Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode (5339 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
I know many people will be shocked to read this based on my staunch support for Ambode in the just concluded Lagos APC primary.

I supported Governor Ambode majorly for 3 reasons. The first being my sincere desire to see Lagos become free from the shackles of godfatherism. If Tinubu were in Ambode's shoes, I would have supported him! The second is performance.

All the same, let me share my personal experience with Governor Ambode.

It was in 2016. I was walking along Obafemi Awolowo way towards Allen junction (Ikeja, Lagos) when I heard a convoy approaching.

Behold, it was my beloved Governor Ambode.
I was excited. Not that I wanted any favour from him. I just was just happy to see him in person even if it were for just a moment.
Please pardon me, I like seeing VIPs in person even if I don't talk to or meet them.
I have once seen Tinubu in person. I was happy to though I wasn't close enough to greet him.
The day I saw Pastor Tunde Bakare, I approached and greeted him after his orderly cleared me and he responded warmly. The list is long... cool

So I decided I was going to deliberately look in his (Governor Ambode's) direction as soon as the very vehicle he is seated in, a Range Rover, passes by me. I targeted him.

Then the moment came!

His Range Rover passed. He was seated in the vehicle. I looked in his direction. He looked at me and in a split second took off his face in an extremely snobbish manner that says 'I don't give a damn about you. Get lost!'
I wasn't expecting him to stop and greet me or even wave. But I wasn't expecting the awful snub either.

Wow. I was downcast. But I took it like a man. Of course, I didn't have a choice.
So it's possible Governor Ambode is a very proud person.

This is my first time of sharing this story on and offline.

All in all, I still wanted Governor Ambode to have a second term. I didn't and don't begrudge him, still.

It's unfortunate many Lagosians can't be like me. They just couldn't forgive him.

A battle may have been lost. But there is still a war to be won. And it's not about Ambode.
It's about the ultimate freedom of Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
Continue defame the innocent man without prove that you've even been to Lagos before. Besides, what do you Buhari's slaves still want from him after you godfather has done his betrayal as usual ( remembering Nuhu Ribadu of ACN of 2011. Well, you have won the war; expect the battle unexpectedly.
Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by amaniro: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
I've slept with Hillary Clinton, nonsense angry

You think you can liecheesy

10 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by FarahAideed: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
So he is supposed to smile at every face he comes across in Lagos traffic? Don't you think his face will pain him that way ?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:
So he is supposed to smile at every face he comes across in Lagos traffic? Don't you think his face will pain him that way ?

Could he ever be held in traffic

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by soliddust2020: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
The man no even see you self, someone that has a state and personal business to run. The man has lost let him lick his wound in peace.

6 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by FarahAideed: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Could he ever be held in traffic

I said traffic and not traffic congestion

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:

I said traffic and not traffic congestion

Well, he wasn't in either.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by Corrinthians(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
amaniro:
I've slept with Hillary Clinton, nonsense angry

You think you can liecheesy
Trump is my nephew. grin

6 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by FarahAideed: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Well, he wasn't in either.

I don't understand ? His car was parked in his house when you saw him? I hope you know any movement on a public way is called traffic ?

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:

I don't understand ? His car was parked in his house when you saw him? I hope you know any movement on a public way is called traffic ?

Huh
Okay. He didn't have to smile per se. But the snub was out of this world... embarassed
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
soliddust2020:
The man no even see you self, someone that has a state and personal business to run. The man has lost let him lick his wound in peace.

He saw me o.

We saw each other.

Like I said earlier, I didn't hold it against him.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by deomelo: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2018

See the evil eyes the snobbish and mean mogging clown gave Fashola.

smh..

8 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by FarahAideed: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Huh
Okay. He didn't have to smile per se. But the snub was out of this world... embarassed

Kpele I am sure he didn't see you oo
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by izombie(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
Op, so where is the "experience"?
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:

Kpele I am sure he didn't see you oo

He did o. He just boned and turned to the other side angrily.
No wahala. I brushed it off since.
It is his current travails that made me remember the incident.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
I just want to know why all these personal experiences are coming up after he lost

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
Continue defame the innocent man without prove that you've even been to Lagos before. Besides, what do you Buhari's slaves still want from him after you godfather has done his betrayal as usual ( remembering Nuhu Ribadu of ACN of 2011. Well, you have won the war; expect the battle unexpectedly.
Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

How am I defaming him?
Do most of the Tinubu slaves insulting him all the while have anything personal against him as close as this?
Yet I stood with him.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

See the evil eyes the snobbish and mean mogging clown gave Fashola.

smh..

Otito
Osha ti gba fun yin bayi
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:
I just want to know why all these personal experiences are coming up after he lost

It's just a reflection.
God knows why he let me have that experience.
It was like showing me what would cause his downfall.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by femo86(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
I met Cardi B last week

We both chatted and walked the street of New York, eating kulikuli and roasted agbado...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
femo86:
I met Cardi B last week

We both chatted and walked the street of New York, eating kulikuli and roasted agbado...

