Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? (13871 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / 9 Types Of Pastor's In Nigeria / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 3:11am On Jul 15, 2010
@Joagbaje:
Joagbaje:

I dont understand is anybody's business with how a man looks. So what hair do is recommended in the bible. And is it a sin to use certain creams. Show us from scriptures and not from your religious mind. Besides that is not a jerry curl. And pastor chris is not bleaching. His parents are both light skinned. And even if he bleaches according to you , of what spiritual significance is that. What is the bible cream. This is a religous hypocrisy dont you use cream? I belive you do. So why point finger at another person cream. Dont use personal limited exposure in posts.You should back your post with Gods word. Let me give you mine.
What you wrote above was in response to my post below:
aletheia:

^^^Hypocrite, so why does your pastor Chris bleach his skin, perm and jerry-curl his hair and go around spotting PH.D among his titles then?
Which in turn was a direct riposte to this:
mba emeka:

. . .People that refuse to depend on their degrees,looks, abilities or charisma. . .

So here is the logic which you so obviously missed in your self-arrogated though by no means obligatory role as the defender of Pastor Chris: If Pastor Chris belongs as alleged to the set of people who refuse to depend on their degrees, looks, abilities or charisma (see Hebrews 11:36-38, for examples), why then is it obvious that he spends an inordinate and disproportionate amount of resources on his looks? Why go about spotting a worldly title PH.D

Joagbaje:

1Sa 16:7
for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

2Co 10:7
¶ Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

^^^And the preceding verses in Samuel show:
When they came, he looked on Eliab and thought, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him.
But the LORD said to Samuel, Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.

which buttresses the point that given that men are easily carried away by what they see, then the man of God ought not to let his personal appearance, one way or the other detract from the gospel. Consider what is written about He whose example we are to follow:
"Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying, The one I will kiss is the man; seize him." Jesus did not stand out from his followers, hence the necessity of an identifying sign.

aletheia:

What the Word teach is modesty.
Is it modest of pastor to be given to frippery? What example is he setting for others? Even woman are admonished to beware of such things in the word.
I Peter 3:3, 4. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing—but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

aletheia:

And whats your bad belle. For PHD. If a man has PHD in theology, and its disturbing you. Go get yours. He got it because of people like you. That require outward title for approval. Because some will not listen untill they know what back up your authority. He didnt get it for show. he wants to rach everyone. Paul had to identified with different classes just to reach. them .He even shaved his head ! all for Jesus!

1Co 9:20
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

I once preached to a lecturer in my school days who was an Eckist, He asked me , outside the bible which books have I read, I said I didnt care what any other book says Iread only my bible. "I told him I preached Jesus and him crucified!" He told me he could not discuss with me again, that my mind was narrow.I lost that soul . From that day. I began to read anything about any religion. And I had better result in soulwinning. If you dont know a man's motive , You should either ask or keep quiet. You dont have moral right to judge and conclude the motive of another person. It is a sin.

That means Jesus was a cultistist too, I dont mind this Jesus cult. Afterall he is head of all principality.
^^^The whole thrust of your argument above is that the gospel is so crippled that it needs the crutches of human learning to help it along, hence your story about the Eckist. Does it then mean that you don't believe these scriptures?

Romans 1:16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
1 Cor 2:1, 2. And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

You should have stuck with these instead of adding your PH.Ds and other books or learning to the gospel of Jesus.
As for your allegation that "Your pastor acquires titles because of people like me who require outward titles for approval." Have you so quickly forgotten how people like me have rebuked you for cleaving to titles like "Papa etc" that are so plainly against the direct words of Jesus.
In any case it is written:

KJV: Luke 16:15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

ESV: Luke 16:15. And he said to them, You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

God bless you.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^^^ Nonsensical Epistle
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by petres007(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
fyneguy:

^^^^^^ Nonsensical Epistle

"Nonsensical", eh?? You guys just keep giving yourselves away as being incapable of recognizing truth even when spelt out to you in the most simple terms. Just continue your man-worship. Time will tell.

