Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,091 members, 7,852,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth (3397 Views)

Buhari Please Allow Ferma To Do Work The Rate Of Death In Our Roads Is Too Much / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, this is connected to this how? I don't see how it answers the same.

maybe you forgot your own ludicrous overgeneralization - Yeah right, like you have never looked out for fellow blacks when you find yourself surrounded by folks of other races . . . jeeezzz!!! Even people who go to china do that!! Now it is wrong for the dude to do that while in NIgeria?

Kobojunkie:

Now you have turned mind reader, great!!!

Its obvious in his write-up, did you even read it?

Finally in Calabar, I saw a white person. A white woman sat alone at the Marina Resort. Over four days in Nigeria, I had not seen a single white person, except Migo, of course. But I had thought about white people. Inching through the crazed urban chaos of Onitsha and Aba and Owerri and other cities, I imagined seeing just one white person living among the Nigerians.

It almost stood to reason by sheer numbers. Wouldn’t some white person among the billions on the planet choose to stake his or her life in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity? Wouldn’t at least one find a charm amid the abomination, some redeeming value, some worthiness?

I knew the answer was no. The question, really, was: Are we that far apart?
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
davidylan:

maybe you forgot your own ludicrous overgeneralization - Yeah right, like you have never looked out for fellow blacks when you find yourself surrounded by folks of other races . . . jeeezzz!!! Even people who go to china do that!! Now it is wrong for the dude to do that while in NIgeria?
Well, whatever you wish to term it, that is fine but in the real world, it is not OUT OF THE NORMAL for people to look out for others of their kind. They are not racist for doing it. It is part of what makes us human, even Animals do it.

My last trip to SA, I did it. I don't hate South Africans, but meeting other Nigerians there in the midst of all the foreign faces made me more comfortable!! Even while in college, surrounded by Black americans, I still longed to meet fellow Nigerians, does that then mean I hate black Americans?

If you do not do it, don't condemn others simply for not being like you. 

davidylan:

Its obvious in his write-up, did you even read it?
Finally in Calabar, I saw a white person. A white woman sat alone at the Marina Resort. Over four days in Nigeria, I had not seen a single white person, except Migo, of course. But I had thought about white people. Inching through the crazed urban chaos of Onitsha and Aba and Owerri and other cities, I imagined seeing just one white person living among the Nigerians.
It almost stood to reason by sheer numbers. Wouldn’t some white person among the billions on the planet choose to stake his or her life in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity? Wouldn’t at least one find a charm amid the abomination, some redeeming value, some worthiness?

WOW!!!  It is obvious that he, and every other person out there who longs to be among their kind, no matter where are what? RACISTS? ROFLMAO!!
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Exaggerated nonsense, from some redneck Yankee loser.
This is Africa. What was he expecting to see? He shouldn't come round this way again. He's lucky some of our trailers no total am angry
lololol
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, whatever you wish to term it, that is fine but in the real world, it is not OUT OF THE NORMAL for people to look out for others of their kind. They are not racist for doing it. It is part of what makes us human, even Animals do it.

My last trip to SA, I did it. I don't hate South Africans, but meeting other Nigerians there in the midst of all the foreign faces made me more comfortable!! Even while in college, surrounded by Black americans, I still longed to meet fellow Nigerians, does that then mean I hate black Americans?

If you do not do it, don't condemn others simply for not being like you. 
WOW!!!  It is obvious that he, and every other person out there who longs to be among their kind, no matter where are what? RACISTS? ROFLMAO!!

If you just stopped with the false exclamations, if you just stopped saying ROFLMAO long enough to actually comprehend what you read then you may just get the point. I have not said our dear fellow was wrong to look out for those of his kind. I simply noted the CONTEXT in which he says so and the QUESTION he closes his treatise with . . . read again - Finally in Calabar, I saw a white person. A white woman sat alone at the Marina Resort. Over four days in Nigeria, I had not seen a single white person, except Migo, of course. But I had thought about white people. Inching through the crazed urban chaos of Onitsha and Aba and Owerri and other cities, I imagined seeing just one white person living among the Nigerians.

His eventual conclusion (though not stated) can be gleaned in those concluding lines . . .

1. whites, unlike blacks, do NOT live in such "demented, chaotic, noisy, insane" conditions that blacks live.

