Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? (4587 Views)

A Beginner's Guide To Blogging In 2022 And Beyond / Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? / A First Hand Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
henrykene:

Google is still focusing on long resourceful posts sir
You are definitely not up to speed with latest Google's webmaster guidelines, and still stuck with the old school SEO writing, times have changed. cool
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by henrykene(m): 1:25am On Nov 05, 2018
questechie:

You are definitely not up to speed with latest Google's webmaster guidelines, and still stuck with the old school SEO writing, times have changed. cool

Even if time have changed. I don't write for Robots, i write for my blog visitors and there is no way i will make contents to be short because Google changed algorithm. A good SEO and blogger follows guideline - Yes, but also have it in mind that Google's aim is to serve visitors with the best contents. So with that in mind, show me where short contents are ranking sir.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 05, 2018
henrykene:

Even if time have changed. I don't write for Robots, i write for my blog visitors and there is no way i will make contents to be short because Google changed algorithm. A good SEO and blogger followers guideline yes, but also have it in mind that Google's aim is to serve visitors with the best contents. So with that in mind, show me where short contents are ranking sir.
Breaking news is quite diff from writing tutorials, and that's one of the reasons for the updated guideline.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by henrykene(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2018
questechie:

Breaking news is quite diff from writing tutorials, and that's one of the reasons for the updated guideline. Instance in search, Google the keyword "4chan twitter raid" and see my post of less than 500 words in top 10 results!

Sir with my over 8 years experience, i will tell you something you don't know. That this post is ranking doesn't mean Google's update wants only short contents.

And i was never talking about breaking news because every keyword in the niche goes with time frame, and are easy to rank a new blog in due to the disparity.

That you're ranking for very less competitive long-tail keyword doesn't mean anything. If am on the same niche market with you, i will simply write a very long resourceful post with the same keyword (about 2,000 words), then build good links around it. Then, you will see how google will throw your blog out of the first page you're celebrating.

What you will say is that, the latest rankbrain update brought about more sets of keywords (if you have noticed or been following the updates so far) that are easy to rank for now.

Taking this in mind, i will suggest you try to find more information to solidify your ranking or you will still loose where you are in a short while. Trust me sir.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2018
henrykene:

Sir with my over 8 years experience, i will tell you something you don't know. That this post is ranking doesn't mean Google's update wants only short contents.

And i was never talking about breaking news because every keyword in the niche goes with time frame, and are easy to rank a new blog in due to the disparity.

That you're ranking for very less competitive long-tail keyword doesn't mean anything. If am on the same niche market with you, i will simply write a very long resourceful post with the same keyword (about 2,000 words), then build good links around it. Then, you will see how google will throw your blog out of the first page you're celebrating.

What you will say is that, the latest rankbrain update brought about more sets of keywords (if you have noticed or been following the updates so far) that are easy to rank for now.

Taking this in mind, i will suggest you try to find more information to solidify your ranking or you will still loose where you are in a short while. Trust me sir.
And with my 10 years experience, I can tell you that bloggers in a bid to write up to 1,500 words article end up stuffing the content with irrelevant and regurgitated points, which is bad for user experience.
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by henrykene(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
questechie:

And with my 10 years experience, I can tell you that bloggers in a bid to write up to 1,500 words article end up stuffing the content with irrelevant and regurgitated points, which is bad for user experience.

Don't generalize it sir. It's not all bloggers that does that ok.

I think i am beginning to loose the aim of your argument anyways. What are you even trying to say?
Re: Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? by myseyf(m): 3:15am On Nov 06, 2018
To be successful with blogging you will need a long detailed post that explains everything about the topic. Neil Patel makes reference to that and also explains it here :
https://qobber.com/seo-tips-to-rank-1-on-google/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search / Get Any Theme/plugin From Themeforest & Codecanyon Of Your Choice For N5000 / Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.