@alethia,nuclearboy,sirjohn et al

You guys are doing a great job. I can't help trying to imagine what it'll be like if these NL Oyaksian goons had half this kind of zeal for Christ himself lipsrsealed
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by uche13: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hi, i have taken time to read the comments of everyone on this thread and though i have always been an ardent follower on nairaland, i was forced to comment but once. Firstly, though i am first a christian and a member of christ-embassy, i find it annoying at the manner some members of christ-embassy comment and i must confess that they are the real problem of the church by the way they narrowly respond to issues and act as if they were sent by Pastor Chris to always defend him aimlessly through blindless arguments. I am a born again child of God who is aware that i am first accountable to God and not man. I believe the bible which is God's word and any teaching i receive either from Pastor Chris or any other Pastor must be tested by the word because God doesnt speak selectively to just some peeps. From what i can see from comments, most people dont doubt the ability of God to heal in our generation and even Jesus prayed in John 14 v.12 that the works He did on earth shall we do and greater works shall we further do. This does not make us greater than Jesus and im sure Pastor Chris never said that. I used to douth the authencity of Pastor Chris before i joined the church but in my years of attending i can verily well say that the what we see from the outside is not the true state of things, no thanks to some bad examples. But the fact is that the truth is preached, you get to know ur rights in Christ and how to exercise it and i make bold to say that we are taught that you dont need to go to your pastor for prayers because the word makes us understand that we all have the Spirit of God in us and can learn to grow our faith accordingly.This
means that every christian can pray for themselves and others.Working of miracles is not an exclusive right of some christians but its just that healing is among the gifts of the Spirit listed in 1st cor12 and therefore it maybe evident in some more than others so the fact that the Holland Pastor doesnt work miracles dosent mean he was ordered not to. In fact thats the purpose of the Monthly night of bliss in churches so that chapter Pastors may learn to grow their faith. i have seen and experienced miracles in the church and as a proof, i have an aunt who had glaucoma and never believed in christ embassy get healed in the healing school She was among my family members that criticised us but she knows better now. I have been blessed by the ministry immensely
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by uche13: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
Another thing is this, through my years in the church and the body of Christ i have seen a lot, i know that we may have peole around us who go to christ embassy and to churches in general who potray the ministry in bad light. the fact still remains that no church is perfect. I will never say mine is because i have seen a lot that makes me to know that christianity is personal but one thing i know is that there are faults everywhere because we are in the endtime now. All i know to do is to serve my God and am pursuing a deeper relationship with Him daily because at the end of the day there wont be church in heaven grin. So my advise is that we should not say things we dont have a concrete evidence about as per all the stories of fake healings etc. I have been there and i know that miracles happen and we are taught the most important of all which is salvation. Perhaps even if the miracles are fake it does not in anyway mean that miracles generally are fake cos God's word is supreme.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Pimpu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2010
uche13:

Another thing is this, through my years in the church and the body of Christ i have seen a lot, i know that we may have peole around us who go to christ embassy and to churches in general who potray the ministry in bad light. the fact still remains that no church is perfect. I will never say mine is because i have seen a lot that makes me to know that christianity is personal but one thing i know is that there are faults everywhere [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/b]because we are in the [b]endtime now[i][/i][/color]. All i know to do is to serve my God and am pursuing a deeper relationship with Him daily because at the end of the day there wont be church in heaven grin. So my advise is that we should not say things we dont have a concrete evidence about as per all the stories of[color=#990000] fake healings [/b]etc.[b] I have been there and i know that miracles happen [/color]and we are taught the most important of all which is salvation. Perhaps [color=#990000]even if the miracles are fake[b][/b] it does not in anyway mean that miracles generally are fake cos God's word is supreme.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
nuclearboy:

And jerry curls, bleaching IN A MAN are modesty?  

There is no jerrycurl nor bleaching. If there is ,noneoyourbussiness!. But actually there is none, what is your source. Get me his childhood picture.side by side.

And it is holy and modest and right to use a honorary title in your signature AND FAKE phonetics in speech ?
[/quote]

Ha Ha!. I laugh, Which one is the real phonetic? Your Yoruba Yoruba? or Nna? a begi!

[quote]His (the Eckist's) soul belonged to you and you lost it? Where? in the bushpath behind your house, perharps

People win , people lose. People win souls, people lose souls. Stop being petty. I meant , I  lost the opportunity of winning that soul. If you are a soul winner ,you would have understood such language.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
Now if the chris worshippers had the presence of mind and attitude TOWARDS God that uche13 shows above, how many would show them up? It is their self perceived and totally false superiority that makes people put them down. Spiritual pride in "error" forces them to commit greater and worse blunders just to maintain appearances.

Over and over I state this, why is there not one CE member (probably excepting uche13 NOW) that anyone considers as being "useful" here on NL? Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, whatever, everyone just ignores you  or ridicules you - doesn't that tell you something? Worst is yourselves do not dare show face anywhere serious issues are tabled - what does that say of even your own mind to yourself? And when you show ->  shocked Blunder to the power of infinity +1

The above is worth considering - THEN show where Christ or His disciples were EVER ignored EVER!! Or where they needed to spend Billions to ensure they were heard. Remember you made Gospel TV get banned in Nigeria. Its so ridiculously irritating; watching fake healings!

