Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,480 members, 7,770,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:41 AM

Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? (20671 Views)

Do You See African Girls With Big Stomach A Big Deal For Marriage Or Not? / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2018
I'm a of dude of about 28 years, I just finished my NYSC program and I secured a job that pays me about 50k, my girlfriend who is about 25 years too just acquired a job that pays her about 60k per month too.

Is it advisable I go for M.Sc. program or just settle down for marriage with my girlfriend and then follow my career later.

We both stay at Ibadan, the city is averagely okay.

What's your take ?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Hopebringer: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2018
Go for a career so you can get a better job and save up .. this will also give you time to mature

I advise men to get married from age 30 years minimum, that way you are more matured and less likely to act like a brat in marriage

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Omoekun931(m): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2018
Baba settle down jare. Master degree can come later

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Genesiszero: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2018
I'll advise you get married first, since you and your girlfriend have acquired to this extent, the good pay job and you're all living normally, I think you'll need to get married and then continue your masters career program....... It's not a crime to run masters after getting married.....

I need babies, we need babies, I wanna see your wedding pics, no time to waste......

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 20, 2018
Hopebringer:
Go for a career so you can get a better job and save up .. this will also give you time to mature

I advise men to get married from age 30 years minimum, that way you are more matured and less likely to act like a brat in marriage
Thank You.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 20, 2018
Omoekun931:
Baba settle down jare. Master degree can come later
smiley alright

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2018
Genesiszero:
I'll advise you get married first, since you and your girlfriend have acquired to this extent, the good pay job and you're all living normally, I think you'll need to get married and then continue your masters career program....... It's not a crime to run masters after getting married.....

I need babies, we need babies, I wanna see your wedding pics, no time to waste......
You will see them soon... thanks for the advice!

7 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Lalasticlala Rocktation seun farano, pls help me move this to the front page.
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by ivolt: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
It depends.
Will an M.SC degree guarantee you a better career prospect or is it a requirement for career advancement in your field?
If yes, go for it.
If no, work towards getting a better job and delay your marriage till you are 30 or plus years old.

25 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by BruncleZuma: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin

A wise man once said some people get married to check off their bucket list...

8 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Balistic4: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
She is already earning more than you and you want to settle down, many will tell you that it is no big deal, but just watch out as time teaches you lesson of all times. Very few ladies are worth the risk and I might bet my right stuff that she might not be among that few.

by the way, why are there so many uncertainties in you statement?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Dorcas212(f): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
lol 50k job and you want to get married?? Combination of 110k are you kidding me?

As a single i spend more than that in a month. How will you raise children? Depend on relatives? My brother think very well

41 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Rrankdonga(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
50k?

and you want to rush into marriage

its not even about the money

from your comments your not even settled down yet

pause marriage for now

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by JailBreaker(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
hmm
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by McBrooklyn(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
Guy in my honest opinion, you can do both if you want to get married so bad...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Kingjames(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
grin
Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by agrovick(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
A variety of options,

1) Go for career, who marriage help?
2) Get married, and get your masters but delay on the kids yet cos when kids come in, your life practically ends

26 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by wunmi590(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
On my own little contribution, i would advice that you still hold on with both your marriage and MS.c for now, so that you can make more money.

If you start your MS.c, you will still need money, so don't rush on MS.c now, or else you have somebody who wants to sponsor you, and beside, even with MS.c somebody still has to pray for God's favor to get job.

I had my introduction 1st of this month, and preparing my wedding very soon, and i am earning 6 figures, but i am still not content, because of the high cost of Lagos.

If you can get a better job with a better pay, you can go ahead with your plan, but with that 50k, bros, please be patience.

17 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by DoTheNeedful: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
@op, I am not bothered about your salary as I believe a man doesn't need to earn 400k before he settles down as some teenagers here will make you believe. However, I am bothered that you want to settle with that amount at your age when you can still improve your finances and career.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
*sigh*

If you guys really love each other, you should marry lowkey in court and end matters there.

Do a quick projection into the future, say 3-5 years. Where do you want to be? Only you can answer that question. Truth is, even if this thread enters page 20, a bunch of strangers cannot influence and/or determine your own future. Only you can.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by emmabest2000(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kid
Marriage is not about 50k / 60k salaries

It’s all about maturity

Be careful to avoid the story that touches grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Yewandequeen(f): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Get married now that u know she is still urs then carreer afterwards.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
instead go for Presidency in 2019. We're done with that lifeless duck cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by honestivo(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Brotherly I will suggest you settled down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by BedLam: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hmmm...A wise man once said nothing at all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by babadee1(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2018
thegentleman:
I'm a of dude of about 28 years, I just finished my NYSC program and I secured a job that pays me about 50k, my girlfriend who is about 25 years too just acquired a job that pays her about 60k per month too.

Is it advisable I go for M.Sc. program or just settle down for marriage with my girlfriend and then follow my career later.

We both stay at Ibadan, the city is averagely okay.

What's your take ?

Can you do both? Because one might not wait for the other. If you go for one out of the two you may lose the other one.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Florblu(f): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ask yourself the following questions:

1) Do you have enough fund to start and complete your Masters degree?

2) Is your babe ready to share costs and expenses with you equally?

3) Are you secure enough to watch your "wife" take more responsibilities at home(financially) than you do?

Let me stop here.

15 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by Newboss(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Guy, find your foot in life first. angry
50k and you just finished NYSC? angry
And you dey think of a contract that has 99% chances of ruining your life? angry

They use woman swear for you? angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? by CriticMaestro: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Have u even proposed to the girl?
How sure are u she will marry u?

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cameroonian Man Dies In Nigerian Lover’s House / "Boys Boarding School Didn't Turn Your Son Gay, Being Gay Is Hormonal" - Lady / Head Of His Penis Was Trying To Stretch My Pussy Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.