her manipulative brain could think of, deny you access to your kids if you choose not to play by her controling rules and most especially continue to pay her spousal support for services she no longer renders, just as a way to milk you dry. The family law is never in the favour of the man, so you as a man has to study the laws in your region and learn to know how to play it and twist it to at least favour you too so at least you won't have to commit suicide due to what the woman you claim to trust did to you.
That’s why you need to know the law. But some men when they get hit by the vagina all sense of reason goes out the window.
My brother was due to wed end of this month but that won’t happen anymore because his fiancée made a huge issue when asked to sign a prenup
Now if I have made $20 million before I met someone I will most definitely ensure those assets are protected. Money for the children is held in a trust fund so that there are no issues of someone buying Peruvian hair with money meant to feed your children.

This is no brainer ....money always brings the worst in people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by CAPSLOCKED: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2018
WizAkzy:

I'M STILL LOOKING FOR THE BENEFITS OF MARRIAGE TO THE MALE FOLKS.

12 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
does this property sharing stuff matter that much in naija?
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pocohantas(f): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

You can always ask your father.
I want to believe he is MARRIED... smiley

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You can always ask your father. I want to believe he is MARRIED... smiley
shocked shocked shocked

Savage but true cry

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s why you need to know the law. But some men when they get hit by the vagina all sense of reason goes out the window.
My brother was due to wed end of this month but that won’t happen anymore because his fiancée made a huge issue when asked to sign a prenup
Now if I have made $20 million before I met someone I will most definitely ensure those assets are protected. Money for the children is held in a trust fund so that there are no issues of someone buying Peruvian hair with money meant to feed your children.

This is no brainer ....money always brings the worst in people.

Why did he wait until almost wedding date tho?
By then stress and resources have already been involved in that failed expedition.

That topic should have been a mandatory early discussion point between them before they became fiances, talkless of few weeks before the wedding.

Unless he felt the need to trick/pressure her with time to sign...in which case that would even render the thing null in court even if she signed because she could use "Signing under duress" as a serious point in court for the judge to fling that prenup out the window. There is no gender equality in the court, they treat women with baby gloves... like fools that constantly have no clue what they are doing, because if you were a man, a contract is a contract...no matter how compulsed you were to sign it.

The prenup has to be something that has been discussed, given to her to think about, even sef RECCOMMEND that she takes it to her own legal counsel to explain to her the terms (so she can't claim ignorance), and that she then signs well in advance...without compulsion. This is key.

Basically the prenup paper comes along with the ring as a pre-req.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You can always ask your father. I want to believe he is MARRIED... smiley
shocked shocked shocked

Savage but true cry
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by CAPSLOCKED: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You can always ask your father.
I want to believe he is MARRIED... smiley

OH PLEASE, IF YOU'RE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO COME UP WITH AN INTELLIGENT RESPONSE THERE'S NO NEED TO TRY TO BITE MY EMOTIONS BY INVOLVING MY FAMILY, FRIENDS, OR ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT IS NOT ME. GET LOST WITH THE SMILEY FACE CUS I UNDERSTAND CLEARLY THE EVIL INTENT OF YOUR POST.
IF YOU CARE TO KNOW MY FATHER REGRETTED HIS MARRIAGE UNTIL HIS VERY LAST DAY ON EARTH, JUST LIKE SO MANY OTHER MARRIED MEN. SO I'LL APPRECIATE IF YOU DON'T MENTION ME AGAIN AS I NEVER MENTIONED YOU, AND EXPECTED A RESPONSE FROM THE "MALE" I MENTIONED, OR AT LEAST, FROM SOMEONE WITH A PROPERLY WORKING THINKING DEPARTMENT.
BYE-BYE. �

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:

Why did he wait until almost wedding date tho?
By then stress and resources have already been involved in that failed expedition.

That topic should have been a mandatory early discussion point between them before they became fiances, talkless of few weeks before the wedding.

Unless he felt the need to trick/pressure her with time to sign...in which case that would even render the thing null in court even if she signed because she could use that as a serious point in court for the judge to fling that prenup out the window.

It has to be something that has been discussed, given to her to think about, and that she then signs well in advance...without compulsion. This is key.

He did not
She was the one stalling the matter was raised months ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
does this property sharing stuff matter that much in naija?
It is not just about property.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
MissRaine69:

He did not

I'm guessing they were already fiance's by that time, well into already planning for a wedding...

That's something you bring up prior to engaging a woman, so there is no cause for a claim of compulsion.
He is even lucky she showed herself by not signing. A more strategic devil will just sign and use the situation to claim signing under duress if she needed to play that divorce card in the future.

Hopefully he carries the lesson forward.

Send him this article to read. Notice what #1 is
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-to-bring-up-prenup_us_5a60e0efe4b05085db606d29

I would even take it further past that and say bring it up as casual conversation BEFORE you start dating to prepare her mentally, while the both are still friends.
That way when it is brought up later for real, she will be more mentally prepared.

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pocohantas(f): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
shocked shocked shocked

Savage but true cry

I believe the family is the smallest and most important unit. Most of our beliefs and values would be formed by what we pick up there.

If someone can come online to say he doesn't see the benefit of marriage for men (i.e) after living with his parents for years, he didn't see any way his mom benefitted his dad.

What makes you think, you, an online user, would be able to convince him otherwise?

With his response, you will agree with me, that the family indeed, shapes our belief and values.

You will also agree with me, that it will be abnormal or delusional for anyone, whose parents lived or are living in peace/joy...to come agree with him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

I believe the family is the smallest and most important unit. Most of our beliefs and values would be formed by what we pick up there.