@Jo-boy:

You've already stated its not God's business so what would you state concerning me, ehn, Liar? And why not disprove us by showing us his picture as you say, side by side, when he was 7 years old, then at 13, and then now? With the rest of the family if possible so we know how a black man's genes produced j-curls. Abi na anointing? cheesy

Dude, when will you start to defend God on this forum - rather you go about spouting indelicacies because of a man. Truly, you are given to your stomach, your God and chris, because he feeds you! You've been caught out to be a liar, fraud, heretic, empty-head yet you insist on adding folly to folly and now tag yourself a hungryman as well!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by smallman1: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
hello people,
this is not an answer that should be far fetched. just check your bible and see if what is going on corresponds with the teachings found in the bible. acts 17:11.

luv,
small man.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Altheia

aletheia:

@Joagbaje:What you wrote above was in response to my post below:Which in turn was a direct riposte to this:
So here is the logic which you so obviously missed in your self-arrogated though by no means obligatory role as the defender of Pastor Chris:

I am not a defender of pastor Chris. I defend truth. I defend the gospel.I defend the body of Christ which i respect.My posts are not limited to CEC.

If Pastor Chris belongs as alleged to the set of people who refuse to depend on their degrees, looks, abilities or charisma (see Hebrews 11:36-38, for examples), why then is it obvious that he spends an inordinate and disproportionate amount of resources on his looks?

There is difference between having good looks and depending on good looks. God believes in good and beautiful parkaging .

Exodus 28:2
   And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.

God use handsome people,  David, Solomon, Daniel, Shadrach,Meshach, Abedenego. Saul etc.

Even a natural King would not demand anything less, how much more GOD,

Daniel 1:3-4
   And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, , [4] Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, , , and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace,

Our presentation of ourselves as his representatives only relfects our respect and honor for him and a good self image. By the way ? How much is cream?  How much is your shoe and suit.? Lets leave petty matters.

[quote]Why go about spotting a worldly title PH.D

I thought you are a medidcal personel. If youre a doctor , or lab scientist is it labbist or labber. Whatever. Some  patients that would not listen to a nurse needs to know Your person to listen to you. Some will not believe anything until a doctor says " You will be fine" . This is a man talking to the world. He is not just a pastor of one local congregation. The title is for them. Give what is for caesar to caesar.

1 Cor. 9:20-23
   And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; [21] To them that are without law, as without law,  that I might gain them that are without law. [22] To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. [23] And this I do for the gospel's sake,

which buttresses the point that given that men are easily carried away by what they see, then the man of God ought not to let his personal appearance, one way or the other detract from the gospel.

His good looks has only helped the gospel. A terrible cultist in his school days once got saved seeing him in a crusade on campus those days. He said if a handsome man like this can be serving God, what Im I waiting for. He God saved that day. I have spoken to several also who got healed while watching him on tv. But i get suprised when i heard them say, "The first thing that attracted me was his good looks". It is Godly to look good. It is ungodly to look unkept.

Man look on the outward , God look into the heart. Give the outward to man. Give the heart to God.

Jesus did not stand out from his followers, hence the necessity of an identifying sign.

Pastor Chris encourages everybody to look good.  He tells us ." It doesnt have to be expensive to look good"He is not doing one man show. Most of his members stands out like him. Good balance.

Is it modest of pastor to be given to frippery? What example is he setting for others?

Good look is not frippery.

Even woman are admonished to beware of such things in the word.
I Peter 3:3, 4. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing—but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

Youre quoting  the scripture out of context here. Peter was dealing with family problem here. If a man is not behaving well to his wife. If he has become backlisdden that he cant be corrected by the Word ,The wife should not try to win his affection by extravagant appearances in other to gain his attention or affection.But rather to win the affection of such distracted fellow with love and submission.

He was dealing with motive here and not the adornment. If you you apply it to ardonment, you will mess things up.
Dont forget his purpose. Read from the beggining.

1 Peter 3:1
   Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation (character) of the wives;
 and bla bla bla[b], [/b]

So if you go ahead with your application. It would mean that women should not Plait their hair,wear jewelries ,clothes (apparel) They should go nude.

1 Peter 3:3
   Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wear[b]ing of gold[/b], or of putting on of apparel;

So if  hair do is wrong,wearing of gold is wrong and Wearing clothes also would be wrong.

^^^The whole thrust of your argument above is that the gospel is so crippled that it needs the crutches of human learning to help it along, hence your story about the Eckist. Does it then mean that you don't believe these scriptures?

