Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 (42160 Views)

Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas / Eko Atlantic City, Lagos. The Largest Project Executed In The Whole Of Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by broomstick: 11:15am On Dec 02, 2010
I can confirm to you that the first set occupants will take possession of their land as from the 3rd quarter of 2011 from the project contractor South Energyx , all things being equal. I worked closely with the Lagos State Govts' partners for 2yrs. Its gonna be about 150% the size of the present V/Island where u can work and live but is damn expensive!.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by froms(m): 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2010
Tanx 4 all ur updates. You dont know how much +ve effect u've got on us here in UK. Pls could u give me a rough idea of how much plots of lands would cost? I await ur reply
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by DapoBear(m): 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
f_roms:

Believe me, I've got lots of friends (me included) who haven't been to Nigeria in a while and who don't even know these things are happening. I hope no one finds this offensive but I used to see lagos as a slum, till I watched all the videos of fashola's projects on youtube and I saw this forum.

I've known it isn't a slum, but it was sort of a shoddy city in the past. It looks like Fashola is instead building a world-class city. I'm especially impressed by his success in finding international partners to finance these projects. For example, the 30 year Lekki toll road.

Being able to attract billions in foreign investment to Lagos is no small thing.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Horus(m): 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2010

The flags represents which pieces of land had already been sold
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2011
New Video Overview

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIA8Rig4jg?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ekubear1: 3:56am On Jan 07, 2011
^-- Absolutely beautiful. Makes my heart glad.

I'm happy that it is entirely private too, so there is less chance of it being derailed.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by aljharem(m): 4:09am On Jan 07, 2011
beautiful

can't wait till it gets done cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by seyibrown(f): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^ I thought you had plans to 'go away with your fiful (people)! grin grin! You can't take Eko Atlantic City with you o!
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by bkbabe97y(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
alj harem:

beautiful

can't wait till it gets done cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

seyibrown:

^^^ I thought you had plans to 'go away with your fiful (people)! grin grin! You can't take Eko Atlantic City with you o!

Surprisingly, them Ibo boys aint laid claim to owning 40-60% (their usual claims on everything) of this eye candy!
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
GAR3TH, pls continue the updating this page. WE APPRECIATE IT! smiley
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
EKO ATLANTIC CITY, LAND RECLAMATION
Originally posted by Hakon,

Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
jason123:

GAR3TH, pls continue the updating this page. WE APPRECIATE IT! smiley

edited! wink
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by owowalapo(m): 12:39am On Jan 12, 2011
Gentrification be damned. I live in the states and yes I agree with that blah, blah, average naija person can't afford it mantra, okay that being said. Me, I can afford it, and I will afford it, As with anything in Nigeria - Copy cats will come when they realize that it can be done successfully, it will spread to any waterfront around lagos & ogun state. My hope is not to actually live on the EKO ATLANTIC island, instead my hope is that all the people that have too much money now will move to Eko Atlantic and leave Lekki Phase 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 for the rest of us middle class-we-work-for-our-own-money-did-not-chop-naija-money "real" Nigerians!

I'm so tired of seeing some local government chairman's daughter living in a $2.0M condo here in the states and going to $80K a year colleges and throwing lavish money all over facebook and WE ALL KNOW DAMN WELL THAT YOUR PAPA STOLE THE MONEY and dont you start with that crap of telling me that they earned it. We all know there is no public job in ALL of Nigeria that LEGALLY pays $2,000,000 during the course of a politicians tenure UNLESS you CHOP!!!

So bring on EKO ATLANTIC, I welcome it. I welcome opulence and capitalism. Let it reign, just leave some plots of land for the rest of us that want ocean view too in Lekki, so I can continue to build my real estate empire, yes, I said it, if you dont like it move to sango otta or surulere, dont know why all those living 3hrs away from the proposed plot even care,
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:23am On Apr 15, 2011
UPDATE:

The greatest project in West Africa done by one of the best Governors in Nigeria. Our very own Fashola!!!
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:24am On Apr 15, 2011
Nigerians, we have our First MAN-MADE ISLAND. smiley
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:26am On Apr 15, 2011
More:

