Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? (13870 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / 9 Types Of Pastor's In Nigeria / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by ice234: 2:43am On Jul 11, 2010
lol. make una leave that church alone oh.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by KunleOshob(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2010
@uglyguy
I have never for said on this forum that God doesn't heal today as I am a testimony to his goodness. What I have been consistent in saying is that all healing claims in cec are false with fraudulent motives.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by SirJohn(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2010
Joagbaje,
I will ignore your attempt to derail this thread which has its spotlight on CE by trying to shift the spotlight on me.

I believe God still heals today by whichever means he chooses to.

But I am of the opinion that we may never be able to see some of the bible time miracles in our day for very obvious reasons:
there is a very large knowledge gap between the old times and now, medical science has greatly improved since then and so has engineering, arts, politics etc. I believe these are all workings of God.

No matter how you choose to look at it, we do not see bible time miracles happening in our days; I already put up a challenge to you joagbaje, if indeed you believe the blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear, all I need is a name and address nothing more.

The Apostles of old had a huge task to fulfill in establishing the church of Christ, they needed what it takes to convince the world that Jesus was the Christ, God endued them with what they needed: the power to work signs and wonders. The foundation has been laid and the church has since been birthed and like Christ said: "the gates of hades shall not prevail against it" in other words, the church will not die, no matter what.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 9:36am On Jul 11, 2010
Kunle,

I will try and dig out where you said so. I am happy Sir John owned up to his claim that bible days healing are impossible in our days.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2010
Aletheia,

May be you should calm down while reading my post, so you dont reply with irrelevant referrences.

I did not ask you if you believed GOD HEALED in the bible days. Let me ask the question again:

Why do you agree GOD STILL HEALS TODAY? Are you aware of any healing in our days that informed your agreement? If so, give us proofs.

I expect you to share testimonies of presentday healings to back up your agreement, then provide evidence that the healings indeed happened.

That way, you'll be able to establish the basis for your agreement, in this regard.

You will not agree that healings happen in CEC until CEC provides you verifiable proofs, right? Good

That means you agree healings happen today because you have seen some verifiable proofs, share some with us please.

It's as simple as that.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by SirJohn(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2010
fyneguy:

Kunle,

I will try and dig out where you said so. I am happy Sir John owned up to his claim that bible days healing are impossible in our days.

So then fyneguy, prove me wrong or should I extend my challenge to you? oh I forgot I already did cheesy cheesy
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by FMK(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2010
become member of Prima Kuria then you can do miracles
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2010
Sir John,

Your mind is already made up. So proof or no proof, you dont believe in healing. Dont worry, someday you will need one grin

Meanwhile,

Joagbaje,
This thread is about healing in christ embassy so dont try to rope everybody into it. your question should have been:
is there a healing anointing in christ embassy?
Gift of healing in Christ embassy today?
Does God still heal through men in Christ embassy today?

and my answer would have been an emphatic 'DONT THINK SO'

Sir John lol

When did NO become DONT THINK SO?

Are you playing safe now? grin
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by SirJohn(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2010
fyneguy:

Sir John,

Your mind is already made up. So proof or no proof, you dont believe in healing. Dont worry, someday you will need one  grin

Coward! you chicken out as usual  grin grin next please

fyneguy:

Meanwhile,

Sir John lol

When did NO become DONT THINK SO?

Are  you playing safe now? grin

If that makes you feel better:[size=14pt] NO![/size]
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2010
^^^^ Dont worry, Pastor Aletheia will soon come up with some incontrovertible proofs that God still heals.

Since he's in your league, it should confer some credibility on his proofs for you to believe.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2010
^^^
You it is, who made the claim that Mr XYZ, was healed, not I. . .so provide independent verifiable proof and evidence that Mr XYZ was healed as you claim. It's as simple as that.

Go read John Chapter 9, for an example of a genuine, verifiable, healing clearly witnessed by all those present. Why do you folks shroud your "healing works" in shadow and mystery. Why all the cloak and dagger stuff. Why are you not open to independent investigation of your claims.
Is it because your mentor's M.O. is modeled after that of another charlatan - Benny Hinn:
John 3:19-21. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been carried out in God.

