Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,148 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage (1991 Views)

Does Money Heal Or Further Destroy An Already Failing Marriage? / Lady Sues Boyfriend For Failing To Marry Her After ‘Wasting Her Time’ For 8 Yrs / My Grandma, Fiancée, And I In A Pre Wedding Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Ladybird1986: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
I need help.. I have been married to an igbo man for over 6 years we have three children. I love my husband but i have struggled with him since day one, i helped him gain citizenshiip, i went to Nigeria to marry him so he could come to the UK, the wedding was only his family and it basically the worst wedding. My family didn't approve for me to marry an illegal. Then when we came to the UK, he became a student put us in debt with his fees then didn't do anything with his career then i had baby number one. Then he started helping his family back home whilst we had our own debt which increased our debt. I give his parents money monthly but he always trys to send for siblings as he says its his duty to help one of them. But to help them when we are in debt? With children. We even moved in with my parents because of debt as we couldn't pay our bills. So my mum got inheritance she gave me over ten thousand pounds to pay all my debts off. Then right after he started saying he wants to give help to his brother to bring him here or give him money for business. I can handle this. I want to go on family holidays as iv never been. I want to renew vows have a proper wedding, i want to live life without struggle for once n actually save for our children but he doesn't understand. Am i being unreasonable and not understanding? We argue everyday and children listen and are being affected. Im so unhappy. Im starting to resent him
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Airforce01(m): 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
And you had to create a new moniker today just to stylishly tell us you've found a new man and needs our approval to ditch your husband

Continue
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
hmmmmmmm
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by youngest85(m): 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ehya sorry

Come to daddy
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
I need help.. I have been married to an igbo man for over 6 years we have three children. I love my husband but i have struggled with him since day one, i helped him gain citizenshiip, i went to Nigeria to marry him so he could come to the UK, the wedding was only his family and it basically the worst wedding. My family didn't approve for me to marry an illegal. Then when we came to the UK, he became a student put us in debt with his fees then didn't do anything with his career then i had baby number one. Then he started helping his family back home whilst we had our own debt which increased our debt. I give his parents money monthly but he always trys to send for siblings as he says its his duty to help one of them. But to help them when we are in debt? With children. We even moved in with my parents because of debt as we couldn't pay our bills. So my mum got inheritance she gave me over ten thousand pounds to pay all my debts off. Then right after he started saying he wants to give help to his brother to bring him here or give him money for business. I c
an handle this. I want to go on family holidays as iv never been. I want to renew vows have a proper wedding, i want to live life without struggle for once n actually save for our children but he doesn't understand. Am i being unreasonable and not understanding? We argue everyday and children listen and are being affected. Im so unhappy. Im starting to resent him
hmmmmm
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Rigel95(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
k will be back later
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
you married a man??
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by GossipGirl1(f): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
Please type in English..thanks

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Righteousness89(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
You Both Really need help...

You both should seek Genuine Godly Counselling from A GENUIE Pastor or Born again Counsellor

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
Save for your children. Secure their future and yours!

If he cares so much, let him make his own money and send it to 'whoever' he pleases. I can't believe you fell for such a man that's nothing but a liability in the first place.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by thorpido(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
I'll be honest with you,you've got tough one.
You should have asked questions before deciding to settle for the guy you did with.

Most immigrants,especially the one without papers will struggle initially to find their feet.If he happens not to have a certificate or skills that can boost his career/income,then it's a long walk of debt.
Most Africans have dependants they send money to back home.The Igbo culture is deep in that and you most times have to set up brothers or sisters.

Sorry sis,not much will change except your hubby gets a big break like a lottery or something.
You will have to keep up with it except you decide to leave.

my family didn't approve for me to marry an illegal.
You should have listened to your family.They have your interest at heart(at least most times).

You were struggling with debt when you had baby no 1.....and then in debt you went on to have two and then three?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by dingbang(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
I recommend you watch acrimony twice daily, once in the morning and once in the night before going to bed.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by DaddyNimo(m): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
I need help.. I have been married to an igbo man for over 6 years we have three children. I love my husband but i have struggled with him since day one, i helped him gain citizenshiip, i went to Nigeria to marry him so he could come to the UK, the wedding was only his family and it basically the worst wedding. My family didn't approve for me to marry an illegal. Then when we came to the UK, he became a student put us in debt with his fees then didn't do anything with his career then i had baby number one. Then he started helping his family back home whilst we had our own debt which increased our debt. I give his parents money monthly but he always trys to send for siblings as he says its his duty to help one of them. But to help them when we are in debt? With children. We even moved in with my parents because of debt as we couldn't pay our bills. So my mum got inheritance she gave me over ten thousand pounds to pay all my debts off. Then right after he started saying he wants to give help to his brother to bring him here or give him money for business. I can handle this. I want to go on family holidays as iv never been. I want to renew vows have a proper wedding, i want to live life without struggle for once n actually save for our children but he doesn't understand. Am i being unreasonable and not understanding? We argue everyday and children listen and are being affected. Im so unhappy. Im starting to resent him
you had to marry an idiot...goodluck with that one sis.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by MJBOLT: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
divorce him ASAP
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by MJBOLT: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
dont waste your time watching that crap movie

dingbang:
I recommend you watch acrimony twice daily, once in the morning and once in the night before going to bed.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Divorce him and move on. People shud use their heads before marrying. Many are being used

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by lordlugards: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
You don't sound foreign to me with the way u type.