2. Could this difference indicate an inherent genetic difference between whites and blacks that makes blacks an inferior race, unable to live in decent urban centers like whites?
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
hhhmmm . . . .

Are we(whites) that far apart(from these Nigerians who choose to stake theirs lives in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity)?

I knew the answer was no.

hhmmm     undecided
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hhhmmm . . . .

[size=13pt]Are we(whites) that far apart(from these Nigerians who choose to stake theirs lives in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity)?

I knew the answer was no. [/size]

hhmmm     undecided

you're being a mindreader here (something you hypocritically accused me of earlier).

Besides your own opinion of his write-up is FALSE. Read again - He is not talking about Nigerians who "choose to stake their lives" in these demented urban centers - his entire treatise here is that THIS IS A WAY OF LIFE FOR US. He is nowhere indicating that Nigerians have any choice AT ALL in choosing to live in the chaos. We have NO choice because we dont know any better.

Now the entire last 3 lines had NOTHING to do with Nigerians, rather he is speaking SPECIFICALLY about whites -

1. Are there whites here at all?

2. Would any white individual make a conscious choice to live in the insanity that is the typical black life (note he asks another set of whites what the was like across the border in Cameroun, the other white answers in the affirmative).

3. His conclusion is that . . . since whites obviously do not live in such insanity . . . could there be a validity to the theory that blacks may be genetically different from whites?

4. your conclusion makes no sense. If he is merely saying that whites are not that far away from blacks then why is he musing on why he cant find any whites willing to live in the chaos that is Nigeria?

That is what he is talking about, you can twist it however you want. The facts are BARE. That you did not even notice that tiny portion until i pointed it out is another problem. Too many people passing comments on poorly understood material, much of it not even read.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hhhmmm . . . .

Are we(whites) that far apart(from these Nigerians who choose to stake theirs lives in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity)?

hhmmm     undecided
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2010
This is kobojunkie's own twisted version . . . Nigerians who choose to stake theirs lives in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity

This is what the writer CLEARLY wrote . . . Wouldn’t some white person among the billions on the planet choose to stake his or her life in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity?

The writer is not interested in nigerians who "stake their lives in these demented areas . . . he believes that's who we are anyway. He is concerned with WHITES who choose to stake their lives (i.e. they are definitely not raised in such conditions hence the need for the hyperbole "stake their lives"wink.

[size=5pt]and understand[/size]
Read ^ before you post.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
lol . . . this is answer for the question which he made sure to state right after that . . .

You have on your own, chosen to read it upside down, and have quickly made yourself judge on this. The writer does not have to be directly interested in Nigerians, he was considering the situation in Nigeria for Nigerians when he asked the question . . . the same rode through Benin and Togo . . .
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol . . . this is answer for the question which he made sure to state right after that . . .

You have on your own, chosen to read it upside down, and have quickly made yourself judge on this.

Nonsensical. This was the question asked - Finally in Calabar, I saw a white person. A white woman sat alone at the Marina Resort. Over four days in Nigeria, I had not seen a single white person, except Migo, of course. But I had thought about white people. Inching through the crazed urban chaos of Onitsha and Aba and Owerri and other cities, I imagined seeing just one white person living among the Nigerians.
It almost stood to reason by sheer numbers. [size=13pt]Wouldn’t some white person among the billions on the planet choose to stake his or her life in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity?[/size] Wouldn’t at least one find a charm amid the abomination, some redeeming value, some worthiness?

He then answers the question . . .

But he concedes one thing . . . the only reason he thinks he's not likely to find any white person "choosing to stake his life" in the chaos and dementia that is black africa is simply that all races are really not that equal. He is simply smart enough to couch this in a rhetorical question - The question, really, was: Are we that far apart?

Understanding a comprehension passage is really not rocket science. I notice you cant say anything urself beyond regurgitating the same tired old indefensible dribble.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by bkbabe90(m): 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
otawa:

walking back to my hotel in Mahanttan, I nearly stepped on homeless man sleeping on the side walk among the garbage. welcome to America!

That homeless man coulda really been an "undercover agent"; u shoulda stepped on him to find out how we really roll in the NYC!!!
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by hercules07: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
@Kobo and David,

Please make una no hijack this thread now, I really enjoyed the guy's story, we should take it as it is, a guy describing what he saw, funnily enough, I will be travelling to Benin tomorrow, please wish me safe journey on that road o.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2010
hercules07:

@Kobo and David,

Please make una no hijack this thread now, I really enjoyed the guy's story, we should take it as it is, a guy describing what he saw, funnily enough, I will be travelling to Benin tomorrow, please wish me safe journey on that road o.

