Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,268 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Prenups Would You Still Get - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Prenups Would You Still Get (6234 Views)

Only Bums Hate Prenups! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

I have made my point babe.

As for that one trying to play semantics, he can keep trying. Even the response of who he is trying to defend makes it all clear. This is Nigeria, I wonder what the average Nigerian woman gains in event of divorce. This one they tell the husband to N5000 child support?

Women were also oppressed in marriages, got thrown out with a bag on their heads. That is why so many wised up and started pushing for registry marriage and also owning secret properties.

I don't see these men asking what is the benefit of marriage to FEMALE FOLKS. I also do not know why these set of men, never see the good marriages... misery sure loves company. We see what we want to see.
I'm still thinking of what a Nigerian Man is doing with prenuptial nonsense.. This people just like feeling among!

Marriage in Nigeria has always favoured Men! in every aspect! A woman has to care for him, take all his shiits, change who she is to satisfy him, cope with annoying in laws, shes the builder of the family and gets the blame if the marriage fails.And if she's so unfortunate, she gets to take up financial responsibilities. Yet to a Nigerian man she is doing nothing!

#5000? *scoffs she's lucky if she gets that. That's if she isn't forced to either choose between her children or her marriage.

Men create problems, when women seek solutions and beat them to their games, they start wailing. Prenuptial ko, post natal ni!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s why you need to know the law. But some men when they get hit by the vagina all sense of reason goes out the window.
My brother was due to wed end of this month but that won’t happen anymore because his fiancée made a huge issue when asked to sign a prenup
Now if I have made $20 million before I met someone I will most definitely ensure those assets are protected. Money for the children is held in a trust fund so that there are no issues of someone buying Peruvian hair with money meant to feed your children.

This is no brainer ....money always brings the worst in people.
I like it when you are being sincere. Now if you were to be a young man in this present time, would you want to fully trust and get into a legal contract with a woman especially this generation of women? Even knowing fully well that the prenup we are talking about can possibly be waved by the family court? Please be sincere

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:

That...quite frankly...is the most naive thing I have read all day.

Only an idiot of a man, who has no outlet into seeing what is happening in the world today, would get into a marriage without a prenup.
A prenup is not bad. It simply protects BOTH partners in the event of something unfortunate.
You do it and get it out of the way so you can enjoy your lives.
Call me old fashioned, I don't see the need for it.

And I don't expect my man to. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

A prenuptial agreement is very important as this is not a matter of trust or lack of.

Did you know that Emmanuel Eboue, ex Arsenal footballer, lost all his assets to his wife after their divorce?
Yes I know. And that's bad.

But then I still maintain it's useless. I can't just wrap my head around signing some paper in case a marriage ( yet to be formed) fails? really?

arghhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:

But then I still maintain it's useless. I can't just wrap my head around signing some paper in case a marriage ( yet to be formed) fails? really?

arghhhhhh
In everything in life, a written agreement is the best since people are capricious. The agreement protects the man and the woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M STILL LOOKING FOR THE BENEFITS OF MARRIAGE TO THE MALE FOLKS.

Me too grin
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:

arghhhhhh

...and then if it fails...?

You are just thinking like a child, not an adult.
You have to cover all bases.

What you don't understand is that a prenup also protects women AS WELL AS protecting men....the latter being more neccessary outside of naija given predatory family laws around the whole world.

You might say, "we are in naija, he doesn't need protection"...but what then happens if you guys move to another country?
He is then subject to the worst part of you and predatory lawyers who egg you on to twist the dagger ever more angrily in the event of a divorce. And the sad part is that he would be forced to pay those very same lawyers who will be coaching you on how to stab him well.

To be of this opinion, Oh you have Nooo idea the things that have been done to men in these parts of the world by women who just wake up one morning and decide to be bitches. The life of a man cannot be subject to the whims, ebbs and flows of something as turbulent as a female's emotions.

IMO The only woman who is against signing a prenup is one of 3 things:
1- Ignorant: ... i.e "Why would anyone want to buy car insurance?" "Life insurance keh? So you want to kill me?!" blah blah blah other silly talk.

2- Broke - Because if she had some coins, she'd want to protect them too.