Dont let us be hypocritical here. Im sure its not only bible you study. I have read some of your posts. Your knowledge of other faiths to an extent gives you advantage to know what they believe and use it to bring them to truth. If you dont care to know what i believe, how should i listen to you.

Paul in athens had to use what the people belive in to reach them. "The unknown god"

Acts 17:23
   For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

I have won thousands to Christ, Muslim, Eckist, Amorc, cultists, etc.

Maybe you should read mavenbox posts on islam and see the power of insight into other faiths.

[/quote]
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Altheia

aletheia:

@Joagbaje:What you wrote above was in response to my post below:Which in turn was a direct riposte to this:
So here is the logic which you so obviously missed in your self-arrogated though by no means obligatory role as the defender of Pastor Chris:

I am not a defender of pastor Chris. I defend truth. I defend the gospel.I defend the body of Christ which i respect.My posts are not limited to CEC.

If Pastor Chris belongs as alleged to the set of people who refuse to depend on their degrees, looks, abilities or charisma (see Hebrews 11:36-38, for examples), why then is it obvious that he spends an inordinate and disproportionate amount of resources on his looks?

There is difference between having good looks and depending on good looks. God believes in good and beautiful parkaging .

Exodus 28:2
And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.

God use handsome people, David, Solomon, Daniel, Shadrach,Meshach, Abedenego. Saul etc.

Even a natural King would not demand anything less, how much more GOD,

Daniel 1:3-4
And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, , [4] Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, , , and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace,

Our presentation of ourselves as his representatives only relfects our respect and honor for him and a good self image. By the way ? How much is cream? How much is your shoe and suit.? Lets leave petty matters.

Why go about spotting a worldly title PH.D

I thought you are a medidcal personel. If youre a doctor , or lab scientist is it labbist or labber. Whatever. Some patients that would not listen to a nurse needs to know Your person to listen to you. Some will not believe anything until a doctor says " You will be fine" . This is a man talking to the world. He is not just a pastor of one local congregation. The title is for them. Give what is for caesar to caesar.

1 Cor. 9:20-23
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; [21] To them that are without law, as without law, that I might gain them that are without law. [22] To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. [23] And this I do for the gospel's sake,

which buttresses the point that given that men are easily carried away by what they see, then the man of God ought not to let his personal appearance, one way or the other detract from the gospel.

His good looks has only helped the gospel. A terrible cultist in his school days once got saved seeing him in a crusade on campus those days. He said if a handsome man like this can be serving God, what Im I waiting for. He God saved that day. I have spoken to several also who got healed while watching him on tv. But i get suprised when i heard them say, "The first thing that attracted me was his good looks". It is Godly to look good. It is ungodly to look unkept.

Man look on the outward , God look into the heart. Give the outward to man. Give the heart to God.

Jesus did not stand out from his followers, hence the necessity of an identifying sign.

Pastor Chris encourages everybody to look good. He tells us ." It doesnt have to be expensive to look good"He is not doing one man show. Most of his members stands out like him. Good balance.

Is it modest of pastor to be given to frippery? What example is he setting for others?

Good look is not frippery.

Even woman are admonished to beware of such things in the word.

Youre quoting the scripture out of context here. Peter was dealing with family problem here. If a man is not behaving well to his wife. If he has become backlisdden that he cant be corrected by the Word ,The wife should not try to win his affection by extravagant appearances in other to gain his attention or affection.But rather to win the affection of such distracted fellow with love and submission.

He was dealing with motive here and not the adornment. If you you apply it to ardonment, you will mess things up.
Dont forget his purpose. Read from the beggining.

1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation (character) of the wives;
and bla bla bla[b], [/b]

So if you go ahead with your application. It would mean that women should not Plait their hair,wear jewelries ,clothes (apparel) They should go nude.

1 Peter 3:3
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wear[b]ing of gold[/b], or of putting on of apparel;

So if hair do is wrong,wearing of gold is wrong and Wearing clothes also would be wrong.

Dont let us be hypocritical here. Im sure its not only bible you study. I have read some of your posts. Your knowledge of other faiths to an extent gives you advantage to know what they believe and use it to bring them to truth. If you dont care to know what i believe, how should i listen to you.

Paul in athens had to use what the people belive in to reach them. "The unknown god"

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

I have won thousands to Christ, Muslim, Eckist, Amorc, cultists, etc.

Maybe you should read mavenbox posts on islam and see the power of insight into other faiths.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
uche13:

i find it annoying at the manner some members of christ-embassy comment and i must confess that they are the real problem of the church by the way they narrowly respond to issues and act as if they were sent by Pastor Chris to always defend him aimlessly through blindless arguments.