You are right . , I just get riled up when I see Nigerians projecting their insecurities on others, thinking that it how the world works.

Goodluck oo!!! You may want to read the guy's entry on Beniin to know what to expect if this is your first time . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You are right . , I just get riled up when I see Nigerians projecting their insecurities on others, thinking that it how the world works.

No you get riled up when folks pick apart the nonsensical drivel you pass on as posts . . . couched on in ROFLMAO and other childish exclamations. Insecurities in terms of what? I live and work among mostly whites . . . that isnt a problem. Its obvious you NEVER read the portion i posted, and then you tried to twist it to say what it didnt.

Kobojunkie:

Goodluck oo!!! You may want to read the guy's entry on Beniin to know what to expect if this is your first time . . . ROFLMAO!!

Stupid . . . been to Benin several times and have friends from there. you might want to keep quiet sometimes.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2010
Oh wow!!! now people who work with those from other races are never insecure . . . LOL
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh wow!!! now people who work with those from other races are never insecure . . . LOL

as is usual with the dense. Change the topic when you can no longer defend urself. That was not the issue . . . you are merely using the "insecurity" gag as a smokescreen for your own inability to wrap your mind around complex words.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2010
Defend myself? Why should I? You are the one coming up with the ridiculous connectionsc . . . you work around whites means you are not insecure . .  your own claim. I just commented on the silliness of it is all.

ROFLMAO!!

Don't worry about my oyinbo skills . . . worry more about yours!! I no need to understand too much oyinbo to know say you chose to read that just the way you wanted and not as it is written. The man did not tell you im be college professor. Everyone else read the same understand wetin im dey talk . . you come in come dey try psychoanalyze the man, and I am only trying to get you to see what you possibly can't is all.

score my english !! ROFLMAO!
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Defend myself? Why should I? You are the one coming up with the ridiculous connectionsc . . . you work around whites means you are not insecure . .  your own claim. I just commented on the silliness of it is all.

more foolishness. That was not the issue until you brought it up as a smokescreen to deflect from your own ability to draw conclusions on issues you havent even read.

Kobojunkie:

Don't worry about my oyinbo skills . . . worry more about yours!! I no need to understand too much oyinbo to know say you chose to read that just the way you wanted and not as it is written. The man did not tell you im be college professor. Everyone else read the same understand wetin im dey talk . .  you come in come dey try psychoanalyze the man, and I am only trying to get you to see what you possibly can't is all.

score my english !! ROFLMAO!

More nonsense. i wasnt psychoanalysing, simply putting his statements out there for blind folks like you who MISSED it even though you all went on passing comments on the article. Sometimes its best to FINISH READING an article before you just belch out statements.

lol you trying to get me to see what i couldnt? You mean from a portion that i had to point out to you? You mean youre struggling to force a context that IS NOT THERE so as to ALWAYS win an argument as that, not the validity of your claims, is what is most important to you?

I point out a classic example of your own vapidity - You said . . .  Nigerians who choose to stake theirs lives in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity

This is what the writer CLEARLY wrote . . . Wouldn’t some white person among the billions on the planet choose to stake his or her life in these demented urban centers, amid the noise and the garbage and the exhaust and the insanity?

Not to forget that as soon as this brainless error was pointed out you ran ahead and struck out the phrase "choose to" from the text. lol you now taking out HIS OWN WORDS to justify idiocy? A white person, who wont normally be Nigerian can "choose to" live in Nigeria or not. The average nigerian (outside those who run away to seek greener pastures) have no suc choice, they are BORN into it. The phrase "choose to" is what exposes your attempt to insert "nigerian" there as what the writer meant instead of "white person" as nothing but a FRAUD. No wonder you had to strike it out later.

