Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (47499 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

So because U pay tax U become stingy, well look at Nigerians who do not pay taxes, they are worse than STINGY! which do you chose?
bro answer this question, is it advisable for a graduate earning 25k per month as teacher to go and hustle in UK with visiting visa or he should stay back with the teaching job?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by kozmicity: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.

My brother, the devil is on know is better than the angel you don't know... A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2018
Gkemz:

One problem with you people is that you don't read through the lines before misquoting someone probably because your understanding is too shallow. I pin pointed so many factors that make living in UK difficult. These factors tend to make one overprudent in spending.
Lubish, its the mindset of the likes of you who think self entitlement is their birth right that has Nigeria in the mess it is today, U want good facilitied but you do nt want to pay for it. You see a society that works you paint it as over taxed o ne and when even asked what taxes you go mute!

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by spiritedtete: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2018
His village people are in his thoughts lol....

London and 80k when some people drop 1 million naira job to have a better life abroad.. Except you have no prospect..

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by omohayek: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

bross I know all there is to know in the Uk, I have lived here 18 years, I have worked in the private sector and public sector, SO when I am talking Im talking from vast knowledge and expirience.The watch word is Plan well, have an Entry strategy and exit strategy, dont get carried away by shiny things then u r good to go.\\this society works, and with every working society people thrive and progresss if U r ready to get down and dirty!
Sometimes most of you just come on her and talk about what u know next to nothing about,
for example
Insurance. What has that got to do with a person who just migrated to the Uk? waht is he Insuring?
Utility Bills £200? where did U get that figure from plz? there are rooms going in SE London for £450 all bills inclussive even Internet.
Transport, £110 will get you amonthly pass from zone 1 to 3 for those taking the underground, but the Buses are way cheaper, now people ride bike to work or simply live near work .
when we say earn 2k it was after tax not B4 tax hence I said a person earning 2K means 30£k plus per year
Still on tax, It is a personal matter, we all have tax code, your circumstances determins your tax code, so its not a blanket %
You are talking about Council Tax, let me Educate you.You only Pay council tax when you rent a whole House or Flat, When you rent a Room you do not pay council Tax in lump sum, it is inclussive in ur rent.as we speak there are self contains going for £600 in SE18 and SE28 all Bils inclussive ,water,gas,electric,Council tax,TV licence and Internet.
you got any more explanations you want cleared
Where exactly in SE London can one find these "£450/month all-inclusive" rooms you mention? And what kind of work would this wannabe "hustler" be doing in London for his or her workplace to be close to such a cheap room? And since when has earning £2,000 a month translated into £30,000 a year? Are you using some other sort of arithmetic than the one I'm familiar with, according to which the right figure should be £24,000?

Stop peddling lies and impossible dreams to the OP: London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, where even natural-born British citizens with decent jobs as policemen and teachers have real difficulty getting by, even when they've moved to the far outskirts of the city. Sums like £120 a day or £2,000 a month can seem like a lot to a Nigerian who is only thinking in terms of raw exchange rates, but once the cost of living in London is factored in, they turn out to be peanuts, not enough to sustain anything more than a barebones existence. For an unskilled wannabe illegal immigrant like the OP - with all the talk of "hustling" - even such low sums will be out of reach, and in the meantime there will be the constant strain from having to dodge authorities on the watch for, while working the sh*ttiest, low-prestige jobs where one's self-esteem will take a daily sustained battering. The notion that London is any sort of El-Dorado for someone who doesn't have in-demand skills is pure delusion.

To the OP, I'll say this much: if you aren't a qualified nurse or doctor, don't have strong programming skills, and aren't an engineer or accountant with years of experience at international firms like Shell and PWC, don't bother setting out for London, as all you are likely to find - if you ever even make it into the country in the first place - is suffering, humiliation and constant fear, living life at the very bottom rung of society. There are many "hustlers" in the UK who would love to return to what they had in Nigeria, but are unable to do so out of fear of losing face to all the people back home they've been feeding false tales of prosperity over the years.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2018
spiritedtete:
His village people are in his thoughts lol....

