Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago (37280 Views)

"The Nigeria Air MUST FAIL" - Oby Ezekwesili / Security Agents Harassing Oby Ezekwesili During Lone Protest In Abuja / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by deebrownneymar: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2018
many of us thought Oby Ezeks was Yarning dust and trolled her. meanwhile i learnt about 1.5 billion N/$ had already gone down the drain for the project. Sounds like money raised for elections.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by 9gerian: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2018

CROWNWEALTH019:
This ugly fart biitch that conspired against Jonathan, she can go and die for all I care...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2018
chernest2002:
where are the competent managers? Are we going to import them from the moon? Are you not corrupt to be trusted with it, any carrier that is not private is a waste. How about our ajokute steel, Peugeot Nigeria and many others, how many billions are you making from them today, Mr progressive.

That is why change must begin with you.

Your comment confirms that corruption has become entrenched in the very fabric of Nigeria and it makes you happy?

Ajaokuta is already in private hands and being worked on. Besides there were talks and considerations about privatizing the same Nigeria air once it comes online.

Peugeut failed in Nigeria during the past government but its already back in this government as it declared that it would commence its assembly plant in Kaduna by first quarter of 2019

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL5N1T73ZG

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Great2017: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Yes Nigerians are wiser and cannot fall for the cheap propaganda from the opposition.

The government has reawakened the talks and need of a national carrier and this alone shows steps are in process for an actualization.

You would do well to learn the difference between POSTPONEMENT and CANCELLATION.
Stop deceiving yourself with postponement and cancellation. Go and learn the difference between POSTPONEMENT and SUSPENSION because the report said SUSPENSION and not POSTPONEMENT.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by SadMemories(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are nonsensically dull
AH?! OMO WINNERS.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by stchinedu: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:
So called educated people still cannot differentiate between CANCEL and POSTPONE.

The FG only postponed And did not cancel.

So called educated people can't see that its in our best interest to have our own national carrier as it used to be before PDP destroyed it with mismanagement and looting.

Now this FG has reopened the talks and plans and for them to get it absolutely right, they obviously needed to postpone it so they can strategize better.

A clear indicator that this FG is committed to make this work was when they cleared all salary arrears owed all the former staff of Nigerian Airways.

I believe this is so they can have a clean slate to relaunch on.

It says... suspended INDEFINITELY!

In Nigeria, that is as good as 'cancel'

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2018
stchinedu:

It says... suspended INDEFINITELY!

In Nigeria, that is as good as 'cancel'

Not in my dictionary.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Firefire(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2018
APC & BUHARY are complete SCAM!

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by chernest2002: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That is why change must begin with you.

Your comment confirms that corruption has become entrenched in the very fabric of Nigeria and it makes you happy?

Ajaokuta is already in private hands and being worked on. Besides there were talks and considerations about privatizing the same Nigeria air once it comes online.

Peugeut failed in Nigeria during the past government but its already back in this government as it declared that it would commence its assembly plant in Kaduna by first quarter of 2019

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL5N1T73ZG
bros why was ajaokuta taken to private, because it has been wasting our money, air Nigeria failed previously too, I happened to be among suppliers to Peugeot Nigeria then,one of a staff I knew was too flamboyant and wasteful, Nigeria was not as corrupt then. You said it was past administration, and I ask you what have changed today, don't we still have Babachil lawal, maina and others walking free today, where is the change? Nigeria should be privatized totally. Everything should be privatized an be checked strictly if we must progress

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by stchinedu: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Not in my dictionary.

It doesn't have to be in your dictionary...'indefinite' should make you reason.

You claimed to be the 'wise one' in your comment but you are not different from those you claim to be 'crucifying'.

The so called 'learned Nigerians' are just being realistic (since it is an indefinite suspension) but you drew your conclusion and labelled them 'unwise'

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2018
stchinedu:

It doesn't have to be in your dictionary...'indefinite' should make you reason.

You claimed to be the 'wise one' in your comment but you are not different from those you claim to be 'crucifying'.

The so called 'learned Nigerians' are just being realistic (since it is an indefinite suspension) but you drew your conclusion and labelled them 'unwise'

Indefinite does nor erase the word POSTPONE! indefinite does not translate to ETERNAL.

You need to become smarter obviously.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by freemi(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
This ugly fart biitch that conspired against Jonathan, she can go and die for all I care...
d write up pls nt d writer
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by stchinedu: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Indefinite does nor erase the word POSTPONE! indefinite does not translate to ETERNAL.

You need to become smarter obviously.

Lol....

May be you need to listen to the news again. This time get all the faculties intact.

Sorry!

