Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,210 members, 7,836,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. (9138 Views)

Why Are BMW Cars Unbelievably Cheap? / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 13, 2018
valarinz:

As if you're a sight seer. Saw the topic and clicked cos I was interested in the BMW, but lo and behold its truly become a toyota hyping thread

Actually i don't even drive a Toyota, but there's no need trying make Toyota cars look bad when they are not. This thread is not supposed to be Toyota vs other brands but the so called purists tried to downgrade Toyota in the first 3 comments. They should have just stuck with discussing BMW and don't bring Toyota into it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by danadam(m): 8:45am On Oct 13, 2018
tolaney:

All king306 needed to do was to replace the plastic water pump and thermostat ( brand new ) ..that car would have served him another 7years ..if u know u know!

if you know, you know indeed. unfortunately, you dunno nothing. go and research on the water pump and thermostat of the E90 series before giving any advice here.

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by danadam(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2018
CityNGR:
Water pump plastic impeller....
plastic impeller for E92 335? well-done sir.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2018
greenhulk:

Actually i don't even drive a Toyota, but there's no need trying make Toyota cars look bad when they are not. This thread is not supposed to be Toyota vs other brands but the so called purists tried to downgrade Toyota in the first 3 comments. They should have just stuck with discussing BMW and don't bring Toyota into it.

hahahahHahaha

o lawd.......
me I drive Toyota oh...

elegance... nah,
beauty.... nah
power (compared to its mates oh.... no be today compare Camry and Rio).... nah

but reliability..... brother...... sometimes I feel like constructing auto pilot in the ride...... cos the ride sure die

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2018
What is the easiest way to start a Toyota versus all e war?

Just create a post of another car brand and in the opening post or anywhere along the the thread...

mention

TOYOTA

that's it

7 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by dru23(m): 9:39am On Oct 13, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I'm a graduate of Electrical Electronics, not sure what you're on about, but ok.

Edit: If you want me to start detailing the materials used and components designed to make Toyotas more reliable, then you must have me mistaken for a Toyota Head of Operations.

That said, empirical data says Toyotas are more reliable than Beemers. Argue all you want. Cry foul. Naysay. Flip tables. It still won't change the data, and data never lies, my friend.

I don't really know how those facts came about... but I will agree for sure ..BMW and Benz are too expensive to maintain.. Any small thing can cost money to fix. With a Toyota I will prefer to get their luxury version of their cars... same comfort you will get from BMW and Benz...now if I have money to waste and money to be going to dealership.. I will than get BMW or Benz .. Beside that Toyota all the way

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by thebigkendo(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2018
Abeg enh... I have a question to all the Japs Toyota Lords.

Una don ever use BMW before?

Let me tell a story..

When wanted to buy a car.. My mind was on the 06/07 Honda accord.. Everybody Asin everybody I asked for advice told me to get Toyota because Honda accord leg dey pull, remember Ikorodu road no good oh, you go dey Change ball joint every 3 month..
Am sure if I had posted same question on nairaland, I would have gotten the same response.

So now I had Toyota on my radar also.
I hate the shape of big daddy.
So my choices where 06/07 Honda accord or 06/07 corolla since I did not want an SUV or CUV.
So I enter market.. Fortunately both cars where within same price bracket.
Test drove both cars.. Fell in love with the accord and i was like f**k leg pull, am getting this car.. Thanks to Nigerian market/value system I bought the full option EX-L trim accord for the same price I would have gotten a corolla LE or sport grin grin grin (aside the manual window Abeg what is the diff btw CE & LE).

2 year now.. No honda leg put yet, I have not even change the ball joint self and I drive the bad Ikorodu road.

So i asked again.. Toyota sheep's have you owned a BMW??

A corolla with have an issue... Kazeem will fix it shapely, we probably will not notice it ever came to Kazeems shop but a BMW will have same issue and be at Kazeems place for 2weeks, everyday we will pass and be like BMW na problem motor, at the end na patch patch work Kazeem go do which will bring up other issues.
Is it BMW fault that ours Kazeems are incompetent on the brand?
This is a friend's BMW.. He has been using it for over 3 years now, aside the AC which Kazeem was working on here.. no other major problem.
He travels alot with the car.