If someone can come online to say he doesn't see the benefit of marriage for men (i.e) after living with his parents for years, he didn't see any way his mom benefitted his dad.

What makes you think, you, an online user, would be able to convince him otherwise?

With his response, you will agree with me, that the family indeed, shapes our belief and values.
You are very right.
After reading his response, I realize how deep it was for him to have typed that. It is a loss cause truly

It is safe to believe that what people post on here is a reflection of what their offline life is. Pity.

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pansophist(m): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
shocked shocked shocked

Savage but true cry

Nothing savage about it. During his father's time, the family court system was not anti men. Now the system has been rigged and only men that don't have their eyes widely open will enter a marriage without prenuptial agreement.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

Exactly man, and women knows how to manipulate their way into making the men wed them. I actually want to a relationship, i mean who doesn't? Everyone needs a companion, no doubt. But i'm not for making it into a kind of legal contract, whereby inviting the government into my personal life. I mean why would you want to get into a contract just to have a life partner?

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pansophist(m): 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You will also agree with me, that it will be abnormal or delusional for anyone, whose parents lived or are living in peace/joy...to come agree with him.

Red herring. You are barking at the wrong tree.

It's about how the family court system is against men.

I noticed that women by their nature are apathetic to men's suffering, it's in your nature not to. Instead of bashing men who are against marriage, you should engage with them, and see their point. .

For a start, you may watch the award winning documentary on male oppression called THE RED PILL. You may change your mind like hardcore feminist Cassie Jaye did

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
pansophist:

Nothing savage about it. During his father's time, the family court system was not anti men. Now the system has been rigged and only men that don't have their eyes widely open will enter a marriage without prenuptial agreement.
Oh really? Well I don't think ca.plocks see things that way. He went on the offensive and defensive line. The response appears insulting but there is a truth to it. why will anyone not see the benefit of marriage?
And who best is in the position to convince him if not his dad?

No only myopic men whom have destroyed what is yet to be born will seek a prenuptial agreement. Why marry at all if you don't trust your partner?
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pocohantas(f): 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
You are very right.
After reading his response, I realize how deep it was for him to have typed that. It is a loss cause truly

It is safe to believe that what people post on here is a reflection of what their offline life is. Pity.

I have made my point babe.

As for that one trying to play semantics, he can keep trying. Even the response of who he is trying to defend, makes it all clear. This is Nigeria, I wonder what the average Nigerian woman gains in event of divorce. This one they tell the husband to pay N5000 child support?

Women were also oppressed in marriages, got thrown out with a bag on their heads. That is why so many wised up and started pushing for registry marriage and also owning secret properties.

I don't see these men asking what is the benefit of marriage to FEMALE FOLKS. I also do not know why these set of men, never see the good marriages... misery sure loves company. We see what we want to see.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
MissRaine69:

He did not
You have not worked on your use of punctuation marks. You must be lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
pansophist:

Red herring. You are barking at the wrong tree.

It's about how the family court system is against men. I came from a loving home, and my parents are still happily married. But even my own dad warn me against marriage, as he sees clearly how men are being oppressed under it.

I noticed that women by their nature are apathetic to men's suffering, it's in your nature not to. Instead of bashing men who are against marriage, you should engage with them, and see their point. .

For a start, you may watch the award winning documentary on male oppression called THE RED PILL. You may change your mind like hardcore feminist Cassie Jaye did
My brother please don't stress. Just look at the way the same women just manipulated their way to make it seems like the guy is saying nonsense, so that others won't take what he says serious, while making what they say correct. Damn, thats just basically the only thing they are good at without training.

11 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
Oh really? Well I don't think ca.plocks see things that way. He went on the offensive and defensive line. The response appears insulting but there is a truth to it. why will anyone not see the benefit of marriage?

No only myopic men whom have destroyed what is yet to be born will seek a prenuptial agreement. Why marry at all if you don't trust your partner?

That...quite frankly...is the most naive thing I have read all day.

Only an idiot of a man, who has no outlet into seeing what is happening in the world today, would get into a marriage without a prenup.
A prenup is not bad. It simply protects BOTH partners in the event of something unfortunate.
You do it and get it out of the way so you can enjoy your lives.

8 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pansophist(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:

If you want to know why some people do not see the benefit of marriage, then maybe you should study more about the direction modern marriage has turn to. Start by reading "men on strike" and "the manipulated man".

I mentioned those books because they were written by women who are honest to admit how the system benefits them and against men.

People change. A woman you marry today may, in ten years time, becomes something else. I think men should cohabitate, have babies and live life like they are married, without actually getting married. It's about adapting and thriving in an environment than is anti men, thanks to third wave feminism.

4 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:

A prenuptial agreement is very important as this is not a matter of trust or lack of.

Did you know that Emmanuel Eboue, ex Arsenal footballer, lost all his assets to his wife after their divorce?

10 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
Will you also say this to thousands of other men who actually trusted their partners but got burnt severely. Stop trying to make women appear as saints, like they can't do no wrong or go bad.

12 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pocohantas(f): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
If Coogar can get married after swallowing all the red pill...I am sorry to say, all you new generation alphas dey learn work.

Logout and face reality. You will all get married and see the benefits yourselves grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Attractive Women Don't Love Anymore. / Man Nearly Died After Reading A Whatsapp Conversation Between His Son And His Wi / Bbnaija Nini Goes Unclad For Saga In Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.