You CE people need to stop worshiping a man, and scurrying in dark crevices like cockroaches, that flee when the light is shined on them.
Let your pastor come out into the Light so that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been carried out in God!

As far I 'm concerned, CE is a cult claiming to be a true church of God and part of what it tries to use to buttress this claim are the supposed healings that take place there. Please furnish independent verifiable proof so that we may believe your claims.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2010
aletheia

Just admit you are an hypocrite, instead of rambling all day.

You agree God still heals today, but you cant provide proofs for your claim, yet you found it convenient to seek evidence to prove others' claims.

Sorry, that's hypocrisy and the earlier you repent the better for you.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 5:09am On Jul 12, 2010
^^^Touched a raw nerve there. . .didn't I? grin
Matt 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

1. First take the log out of your own eye [i.e. first prove that God heals through Pastor Chris of CE] then
2. You will see clearly to take the speck out of my eye [i.e. demand proof from me that God heals]
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2010
^^ Interesting parallel to my post!

THEY "boast" of 1, 000 miracles daily. I say God still performs miracles without giving one example

But they feel it is of good sense and right that I am the one to "prove" my claims! Bros & Co - of which specific miracle that I claimed?

You people just keep showing how shallow and empty you are. Pharisees would commit suicide if compared to you! Even the Roman empire was holier than you.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by usmany: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
Guys,

Does this mean, christainity is somewhat religion of magic or what? cus your pastors are playing God,   shocked and you de follow them ko?  grin cheesy
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by shinaidowu: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ poster
Are you sure you went to a CEC cos here in Nigeria, even cell leaders are laying hands and healing talkless of Pastors of the church. Healing in CEC and the body of Christ is not limited to the pastors only but any and everybody that believes.

Somebody asked a dumb question if Pastor Chris is greater than Jesus Christ, Pastor Chris is not greater than Jesus but he has the ability to do greater works than Jesus (even you too), WHY?. JESUS himself said so. Thats the very reason Jesus gave us the holy ghost, or do you think the holy ghost does not have where to stay in heaven thats why he came to the earth to live inside of us?
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by mbaemeka(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
woooow!! is this what this thread has metamorposhed tohttps://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=474352.64;num_replies=79

It's evident Alexeo didnt have anything auspicious to say. What a pity. Some say they believe God still heals today, some others say they dont- Science and technology to them has reduced the manifestation of God in this era- sssaad, very sympathetic. Whatever happened to Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever? whatever happened to '' greater works than these shall ye do''? whatever happened to the truth?

Some say ''oh i believe God does heal, but certainly not through Pastor Chris. This only reminds me of the pharisees that said to Jesus ''we know God spoke to Moses but certainly not you'' and whenever i read this part of scripture i keep ruminating on two thoughts- where they there and Did they hear God talk to Moses? The answer ofcourse is an emphatic- NO! So why did they aver that claim?, to discredit the master. which brings me to the same hypocrites today many of which apply medical science to understanding the word of God, many of which claim that once upon a time they slayed people by the anointing of the holyghost but now they dont believe those things again, and many of which claim to have been baptised in the holyspirit twenty something or is twenty four years ago yet assert that such gifting isnt for the body of christ but for a select few to whom the ''know it alls belong''- PATHETIC LOT!!

God still heals today through men and women that have died to self and live to God. People that refuse to depend on their degrees,looks, abilities or charisma but instead wholly depend on the infallibility of the word of God, men who through faith and patience have inherited promises not men of self-who cast aspersions, throw tantrums, subscribe to yellow journalism, seek political power and who love to revel in the praise of men- they live for themselves and are full of themselves thus they compare themselves with themselves- they are proud, unwise, grandiloquent and as such God himself elbows them. No power is demonstrated in their preachings and meetings because they have blasphemed God's spirit and continue to do so when they hautingly retort ''juju, false prophets, magic'' attributing to demons the workings of The Almighty God. They may come to you with all scripture in their head, but you see thats were their problem inchoates from for the word of God should be in our hearts not our cerebrum.

We can only teach what we know (or claim to know) but we impart who we are. Thank you Pastor Chris for mirroring to the body of Christ God's divine life and for demonstrating to us the character of God's spirit.