You are a clown... grin

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by LordsApostle: 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
With your poverty stricken face, I wonder how u expected him to smile at you? If na you talk true will you smile at yourself?

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by sacajawea: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:
I know many people will be shocked to read this based on my staunch support for Ambode in the just concluded Lagos APC primary.

I supported Governor Ambode majorly for 3 reasons. The first being my sincere desire to see Lagos become free from the shackles of godfatherism. If Tinubu were in Ambode's shoes, I would have supported him! The second is performance.

It was in 2016. I was walking along Obafemi Awolowo way towards Allen junction (Ikeja, Lagos) when I heard a convoy approaching.

I was excited. Not that I wanted any favour from him. I just was just happy to see him in person even if it were for just a moment.
Please pardon me, I like seeing VIPs in person even if I don't talk to or meet them.
I have once seen Tinubu in person. I was happy to though I wasn't close enough to greet him.
The day I saw Pastor Tunde Bakare, I approached and greeted him after his orderly cleared me and he responded warmly. The list is long... cool

So I decided I was going to deliberately look in his (Governor Ambode's) direction as soon as the very vehicle he is seated in, a Range Rover, passes by me. I targeted him.

Then the moment came!

His Range Rover passed. He was seated in the vehicle. I looked in his direction. He looked at me and in a split second took off his face in an extremely snobbish manner that says 'I don't give a damn about you. Get lost!'
I wasn't expecting him to stop and greet me or even wave. But I wasn't expecting the awful snub either.

Wow. I was downcast. But I took it like a man. Of course, I didn't have a choice.

All in all, I still wanted Governor Ambode to have a second term. I didn't and don't begrudge him, still.

It's unfortunate many Lagosians can't be like me. They just couldn't forgive him.

A battle may have been lost. But there is still a war to be won. And it's not about Ambode.
It's about the ultimate freedom of Lagos.
Chai

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
LordsApostle:
With your poverty stricken face, I wonder how u expected him to smile at you? If na you talk true will you smile at yourself?

Bros, you harsh o... grin
A leader rises above emotional sentiments even if that were the case.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by PlsBanMe: 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode might not even have noticed this writer at all

Have you ever heard someone someone said they were greeting you yesterday and you will be like 'I didn't see you at all' while they insisted you were looking at them and even smiled.

This piece of writing will never have come out if Ambode clinched the ticket. Everyone associate with success but are quick to dismiss failures.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by Hotfreezer: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:
[s]I know many people will be shocked to read this based on my staunch support for Ambode in the just concluded Lagos APC primary.

Then the moment came!

It's about the ultimate freedom of Lagos.[/s]

You despicable turncoat. After you people misled Ambode to his doom, you now remembered that Ambode didn't look at your side when you were hawking gala.

I hope your 30 pieces of silver is enough to last you a lifetime. Useless traitor.

5 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
PlsBanMe:
Ambode might not even have noticed this writer at all

Have you ever heard someone someone said they were greeting you yesterday and you will be like 'I didn't see you at all' while they insisted you were looking at them at even smiled.

This piece of writing will never have come out if Ambode clinched the ticket. Everyone associate with success but are quick to dismiss failures.

Wrong.
We saw each other. He just turned his face and boned while at it. It was a well planned snub that comes naturally.

I remembered this incident at the inception of his travails.

I had sincerely wished and hoped he will sail through.

Unfortunately, he didn't.
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
Hotfreezer:

You despicable turncoat. After you people misled Ambode to his doom, you now remembered that Ambode didn't look at your side when you were hawking gala.

I hope your 30 pieces of silver is enough to last you a lifetime. Useless traitor.

Ah ahn

Oma mo tan o.... grin

Asinwin! angry

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by maestroferdi: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
ModsareChevres:

Huh
See this one o...

You are lucky some security orderlies didn't beat and frog-match you for daring to get too close for comfort to a governor...

You must have a twisted sense of self-importance to imagine that a man overseeing the running of a state of over 18 million people will stop his itinerary to dobale at your feet.

I was once at close quarters to Fashola in 2015 during the campaign season. I minded my business... and made out that I was too intelligent to make a fuss out of it...
Re: My Personal Experience With Governor Ambode by ModsareChevres: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
maestroferdi:
See this one o...

You are lucky some security orderlies didn't beat and frog-match you for daring to get too close for comfort to a governor...

You must have a twisted sense of self-importance to imagine that a man overseeing the running of a state of over 18 million people will stop his itinerary to dobale at your feet.

I was once at close quarters to Fashola in 2015 during the campaign season. I minded my business... and made out that I was too intelligent to make a fuss out of it...

He was in a moving vehicle. I couldn't have gotten close.

The pathetic snobbish look and reaction he gave me when we saw each other was what got me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Officer Working With Billionaire Kidnapper Wadume Identified / Breaking: Tinubu Shamed Me In Rivers Yesterday, Oshiomole Tells Edo People (phot / The North Is Not One And Will Never Be In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.