Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country (1536 Views)

Shocking Confessions From Ex-boko Haram Who Converted To Christianity. Alleged Ibb Is The Major Spon / Shocking Confession From An Ex Boko Haram Alleged Ibb Is The Main Sponsor / Ibb Is Sick and admitted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
General Ibrahim B. Babangida (rtd) is the only aspirant that can solve the problems of this country whether economic, political, social or tribal.

The word IBB has been a misunderstood name for sometime In the political context of Nigeria. This gentleman, the former President and retired General has been vilified in some quarters because he has made known his intention to contest the 2011 general elections as elected President.

But what those who criticize him unfairly do not know is that General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd) is mortal. He has never claimed to know all. As mortals, we make mistakes and amend. A close study indicates that the states-man after leaving office seventeen years ago has immersed himself into wide reading. That is symbolical and synonymous with learning all over again.

If we look back with a reasonable mind, when he stepped into office in 1985 and stepped aside in 1993, a period of about nine years, he did so many things that gave the country a good footing. One, he did away with the tyranny and dictatorship before him. General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) is a listener. Any person that is a reader is a leader and listener. He was and still a listener. He carried everyone along and when a member of his cabinet didn’t perform, he was removed. His structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) that was introduced during his administration was not meant to punish the people as some speculated and assumed.

1. On the June 12 election of 1993, he has several times said, it was collective decision of the Army Forces Ruling Council (AFRC) and not individual decision. Many Personalities and those who participated in that Government has spoken in the media of how some meddled and insisted the election be annulled.

To the economic growth and developments measures in all sectors – he introduced short time policies like the establishment of National Directorate of Employment (NDE) which is still existing and skimming the unemployed youth in our midst. When he comes back, this Directorate would be improved upon. There was the Directorate of Food, Road and Rural Infrastructure. This, too has assumed a new name under the present Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Rural Infrastructure of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

The Peoples and Community Banks were established which helped alleviate problems of finances at the grassroots. Nigeria will certainly improve under a new Leadership of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). Nigeria will witness a new lease of life. His vast experience will unfold new economic blue print that will salvage Nigeria from economic doldrums. Once bitten, twice shy they say. He is calculative and when he must have assumed Leadership next year, he will be able, like he did before to collect more energetic, virile, sound intellectuals, who can change the course of things.

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) needs forgiveness and understanding from all Nigerians.

As for his comments on the youth, I believe he must have been misquoted. Since he spoke in Hausa on that British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Programme, many thought, he was castigating the youth. No! he said, youth should sit up more than what they are now to take over the Leadership and face the challenges. In Nigerian politics, there is always blackmail, this is one of them. After all, were the youth not those who participated in the IBB regime as Military administrators and ministers and touched the world?

2. Additionally, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) has the right under the Nigerian constitution to contest and be elected for, he has no criminal record, as far as I know and this is my rightful opinion.

Therefore, my view is that Nigerians and all Nigerians should stand up and support him. In old France, USA and Russia, history has it that retired Generals made more impact in governance, when elected into office, because of their training of discipline. Civilians were/ and more loose and Tended to see democracy as Jamboree, extravagance and a way to make money.

Today, our desire as concerned citizens is to see the country move forward. The vast network, the connections, the vast experience, the lessons, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) has gathered are assets, he will use to put the nation on the right path. Nigerians should not be deceived by June 12 and other mistakes made in the past. The man has adjusted and with the tragic blow he suffered, when he lost his life time partner, what a greater lesson, that life is not permanent.

General Ibrahim B. Babangida (rtd) is the only aspirant that can solve the problems of this country whether economic, political, social or tribal. We must fall back on his past to re-adjust the future. Let us mobilize ourselves, galvanize each other for IBB for President. His option A4 and two-party system have been recurring issues for debate in recent times. These two alone show how the man was visionary and focused. Next year, when he elected, he will build on these.

http://www.ngex.com
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by PeeDaVinci: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
@poster:i didnt bother to read your post coz i dont have time to go thru gibberish. just want to ask you a question based on the thread's title: wat if IBB dies? does this means Nigeria's problem will never be solved?? you may want to edit the title, replace the word "only" with "best" if that is the message you want to convey
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by oderemo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
you remind me of that idiot that is campaigning for I.b.b on ben TV. prince kassim afegbua.
boot lickers.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by jamace(m): 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2010
General Ibrahim B. Babangida (rtd) is the only aspirant that can solve the problems of this country whether economic, political, social or tribal.

Just like he did between 1985 and 1993. No be so? grin grin
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by darqly(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2010
Headers like these really crack me up. So ONLY Ibb can heal Nigeria,he's the cure-all abi? What about you? Can't you serve Nigeria? Leadership is all about service,and if you assert that ibb is the ONLY ONE,then you shortchange the rest of us who actually pause to read stuff before we POST.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by oderemo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2010
na wa oh, you cant say i.d.i.ot anymore. grin grin
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
You do not have to buy it; this is simply the way I see it.
Instead of crying, why not go ahead and make your recommendation known?