To whom it may concern (, i hope this truth doesnt pass you by, ) many gathered themselves to him- those that were in debt,distress, and despondent and as they admired the emperors clothes little did they know that after a very short while they themselves would be emperors. Its the lords doing and its marvelous in your eyes.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
^^^ Meanwhile, and according to the story, the emperor was actually naked and they all were deluding themselves, lying the clothes were beautiful, simply because they wanted to look (in this case) "spiritual".

All it took to expose them was one little boy who said loudly "But he's naked" . Ah, the honesty of children wink

So, Mr. No, you were saying?
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2010
mba emeka:

. . .People that refuse to depend on their degrees,looks, abilities or charisma . . .

^^^Hypocrite, so why does your pastor Chris bleach his skin, perm and jerry-curl his hair and go around spotting PH.D among his titles then?
mba emeka:

Thank you Pastor Chris for mirroring to the body of Christ God's divine life and for demonstrating to us the character of God's spirit.
^^^Keep giving the glory to your pastor Chris instead of Jesus and showing yourself to be the brain-washed cult-follower you are.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
aletheia:

^^^Hypocrite, so why does your pastor Chris bleach his skin, perm and jerry-curl his hair and go around spotting PH.D among his titles then?^^^Keep giving the glory to your pastor Chris instead of Jesus and showing yourself to be the brain-washed cult-follower you are.

No, you are the hypocrite!

I have been able to expose  the pharisee that you are:

1.    God heals today: Yes - Where is the proof? NONE

God uses Pastor Chris and others to heal today: It's a lie! We have to see verifiable evidence

2.  God spoke to Moses- Yes- Were they with Moses when God did? No

God sent and spoke to Jesus- Nooooooooo - You are not Mosessssss

1 and 2 are both Pharisees
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by donnie(m): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ fynguy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Nuclearboy, aletheia, sirjohn
blind leading the blind. . . both shall fall into the pit.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2010
At least, these blind are alive and regenerated. smiley

better blind and regenerated than dead, rotting and tools in the hand of satan
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
aletheia:

^^^Hypocrite, so why does your pastor Chris bleach his skin, perm and jerry-curl his hair and go around spotting PH.D among his titles then?

You forgot the fake phonetics plus the chap is swivel hipped too - I wonder if he doesn't have those tendencies is why anita went away!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by donnie(m): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
If you are blind, you cannot see light, so you cannot have light. Not until the one who blinds you is bound by a stronger than he and the veil is removed from over your eyes. The blind man = the lost man.

nuclearboy:

You forgot the fake phonetics plus the chap is swivel hipped too - I wonder if he doesn't have those tendencies is why anita went away!
May God have mercy on you.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2010
fyneguy:

No, you are the hypocrite!

I have been able to expose  the pharisee that you are:

1.    God heals today: Yes - Where is the proof? NONE

God uses Pastor Chris and others to heal today: It's a lie! We have to see verifiable evidence

2.  God spoke to Moses- Yes- Were they with Moses when God did? No

God sent and spoke to Jesus- Nooooooooo - You are not Mosessssss

1 and 2 are both Pharisees
I am touching your "anointed" so that's why you beginning to froth at the mouth and descend into incoherency. So the only proof you can put forward is that:
1. God performs healing miracles
2. Pastor Chris has performed some healing miracles
Therefore God must be performing healing miracles through pastor Chris.
I am sure anyone with even a modicum of common sense (except brain-washed cult members) will see what's wrong with that line of reasoning

Even Bar-Jesus (with a name similar to Jesus) and Simon Magus performed many "lying wonders", don't mean they were sent by God.

Don't worry, when the truth becomes revealed in the no so distant future, you will remember that you were warned long before time by none other than Jesus Himself:
Matthew Chapter 24

[4] And Jesus answered them, See that no one leads you astray.
[5] For many will come in my name, saying, I am the Christ, and they will lead many astray.

[11] And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.

[24] For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
[25] See, I have told you beforehand.
Keep on following lying wonders.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by fyneguy: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2010
^^^^^^ grin

No wonder Donnie says you are blind.

It's so obvious.