I hope Im not among sha.

This does not make us greater than Jesus and im sure Pastor Chris never said that.

Nobody said we are greater than Jesus , We only said we are one with him.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2010
Joagbaje:

His good looks has only helped the gospel. A terrible cultist in his school days once got saved seeing him in a crusade on campus those days. He said if a handsome man like this can be serving God, what Im I waiting for. He God saved that day. I have spoken to several also who got healed while watching him on tv. But i get suprised when i heard them say, "The first thing that attracted me was his good looks".
^^^An excellent example of the man-centred gospel that you lot peddle. The gospel does not need any help. Certainly not the help of a man's looks.
Where in the book of Acts do you find disciples coming to Christ because of the "good looks" of Peter, John, Paul etc? All the glory must be to God! But you lot don't get it. I seriously doubt if anyone who says he started going to church because of the good looks of another is saved. Where is the repentance? Where is the turning from sin and turning to Jesus?Your statement only confirms the truth of God's word. They only want teachers to suit their passions and soothe their itching ears.

2Tim 3:5. having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

2Tim 4:3, 4. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Joagbaje:

You still don't get it. The outward misleads.

I Samuel Chapter 16.
[6] When they came, he looked on Eliab and thought, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him.
[7] But the LORD said to Samuel, Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because [b]I have rejected him
. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.[/b]

Even Samuel (Prophet and Judge) looking on Eliab thought to himself Surely the LORD's anointed is before him. But you know what: God said I have rejected him.

Joagbaje:

. . .Most of his members stands out like him. . .
Yes they do. For all the wrong reasons. Like a greater number of the females dressing as if they are peddling their bodies.

Joagbaje:

You misapply the scripture. Paul did not use what they believed in to reach them. Did the Athenians believe in the unknown god? When you read Paul's address at the Areopagus: you will see that he was direct and to the point. If he was using your methods, he would first of all have engaged in a philosophical discourse seeing as there were stoics and epicureans there, before gently easing in the gospel!

Joagbaje:

[size=14pt]I[/size] have won thousands to Christ, Muslim, Eckist, Amorc, cultists, etc.
^^^You couldn't help but write this. What bearing did it have on the discussion at hand? Self-glorification is a virtue with you lot rather than giving all the glory to God. If those to whom you "preached" are saved: then they were won by the Holy Spirit not Joagbaje.

John 3:30. He must increase, but I must decrease.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 1:48am On Jul 16, 2010
aletheia:

^^^An excellent example of the man-centred gospel that you lot peddle. The gospel does not need any help. Certainly not the help of a man's looks.
Where in the book of Acts do you find disciples coming to Christ because of the "good looks" of Peter, John, Paul etc? [b]All the glory must be to God! But you lot don't get it. I seriously doubt if anyone who says he started going to church because of the good looks of another is saved.[/b] Where is the repentance? Where is the turning from sin and turning to Jesus?Your statement only confirms the truth of God's word. They only want teachers to suit their passions and soothe their itching ears.

Stop these petty petty exaggerations of yours. Good looks is simply to make your appearance acceptable to men. Those who have not accepted your person cant listen to you. If they wont listen to you , they cant get saved. Your first objective in soulwinning is to get their attention. We dress because of people. Stop being hypocritical. Why would you use mouth wash before a speech why put wearing a perfume. Is it to feel good or for people.
Hygene and good/smart look are first part of evangelism aside prayers and other preparations. I doubt if talkers like you preach the gospel at all.

2Tim 3:5. having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

You that has not recieved the holyghost is the one its talking about here. We have the power of the holyghost backing our gospel with signs and wonders. " Not in words like people like you but in power" .Its so amazing that a religious fellow who hasnt recieved the holyspirit nor know him will be accusing someone who demonstrates the power of the spirit of denial of the power!.

[i][b]I Samuel Chapter 16.
[6] When they came, he looked on Eliab and thought, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him.
[7] But the LORD said to Samuel, Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because [b]I have rejected him
. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.[/b]

Even Samuel (Prophet and Judge) looking on Eliab thought to himself Surely the LORD's anointed is before him. But you know what: God said I have rejected him.
Yes they do. For all the wrong reasons. Like a greater number of the females dressing as if they are peddling their bodies.
You misapply the scripture. Paul did not use what they believed in to reach them. Did the Athenians believe in the unknown god? When you read Paul's address at the Areopagus: you will see that he was direct and to the point. If he was using your methods, he would first of all have engaged in a philosophical discourse seeing as there were stoics and epicureans there, before gently easing in the gospel!
^^^You couldn't help but write this. What bearing did it have on the discussion at hand? Self-glorification is a virtue with you lot rather than giving all the glory to God. If those to whom you "preached" are saved: then they were won by the Holy Spirit not Joagbaje.