I dislike f0olishness, pin heads should be shot.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
You dey mad!
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by oderemo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
I dislike f0olishness, pin heads should be shot.
just like your mentor did for dele,vatsa, shall i continue.
ignoramus blood.klat. ewu goat.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
I have already gotten used to campaigns like these.

It seems to me that for as long as IBB lives he will remain a Presidential candidate and BigB1 will always be at the vanguard of this.

Its a life time position folks, maga must pay. Folks get used to it.

I am ready to see campaigns like these again from BigB1 in 2014 claiming IBB is the only solution to all our problems.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2010
just like your mentor did for dele,vatsa, shall i continue.
ignoramus blood.klat. ewu goat.
Thank you, brother.

IBB will rule again.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
@mikeansy:
What can I tell you?
I can only be me; I proudly stand firmly by my belief.
Nigeria will be a better place if 5% of the population shares my attitude about things in geneal.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Kaestro(m): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2010
How sure are you to know this? Dude, I think its very ignorant to come up with such statements "ONLY". If you don't know me wait until you see my posters I can very well solve the problems of this country. cool
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by oderemo(m): 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
was it not  the great Benjamin Disreali that says in 1804-81,that ; assassination has never changed the history of the world;
how i wished the Okah coup prove him wrong.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2010
How sure are you to know this? Dude, I think its very ignorant to come up with such statements "ONLY". If you don't know me wait until you see my posters I can very well solve the problems of this country

Here comes another genius
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by philip0906(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
i just want 2 take it dat d op wants 2 engage us in a discussion else. . . grin grin
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ poster, how much did they pay you undecided
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Scream(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
, pretending he is contender, he knows that he has got nothing to offer the country! He has said that the Nigerian economy has defiled all his curative measures. But you and I know that others are trying and there are signs. And come to think of it, he beleives that u, the poster is an i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e and you are confirming it.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by redsun(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2010
The only place for IBB is nigerian dungeon called jail or death by drowning,by tying his hands and legs and throwing him into the river niger.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Katsumoto: 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
Big B1:

@mikeansy:
What can I tell you?
I can only be me; I proudly stand firmly by my belief.
Nigeria will be a better place if 5% of the population shares my attitude about things in geneal.

You mean you stand by your pay packet? Only a paid brown noser or a deluded fool would vote for IBB talkless of campaining for him.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by ziyaun: 5:28am On Jul 14, 2010
God punish u mr. poster. hopeless idiot u, even clinton didnt come back to contest in america to bring the nation out of d problems they are facing now but u want ibb back in power after all the ppl he killed,after ruining the whole country.worthless fool
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2010
b1 earnestly asks for ibb
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
@ziyaun:
God is already punishing you and your entire family; bush-boy.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by DaddyO(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2010
He who the devil wants to destroy he first makes mad. Watch how/where IBB will end up before the end of Next year!! It'll be one less obstacle to our collective progress,
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by tpn: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
You are just sick and stupid for even thinking of posting this rubbish you just did.
Is it the IBB the coward,clueless and irresponsible man.
Its only nigerians that are giving him the opportunity to insult them the more.stupid idiot.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by hbabe(f): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2010
IBB already had his chance and I am sure we have many other Nigerians who want to have a go at 'solving' our problems. Our main problem is corruption and I am sure IBB is the wrong candidate to assist us.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Sauron1: 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
Big B1:

The word IBB has been a misunderstood name for sometime In the political context of Nigeria. This gentleman, the former President and retired General has been vilified in some quarters because he has made known his intention to contest the 2011 general elections as elected President.

But what those who criticize him unfairly do not know is that General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd) is mortal. He has never claimed to know all. As mortals, we make mistakes and amend. A close study indicates that the states-man after leaving office seventeen years ago has immersed himself into wide reading. That is symbolical and synonymous with learning all over again.

If we look back with a reasonable mind, when he stepped into office in 1985 and stepped aside in 1993, a period of about nine years, he did so many things that gave the country a good footing. One, he did away with the tyranny and dictatorship before him. General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) is a listener. Any person that is a reader is a leader and listener. He was and still a listener. He carried everyone along and when a member of his cabinet didn’t perform, he was removed. His structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) that was introduced during his administration was not meant to punish the people as some speculated and assumed.

1. On the June 12 election of 1993, he has several times said, it was collective decision of the Army Forces Ruling Council (AFRC) and not individual decision. Many Personalities and those who participated in that Government has spoken in the media of how some meddled and insisted the election be annulled.