(shakes head)
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by aletheia(m): 2:03am On Jul 13, 2010
^^^
*yawn*
Napoleon Bonaparte: “There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter.”
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2010
This thread Is still on? I've missed a lot!
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Joagbaje(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2010
aletheia:

I dont understand is anybody's business with how a man looks. So what hair do is recommended in the bible. And is it a sin to use certain creams. Show us from scriptures and not from your religious mind. Besides that is not a jerry curl. And pastor chris is not bleaching. His parents are both light skinned. And even if he bleaches according to you , of what spiritual significance is that. What is the bible cream. This is a religous hypocrisy dont you use cream? I belive you do. So why point finger at another person cream. Dont use personal limited exposure in posts.You should back your post with Gods word. Let me give you mine.

1Sa 16:7
for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

2Co 10:7
¶ Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

What the Word teach is modesty.

And whats your bad belle. For PHD. If a man has PHD in theology, and its disturbing you. Go get yours. He got it because of people like you. That require outward title for approval. Because some will not listen untill they know what back up your authority. He didnt get it for show. he wants to rach everyone. Paul had to identified with different classes just to reach. them .He even shaved his head ! all for Jesus!

1Co 9:20
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

I once preached to a lecturer in my school days who was an Eckist, He asked me , outside the bible which books have I read, I said I didnt care what any other book says Iread only my bible. "I told him I preached Jesus and him crucified!" He told me he could not discuss with me again, that my mind was narrow.I lost that soul . From that day. I began to read anything about any religion. And I had better result in soulwinning. If you dont know a man's motive , You should either ask or keep quiet. You dont have moral right to judge and conclude the motive of another person. It is a sin.

^^^Keep giving the glory to your pastor Chris instead of Jesus and showing yourself to be the brain-washed cult-follower you are.

That means Jesus was a cultistist too, I dont mind this Jesus cult. Afterall he is head of all principality.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by Enigma(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

And whats your bad belle. For PHD. If a man has PHD in theology, and its disturbing you. Go get yours. He got it because of people like you. That require outward title for approval. Because some will not listen untill they know what back up your authority. He didnt get it for show. he wants to rach everyone. Paul had to identified with different classes just to reach. them .He even shaved his head ! all for Jesus!

Out of curiosity, could you please tell us which university or institution he got his PhD from and in which year?
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by alexleo(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2010
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven (luke 10.19-20).

I still maintain that miracle is not the major thing. The main thing is making sure that our names are written in heaven but in Christ embassy, miracle of the body is the main thing rather than miracle of salvation of the souls.

Worshipping Chris more than Christ as seen in CE is not biblical lets be careful.
That somebody cast our demon all heal the sick like your so called pastor Chris doesnt mean he is a man of God. Hear what the bible said-

'Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"
23 And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness." (matthew 7.21-23).

Let no man be carried away by the so called miracle exhibitions of Chris and his followers. what we see now is more of Chris Embassy rather than Christ Embassy.
Re: How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? by nuclearboy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

I dont understand is anybody's business with how a man looks. So what hair do is recommended in the bible. And is it a sin to use certain creams. Show us from scriptures and not from your religious mind. Besides that is not a jerry curl. And pastor chris is not bleaching. His parents are both light skinned. And even if he bleaches according to you , of what spiritual significance is that. What is the bible cream. This is a religous hypocrisy dont you use cream? I belive you do. So why point finger at another person cream. Dont use personal limited exposure in posts.You should back your post with Gods word. Let me give you mine.

What the Word teach is modesty.

I once preached to a lecturer in my school days who was an Eckist, He asked me , outside the bible which books have I read, I said I didnt care what any other book says I read only my bible. "I told him I preached Jesus and him crucified!" He told me he could not discuss with me again, that my mind was narrow.I lost that soul . From that day. I began to read anything about any religion. And I had better result in soulwinning. If you dont know a man's motive , You should either ask or keep quiet. You dont have moral right to judge and conclude the motive of another person. It is a sin.

That means Jesus was a cultistist too, I dont mind this Jesus cult. Afterall he is head of all principality.

And jerry curls, bleaching IN A MAN are modesty? 

And it is holy and modest and right to use a honorary title in your signature AND FAKE phonetics in speech ?

His (the Eckist's) soul belonged to you and you lost it? Where? in the bushpath behind your house, perharps

Jesus is head over ALL things (which includes cults, devils, idiots, believers, angels) - chris ends the bunch of chris-worshippers. You head your sorry body

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? / Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse / Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.