Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ (29562 Views)

Annie Idibia Is A Snake - Lynda Clems (Photos) / Don Lulu @40 Celebrating A Living Legend In Philanthropy And Humanity / 2face Idibia Is Gay - Blackface In 'War', 2face Diss Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2018
Does 'Legend' derive new meaning among the mediocre ?

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by akinselurea: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2018
dammy13:
Popular Nigerian artiste Timaya says Innocent ‘2baba’ Idibia is the only one that can call himself a legend among the active artistes in the Nigerian music industry.

Timaya, real name Enitimi Alfred Odom, decried the situation where artistes start referring to themselves as legends after making music for a decade.

The Bam Bam crooner said this during a radio interview with SoundCity FM , stressing he wouldn’t even refer himself as a ‘legend’.

“In this part of the world, many artistes when they get to 10 years, they start shouting ‘I’m a legend’, ‘legendary’.

“To me, in this industry, the only person that can call himself a legend is 2face. The others shouldn’t. Even if people call me a legend, I don’t like to be seen like that.”

The 38-year-old dancehall star then argued that he is still the king of commercial music in the country.

“The crown never leaves. I am Timaya anytime any day, 13 years is not three years.

“People don’t understand that making a hit song doesn’t mean you are a star. Stars always shine, some people can make a hit song and you will never hear of them again. There’s no year I’ve never dropped a hit song.

“I don’t want to be number one. I just want to be a musician. A lot of people have come and gone but I’m still here.”

http://kikiotolu.com/2baba-is-the-only-legend-in-the-industry-timaya-declares/

How many talents has he raise/help to become a superstar?
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by MENTORCH(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2018
Escravos:
I think dbanj can also be called a legend

Yeah, the only problem is that he didn’t end well.
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Lovelife433(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2018
dammy13:
Popular Nigerian artiste Timaya says Innocent ‘2baba’ Idibia is the only one that can call himself a legend among the active artistes in the Nigerian music industry.

Timaya, real name Enitimi Alfred Odom, decried the situation where artistes start referring to themselves as legends after making music for a decade.

The Bam Bam crooner said this during a radio interview with SoundCity FM , stressing he wouldn’t even refer himself as a ‘legend’.

“In this part of the world, many artistes when they get to 10 years, they start shouting ‘I’m a legend’, ‘legendary’.

“To me, in this industry, the only person that can call himself a legend is 2face. The others shouldn’t. Even if people call me a legend, I don’t like to be seen like that.”

The 38-year-old dancehall star then argued that he is still the king of commercial music in the country.

“The crown never leaves. I am Timaya anytime any day, 13 years is not three years.

“People don’t understand that making a hit song doesn’t mean you are a star. Stars always shine, some people can make a hit song and you will never hear of them again. There’s no year I’ve never dropped a hit song.

“I don’t want to be number one. I just want to be a musician. A lot of people have come and gone but I’m still here.”

if 2face is a legend then terry G is also a legend
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 28, 2018
ritylove:
What happens to the likes of wizkid, ducan-mighty etc there are lots of legends out of nigeria in the music industry this post its crap.

Omo Kekewe!
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 28, 2018
Omololu001:
Dbanj and psquare are legends too

psquare. dbanj no!
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
ZeeBaba17:
very true indeed! I laugh when I hear some people referring to wizkid as legend even PSquare haven't attain legendary status yet

2002 till now is what? baby legend? their albums were hits back to back..

4 Likes

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by romenna: 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
If Paul of PSQUARE nor belittle himself b4 TIMAYA like he is doing today, Timaya wud av included PSQUARE in the legend category.
Break up or not, PSQUARE revived Naija music and took it to an enviable height with quality music videos and sound.

2 Likes

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Jgovt(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
2face is a legend but Oritshe Femi is also a legend, for almost of not for than 20years in the industry and still surviving... Femi is also a legend

4 Likes

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by peesleem(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
aonag:

psquare. dbanj no!
rude boy i know, mr p i know, who the hell is psquare
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by joenor(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
he has always been.
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by monte231(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
Maurz:
Using style to call yourself legend. 13 years is not 3 years abi...

Lol, Dont mind him, he thinks we don't get the subliminal message.