When did a Nigerian become interchangeable with "white person"?
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by hercules07: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobo and David make una stop am now, we can pick out the salient points from what the guy experienced and see how we can turn things around. I have been to benin several times and have plied that road once in the last 8 months, they were upgrading it then sha, hopefully it is better now, the driving on that road sha no get part two.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2010
cool!
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by xterra2(m): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
I tried posting this comment above but it didnt work please someone should try posting it ;
----------
Well Mr if you dont like Nigeria leave or rather why the hell did you come to Nigeria, That was years ago and things are taking shape gradually
Nobody begged you to visit infact we dont even want you we dont want people like you,
Though some of this is actually true you were harsh on your write up and intend to potray Nigeria in Bad light Like i said things are taking shape Gradually we know this are not good everywhere and we dont need people like you to tell us in an un-truthful,mannerless and harsh way,
Not everything is correct here and i cannot but reject this writeup and i can see it was done to potray us in a bad light!!!
Have Fun Riding aroud the world
----------------------
And Hell he isnt the only rider that came to nigeria i read a dutch rider came to nigeria and he actually enjoyed it just last year he even on the lagos-(one highway that was conssesion to MMA2 owners ) was selling fuel he said it was nice and hoped that he would come back and also some american riders came here and were surprised about the Nigeria they saw Last year cus of its bad perception created outside thanks to this person

Im not saying nigeria is okay hell no! it isnt but not as bad as this man wrote he stayed for a short time and i stayed for decades and i dont fly like Iron Man i enter cars and Taxis
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by safariman(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2010
I don't think I read in the article any comments about numerous stops or road blocks by NPF
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by safariman(m): 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2010
The first pic with NIGERIA looks suspicious. Border crossings don't have signs like that
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Beaf: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2010
safariman:

The first pic with NIGERIA looks suspicious. Border crossings don't have signs like that

Nothing suspicious. There are several of our border crossings that are mere bush paths, I recall once after I'd just left school when there was a curfew, I was able to cross the border and return later in the day. The area I crossed wasn't even blessed with a sign board.

safariman:

I don't think I read in the article any comments about numerous stops or road blocks by NPF

He says he was not stopped. Police de fear oyibo.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by otawa: 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2010
You nearly stepped on a homeless man sleeping on the side walk among the garbage? What are you? Heartless?

NOPE.

shows you nothing new about what this biker wrote.

I would rather live in Ikoyi in Nigeria than in Bronx in America.

all that said, Nigeria do need fixing.
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2010
otawa:

NOPE. shows you nothing new about what this biker wrote.
So, you stepped on a homeless man, and that somehow means there is nothing new in what this biker wrote about stepping on homeless men or is it about walking with your eyes closed?
otawa:

I would rather live in Ikoyi in Nigeria than in Bronx in America.
So, you would rather live in Ikoyi in Nigeria than in Bronx in America because there are no homeless men for you to step on in Ikoyi Nigeria?
otawa:
all that said, Nigeria do need fixing.
Isn't that really the message from the start? What is with the injection of the portion where you (heartlessly by the way because you felt to brag about it or something) stepped on a homeless man? What the heck was the point of that? and how does it really relate to this?

@Oyinda was right, we really have problems discussing real issues as a people . . . someone speaks up about a problem and we immediately rush into defensive mode and feel to attack the person's home(even when we are not even sure where the dude is from, we attack)
Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by otawa: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, you stepped on a homeless man, and that somehow means there is nothing new in what this biker wrote about stepping on homeless men or is it about walking with your eyes closed?So, you would rather live in Ikoyi in Nigeria than in Bronx in America because there are no homeless men for you to step on in Ikoyi Nigeria? Isn't that really the message from the start? What is with the injection of the portion where you (heartlessly by the way because you felt to brag about it or something) stepped on a homeless man? What the heck was the point of that? and how does it really relate to this?

@Oyinda was right, we really have problems discussing real issues as a people . . . someone speaks up about a problem and we immediately rush into defensive mode and feel to attack the person's home(even when we are not even sure where the dude is from, we attack)

Open your eyes and read properly.

Re: A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
oh my bad !!!

HERE AGAIN  . . . modified . . .

So, you stepped nearly stepped on a homeless man, and that somehow means there is nothing new in what this biker wrote about nearly stepping on homeless men or is it about walking with your eyes closed?So, you would rather live in Ikoyi in Nigeria than in Bronx in America because there are no homeless men for you to step nearly step on in Ikoyi Nigeria? Isn't that really the message from the start? What is with the injection of the portion where you (heartlessly by the way because you felt to brag about it or something)  stepped nearly stepping on a homeless man?  What the heck was the point of that? and how does it really relate to this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Acn Rejects National Assembly Election Results In Kwara / Igbos Please Vote Wisely Come 2015 / Greedy Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.