London and 80k when some people drop 1 million naira job to have a better life abroad.. Except you have no prospect..
Thank you, sometimes not even for yourself for teh sake of ur Unborn kids,
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by nairalandchris: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2018
cheesy
erico2k2:

Well said,What I take from ur post is that there is Equall opportunity for everybody to Blow
2nd U 4got to add, Ur kids will never ever Know about the suffering in Nigeria yet they might come be the minister of Finance one day but with NYSC Exemption certificate ahahaha
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by wickyyolo: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

I assume this is you stylishly enquiring about way to go if U ever find urself in london.
OK Now that you asked, I will assume OP has a genuine reason and way(legit) to enter the UK
If thats the case there are entry Jobs for Despirate people, lets assume his spouse is the one asking him to come to the Uk after wedding and he gets the VISA

Depends on waht you read in 9ja you can top up, but if you ended in econdary school
lets start from the worse JOBS
You can
Go and Join Viola
Do Security
Work in construction
Get a licence and Drive
Work as a civil Enforcement Officer
Work asFactory worker
Do a short 2 weeks course o n Care work and start from there.
or if U r young join the apprentorship wargoon.
These all do not need qualification, you can do them for 6 months and gather urself and upgrade
However if U r a professional then you can go into ur chosen field.
If \u know U know

Thanks for the advice.

But I'm a programmer, also a shareholder in an IT company worth $4Million in 9ja.

I'm kind of comfortable where I am.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by spiritedtete: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2018
Pasca07:
bro answer this question, is it advisable for a graduate earning 25k per month as teacher to go and hustle in UK with visiting visa or he should stay back with the teaching job?

95 percent of people who travel and reside abroad today...

Travel with visiting/tourist visa.

Now the issue is how helpful is your host.. If your host love you to want a better life for you... He will always find a way for you to stay back and make sure you have Resident papers in due time too..

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by spiritedtete: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Thank you, sometimes not even for yourself for teh sake of ur Unborn kids,

Yes oo for the kids ooo.... So that they won't grow up in a messed up environment like we did..
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Hoodbilonia: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2018
my subcription money for 2months
plus fuel
food
s.k
dstv
and some punk ass biches
ma guy rest for here
if u go uk and u nor join street provide acct for boys
nepa must bring light permanent for naija
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Agugbadin: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=rman post=71621751]You better stay back. There are several Nigerian hustlers in London that will gladly come back to take that 80k job.

Unless you have some very special skills in some certain fields which you feel pays well over there.

There is always room for growth here.

Nice one, please look before you leap.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:26am On Sep 29, 2018
omohayek:

Where exactly in SE London can one find these "£450/month all-inclusive" rooms you mention? And what kind of work would this wannabe "hustler" be doing in London for his or her workplace to be close to such a cheap room? And since when has earning £2,000 a month translated into £30,000 a year? Are you using some other sort of arithmetic than the one I'm familiar with, according to which the right figure should be £24,000?

Stop peddling lies and impossible dreams to the OP: London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, where even natural-born British citizens with decent jobs as policemen and teachers have real difficulty getting by, even when they've moved to the far outskirts of the city. Sums like £120 a day or £2,000 a month can seem like a lot to a Nigerian who is only thinking in terms of raw exchange rates, but once the cost of living in London is factored in, they turn out to be peanuts, not enough to sustain anything more than a barebones existence. For an unskilled wannabe illegal immigrant like the OP - with all the talk of "hustling" - even such low sums will be out of reach, and in the meantime there will be the constant strain from having to dodge authorities on the watch for, while working the sh*ttiest, low-prestige jobs where one's self-esteem will take a daily sustained battering. The notion that London is any sort of El-Dorado for someone who doesn't have in-demand skills is pure delusion.