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2018
chernest2002:
bros why was ajaokuta taken to private, because it has been wasting our money, air Nigeria failed previously too, I happened to be among suppliers to Peugeot Nigeria then,one of a staff I knew was too flamboyant and wasteful, Nigeria was not as corrupt then. You said it was past administration, and I ask you what have changed today, don't we still have Babachil lawal, maina and others walking free today, where is the change? Nigeria should be privatized totally. Everything should be privatized an be checked strictly if we must progress

Ajaokuta should have been finished years ago but due to misappropriation if funds, it has bene left abandoned until this administration.

Like I said, Peugeot is back to Nigeria now after being ran aground by past administrations. This time will work because this FG is not going to be looting as usual.

I suggest you head to Kaduna and start renegotiations to become a supplier again with your past records as proof of your ability rather than wailing online

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2018
stchinedu:

Lol....

May be you need to listen to the news again. This time get all the faculties intact.

Sorry!

Like you lost all your faculties despite going to school

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by lexy2014: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The word used is INDEFINITELY which means until a date is provided.

This does nor mean that working towards its actualization would cease. Rather it means, we would announce date once WE ARE FULLY READY. Postponement is totally different from cancellation

we are saying d same thing as I am not in contention with u over d dictionary meanings of cancellation & postponement. Maybe u can provide an insight into y this indefinite "postponement".

U didn't answer d question, as at 1999, was Nigerian airways still functional?

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by deolu2000(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2018
when facts are laid bare before the govt and her sympathizers, you are made an instant enemy and be subjected to all sorts of insults and abuse, but in real democracy, there is always room for criticism so that the govt will get adequate feedbacks on all her activities. But in Ng, reverse is the case, because the govt and her cronies only wants applauds for all their activities, and no questions should be asked of them, and this is the reason that developments is far from us in NG.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Kennydoc(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Wailer who has so many flying out to other countries and returning aboard other airlines daily from Nigeria with the income going to the countries who own those airlines and is still asking me how many Nigerians can afford airflight. Wailers have been known to talk before they think .

Global airline income for 2018 is already at $834 billion and you think people are not flying especially from THE LARGEST AND MOST POPULOUS BLACK NATION IN THE WORLD?

$834billion income so far from airline flights in 2018 and the year hasn't ended yet. Nigeria should be making nothing less than $30billion a year from that sum as her share if we get it right.

You guys really don't think do you?

Wailing senselessly has always been your trademark.

PDP met our national carrier in 1999 when obasanjo came into power. By 2003 they had liquidated it under same PDP and her lootocracy ways.

You know nothing, and you're not aware. That's why you're truly a zombie.

Now educate yourself with this piece.

Africa's airlines to incur $100 million loss in 2018 – IATA

by defenceWeb, December 5, 1:30 pm

Cape Town International airport. Africa's airlines are expected to continue making a combined loss of $100 million in 2018, the same as 2017, in spite of an anticipated 8% growth in demand and capacity expansion of 7.5%.

Click here
This is according to the International Air Transport Association's (IATA's) 2018 global airline industry forecast which was presented by IATA's Director-General and CEO, Alexandre de Juniac, in Geneva, Switzerland on 5 December.

The forecast says the slow pace of wider economic improvement in Africa is hampering the financial performance of the continent's airlines. Nigeria is only just out of recession and growth in South Africa remains extremely weak. As a result, although traffic is growing, the passenger load factors (i.e. the measure of utilised capacity) are just over 70%. This is more than 10% lower than the global industry average.

The combination of low utilisation and high fixed costs make it difficult for airlines to make a profit, IATA says. Stronger economic growth will help in 2018, but Africa's governments need to make a concerted effort to free up intra-African access to their markets as the increased connectivity will stimulate wider economic growth.

Globally, IATA expects global industry net profit to rise to $38.4 billion in 2018, an improvement from the $34.5 billion expected net profit in 2017 (revised from a $31.4 billion forecast in June).

2018 is expected to be the fourth consecutive year of sustainable global airline profits with a return on invested capital (9.4%) exceeding the industry's average cost of capital (7.4%).

"These are good times for the global air transport industry. Safety performance is solid. We have a clear strategy that is delivering results on environmental performance. More people than ever are travelling. The demand for air cargo is at its strongest level in over a decade. Employment is growing. More routes are being opened. Airlines are achieving sustainable levels of profitability. It's still, however, a tough business, and we are being challenged on the cost front by rising fuel, labour and infrastructure expenses," said de Juniac.

"The industry also faces longer-term challenges. Many of them are in the hands of governments. Aviation is the business of freedom and a catalyst for growth and development. To continue to deliver on our full potential, governments need to raise their game-implementing global standards on security, finding a reasonable level of taxation, delivering smarter regulation and building the cost-efficient infrastructure to accommodate growing demand. The benefits of aviation are compelling-2.7 million direct jobs and critical support for 3.5% of global economic activity. And the industry is ready to partner with governments to reinforce the foundations for global connectivity that are vital to modern life," said de Juniac.