3- Evil ... because she knows the default situation already favors her. Now if only she can get this idiot to not protect himself.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
pansophist:

If you want to know why some people do not see the benefit of marriage, then maybe you should study more about the direction modern marriage has turn to. Start by reading "men on strike" and "the manipulated man".

I mentioned those books because they were written by women who are honest to admit how the system benefits them and against men.

People change. A woman you marry today may, in ten years time, becomes something else. I think men should cohabitate, have babies and live life like they are married, without actually getting married. It's about adapting and thriving in an environment than is anti men, thanks to third wave feminism.

It's a no for me. angry

No prenuptial nonsense. I don't know why men are so concerned about this thing. There are women who are richer than their husbands you don't see them demanding these things.

What has the world turn to? !
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:

...and then when it fails...?

You are just thinking like a child, not an adult.
You have to cover all bases.

What you don't understand is that a prenup also protects women AS WELL AS protecting men.

The only woman who is against signing a prenup is one of 2 things:
- incapable of long-range thought
- Evil

Believe what you like!

Who are you again? A nobody! so shove your opinion of me into the deepest hole in your body. Let it die there grin

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
Believe what you like!

Who are you again? A nobody! so shove your opinion of me into the deepest hole in your body. Let it die there grin

There it is smiley

So you are #3 then. Evil.

Because #1 at least still has hope with some education.

4 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

In everything in life, a written agreement is the best since people are capricious. The agreement protects the man and the woman.

Sigh...Alright

I'm done with this topic.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
Sigh...Alright

I'm done with this topic.
It's okay.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
It's okay.
Thanks smiley smiley
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pansophist(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
It's a no for me. angry

No prenuptial nonsense. I don't know why men are so concerned about this thing. There are women who are richer than their husbands you don't see them demanding these things.

What has the world turn to? !

I wished it was not the case. Im pro marriage, without the legal paper signing. Church, traditional marriage is cool for me. I live in the West and have seen with my eyes uncountable cases which makes it seem inadvisable for men to marry. In Nigeria yes, men should. In the West, definitely no.

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
Someone needs to put this thread on frontpage. Not sure who mods are

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
WizAkzy:
Will you also say this to thousands of other men who actually trusted their partners but got burnt severely. Stop trying to make women appear as saints, like they can't do no wrong or go bad.
When you have all turned everything to papers and letters, don't come here crying how the world is bereft of compassion and love.

you all seek temporal solutions to permanent problems. Lemme go back to my Pluto jeje, obviously I'm the only one strange here grin
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:
When you have all turned everything to papers and letters, don't come here crying how the world is bereft of compassion and love.

you all seek temporal solutions to permanent problems. Lemme go back to my Pluto jeje, obviously I'm the only one strange here grin

That is exactly what an evil woman trying to maintain her advantage towards future potential divorce theft would say.
Your manipulation is a failed expedition on this thread.
Abeg come and be going angry

2 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
pansophist:

I wished it was not the case. Im pro marriage, without the legal paper signing. Church, traditional marriage is cool for me. I live in the West and have seen with my eyes uncountable cases which makes it seem inadvisable for men to marry. In Nigeria yes, men should. In the West, definitely no.
I'm out of here smiley
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
So I decided to post this article of shite women have said when they are trying to manipulate their way out of signing a prenup.

https://www.brides.com/story/real-brides-share-they-refused-sign-a-prenup

Some were successful! And to those ones, I can't help but feeling "Wow, these guys are so screwed" cheesy

"...I felt reassured that my needs and feelings were his priority, not the security of a piece of paper..." What a classic/typical argument cheesy
Apparently his needs and feelings don't matter too abi?

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
MariaLavina:

Love? Don't people fall out of love and also fall in love for the wrong reasons. Are you also capable of offering real and selfless love to a man? You women only love men based on the values you get from them, may not always be money. The same love that has been the demise of many things including lives. Men have been wired by the society (which comprises of women) to always give out and not receive. Don't blame them for making everything in papers as a way they feel they can protect themselves from the societies that see them as nothing but disposable cash cows and machines to do the dirty works the women won't agree to do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by SmilingMary(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
Cc rocktation

Front page worthy
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:
So I decided to post this article of shite women have said when they are trying to manipulate their way out of signing a prenup.

https://www.brides.com/story/real-brides-share-they-refused-sign-a-prenup

Some were successful! And to those ones, I can't help but feeling "Wow, these guys are so fawked" cheesy
The only guys that are bleeped are those who decides to make their relationship official and legal by law, whether signing a prenup or not, bro.
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
WizAkzy:
The only guys that are bleeped are those who decides to make their relationship official and legal by law, whether signing a prenup or not, bro.