John 3:30. He must increase, but I must decrease.

Abeg I Tire!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 3:47am On Jul 16, 2010
Joagbaje:

I doubt if talkers like you preach the gospel at all.
When you cannot refute the truth, you default to maligning people.

Joagbaje:

You that has not recieved the holyghost is the one its talking about here. We have the power of the holyghost backing our gospel with signs and wonders. " Not in words like people like you but in power" .Its so amazing that a religious fellow who hasnt recieved the holyspirit nor know him will be accusing someone who demonstrates the power of the spirit of denial of the power!.
lap
Abeg I Tire!
^^^Another self-glorifying tirade. Your credential for a man of God is what? "show me your signs and wonders"
Oh, you may be backed with signs and wonders. . .it doesn't mean you or your master's genuine. Jannes and Jambres and Simon Magus and Bar-Jesus were backed with signs and wonders deceiving and leading people astray, as do you Pastor Joagbaje with your false teaching and vaunting overweening pride. Thank God that he opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble. If it pleases God that I be the donkey he uses to rebuke you Balaam, so be it.

Why the anger and tirade? Because I told you that it is the Holy Spirit that wins souls not pastor Joagbaje? I guess your pride was hurt. Pride - the fruit you so consistently display on this forum shows what sort of spirit is in you.
For your edification, you little god who will yet die like a man: the good news is preached with words. (The words of Jesus is Spirit and Life!)

[size=14pt]Soli Deo gloria![/size]
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by donnie(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2010
@Joagbaje,

Your defense of the Gospel of Jesus has been most outstanding on nairaland, I must commend you.
Don't mind the critics, it is their job. . .
If CEC was a defeated and uninfluential church they would have felt good with themselves. But here we are, claiming more territory, defeating Satan and his opposition on every count . . . how will they be happy with you.

When you say, we are poor sinners saved by grace, trying to be holy, they say 'True!' and they're okay with ya.

But when you say, I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, sin shall not have dominion over me, they say' NO! you thief!'

The reason is, they feel better when you say that you are in the same struggle and frustration with them. The moment you sanctify yourself through the Word, they become offended. The point at you and call you a liar.

They are not a new phenomenon, they have been since the days of Jesus. They will not disappear because they are necessary for our growth and development as well as our advancement.

Recently, i went to a catholic prayer mountain to pray and i was so glad to see Catholics, full of the Holy Ghost, speaking in tongues and prophesying. My soul was lifted. If I find certain doctrinal inconsistencies, my soul only reaches out to them in Love and prayerful intercession. . . and i say more Lord. . . more of your Spirit of revelation upon this place. Not hatred or angry criticism born out of envy. Every true Christian will naturally have love for others who call on the name of the Lord Jesus. But mark those who walk differently, having a contrary spirit. We only pray that they be delivered from destruction.

So small, small, my broda. . . cos I know you cant go all the way with these folks. They have no Lord, they can say all they wanna . . . but you cant. Someone has the control over your lips.

Cheer up brother. . . the word works!!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2010
@Donnie,
Thanks o. I would never have believed that there is so much ignorance arround untill I visited NL.
I am praying For outpouring of God's revelation upon many posters here.

@Altheia,

Why the anger and tirade? Because I told you that it is the Holy Spirit that wins souls not pastor Joagbaje? I guess your pride was hurt.

If you think you can have the pleasure of making me angry, You are making a big fat mistake. I have enough room in my heart for all the anti church, anti holyghost and accusers of the brethren. To love you and pray for you.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2010
@Aletheia:

Your patience,and maturity, scare me! I would have blown a gasket long ago - your style is commendable. Alas, you would find a better audience in Nopugeater. NL and your current audience simply demonstrate how far error can go.

The idea of tiwa 'ntiwa which makes them support themselves whether right or wrong just shows the level of delusion they're in - issues (for them) have become US versus THEM rather than truth based.

