Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (125680 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
error4040:

well with the current situation down here even if na me I fit do like 15years no look even my Passport talkless of to even reach out carry Am. anyway me I de try Raise that 4M see before Jan next year.
[b] NB: i wanted to say this Earlier, We have lotta threads on NL like this But mostly after some time the OP do Abandoned them, hopefully i pray yours won't end up that Way.

Trust me, you gonna need you Naija passport for important verifications in Finland, or maybe, anywhere in the Western World...Could be like getting some online orders verífied from the supermarkets or bank account issues or driving license matters or then Migri or police issues....It is unavoidable. As for abandoning it, I usually attend to this at weekends like this more, compared to any other time cos of my tight schedules...So I will rather do this at my spare time, but the goal is for more Finland based lads to share things with us here, as well as helping others who intend to migrate from Naija

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tiptoe1: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Hey...I began from YouTube, someone here mentioned Coursera, mine was Udemy....We have alot of them which have their caprices too, also edX is good

Alright Boss. Thank alot for this info

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by error4040: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Trust me, you gonna need you Naija passport for important verifications in Finland, or maybe, anywhere in the Western World...Could be like getting some online orders verífied from the supermarkets or bank account issues or driving license matters or then Migri or police issues....It is unavoidable. As for abandoning it, I usually attend to this at weekends like this more, compared to any other time cos of my tight schedules...So I will rather do this at my spare time, but the goal is for more Finland based lads to share things with us here, as well as helping others who intend to migrate from Naija
Noted.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ocon: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Seems I studied the wrong course in UG. Cos all I'm seeing everywhere is IT
Any hope for an Agriculture graduate to make it to Finland for Masters

Or if possible come over there for another degree
Ibrahimovic303
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tiptoe1: 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

That year, as a Festac boy, I dey buy all those sharp shoes for shorts in bulk, then enter night bus go sell am for Abuja, Minna and KD...I make bar cos I dey buy each for 700, then sell for 3k, 4k...Also I win bar for bet9ja come buy corolla wey I use for Uber for gidi...Na sweet hustle be that,....If you fit you fit source for motor if you nor get, enter transport business anyhow, even if na hire purchase...THE TRICK WITH THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN MAN IS TO LICK HIS ASS TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. Trust me, try network well with all these so called money bags, them go position you wella...especially if you sabi hack them

You be real hustler bro( minus that bet9ja part, that thing has done more harm than good, but I guess you were lucky) and it paid at the end. Salute! You be Zlatan true true

But bro, what's Finland denial rate like if one is going as a student, I'm asking this cause after spending over a 700k applying to USA as a student, I still got denied. So I also want to be sure if Finland student visa sure if you meet all the requirements or they also deny ppl alot based on hometies even after meeting all their requirements

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tiptoe1: 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ocon:
Seems I studied the wrong course in UG. Cos all I'm seeing everywhere is IT

Bro, technology has taken over 90% of the jobs people used to do. In fact, it has taken all over the world. But I think you can Also go for a second degree, it's very possible

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ocon: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
tiptoe1:

Bro, technology has taken over 90% of the jobs people used to do. In fact, it has taken all over the world. But I think you can Also go for a second degree, it's very possible
Hope age won't be a problem cos I heard schools only accept under-20 for UG.

BTW, I checked up some schools in Finland the the tuition na die ooo €15,000 shocked
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tiptoe1: 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ocon:

BTW, I checked up some schools in Finland the the tuition na die ooo €15,000 shocked

I don't know if age is an option but if you let them know you're going for a second degree. There shouldn't be a problem.

€15,000 shocked . well you can give Germany a shot. Free tuition, all you need to do is get a money for a block account which is €8640. Once you do that, you have a higher chance of getting you visa approved

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ocon: 5:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
tiptoe1:

I don't know if age is an option but if you let them know you're going for a second degree. There shouldn't be a problem.

€15,000 shocked . well you can give Germany a shot. Free tuition, all you need to do is get a money for a block account which is €8640. Once you do that, you have a higher chance of getting you visa approved
Free tuition? Wow!!! Is it for UG or Master's...
Thanks very much bro...

Please do you have the link to the Germany thread
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tiptoe1: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ocon:
Free tuition? Wow!!! Is it for UG or Master's...
Thanks very much bro...

Please do you have the link to the Germany thread

For both UG Nd PG. The link is

https://www.nairaland.com/4566903/general-german-student-visa-enquiries

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ocon: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
tiptoe1:

For both UG Nd PG. The link is

https://www.nairaland.com/4566903/general-german-student-visa-enquiries
Thank you very much bro
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Also algorithm and data structure is not a problem.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
tiptoe1:

You be real hustler bro( minus that bet9ja part, that thing has done more harm than good, but I guess you were lucky) and it paid at the end. Salute! You be Zlatan true true

But bro, what's Finland denial rate like if one is going as a student, I'm asking this cause after spending over a 700k applying to USA as a student, I still got denied. So I also want to be sure if Finland student visa sure if you meet all the requirements or they also deny ppl alot based on hometies even after meeting all their requirements

The denial rate was very low before, but from last year, them start to deny and delay peeps anyhow, but even at that, people still dey get am...But still look at these our neigbhours here like Lithuania, Latvia if you really want enter here somehow, otherwise Germo na still baba las las cos them still dey favour student permits

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
olioxx:

@ibrahimovic coding is not the issue, but is it possible to get a Job there?
I am a GitHub contributor to Google's opensource project.
So the matter be say hope job go show?
Do they recognize CISSP cert in Finland/ Scandinavia?
I do more of Threat Intelligence(Detection), Reverse Engineering(using C++, C and HLA) and general Security Engineering.