Fake story
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
wrong section. If this story is true then kindly recreate same or urge any of the mods to help you move this very one to the Family section. There you'd get the right answer. There are too many teens here. They'd only worsen your state of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Headlesschicken(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
undecided Some men Sha,it's yuh money anyways use it as it pleases you n yuh soul... Sounds as if yuh husband is from imo state... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
what kind of man did you marry? the solution would be to ask him to work if he isn't already...he and his family see you as a meal ticket out of poverty...I can think of any way to make him see reason other than to cut off all aid till he starts bringing something in...but again this will pitch his family against you and if he's as bad as I think it will affect your marriage with him...

just get someone who he might listen to to talk sense into his head..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by mezarddinny: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
carry your cross sis

you have made the biggest mistake of your life by marrying an ipobian terrorist, why didn't you read about them in the first place?
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Ladybird1986: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
Thank you.
I agree with you. He needs to save his own money by working extra hours and yes I should of not had more children with him.
I just thought that he would concentrate on his children and his wife before thinking of helping siblings in Nigeria. I never imagined we would come last.
He will try and make me feel bad by saying they don't have much in Nigeria and its harder for them. We should sacrifice for them. I just want life and to go out with money in my pocket whilst enjoying my children on their outings but he'll say I'm selfish.
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Dnockeror333(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
[quote author=Ladybird1986 post=71657256]I need help.. I have been married to an igbo man for over 6 years we have three children. I love my husband but i have struggled with him since day one, i helped him gain citizenshiip, i went to Nigeria to marry him so he could come to the UK, the wedding was ... My family didn't approve for me to marry an illegal. Then when we came to the UK, he became a student put us in debt with his fees then didn't do anything with his career then i had baby number one. Then he started helping his family back home whilst we had our own debt which increased our debt. I give his parents money monthly but he always trys to send for siblings as he says its his duty to he...

With all this said, sister, yo've wasted our money on a gold digger!

Coming out of colours, and speaking to you out of love, he will do nothing good to you.

Now this is what you have to do if you fear God:- THE DID IS DONE! Pray for him until he change! Adultery is out of the word! I never advice yoy for it!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Dnockeror333(m): 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
mezarddinny:
carry your cross sis

you have made the biggest mistake of your life by marrying an ipobian terrorist, why didn't you read about them in the first place?

Wo ori e (Yoruba)!

Kai, shagana ka yi na (Hausa)?

Can you ever be tribally right for once?

Any story about Igbo is Ipob madness! Why do you hate them?
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Dnockeror333(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
Thank you.
I agree with you. He needs to save his own money by working extra hours and yes I should of not had more children with him.
I just thought that he would concentrate on his children and his wife before thinking of helping siblings in Nigeria. I never imagined we would come last.
He will try and make me feel bad by saying they don't have much in Nigeria and its harder for them. We should sacrifice for them. I just want life and to go out with money in my pocket whilst enjoying my children on their outings but he'll say I'm selfish.

HE IS A GOLD DIGGER! A cheat and a sow...! Without tribal surport nor race combing, let me tell you the truth with love, I WONT ALLOW YOU TO DIE WITHOUT HELP because I read about yours and cried!

Nice sunrise.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Raalsalghul: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ladybird1986:
If your story is true, you are being very reasonable. cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by frozen70(f): 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
It's time you start planning for the worst to come

The earlier you focus on those children and their welfare the better for you

Don't rely on him for any cooperation

His mates are struggling to keep their families he is struggling to keep his siblings

Forget about him and plan incase it turns out bad, don't expect people to determine your happiness, take charge and face your family

Wost case it will lead to divorce, be strong you aren't the first and won't be the last

Make those children your priorities, you know how you suffered to birth them

Leave him his time is going until he will be deported

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by TheKingIsHere: 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
lordlugards:
You don't sound foreign to me with the way u type.

Fake story

I how you know most Nigerians can write better English than even some Brits?
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by mezarddinny: 1:36am On Oct 01, 2018
Dnockeror333:

Wo ori e (Yoruba)!

Kai, shagana ka yi na (Hausa)?

Can you ever be tribally right for once?

Any story about Igbo is Ipob madness! Why do you hate them?
problem tie niyen

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by greenmonk: 2:51am On Oct 01, 2018
Ladybird1986:
Thank you.
He is a lier too. Nigerians, especially the Ibos are hard working. Anybody who wants to make it in life will always come tops. Most who left our shores are those who think they can make it without hard work and he really is making it through you in his selfishness. A father who cannot take care of his immediate family is not worth his salt in iboland. He is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2018
Booking space
Re: Igbo Marriage.. Am I In A Failing Marriage by Fourwinds: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2018
Airforce01:
And you had to create a new moniker today just to stylishly tell us you've found a new man and needs our approval to ditch your husband

Continue

Just read your nonsense....

What u should have said is to hear from the other side of the story....

(1) (2) (Reply)

[romance] Meet The Right Partner With Abularlove / Why Do People Look At Tomboys As Normal And Girly Boys With Disgust / I Love Him So Much But I Want To Leave Him Because He Won’t Stop Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.