My point is most time we dey judge from the outside

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Immorttal: 10:40am On Oct 13, 2018
Kamalu5258:

That's your perception sir, BMWs are even more reliable and their parts are cheaper than those Toyotas, it's just that Nigerians refuse to want to learn to understand cars with new technologies. I know you'll argue that Toyota parts are cheaper but remember that the ones you buy in the open market are mostly fake Chinese parts try to buy OEM Toyota parts and you'll never want to touch another Toyota in your life. It's easier to come across OEM parts for European cars as against Japanese brands. I'll always pick European ride over a Japmobile anytime any day the Japs lack build quality and refined engineering.
Argue with your keyboard
very educative, the main issue is where to buy OEM parts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:55am On Oct 13, 2018
danadam:

if you know, you know indeed. unfortunately, you dunno nothing. go and research on the water pump and thermostat of the E90 series before giving any advice here.

grin grin
This sub-forum sha, na clowns full am.

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by diportivo: 11:14am On Oct 13, 2018
valarinz

contact me for ur Baba ijebu forecast grin

thebigkendo:
Abeg enh... I have a question to all the Japs Toyota Lords.

Una don ever use BMW before?

Let me tell a story..

When wanted to buy a car.. My mind was on the 06/07 Honda accord.. Everybody Asin everybody I asked for advice told me to get Toyota because Honda accord leg dey pull, remember Ikorodu road no good oh, you go dey Change ball joint every 3 month..
Am sure if I had posted same question on nairaland, I would have gotten the same response.

So now I had Toyota on my radar also.
I hate the shape of big daddy.
So my choices where 06/07 Honda accord or 06/07 corolla since I did not want an SUV or CUV.
So I enter market.. Fortunately both cars where within same price bracket.
Test drove both cars.. Fell in love with the accord and i was like f**k leg pull, am getting this car.. Thanks to Nigerian market/value system I bought the full option EX-L trim accord for the same price I would have gotten a corolla LE or sport grin grin grin (aside the manual window Abeg what is the diff btw CE & LE).

2 year now.. No honda leg put yet, I have not even change the ball joint self and I drive the bad Ikorodu road.

So i asked again.. Toyota sheep's have you owned a BMW??

A corolla with have an issue... Kazeem will fix it shapely, we probably will not notice it ever came to Kazeems shop but a BMW will have same issue and be at Kazeems place for 2weeks, everyday we will pass and be like BMW na problem motor, at the end na patch patch work Kazeem go do which will bring up other issues.
Is it BMW fault that ours Kazeems are incompetent on the brand?
This is a friend's BMW.. He has been using it for over 3 years now, aside the AC which Kazeem was working on here.. no other major problem.
He travels alot with the car.

My point is most time we dey judge from the outside

you dey mind dem undecided

on this thread,Iv read that people here are in the mind of expatriates...as in,they know why expatriates choose a particular car brand over the other shocked

and an absurd comparism of q7 and land cruiser as official vehicles of the UN shocked.....na that one vex me pass undecided

most of the land cruiser and Prado I av seen here with the un insignia are the basic models with manual trans.... LR and Q7 and X6 get manual

or

there's no land rover defender in the UN fleet?

if u mass produce cars, chances are that they will be mass purchased.....the more the merrier grin

obekediamondfuto:
What is the easiest way to start a Toyota versus all e war?

Just create a post of another car brand and in the opening post or anywhere along the the thread...

mention

TOYOTA

that's it

grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by danadam(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

grin grin This sub-forum sha, na clowns full am.
you're right, we're all clowns.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2018
I am not here to argue with anybody but if you've ever driven a Bmw or Benz before, wallahi - you will never want to drive any other brand again.

The momentous power-to-weight ratio, the balancing, the handling, the aesthetics, the sound of the engine - vrrooom, vrrooom, vrrooom, bringing non-stop melodious tunes to my ears - kai! grin

What I know is that, I will never use my money to buy any japanese vehicles except I'm dashing them out. grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by sooperrescue(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro, easy with the lies. Nobody is denying that Mercedez Benz and many other European automakers are ahead in technology than their Japanese counterparts, nobody is denying that they make more luxurious and performance cars, but saying a 2018 Toyota camry doesn't have brake assist is absurd, even a 2007 Camry has that feature. Oh and by the way, the Jap mobiles are catching up with their newer releases. And just because Toyota makes Camry doesn't mean u should be comparing a Camry with a Benz E class (one is a family car while the other is a luxury car). Pls always compare with a Lexus ES.. though Lexus ES is still no match for Benz E class but at least its still better than the camry.