There is no ready made job anywhere in the world bro...You gaz find way to hack the system because across the Scandanavia, language is a crucial factor in netting a decent job, if you escape Finnish language and run to Norway, you gaz learn Norwegian to make headway.. typically we have lots of job portals here, so if you go for an interview(which will be in Finnish), they will set questions for you based on you meeting the requirements, trust me, we have Msc and PhD peeps here all hustling menials, a lot depends bro, luck or God´s grace is one crucial factor too, also are you willing to step down your high horses and take up an Internship place and work your way up? Sum up these points and get the weighted average
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=Ocon post=75167429]Seems I studied the wrong course in UG. Cos all I'm seeing everywhere is IT

Ibrahimovic303[/quot

There are two ways we immigrants get into the cooperate world here: Either in the hospitality sector or in IT....Others have very good grounded skills like Hot work permits, Heavy duty truck permits, even luxury bus permits and forklift permits....But then it will be wise to be armed with one of these skills while you search for schools here in the Agricultural field

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
olioxx:

@ibrahimovic coding is not the issue, but is it possible to get a Job there?
I am a GitHub contributor to Google's opensource project.
So the matter be say hope job go show?
Do they recognize CISSP cert in Finland/ Scandinavia?
I do more of Threat Intelligence(Detection), Reverse Engineering(using C++, C and HLA) and general Security Engineering.

Your skills are top notch, have you considered applying for jobs in IT in UK? Also how is your earning power at the moment? Pls if you are earning well in Naija think twice before you try to run away oh, I know a very close friend here who is regretting his life here because he was working and earning comfortably back home, even had a car wash in Okota, but just wanted to join the bandwagon of diasporans, now he has been doing cleaning job here for 5years, not that the cleaning job wont give you money, but career satisfaction is out of the way....With all these skills you might be depressed if you cannot find your dream job here and then settle for Posti or cleaning job here

Calculate yourself wella sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ocon: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=ibrahimovic303 post=75172038][/quote]I really don't understand your comment... Please explain more
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ocon:
I really don't understand your comment... Please explain more

Summary is that try to get some skills by the side while you apply for a school within the Agricultural field for your Msc, there are definitely schools for you here...But get some skills too, like Forklift permits, crane driving permits, even luxury bus permits, it will help

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Ocon: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Summary is that try to get some skills by the side while you apply for a school within the Agricultural field for your Msc, there are definitely schools for you here...But get some skills too, like Forklift permits, crane driving permits, even luxury bus permits, it will help
Thank you bro...

But the tuition no be here... Too high for people like me
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Vjsprinkle: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
PHRANTAD:

Boss, just get all you need ready, use your WAEC result ready, and start all your plans, you can come for bachelors degree in IT or computer related course and possibly you could transfer the credits for most of the courses you have done already.
And I believe all would be set for you.
Cheers mate

Thanks man i really appreciate.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ahiboilandgas: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Your skills are top notch, have you considered applying for jobs in IT in UK? Also how is your earning power at the moment? Pls if you are earning well in Naija think twice before you try to run away oh, I know a very close friend here who is regretting his life here because he was working and earning comfortably back home, even had a car wash in Okota, but just wanted to join the bandwagon of diasporans, now he has been doing cleaning job here for 5years, not that the cleaning job wont give you money, but career satisfaction is out of the way....With all these skills you might be depressed if you cannot find your dream job here and then settle for Posti or cleaning job here

Calculate yourself wella sha
correct man very honest ...my pal was making 750k permonth in nigeria and own a personal house of 30m but this chap is bent on relocating to Canada or Australia or ireland ...it seem the swag of been abroad is addictive ....what is the average income do u think is not advicible to relocate with your experience
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by jadajada: 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Teeklef(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
correct man very honest ...my pal was making 750k permonth in nigeria and own a personal house of 30m but this chap is bent on relocating to Canada or Australia or ireland ...it seem the swag of been abroad is addictive ....what is the average income do u think is not advicible to relocate with your experience

Now I believe, human want is unlimited.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Hadampson(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
tiptoe1:

Boss mi. I thought you live in Germany

Nope. I'm still in Zoogeria grin
Very soon, i will be there or any other Germanic countries
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by PHRANTAD(m): 11:39am On Jan 29, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Allah I have not oh...I checked it out and it seems Finnish language nor dey there oh

Yeah, Finnish language no dae dia
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by PHRANTAD(m): 11:46am On Jan 29, 2019
Ocon:

Age isn't a barrier, and you can as well go for a second degree, you should search for more schools with much much lower tuition, schools like Centria UAS, Satakunta and the likes. Nothing is impossible for d determined bro
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by PHRANTAD(m): 11:52am On Jan 29, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

If you earn 400k and above in naija, I see no reason for you to relocate here, because B4 u can get your dream job (which is quite hard to get mostly) ur language skills has to be top notch and u have got to have a great skill set.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by RealityShot: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
I have met some Nigerians here who have lived here for over 10 years and have not visited home for once, while I have a different view of this, I hardly blame them...The main reasons they escaped Nigeria is still there, these countries are not as rich as Delta State or Bayelsa even, but they put their citizens first, they have very good welfare systems for everyone, that sometimes I wonder how I was created a Nigerian. Elections are coming oh, make una use una mentus oh, if not, na another 4years of penury. I was just driving around and got very angry why Nigeria cannot be the best place on earth with all we have....I swear, the moment Naija has a good leader, more than half of the diasporan community will come back home with their expertise to join forces with a dynamic leader.....

For now, we are watching from the sidelines of a saner clime

Signed
Zlatan
can you list the things that needs to be provided for you all to return to Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (70) (Reply)

Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.