Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees (11718 Views)

APC Amasses N22bn Old Notes For Secret Swap With New Notes For Vote-Buying - PDP / Ogunderu: How We Carried Out The 1993 Nigerian Airways Hijack / Nigerian Airways Pensioners Paid By Buhari, Hail Buhari, Curse Obasanjo (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Grayxme: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
The Federal Government has approved the sum of N22.68bn for the payment of retirement benefits to former workers of liquidated Nigerian Airways Ltd.

The amount which was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari is about 50 per cent of the N45.3bn entitlements of the former workers of the company.
The Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed said this on Monday in Abuja during a press briefing held at the headquarters of the Ministry of Finance.

Apart from the N22.8bn for the former aviation workers, she said that the sum of N20bn was approved for the education sector.

She said, “Upon my resumption of office as the minister of finance,some pending fiscal issues in the aviation and education sectors were immediately brought to my attention.

“As such, I took it as a challenge to quickly address key issues regarding the settlement of existing claims in both of these sectors.

“Consequently, upon this, I am happy to inform you that Mr President has graciously approved the sum of N22.68bn and N20bn to aviation and education sectors respectively.”

The minister said the initial outstanding retirement benefits due to ex-workers of the Nigerian Airways based on their submission was N78bn.

She said after a verification exercise by the Presidential Initiative on Continuous Audit and other relevant stakeholders in line with the condition of service of the liquidated Nigerian Airways Ltd, it was the sum of N45bn was agreed as the total retirement benefits to the affected staff.

“The ex-workers of Nigeria Airways Ltd in liquidation were not paid their retirement benefits for the past 15 years despite the liquidation.

https://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-approves-payment-of-n22bn-to-nigerian-airways-retirees/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by JudasNaCarrot: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
This is one of the things he ought to do upon ascending to the seat since 2015 rather he allowed the workers to suffer,hospitalized and some even dead before acting.

We all know he's doing all these for 2019 election but he ain't going back to Aso Rock rather going straight to Daura.
We also know that the "Cabal" have told him to pay so as to gain support for his second term ambition.

Nonsense "push and start" President.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Smurfette(f): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
Good News

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by slimfit1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
If i was him they would have to come and tellt us how the airline went down common sense before they get a kobo. The executive and directors wont get a kobo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Millenniumlady(f): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2018
Smurfette:
Good News
what's good about this news nor buharia just wait he'll tell them it's a mistake cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by BRASH: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
I will congratulate d lifeless one when the payment is confirmed. Meanwhile he should hadi sirika to refund d money he scamed us. Nigeria air is a scam.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Smurfette(f): 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Millenniumlady:
what's good about this news nor buharia just wait he'll tell them it's a mistake cheesy
it's good news because people have waited for this for a long time, though they are not paying the full amount,half bread is better than none.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2018
But we have heard approved but we can't trust this propaganda again. Releases were made on the media for osun see state but no release. This govt has failed me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Fariq: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
They will either avoid this thread, call it fake & propaganda or insult the president for this.

Hate is in their DNA.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by vedaxcool(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
Yet 16 years of PDP "wonderful" economy could not pay all these liabilities.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by IgboticGirl(f): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by OmoManU: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Good man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by eleojo23: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
One good thing about pre-election year is that the government begins to pay outstanding debts owed to citizens so that they can buy their favour and be voted back.

My people, make Una collect Una money and vote wetin dey Una mind next year. The money na una own from beginning. No be favour dem dey do Una o.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by dotcomnamename: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hahahahaha Wailers right now be like

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
We hope the money truly gets to them
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Oblitz(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by nduboss(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Sirpaul(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
My son, fear thou the Lord and the king:
and meddle not with them that are given to "CHANGE"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Butterflyleo: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
Best Presido in Naija by a long stretch.

Imagine for 15 years. Past administrations ignored them including that administration that made the highest income from crude. That ineffectual one.

PMB/ PYO God bless you both for caring for the masses

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Deymolarr(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
A step in the right direction...

However,
To register your Companies, Business names and Incoporated trustees....

Contact 08180376740...
Thank me later...
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Olukat(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
What exactly is the function of government if this is seen as news angry
Who brought what to her notice?
Is the former minister of finance Mrs. Kemi on their "blame" menu?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by mayweather145: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nobody....will appreciate the president about this good gesture of his now... They are all looking for bad news to blame him for. He just paid ppl that has already lost hope of been paid. Some of them must have returned to their villages hopeless... but buhari just brought hope and smile upon them. If it's before, this money can be embezzeld by a single person. Meanwhile who even owed them this money self . I guess we all know ? Or is this another gej initiated project ? The initiator .... With mouth.... Or by embezzlement. Buhari is d executor . Buhari till 2050....sai baba, sai buhari !

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Oludon20: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
Half bread is better than Chin chin.........Well done job to Mr President and his team.But i taya for Nigerians sha some people still no go happy for this move. Naija My Country,If Obama rule this country i sure say we go fall him hand.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Xisnin(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Buhari Approves, wake me when Buhari pays.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by eleojo23: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:

Z tongue
Just booking space. Izza normal something..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Alzirida(f): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
An achiver

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Butterflyleo: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
mayweather145:
Nobody....will appreciate the president about this good gesture of his now... Meanwhile who even owed them this money self .

The entire PDP government from 15 years ago owed them this salary o

PDP is a very useless party.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by GavelSlam: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
eleojo23:
One good thing about pre-election year is that the government begins to pay outstanding debts owed to citizens so that they can buy their favour and be voted back.

My people, make Una collect Una money and vote wetin dey Una mind next year. The money na una own from beginning. No be favour dem dey do Una o.

Yet for 16 years another group neglected these people.

May you work and never reap your benefits.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Metuh: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
Make dem pay first na a. grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of N22bn To Nigerian Airways Retirees by Olukat(m): 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
dotcomnamename:
Hahahahaha Wailers right now be like

sad You need to think before commenting!
How's people's gratuity a problem to anyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Starts Presidential Campaign With Facebook Address On Monday / 2019 Elections: Saraki, PDP Hire American Lobbyists For Favour From US Governmen / APC Organizing Secretary, Kawu Ibrahim Yakasai Kidnapped In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.