But where Toyota and Lexus shines is in reliability. In fact u need to give credit to Toyota for building a reliable luxury brand with the Lexus, because before the Lexus, luxury cars are known to be very unreliable, prone to break down at any moment.

Not entirely true. BMW's are unreliable even in countries where they don't cut corners. They are good to be used for 1-7 yrs after which they might become problematic and owners sell them off, and they are expensive to maintain. This is why their resale value is very low... and don't tell me its naija mentality because even in the US they can lose 80-90% of their value in 10 yrs while a corresponding Toyota and Lexus will still keep 30-45% of their value. Advertise a high mileage BMW and Lexus/Toyota and see which one will sell first even if u price the BMW cheaper.

Not true, Every Toyota camry run on regular fuel. The 4th gen Lexus ES 330 (2001-2006) and 5th gen recommends premium fuel (but not required). It uses the same engine as the camry so using regular wouldn't make much difference. The 6th and 7th gen ( 2012 to present ) use regular fuel not premium. Acura required premium for the TL's for the 3rd and 4th gen but recent models run on regular.. so what are u talking?

Kai, greenhulk must have slept very well today. I said the current toyotas are using premium fuel and I know Lexus does not recommend, they say only. If Toyota has brake assist in 2007, then who did the EU give the warning to and in what year? If Acura now uses regular, how come evil spirit uses premium fuel?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Kai, greenhulk must have slept very well today. I said the current toyotas are using premium fuel and I know Lexus does not recommend, they say only. If Toyota has brake assist in 2007, then who did the EU give the warning to and in what year? If Acura now uses regular, how come evil spirit uses premium fuel?

2008-2012 Honda Accord aka evil spirit doesn't require premium fuel and the new generation accords also use regular. Older Lexus use premium as recommend and not required while current generation Lexus ex and Rx use regular fuel. Older Acura require premium while the new generation Acuras use premium as recommend not required. No Toyota uses premium, (unless maybe some Asian specs where their Toyotas have same specs as Lexus). And u also need to know there are some features mandated by US laws but not compulsory in the EU.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
Zoharariel:
I am not here to argue with anybody but if you've ever driven a Bmw or Benz before, wallahi - you will never want to drive any other brand again.

The momentous power-to-weight ratio, the balancing, the handling, the aesthetics, the sound of the engine - vrrooom, vrrooom, vrrooom, bringing non-stop melodious tunes to my ears - kai! grin

What I know is that, I will never use my money to buy any japanese vehicles except I'm dashing them out. grin

I don't think anyone here has ever compared the drive Dynamics of Toyota to BMW or Mercedes Benz. The argument is whether those German cars are as reliable or maintenance friendly as Toyotas and there's only one answer. With great powers come great responsibilities. It costs a lot to build these machines and will also cost a lot to fix them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
greenhulk:

I don't think anyone here has ever compared the drive Dynamics of Toyota to BMW or Mercedes Benz. The argument is whether those German cars are as reliable or maintenance friendly as Toyotas and there's only one answer. With great powers come great responsibilities. It costs a lot to build these machines and will also cost a lot to fix them.

El finito, le muerte El Diablo......

finishing move..

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by sooperrescue(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
greenhulk:

2008-2012 Honda Accord aka evil spirit doesn't require premium fuel and the new generation accords also use regular. Older Lexus use premium as recommend and not required while current generation Lexus ex and Rx use regular fuel. Older Acura require premium while the new generation Acuras use premium as recommend not required. No Toyota uses premium, (unless maybe some Asian specs where their Toyotas have same specs as Lexus). And u also need to know there are some features mandated by US laws but not compulsory in the EU.
Bros, I rest my case. But what is recommended and only.? Ask anyone with the manual for current Toyota and ask if 95 Ron is regular or premium. All acuras are premium fuel only, same way Nissan tells you to use premium fuel for maximum performance. I have said it that I will rather buy a 2001 Eclass than buy a 2018 Toyota Camry and I stick to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by asamwababy: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
Own both Japanese and German.

My Benz is my overall favorite but when i see flood or go on long journey or night crawling i avoid driving it.

However, Toyota gets me from point A to B come rain or sunshine and for long journey comes peace of mind with hardly any story.

I did not come to this world to be donating all my income to maintain a german ride and say because of passion.