Nigerians, tell me why this man should not be our president come 2015??
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:29am On Apr 15, 2011
More:
Eko Boulevard at Night Time:
Eko Boulevard Day
View from the canal in the business district with the view of the Eko gate towers
Amended Districts Lay out
This is the new lay out of the districts, if you compare to the previous one, you can see that the business district highlighted in purple had been expanded to the ocean front stealing some sections of the ocean front district,this is where the boulevard would start from extending northwards to the epicentre (round about), the design of the waterways have also changed with only one canal stretching from east to west along with 3 oval reservoirs at the Marina district, Avenue district and Harbour Lights district.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:30am On Apr 15, 2011
May GOD help Fashola finish this project. AMEN!!! smiley
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by AljUche: 12:39am On Apr 15, 2011
:d :d smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:40am On Apr 15, 2011
Phase One of the project is OFFICIALLY COMPLETED
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 12:41am On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:42am On Apr 15, 2011
Great project. Great pictures.  How many skyscrapers can they really build there? (I'm looking at those future images) I didn't read through the thread and don't have much of an idea of the strength of the island, though I know they had experts build it. I ask because Nigerians have a tendency to overcrowd certain esteemed/lucrative/attractive areas.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by GAR3TH(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:44am On Apr 15, 2011
Horus:

The flags represents which pieces of land had already been sold

What do the blue flags indicate (as opposed to the Nigerian flags)?
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:45am On Apr 15, 2011
GAR3TH:

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwxbsz6Sgzg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

Thanks Bro. Let's make sure we update this thread. smiley

PhysicsMHD:

Great project. Great pictures.  How many skyscrapers can they really build there? (I'm looking at those future images) I didn't read through the thread and don't have much of an idea of the strength of the island, though I know they had experts build it. I ask because Nigerians have a tendency to overcrowd certain esteemed/lucrative/attractive areas.

The first phase of the project has been officially completed! smiley
We have successfully built our very own Island thanks to Fashola.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by AljUche: 12:45am On Apr 15, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

it is quite big

Adjacent to Victoria Island, Eko Atlantic will rise as the next generation of property in Africa. Expected to be around 4 square miles (10 km2), the city will satisfy needs for financial, commercial, residential and tourist accommodations with a state-of-the-art high-tech infrastructure in line with modern and environmental standards. These standards will offer the city’s residents modern water, waste management, security and transportation systems. Eko Atlantic will also offer its residents an independent source of energy generated specifically for the city.[citation needed]
Eko Atlantic hopes to be a powerhouse for Nigeria and all West Africa. The project is expected to have a positive impact on Lagos as well as Nigeria in general. Throughout the project’s lifetime, thousands of jobs will be created as well as providing business and residential districts for West Africa. From its financial partners Guaranty Trust Bank, First City Monument Bank and First Bank, US$400 million were lend.[3]. The project will be marketed by Diya, Fatimilehin & Company.

http://Eko_Atlantic_City

i think as much as the marina district in lagos
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:46am On Apr 15, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

What do the blue flags indicate (as opposed to the Nigerian flags)?

Blue flags: Private owned lands
Nigerian flags: Government owned Lands.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2011
jason123:

Blue flags: Private owned lands
Nigerian flags: Government owned Lands.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Ok, thanks.

The foundations for the first tower is being constructed as we speak!!!

GAR3TH:

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XGqHLgeN00?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by Fiver: 1:26am On Apr 15, 2011
Any plans to build a rail link to the mainland from this city?
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by ektbear: 4:28am On Apr 15, 2011
Really stunning. I'm glad. Sai Eko Atlantic, sai Fashola, sai Lagos
Re: Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 by jason123: 4:39am On Apr 15, 2011
Fiver:

Any plans to build a rail link to the mainland from this city?
Red line:

Blue line:

For full details: http://www.lagosrail.com/home/index.php

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Abiodun Constructs Sango Ota-Ijoko Road; Reconstructs Ota Tollgate / Lady Involved In Ghastly Accident Moments After Taking Selfie In A Keke. Photos / Harrison Chinedu Confirmed By Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.