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Drabrah(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Well, it takes a lot of guts 4 an artist (esp an A-list artist) to admit dat openly.
Buh in all of it, na Annie gain pass. She no let d scandals stop her frm ensuring he does d needful as per family affair. Girls of nw a days need ask her d formula

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by kingvictor7: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
2Baba is indeed d only musician dat has attained legendary status in Nigeria....2baba is d only musician dat inspires, educates n entertains with his musical talents....

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by dangoteinlaw: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
By stealing other ppls work ABI? He's not even close, wizzy is the legend
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by LZAA: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
dammy13:

P square(even tho they ain't together), m.i abaga,wizkid,davido are on that legend level
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by christtar(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
Only in Afro hip hop. not generally
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by LZAA: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
MENTORCH:

Yeah, the only problem is that he didn’t end well.
M J didnt end well and was infact broke
Mohammed Ali was the same and was beaten silly in his last fight
Tyson the same
But u can't say those men aren't legends

2 Likes

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Yomit71(m): 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
Wiskid have done far above 2face, the only difference between them is that 2face started before Wiskid & its understandable, he is older than Wiskid

3 Likes

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by ebilomaofficial1: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
I nor know say na so Timaya mumu... What does he think the word Legend means

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by ImaIma1(f): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Sunny Ade is a legend

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by samwobi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Omololu001:
Dbanj and psquare are legends too
Which Dbanj Are U Talking About?
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by Henryjr(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
OsuMustGo:
Tuface is a coward

Timaya should shut up and continue with his smuggling and oil bunkering

Karma is loading...
I believe u just want to comment because people are commenting.
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by ebilomaofficial1: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
A Legend means A person of extraordinary accomplishments. Now how can you say someone like Wizkid is not fit to be called one. aside the fact that 2face has been in the industry for a very long time tell me what he has won that Wizkid hasn't, but I can tell you many feets Wizkid has reached that Tubaba can't think of reaching. Mobo international act Awards and global recognition. see let's keep sentiments aside for once

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by donsimoniiblog: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
JayCynic:
Tuface is in a level where Wizkid and Davido will never reach.

Ordinary dbanj has more awards than 2face. I am not taking anything from tuface... But he's overhyped... Who knows him apart from in naija

Yall be saying shits
Dbanj
Don jazzy
Kwam 1
Asa

1 Like

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by kendrick93(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
ZeeBaba17:
very true indeed! I laugh when I hear some people referring to wizkid as legend even PSquare haven't attain legendary status yet
psquare and dbanj are legends in every sense,metric...whatever.
anyone who disagrees isn't sane

3 Likes

Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by 9gerian: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
I'm curious.

What did tuface achieve that the duo of wizkid and davido could not attain, and vice versa?

Just wondering...

JayCynic:
Tuface is in a level where Wizkid and Davido will never reach.
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by akphrat(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
The only legend i know and will still remain @ancestor. I am 9ice
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by booblacain(m): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jgovt:
2face is a legend but Oritshe Femi is also a legend, for almost of not for than 20years in the industry and still surviving... Femi is also a legend

worthy mention
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by kennsville(m): 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Timaya just said it all. I totally agree with him.
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
Psquare, Asa

Then artist like kwam1 and co abi dem no part of music industry too?
Pikin Wey Dem Born 2009 Know 2face...

Who/what Is Kwam1
Re: Timaya: ‘2face Idibia Is The Only Legend In The Industry’ by mekleelex200(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
aonag:

2002 till now is what? baby legend? their albums were hits back to back..
SMH this generation makes my cry literally when I see there comparison, yes Wizkid is trying but don't put him in the same sentence with an OG 2baba not to talk about call him a legend. Wizkid is been recognized globally because of hype of social media (which is a phase 2baba has passed but not more), apart from Wizzy Starboy album which album can u compare with face2face, grass2grace and Unstoppable from 2baba, sounds u can play every track without skipping any track and having a level of nostalgia. Is just like saying Drake is a legend in the same match with Nas because the formal is more commercial than the later.
N.B: I respect Wizy but I have not seen any notable sound that he released lately that stand a taste of time except Ojuelegba. Don't forget Dbanj has been in that position is just a cycle so make una no raise too much dust. capish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pamilerin To Drag Peruzzi To Court Despite Apology / Johnny Drille: Project Fame Top 10 To 10 Million Streams With Mavin Records / Iyabo Ojo: Throwback Photo & Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.