European vehicle will be making me sleep with one eyes closed because of its wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Bros, I rest my case. But what is recommended and only.? Ask anyone with the manual for current Toyota and ask if 95 Ron is regular or premium. All acuras are premium fuel only, same way Nissan tells you to use premium fuel for maximum performance. I have said it that I will rather buy a 2001 Eclass than buy a 2018 Toyota Camry and I stick to it.

Bro, I don't know how to explain this. When a vehicle says premium recommend it means they can run fine on regular without damaging the engine, u might lose maybe half a second of acceleration that the average driver will not even notice. This is the case with older Lexus (they use the same engine as Toyotas and those engines done have high compression ratio that requires premium fuel), using regular won't damage anything. Newer lexuses however require regular and it's in the owners manual. Every Toyota Camry require regular even the 2018 model, find below fuel recommendation pulled from 2018 Camry owners manual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmNQ66AtyWk

However when they say premium required it means u need to run premium which is the case with many Mercedes Benz and BMW engines with high compression ratio. Older Acuras say premium required, but the compression ratio of those engines is not as high as the BMWs and Mercedes so using regular won't cause much problems either, just that u will lose some horse power but those engines are rugged and will survive regular, though might cause problem for the engines on contunous usage for many years, also u will experience less than the normal mpg. I drive an Acura and I know this. But newer Acuras no longer say premium required, it says premium recommended which means they will run fine on regular.

Find in picture 2 below the explanation pulled from edmunds.com

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/to-save-money-on-gas-stop-buying-premium.html

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by sooperrescue(m): 5:31am On Oct 14, 2018
I have learnt a lot today. Thanks greenhulk. The report that you just added has said it all. The savings that you will make using regular fuel is not to be compared to the damages that will occur to your engine. The sluggishness of your car from using regular fuel will eventually destroy the engine. All these are stated on Edmund reports. Toyota recommended 91ron or higher, higher to where? In some manual that volvos60 once posted, it says 95. You can also see that Range Rover is on the same list with Nissan Juke to use the same fuel. Is Juke, a 1.6 engine, a high compression engine as the range? We don't have premium fuel here in the country, so the issue is not the choice but to let people know that most of the problems with their cars is caused by the fuel that they put in their cars. I

4 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2018
sooperrescue:
I have learnt a lot today. Thanks greenhulk. The report that you just added has said it all. The savings that you will make using regular fuel is not to be compared to the damages that will occur to your engine. The sluggishness of your car from using regular fuel will eventually destroy the engine. All these are stated on Edmund reports. Toyota recommended 91ron or higher, higher to where? In some manual that volvos60 once posted, it says 95. You can also see that Range Rover is on the same list with Nissan Juke to use the same fuel. Is Juke, a 1.6 engine, a high compression engine as the range? We don't have premium fuel here in the country, so the issue is not the choice but to let people know that most of the problems with their cars is caused by the fuel that they put in their cars. I

Actually Toyota Camry recommends Octane rating 87 (87 being the minimum, going higher is just waste of money) or higher and it has been so for every Camry, the picture I posted earlier is from 2018 user manual (though it says research octane number 91 in parenthesis. this is because some countries have different ways of calculating, e.g in the Uk research octane number 91 is same as 87 in the US).

RON means Research octane number which is what is used in Europe and some other countries. However in the US what is displayed on the PUMPs are not RON but AKI (Anti Knock Index) which is always 4-6 octane numbers lower than elsewhere in the world, and why RON 91 elsewhere is 87 in the US. The picture below is from Toyota nation. U don't have to worry about anything if ur car recommends premium, where u need to worry is when it clearly states on the gas tank that ur car requires premium, or in some cases it says 'premium unleaded fuel only' especially those cars that require 98 Ron. Yes we don't have premium fuel here in Nigeria which is one of the reasons many BMW, Range Rover, Mercedes, etc fail a lot after many years of use in Nigeria because their engines are meant to run on premium. But Lexuses only recommend premium, it is not REQUIRED, so they run well on regular with no issues.

If u can remember an old post from a thread u created, where erico2k2 said he's been filling his RR Autobiography with regular gas... at the end of the day it was revealed he's been filling it with 95 Ron gas, actually 95 in the UK (which is research octane number 95) is the same as 91 in the US, so 95 in UK is premium (though regarded as regular by some people in the UK since its the least expensive), while 91 and 95 in the US are premium, 87 in the US is regular, not sure they have 87 in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2018
sooperrescue:

Picture 1 below: 2005 Acura TL, requires premium fuel 91 or higher. In this case using regular will cause loss of horsepower and low mpg and eventually might cause problems for the engine or catalytic converter after extended usage. But it will still tolerate more 87 octane than cars that require 95 octane.