In 2018, passenger numbers are expected to increase to 4.3 billion. Passenger traffic (revenue passenger kilometers or RPKs) is expected to rise 6.0% (slightly down on the 7.5% growth of 2017 but still ahead of the average of the past 10-20 years of 5.5%), which will exceed a capacity expansion (available seat kilometers or ASKs) of 5.7%.

This will push up the average load factor to a record 81.4%, helping to drive a 3.0% improvement in yields. Revenues from the passenger business are expected to grow to $581 billion (+9.2% on $532 billion in 2017). Strong performance of the passenger business is supported by expected robust GDP growth of 3.1% (the strongest since 2010).

The biggest challenge to profitability in 2018 is rising costs, IATA cautions. Oil prices are expected to average $60/barrel for Brent Crude in 2018 (up 10.7% from $54.2/barrel in 2017). Labour costs have been accelerating strongly and are now a larger expense item than fuel (30.9% in 2018).

All regions are expected to report improved profitability in 2018 and all regions are expected to see demand growth outpace capacity expansion. Carriers in North America continue to lead on financial performance, accounting for nearly half of the industry's total profits.

Economic Impact of Aviation

IATA notes that since 1996 the inflation-adjusted cost of air transport to consumers has halved and that international tourists travelling by air are expected to spend more than $750 billion in 2018, a rise of 15% in just over 2 years.

The value of goods carried by airlines is expected to exceed $6.2 trillion in 2018, representing 7.4% of world GDP.

Direct employment by airlines will exceed 2.7 million worldwide in 2018. On average across the world IATA forecast that in 2018 each airline employee will generate over $109,000 of gross value added (the firm-level equivalent to GDP), which is considerably higher than the economy-wide average.
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-50111/

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:
So called educated people still cannot differentiate between CANCEL and POSTPONE.

The FG only postponed And did not cancel.

So called educated people can't see that its in our best interest to have our own national carrier as it used to be before PDP destroyed it with mismanagement and looting.

Now this FG has reopened the talks and plans and for them to get it absolutely right, they obviously needed to postpone it so they can strategize better.

A clear indicator that this FG is committed to make this work was when they cleared all salary arrears owed all the former staff of Nigerian Airways.

I believe this is so they can have a clean slate to relaunch on.

Zombie Ooo, Zombie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by ganu: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Yes Nigerians are wiser and cannot fall for the cheap propaganda from the opposition.

The government has reawakened the talks and need of a national carrier and this alone shows steps are in process for an actualization.

You would do well to learn the difference between POSTPONEMENT and CANCELLATION.
ganu
We agree that there's a difference between cancelled and postponed only if the postponement has a date. But, if indefinite it's same as cancelled. Therefore tell us the date it's postponed to.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by chernest2002: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Ajaokuta should have been finished years ago but due to misappropriation if funds, it has bene left abandoned until this administration.

Like I said, Peugeot is back to Nigeria now after being ran aground by past administrations. This time will work because this FG is not going to be looting as usual.

I suggest you head to Kaduna and start renegotiations to become a supplier again with your past records as proof of your ability rather than wailing online
I see you are partisan, anyone who says truth in this regime is called a wailler, this administration will not last forever and am not jealous of it but as a Nigerian I have the right to my opinion , call me wailler or hater I don't care. This regime is analogue and have achieved nothing different. Mark today, am telling you that nationalization of companies in this country will never succeed, am not praying for doom against Nigeria but we have no saints to work in the industries. And am yet to see integrity in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2018
Kennydoc:

You know nothing, and you're not aware. That's why you're truly a zombie.

Now educate yourself with this piece.

Wailer who knows nothing.

You truly wail before thinking.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/278372/revenue-of-commercial-airlines-worldwide/

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Ballmer: 11:24am On Sep 21, 2018
overall90:

collapsed Business huh!
courtesy of the APC government.

When looting is your foolish business it is a must APC must ensure it collapsed n send you to jail but I prefer your are sent to hell.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2018
chernest2002:
I see you are partisan, anyone who says truth in this regime is called a wailler, this administration will not last forever and am not jealous of it but as a Nigerian I have the right to my opinion , call me wailler or hater I don't care. This regime is analogue and have achieved nothing different. Mark today, am telling you that nationalization of companies in this country will never succeed, am not praying for doom against Nigeria but we have no saints to work in the industries. And am yet to see integrity in this country.