Wonderment embarassed and this is supposedly Christianity? No wonder its tough to find listening ears to the Gospel anymore
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by SirJohn(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2010
Joagbaje:

Did you mean 'packaging'? yeah that what the whole CEC thing is all about 'packaging' or 'Make believe' in other words
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by uche13: 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2010
@joagbajie
I never referred to you in person but im beginning to wonder at your line of argument and that of donnie. You said you need to defend the truth and i must ask you who sent you to. God never gave anyone the assignment to advocate on His behalf but as christians we should shun unnecessary arguments. If you have a point to make you can do that in love and i assure you that the other party would always know when you are just trying to inform rather than score points at all cost. I hope you know that you canwin an argument beautifully but that doesnt mean you have won the soul of that person which is paramount. Lets shun all this superfluity of knowledge but rather let God do what He knows how to do best. You dont have to come here and state how ignorant of the gospel many nairalanders are. How about staying in the confines of your room and praying for them to receive Christ. I implore you to ask yourself how many people you have beeen able to convince through all the pages of argument. The answer is none but you have rather helped convince them further against your belief. When i was in the university, whenever i go for evangelism or in general, i try to avoid talking about church. I preach CHRIST and let people be the judge of my belief. My brother, i must tell you that many people were amazed that i am a christ-embassy member of about nine years. All i hear is how you have them change their attitude towards the church and i dare let you know that i have had any people come to church in that process(im not trying to sing my praise) because evangelism is primarily the work of the Holy-Spirit and we are His vessels. So please out with the US V. THEM mentality cos we are one in Christ and not in a debate competition. God bless you
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2010
SirJohn:

Did you mean 'packaging'? yeah that what the whole CEC thing is all about 'packaging' or 'Make believe' in other words

why don't you try and preach with hair unkept , mouth unbrushed , clothes unwashed . And see how many will listen.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by alexleo(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2010
uche13,
If all your church members reason like you, then the problem they are having with others would have been reduced. When i say that what we see is chris embassy rather than christ embassy, some of your church members think i am abusing them. Until your church lives up to that name Christ embassy, they will continue to receive bash from people. For now they are Chris embassy and it shouldnt be so at all.

Joagbaje,
you call people anti Jesus and anti Holy Ghost because they are telling you the bitter truth? I pity you. What do you know about the holy ghost? You think speaking in tongues is memorizing one unfounded language and speaking it? Now lets take a look at acts of the apostles where they received the Holy Ghost.

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2.And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3.And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5.And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6.Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7.And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8.And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9.Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10.Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11.Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

When you look at what happened here, you will discorver that when they receieved the Holy Ghost, they spoke in other people's language which made the people who came around to ask this question in verse seven- 7And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Today the kind of tongue we see most of you people speak is a self manufatured speaking in tongue and not that of the Holy Ghost as received by the apostles. I can humbly testify that I experienced the HolyGhost the way of the Apostles. Thats the way i received the Holy Ghost and even now, each time I go deep in prayer, i find myself speaking in tongues and when i try to revert to the language i am praying with I find it not possible. sometimes what i speak sound as yoruba to me(am not Yoruba and doesnt understand the language too) and sometimes it sounds like one niger delta language. But as soon as i finish praying i cant even remember what i spoke again. In my church that is the way we receive the Holy Ghost. And for you to do that, it takes going deeper in prayer and consecration before you get to that point. We always have that experience where you see a yoruba man speaking an hausa or ijaw or igbo language etc that he or she doesnt even know how to speak ordinarily. In our national conventions people from various tribes marvels when they notice someone who has received the Holy Ghost praying in their own mother tongue.
You dont just memorize one thing from your pastor and start speaking it or you just open your mouth and speak any thrash that flashed your memory and you call it Holy ghost tongues. you people should be careful.
you dont just rush into prayer anyhow and start speaking in tongues. You have to commune very well with God before you do that.
If you doubt what am saying, humble yourself before God and tell him to let you have this experience, I tell you if you do so sincerely, the Holy Ghost will come upon you in this manner and you will testify. The problem remains weather you will be humble enough to do this since you people are claiming so many things (which of course you are not). God help you.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by mbaemeka(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2010
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!

Depravity had a friend and envy was his name o!

We spend billions in reaching the unsaved because we received a divine mandate from God almighty "to take my divine presence to the nations of the world and demonstrate the character of my spirit" your Pristine door-to-door evangelism will do not do enough in this dispensation. little wonder nobody knows you save the Religion forum in nairaland where you parade yourself a local champ/strigent anti CEC. you are the one who's being ignored becuase everyday we increase in demonstration of power and in the amount of souls won via the meetings God's sprit ochestrates for us to fully display his goodness to a suffering and depleting world.