To the OP, I'll say this much: if you aren't a qualified nurse or doctor, don't have strong programming skills, and aren't an engineer or accountant with years of experience at international firms like Shell and PWC, don't bother setting out for London, as all you are likely to find - if you ever even make it into the country in the first place - is suffering, humiliation and constant fear, living life at the very bottom rung of society. There are many "hustlers" in the UK who would love to return to what they had in Nigeria, but are unable to do so out of fear of losing face to all the people back home they've been feeding false tales of prosperity over the years.
You are ignorant let me lecture you a bit here regards ROOMS
here @470 all Inclussive
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/48224578?search_identifier=79a535879112d040dd27dabe89cbf054

@ £385 all Bills Inclussive
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/49087044?search_identifier=383afaf24df53e10ab50798459424bd3

@ £400 all Bills Inclussive
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/49063843?search_identifier=383afaf24df53e10ab50798459424bd3

@£480 all Bills
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/49053836?search_identifier=383afaf24df53e10ab50798459424bd3
Dont you now look Ignorant
If U know U know

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Badonasty(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.

Abeg gimme your London visa
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2018
omohayek:

If U do nt understand ask questions, People who live and work in the UK will Understand waht I mean by 2k means 30k, your yearly tax for you to have a take home of 2k must be close 6k plus, then add NI contribution plus Pension, your deduction must have clocked 7k plus, now do the matsh Plz 2k monthly take home must mean 24K take home in a year. your tax at that must be 6k plus add to 24k is that not more than 30k?? This was why I said a person with a 2k take home is an Average earner and a middle class.

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

80,000 Naira is not up to 200 Pounds.

what are you waiting for?

jump into British Airways ASAP

or stay back and earn less than 1 million per year.

living in London is hassle but not too hard.
Make God wey bless Abraham bless you. Like seriously i like reasonable people who talk a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by manikspears: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2018
Bros na naija o, dreams die here.even that your 80k job no sure.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2018
Depreacherman:
Broh what's 80k job when you have the opportunity to leave Africa. is better to work in restaurant in a country that has a good system. You will even live longer, than working in a bank in a country where the whole system is in shamble.

Make God bless you. You have shown that u have sense and u no go poor.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by integrity16(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2018
That lump sum you have put together to travel to London, while not use it to start a side business along side your 80k job.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2018
If you have the means pls go and experience what life is offering there

By the time you stay up to 2yrs, you will understand the difference and make your choice where to settle down

Either there or naija

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by jibs4lv(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2018
I 'll just pray that this op should not make a grave mistake of his life.

All we hear about abroad is not actually the way it looks like , a coin in pocket is far better that a million on imagination o my brother .

If you have it all planned over there both job and accommodation , good for you but;

Cost of leaving also needs to put in consideration as well . I always pray to God that I only wants to go abroad for vacation not to hustle.

Some people talk down of this country on social media, make it looks like it worse but trust me , your 80k salary can actually take you far with some positive plans on it , reduce your spending and save for more dyfasification.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2018
rman:
You better stay back. There are several Nigerian hustlers in London that will gladly come back to take that 80k job.

Unless you have some very special skills in some certain fields which you feel pays well over there.

There is always room for growth here.

Bro are u in London ?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2018
BestDude:
rather start thinking like a business man and earn super more than 80k here in Nigeria.
I hope u are earning more than 50k a month
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by DKM123: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Monthly bro,

3.6million yearly for a one room apartment. Na wa.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2018
Even people wey never go london go Still talk.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2018
DKM123:

3.6million yearly for a one room apartment. Na wa.
U nor see the minimum wage?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:49am On Sep 29, 2018
Pasca07:
ahahahaha U serious grin grin grin
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

ahahahaha U serious grin grin grin
grin ;Dabeg answer me na I am serious
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You must be the stupid one ...
ahahahaah
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by asuzor11(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

80,000 Naira is not up to 200 Pounds.

what are you waiting for?

jump into British Airways ASAP

or stay back and earn less than 1 million per year.

living in London is hassle but not too hard.
Are you living in London? London is hell. even postgraduate fees are astronomous compared to us and Canada.. I have an aunt there and she is in hell state.. op should stay put and grow his income in Nigeria biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Edo State Civil Service Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.