Well I see different from you and I am also entitled to my own point of view which does not make me a zombie as you people love to declare. It rather makes me an optimist.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by chernest2002: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I see you are partisan, anyone who says truth in this regime is called a wailler, this administration will not last forever and am not jealous of it but as a Nigerian I have the right to my opinion , call me wailler or hater I don't care. This regime is analogue and have achieved nothing different. Mark today, am telling you that nationalization of companies in this country will never succeed, am not praying for doom against Nigeria but we have no saints to work in the industries. And am yet to see integrity in this country. .
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by chernest2002: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Well I see different from you and I am also entitled to my own point of view which does not make me a zombie as you people lobe to declare. It rather makes me an optimist.
good I wish Nigeria progress and I want Nigerians to be fruitful but Fg must carry all people of good will along if we must progress. Many people apc have gone to pdp and pdp have also gone to apc so where are the saints and competence. We have greedy and selfish politicians ruling Nigeria. How do we change things?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2018
chernest2002:
good I wish Nigeria progress and I want Nigerians to be fruitful but Fg must carry all people of good will along if we must progress. Many people apc have gone to pdp and pdp have also gone to apc so where are the saints and competence. We have greedy and selfish politicians ruling Nigeria. How do we change things?

We just need good leadership. Its on record that PMB and PYO are still the most credible and accountable duo we have in office.

As long as the head is right, the rest of the body would eventually become right that's what I know.

I would rather stand with PMB/PYO than any other in the political climate of Nigeria today.

If for nothing, this is the first masses oriented government we have ever had. The others have been for the rich, by the rich and of the rich.

People the status quo has shifted from the rich to the poor and the rich are no longer seeing free money this is why they are clamoring to have PMB removed.

I am standing with this great duo while they groom a younger successor who would continue with their blueprint for greatness come 2023

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Kennydoc(m): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Wailer who knows nothing.

You truly wail before thinking.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/278372/revenue-of-commercial-airlines-worldwide/

You're truly a zombie.
Do you know the difference between revenue and net profit? Do you know that the cost of running airlines is humongous, such that even if you realise ₦1bn, there will be very little profit?

I showed you an article with statistics from IATA showing that globally, airlines will make a profit of about $38bn in 2018, but Africa specifically will make a loss of about $100million. What it means is that many African airlines will be run at a loss.

The major gains in air travel is made in countries where people can easily afford to fly. In the UK for example, flying from Glasgow to London (Stansted Airport or Luton Airport) can be as low as £50 - 100 (return ticket). Anybody can make that amount in one or 2 days (including the least paid workers), so anybody can fly in the UK. Same with other developed countries. In Nigeria, an average return ticket from Abuja to Lagos is probably about ₦40k or more. That's two months salary of someone earning the minimum wage. How many Nigerians can afford to spend between half to 2 months of the salaries on air travel, which in developed countries will cost people less than 3 days wages?
This is part of the reasons why so many private airlines (and not only Nigerian Airways) have folded up in the past 30 years.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by flames01: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Your empty noise doesn't change buhari from being a failure
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Butterflyleo: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2018
Kennydoc:

You're truly a zombie.
Do you know the difference between revenue and profit? Do you know that the cost of running airlines is humongous, such that even if you realise ₦1bn, there will be very little profit?

I showed you an article with statistics from IATA showing that globally, airlines will make a profit of about $30bn in 2018, but Africa specifically will make a loss of about $100million. What it means is that many African airlines will be run at a loss.

The major gains in air travel is made in countries where people can easily afford to fly. In the UK for example, flying from Glasgow to London (Stansted Airport or Luton Airport) can be as low as £50 - 100 (return ticket). Anybody can make that amount in one or 2 days (including the least paid workers), so anybody can fly in the UK. Same with other developed countries. In Nigeria, an average return ticket from Abuja to Lagos is probably about ₦40k or more. That's two months salary of someone earning the minimum wage. How many Nigerians can afford to spend between half to 2 months of the salaries on air travel, which in developed countries will cost people less than 3 days wages?
This is part of the reasons why so many private airlines (and not only Nigerian Airways) have folded up in the past 30 years.

I am focused on revenue! Where in my comment which you mentioned did I mention profit?

Dumb wailer

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by flames01: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2018
obailala:
The desperate bitterness of some of these Jonathanians knows no bounds. Any prominent person who remotely didnt support their oga in 2015 is their enemy for life. What a pity!

Take am easy bro... its not that deep grin

How does that change the fact that the project is a failure?

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago by Kennydoc(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I am focused on revenue! Where in my comment which you mentioned did I mention profit?

Dumb wailer

You're still very dumb in your responses. Can't you think? Oga, revenue means income. It's not the same as profit. It's when you've removed expenditures from your revenue that you can determine if you made a profit. Talking about revenue without mentioning expenditures is rubbish.
So if I spend 1 billion naira annually in running a business, and I make a revenue of 500 million, I will be celebrating that I am making half a billion naira revenue, therefore I am doing well?
Nobody does a business because of just the revenue. It's because of profit that people do businesses.
Can you just drop your cloak of zombeism for once and use your brain?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

More Photos of Peter Obi In Court Today / OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / Ibe Kachikwu Visits Maritime University Site Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.