That won't save you.
You do know there is something called "automatic common law" right?
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by WizAkzy: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2018
2buffagain:

That won't save you.
You do know there is something called "automatic common law" right?
Exactly, thats what i meant by my first comment. Men should study the family laws in their region and use it to their advantage too. For instance, even if you don't go to the registry to do a legal wedding, as long as you have both steadily cohabited for about a year or so in some countries, you are both considered married. Therefore you ought to know how to be smart about it. That's why guys should be in relationships with successful and financially independent ladies too, just like women do to protect their assets too. If she is rich and has a place of her own, she would just come and spend time with you and go back to her house, then repeat the process. That way it hard to say you both cohabited steadily for a very long period of time. Be smart with the law too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You can always ask your father.
I want to believe he is MARRIED... smiley
Pls nau am smoking weed, you want to make me choke but you right though lol
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by pocohantas(f): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
pcguru1:

Pls nau am smoking weed, you want to make me choke but you right though lol

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come off offensive, I just felt that is the logical and sensible thing to do. I am surprised it triggered such outburst.

Anyway, I thought you said you've given up weed? Wasn't it you? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
prenuptial agreement doesn't hold much water in Nigeria. so no need
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by finest0007(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
pocohantas:
If Coogar can get married after swallowing all the red pill...I am sorry to say, all you new generation alphas dey learn work.

Logout and face reality. You will all get married and see the benefits yourselves grin

grin see the benefits ourselves but with a prenup by the side. If eboue had seen ahead, he'll have gotten one. "Money brings out the worst in us"

1 Like

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by finest0007(m): 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
Mods & lawyers, we need you guys here
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by 2buffagain(m): 12:40am On Sep 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGITJlPwtfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKZpm7CnE0

For anyone dumb enough to believe any manipulative woman about not signing a prenup.
See what a so called wife did to Emmanuel Eboue, football player.

All that suffering, all that hussle...lost to a woman who likely told him the same nonsense that some manipulative females on this thread have already tried to push.

<falz> eee wee no work! Dey tink dat we don't watsh televizan</falz> cheesy

Without a prenup, the courts hardly consider the woman's own personal assets when doing the split. They just go straight for the jugular of the man in a savage and utterly reprehensible manner.
If Eboue at least had that in print, he would have have had a better chance of been able to get some of his money back from her.

Prenups are not for defense against your loving wife, they are for defense against your ex-wife.
Remember that.

3 Likes

Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 18, 2018
pocohantas:

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come off offensive, I just felt that is the logical and sensible thing to do. I am surprised it triggered such outburst.

[b]Anyway, I thought you said you've given up weed? [/b]Wasn't it you? cheesy

Moderation is the key to balance
Re: Prenups Would You Still Get by MissRaine69(f): 7:07am On Sep 18, 2018
WizAkzy:
I like it when you are being sincere. Now if you were to be a young man in this present time, would you want to fully trust and get into a legal contract with a woman especially this generation of women? Even knowing fully well that the prenup we are talking about can possibly be waved by the family court? Please be sincere

That’s why good accountants exist.
Offshore banking and other very complex ways of ensuring my personal assets are safeguarded truth be told I would not marry a Nigerian woman if I was a man. The mindset that prevails amoungst the majority is very much what is yours is mine, and what is mine is mine.

How do you defend such mentality? When you see and hear such things uttered on a regular basis? The problem is it’s the society that promotes this dependency mentality.
Name one song in the last year that is about a woman who is independent contributes her fair share of everything. The bulk are about encouraging dependency. Men are also to blame for this state of affairs.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Couple Who Never Met Physically Until Their Wedding / This Story Boldly Explains Why You Should NEVER Accept Help From Women! (photos) / Abuja Runs Girl Allegedly Slept With A Politician And Found Worms In Her Pr!vate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.