Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim (6829 Views)

2019: "I Won't Fight Selective Corruption" - Saraki Promises Nigerians / 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke / 2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2018
2019: I’m Still In The Presidential Race – Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim

…As ANN NEC Postpones Primaries To Oct 3, Declares Today’s Primaries Null And Void

A frontline Presidential aspirant on the platform of Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, said he has not pulled from the presidential race.

Olawepo-Hashim, who said this at a press conference in Abuja on Saturday, added that “I and my leaders would not abandon the structure of the party for the disparate elements working for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

“I am in the race. I have only pulled out of the hurried convention of the ANN fixed for today, Saturday, purportedly to elect the presidential candidate. I am still in the race for 2019 by the special grace of God.

“We have about 19 states who are not part of the kangaroo convention. ANN intends to have a clean primary on Wednesday.”

He opined that “APC has no commitment to the values of Democracy. We will not yield ANN to the forces of dictatorship and oppression who wants to cling to power by all means and at all cost.

The members at a press conference in Abuja on Saturday emphasised that the guidelines for the National Convention of the party must first be ratified by the NEC before the convention could hold.

Consequent upon this, the NEC members postponed the Presidential primaries of the party to Wednesday next week (October 3rd).

They, however, added that a meeting of NEC to ratify the guidelines would hold Saturday night.

A factional National chairman of the party, Dania Emmanuel had earlier fixed a convention for Saturday (today) in Abuja, an arrangement which the NEC members said was against the party’s constitution.

Recall that Olawepo-Hashim had earlier told the party leadership in a letter that he would not participate in the party’s Presidential primary election, scheduled to hold today, September 29, until the constitution of the party is respected and all the defects are rectified.

The Deputy National Chairman of the party, Isa Tijani, in his remarks, said “We are here to make Democracy work, and also to strengthen it. It is not about individuality but collectivism. We are fostering the requirement of the party’s c, the constitution as Democrats.”

Tijani noted that 19 out of the 27 states where the party is constituted were present at the press conference, adding they “if anything is happening elsewhere, it is null and void. Nobody can blackmail us. This is a party of difference. We mean what we say and say what we mean.

Kogi State Chairman, Hon Apeh Sunday, who spoke on behalf of the nineteen state Chairmen and the NEC members, said: “We the chairmen believe in following the constitution of the party. Because the guidelines for the convention were yet to be ratified, while logistics issues were also not sorted out we have resolved to hold an NEC meeting late this evening to ratify the guideline and also fix the convention for Wednesday, October 3.”

Some of the issues said to have necessitated the postponement of the Presidential Primaries include the adoption of a credible list of delegates to be authenticated by chairmen and secretaries of each state, and the decision on the states who have held congresses and who are still omitted in the list of delegates, such as Kano, Katsina among others.

The others are a decision on the status of women and youths of states who were excluded in the delegates’ lists, and the decision of the states that have not yet conducted their congresses, but are legally constituted, such as Abia, Adamawa and Gombe, among other.

http://reportersatlarge.com/2018/09/29/2019-im-still-in-the-presidential-race-gbenga-olawepo-hashim/
Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
You are welcome back Mr Gbenga,

But,

Sai Baba we know

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by kitken: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
grin
Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by diego101(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
lol
Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by MrGreenMavro: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
Who are this ones
Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by springtech(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
OK. Next news.

Get back to us when you are done with your behind the scene negotiations.

We all know your eye is not really on the presidency but some sort of deals and contracts.

Nigeria I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by atinicrown(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
Keep wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by gmercy713: 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2018
Can't believe you guys keep deceiving yourselves with the main of been third force in 2019 election.

In a much as I would like youths to take charge of the affairs of this country,I would prefer the likes of Sowore,Fela Durotoye,Hashim and other presidential aspirants to get the National Assembly or House of Representative in 2019 from there we can get to know if truly they're ready to rule indeed.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by calmbabadee(m): 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
ordinary convention for a new party, u people cant get right. but you claim you can fix Nigeria's problem overnight.

2 Likes

Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by Kaycee9242(m): 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2018
Who be dis one again, it seems I will go and pick form also. Nonsense
Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by koolbe(m): 6:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Hashim be playing d script written by his pay masters

Ever since Fela emerged PACT consensus candidate, they have been after him.

2 Likes

Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by xmanco42: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
The man is so irrelevant that he has to remind people his still contesting
Re: 2019:I Am Still In The Presidential Race - Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2018
koolbe:
Hashim be playing d script written by his pay masters

Ever since Fela emerged PACT consensus candidate, they have been after him.

Please, who is Fela?

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Nigeria's Image Problem Caused By Media / Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe / When Lagos Big Boy, Folly Coker Was Heavily Disgraced |myemag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.