Picture 2: 2018 Lexus RX 350, requires regular fuel 87 or higher.. using regular will not cause any harm whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by weyreypey: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2018
asamwababy:
Own both Japanese and German.

My Benz is my overall favorite but when i see flood or go on long journey or night crawling i avoid driving it.

However, Toyota gets me from point A to B come rain or sunshine and for long journey comes peace of mind with hardly any story.

I did not come to this world to be donating all my income to maintain a german ride and say because of passion.

European vehicle will be making me sleep with one eyes closed because of its wahala.
hahaha on the contrary my benz goes through 3 feet floods...while nissans quit....even hilux toyota too

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:18am On Oct 14, 2018
Oga Sope is to fuel and octane booster what Dru is to oil and AFS. grin

Both always championing their causes like it's the reason for all car troubles in Nigeria, lmao.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by weyreypey: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2018
come teach me how to retard timing to enable my cars to run happily on regular fuel..

HeavenlyBang:

Both always championing their causes like it's the reason for all car troubles in Nigeria, lmao.

1 Like

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by sooperrescue(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Na lie o, I am learning here. Greenhulk is good and he reads well. But I learnt today that Range Rover is recommended alongside Nissan Juke. So why will Range Rover tell us that continuous use of low octane fuel will destroy the engine and yet it is recommended. I think we should keep this topic till dangote begins production with his refinery then we can decide to use premium or regular. I know a lot of people who go to Ghana just to buy premium fuel for their cars and then return back to the sad situation at home. Greenhulk, you can read for Africa. I am impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by sooperrescue(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2018
greenhulk:

Picture 1 below: 2005 Acura TL, requires premium fuel 91 or higher. In this case using regular will cause loss of horsepower and low mpg and eventually might cause problems for the engine or catalytic converter after extended usage. But it will still tolerate more 87 octane than cars that require 95 octane.

Picture 2: 2018 Lexus RX 350, requires regular fuel 87 or higher.. using regular will not cause any harm whatsoever.
The first picture, are you sure it is for 2005 acura? Because API SJ is 1999-2000 ant it is before API SL.. This oil recommendation is the same for v6 baby boy 2001
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2018
sooperrescue:

The first picture, are you sure it is for 2005 acura? Because API SJ is 1999-2000 ant it is before API SL.. This oil recommendation is the same for v6 baby boy 2001

Yes 2005 Acura TL, actually that's the car I drive.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by yungboss(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lol. Impossible! BMW is common, a lot still on the road, they are not as problematic as majority here have stated. Nigerians just have 'a way' of looking at things.
Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by erico2k2(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
yungboss:
Lol. Impossible! BMW is common, a lot still on the road, they are not as problematic as majority here have stated. Nigerians just have 'a way' of looking at things.
9ja love Toyota like hot Beans. grin grin grin grin some toyo product rain dey fall E sound like house with no ceiling ahah .They buy fake parts and thin its cheap, make dem try OEM parts after all raduauotos dey here now.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by yungboss(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
erico2k2:

9ja love Toyota like hot Beans. grin grin grin grin some toyo product rain dey fall E sound like house with no ceiling ahah .They buy fake parts and thin its cheap, make dem try OEM parts after all raduauotos dey here now.
Yea.
BMW's got a whole lot of complexities built right into them hence the tales of unreliability, agreed...but not as bad as the thread suggests. Mercs, Porsches, Audis all fall in the same category.
I drive an e39 540i and e46 330ci...both are wonderful cars...i do not expect them to be a Camry or a Corolla...it is my opinion that they are much better cars because of the way they drive...they are more popular and hold much value in the motorsports community...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are BMW Cars Going Extinct On Nigerian Roads. by sooperrescue(m): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
erico2k2:

Very correct. I recently bought alternator for 2011 avensis for 100k. The owner has refused to pay and pick up the car. He has been blaming me for buying too high. He later called another Toyota dealer and they told him 200k for the same alternator.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook / Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! / Saudi Women Will Also Be Allowed To Drive Trucks & Motorbikes When Ban Is Lifted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.