Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (33601 Views)

ASUU Rejects Curriculum Designed By NUC / ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by dammyzee1(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2018
How will i pay 500k and still go on some kind of useless strike, when dats d same amount some private university collect. Smh
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
aint u the one advocating for high tution fees? so give me the money and dem tell u say scholarships dy grow for tree?

Nawa for Nigerians
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by MarcC: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Why is it that we complain a lot over trivial issuea.

Oh, because u can afford it therefore its trivial? ...wawu !
Why do u careless about people so much?
U see a move that could jeopardize the future of many poor people, u call it "trivial" ? Baba, where is ur love na?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Klington: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2018
[s][quote author=Juliusmalema post=71649640]I think ASUU is wrong

Am with govt in this.[/quote[/s]
From your sentence, it's obvious you were forced to go to school without paying a dime..

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by IbrahimDamola: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2018
tolguy:
hhhhhh and drug pushers too
But 'drug pushers' dey get money well well. Bishop of ozubulu pikin dem dey abroad dey jollificate while ya hungry papa dey sell human parts for N1500 for jankara market. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by whizcartel(m): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2018
The plan is complete enslavement of the poor by the rich elites as a means to retain political power for a long time.

They know that since one of the greatest challenges of the country is poverty and illiteracy.

And a vast majority of the people that constitutes the electorate live in abject poverty and a greater number being illiterate.

So. the plan here is to bury the country deep in illiteracy and poverty. Because if a man being to poor to send his children to school is pushed to the edge, will sell his vote to a yahoo of a politician who is giving false hopes. he will go with him because he doesn't know better.

God help our country.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by darlenese(f): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2018
500k.
fees

minimum

wage

God

punish

Bugatti
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by famiebee(f): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2018
This is just pure wickedness
Even the current fee is still so hard for some of us to pay
Proposed 500k with no hope of securing good job after school
This country is a joke
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 30, 2018
Klington:
[s]

My parents gave birth to me bearing in mind that they will train me.

If u know u will bring a child into this world to suffer him/her or deprive him good education, then abort. That child.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Shugavee(f): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

U can't tell that if u have three children, u can't train dem to any level.
expain how ,, I said it’s good enough, most of us schooled n graduated from those universities, n some of us hv jobs n r doing well,, so brother how isn’t it good enough?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Icebreeze(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2018
This people aren't serious at all, i believe that they don't have idea on the number of students that are sponsoring theirselves in school and at the same time trying to make both ends meet.
I don't blame shall, i sha blame majority of we "Nigerians" that vote them into the system, forgetting the fact it is the same average Nigerians that scarifice their time to make them be in that position.
What a world.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Shugavee(f): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

explain how ,, I said it’s good enough, most of us schooled n graduated from those universities, n some of us hv jobs n r doing well,, so brother how isn’t it good enough?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
Na poverty striken abooki and yoruba muslims go suffer am pass.

hate speech from a pained Biafra
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by gurunlocker: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria students should pay 500k for this Archaic syllabus and method of teaching? Where lecturers will be telling you you won't graduate?

An average parents earn 50k and struggles to pay even 100-120k public school fees. If you can increase the minimum wage to 150k and pay as at when due, then we can talk.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Klington: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2018
that's one of buhari's evil agenda, to make education inaccessible and Nigeria educationally bankrupt.

Do i even blame him ,hell no. You can't give what you don't have.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2018
MarcC:

Oh, because u can afford it therefore its trivial? ...wawu !
Why do u careless about people so much?
U see a move that could jeopardize the future of many poor people, u call it "trivial" ? Baba, where is ur love na?

U really complicating issues.

Tell me how much should be paid for tuition fee.?

Is not lost on me that education is not meant for everybody.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by IbrahimDamola: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2018
symbolofhope:

hate speech from a pained Biafra

1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by AlphaStyles(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

by paying 500k per child with salary of 60k abi weldone
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by manci(m): 7:51am On Sep 30, 2018
Make them increase it to 1billion poor man pikin the go school before?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
by paying 500k per child with salary of 60k abi weldone

60k is ur monthly salary I guess?

For a year is 720k
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by MarcC: 7:56am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

U really complicating issues.

Tell me how much should be paid for tuition fee.?

Is not lost on me that education is not meant for everybody.

There should be a reduction sef .. This country has no value for education.. Why should a large chunk of d national cake satisfy senators and govt official at top level? Why can't there be a slash? We keep hearing billions being spent for stupid things, elections, unremitted monies, why should education sector be made to pay? Baba, they have no reason to increase it,if they can't, they should let it remain as it is and not add to the woes of the masses that ain't rich
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Since most of us spend even more than this to study abroad, why can't we do it here and lift the face this our dead educational system.

Anyway govt can review it down for 250k for arts and 350k for sciences.

Not 'most' but very few.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Klington: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2018
[s]
Juliusmalema:

My parents gave birth to me bearing in mind that they will train me.

If u know u will bring a child into this world to suffer him/her or deprive him good education, then abort. That child.
[/s]
Your brain is filled with sawdust .
Lemme recommend one very important medicine that will help you, it's called sense....lyn
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by afroxyz: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2018
How many times would this topic get moved to the front page?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by cooljude(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Since most of us spend even more than this to study abroad, why can't we do it here and lift the face this our dead educational system.

Anyway govt can review it down for 250k for arts and 350k for sciences.

How many percentage of Nigerians study abroad. Most can't even afford the cheap school fees in Nigeria. Why do you think their is a spike in call girls and internet fraudsters in schools. They want to copy the USA but they forgot that both economies aren't same and young Americans are still heavily in-depth because of their student loan.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2018
My God will continue to punish whoever brought up this idea.
#500k school fees when minimum wages is still #18k.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Hafeexla(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2018
x3reme07:
What do you expect? With over 2m users. The owner feels there's no need to keep sanity on the site again.

The original purpose for which it was created has been defeated
Buh maybe he never envision the world is changing, in the next view year' a new platform will be created devoid of insanity.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by weyreypey: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...Buhari...
buhari.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Icebreeze(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2018
Belonga:
500k is more than enough to study here
It seems you don't it at all. Moreover that's a well garnished country i hate to compare sha. But our government are too cruel & greedy if not my country will be far more better than how it is now.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by weyreypey: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2018
Navalsadiq:
Its seems BUHARI wants to go back to daura.what rubbish.Nigerian parents have not finished paying the one on ground and they are proposing a wooping 500k
buhari is going nowhere. Sadly. But I am also happy.... reason... Nigerians deserve him.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by JohnsonEmma(m): 8:06am On Sep 30, 2018
God punishment on anyone that supports this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNICAL's VC Reacts To Death Of Her Student Denied Medical Care Over N200 (Pix) / Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? / Student Mocks ASUU, Signs Out With Shirt Marked "ASUU LOL"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.