We organise programs to win the unsaved- in july(precisely 18th) we have one for the teens, in August we would be in Canada, next stop United Kingdom and then ofcourse the United States- perpetually increasing our sphere of contact and influence. Keep deluding yourself in a wanton show of opprobium and outright mischief claiming we're ignored. Google Christ's Embassy and see how many hits are indicated. in January 1st 2010 almost all Nigerian stations broadcast us to the world letting them know the mnd of Gods spirit concerning the coming year. i have many RCC friends that say ''this is my year of the greater light'' evidently discrediting your libel of our gospel as man-centred. Its tiring to mention belaboringly that we are more than a church- we are a message to the world, a panacea, an answer to the cry of many.

God said it, I said it and you can take it to the bank. "The most dangerous place to be is a place where God was" When satan doesnt criticize your gospel that is when you should be scared and not at your accomplices purported show of patience. Jesus said ''woe unto you if all men speak well of you for so shall they treat the false prophets" i completely second to DONNIE; we are constantly depopulating the kingdom of the devil doing and teaching as Master Jesus thats why he(the devil) would exercise no respite until he sees us down, decimated and dusty ''too little too late'' the greater one lives in us, you can either join us and lift the gospel of Jesus or you can stay on the side and admire us masking it with your lies and deep-seated envy(i dear say).

we make a big fuss about our local assembly because we believe so strongly in the holyspirit and his ministry in our lives- we are ready to contend violently in love for what we believe: the faith we prophece, dont hate what you dont understand. We have never claimed superioty over any other member of the body of christ for we believe that all who are baptised into Christ are one spirit, but we do not subscribe to lesser light exegesis of the word of GOD ,for this and the coat of many colors that God gave to us are the reasons that we have accrued alot of envy from self stlyed "MAHADUMS AND REPERTOIRES OF BIBLE KNOWLEDGE" we are not and can never be detterd when God says ''go on my son, you can rest assured that the battle has been won. I'm full of cheer the word does work!!!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by petres007(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2010
mba emeka:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!

Depravity had a friend and envy was his name o!

We spend billions in reaching the unsaved because we received a divine mandate from God almighty "to take my divine presence to the nations of the world and demonstrate the character of my spirit"

You guys keep giving yourselves away. SO this is your "divine mandate", abi?

My question is - how does this save anyone biblically speaking??

Cos all the apostles and early Christians had was the "old fashioned" (compared to your version) gospel of God's grace & salvation through Jesus Christ. And it was always enough to get souls saved and keep them on the path of righteousness throughout their lives. Anyway sha,  embarassed
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by eyzhvntsn: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2010
petres_007:

Cos all the apostles and early Christians had was the "old fashioned" (compared to your version) gospel of God's grace & salvation through Jesus Christ. And it was always enough to get souls saved and keep them on the path of righteousness throughout their lives.

Difference between then and now sadly
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Enigma(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2010
I see Joagbaje talking about good looks ------ well what about John the Baptist?  Oh oh oh or what about this:

Isaiah 53:2
He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

ObviouslyPerhaps the likes of Joagbaje cannot follow the person being referred to in that passage since he is said to have no beauty, majesty or anything special in His appearance. Well, some of us are happy to follow Jesus Christ whether or not He was handsome. We can obviously expect Joagabje to come and boast again that Oyakhilome is more handsome than Jesus Christ ---- afterall he has said on a number of occasions that opaks Oyaks "is doing more than Jesus"! (EDITED)

Meanwhile the Oyaks defenders are avoiding answering the question below:

Enigma:

. . . could you please tell us which university or institution he (Oyakhilome) got his PhD from and in which year?
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2010
@enigma

The isaiah 53 you quoted, who was it talking about? Don't do hit and run . Come and explain.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2010
^^^
[3] He was despised and rejected by men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

[4] Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.

[5] But he was wounded for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.

[6] All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned every one to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

[7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.

[8] By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?

[9] And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
Don't tell me Altheia is Enigma. Enigma ought to explain himself . Pls Mr Enigma I'm waiting.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2010
^^^Surely, you know of whom Isaiah 53:2 is talking about, so why the hide-and-seek games?
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2010
Altheia what is this cover up about. I know Enigma is in there. I dey wait for am! Go call am come!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2010
^^^

@Alethia:

Obvious the lying fake is trying to use white space to mask his inadequacies. This is a tactic he used when he asked me to go get SirJohn and yourself to answer another question. Back and forth pedantics for enough time will allow him a large space far away from the issue and thus opportunity to pretend the issue is forgotten.

All the claims and lies and folly show what? These are not regenerated minds or people - just hungry, shallow, cheap peasants tryign to make a quick buck. Sooner or later, EFCC will pick up your father chris cos his cup is almost full and then we'll see you slink out of here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? / What Do You Want God To Do For You In This Year 2013? / The Followers Of Orisas ^ ^

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.