To the economic growth and developments measures in all sectors – he introduced short time policies like the establishment of National Directorate of Employment (NDE) which is still existing and skimming the unemployed youth in our midst. When he comes back, this Directorate would be improved upon. There was the Directorate of Food, Road and Rural Infrastructure. This, too has assumed a new name under the present Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Rural Infrastructure of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

The Peoples and Community Banks were established which helped alleviate problems of finances at the grassroots. Nigeria will certainly improve under a new Leadership of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). Nigeria will witness a new lease of life. His vast experience will unfold new economic blue print that will salvage Nigeria from economic doldrums. Once bitten, twice shy they say. He is calculative and when he must have assumed Leadership next year, he will be able, like he did before to collect more energetic, virile, sound intellectuals, who can change the course of things.

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) needs forgiveness and understanding from all Nigerians.

As for his comments on the youth, I believe he must have been misquoted. Since he spoke in Hausa on that British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Programme, many thought, he was castigating the youth. No! he said, youth should sit up more than what they are now to take over the Leadership and face the challenges. In Nigerian politics, there is always blackmail, this is one of them. After all, were the youth not those who participated in the IBB regime as Military administrators and ministers and touched the world?

2. Additionally, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) has the right under the Nigerian constitution to contest and be elected for, he has no criminal record, as far as I know and this is my rightful opinion.

Therefore, my view is that Nigerians and all Nigerians should stand up and support him. In old France, USA and Russia, history has it that retired Generals made more impact in governance, when elected into office, because of their training of discipline. Civilians were/ and more loose and Tended to see democracy as Jamboree, extravagance and a way to make money.

Today, our desire as concerned citizens is to see the country move forward. The vast network, the connections, the vast experience, the lessons, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd) has gathered are assets, he will use to put the nation on the right path. Nigerians should not be deceived by June 12 and other mistakes made in the past. The man has adjusted and with the tragic blow he suffered, when he lost his life time partner, what a greater lesson, that life is not permanent.

General Ibrahim B. Babangida (rtd) is the only aspirant that can solve the problems of this country whether economic, political, social or tribal. We must fall back on his past to re-adjust the future. Let us mobilize ourselves, galvanize each other for IBB for President. His option A4 and two-party system have been recurring issues for debate in recent times. These two alone show how the man was visionary and focused. Next year, when he elected, he will build on these.

http://www.ngex.com

I agree 100% with this article.
IBB isn't exactly a perfect man but i will vote for him before the other Nigerian apes in Agbada.
He is the best among the hosts of Politicians left in Nigeria.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by desgiezd(m): 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2010
@ Topic

Yes ooo, just as he solved it in 1985 - 1993 that we are now enjoying the bitter fruits from his regime till today.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by desgiezd(m): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2010
embarassed embarassed
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
MARK IT DOWN, if it isn't IBB, it will be a complete waste of time.
This is not science, to rule this country at this very vital time, you need balls, you need powerful followers, you need stamina, you need wisdom and more than anything else, you need to lose something if things are not done accordingly.
This is why IBB is a perfect candidate. Stop fooling yourselves, be smart and study what is on the ground in Nigeria; this isn't America or UK.
If you want to experience quick improvement in Nigeria, the biggest fish must be elected, it's that simple.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2010
Big B1:

MARK IT DOWN, if it isn't IBB, it will be a complete waste of time.
This is not science, to rule this country at this very vital time, you need balls, you need powerful followers, you need stamina, you need wisdom and more than anything else, you need to lose something if things are not done accordingly.
This is why IBB is a perfect candidate. Stop fooling yourselves, be smart and study what is on the ground in Nigeria; this isn't America or UK.
If you want to experience quick improvement in Nigeria, the biggest fish must be elected, it's that simple.

ok fine. . . .let's leave sentiment out of it.he has been there before for 8 years,what did he achieve and what difference is he going to make if he's given another opportunity.
Re: Ibb Is Still The Only Aspirant That Can Solve The Problems O F This Country by BigB11(m): 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2010
There has never been any sentiment, and this is what people refuse to understand about me.
If you can get me anyone else that has these qualities (to rule this country at this very vital time, you need balls, you need powerful followers, you need stamina, you need wisdom and more than anything else, you need to lose something if things are not done accordingly) and I'll be the first dude to jump on the bus

What you guys refuse to understand is: Nigeria is a weird country. It must be treated with common sense. And it becomes very difficult to use common sense without fully understanding what is on the ground.

Nigeria is not UK or America, if we want to be back on the map quickly the biggest fish who has too much to lose if things are not done correctly needs to be elected.
At this time in Nigeria, General Ibrahim B. Babangida (rtd) is the only aspirant that can solve the problems of this country whether economic, political, social or tribal.
If you know anyone else please post his or her name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asari's Explosive Interview / Why Buhari Should Never Be Made President- To Spend $15billion On Fg Industries. / Egyptian Muslims Standing Up For Egyptian Coptic Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.