Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President (1540 Views)

Nairalanders...can You Bet This Amount Of Money On Buhari Or GEJ? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Ibb Endorses Ribadu For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by BigB11(m): 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
Yes, it's me, Big B1.
I was @ Onikan earlier today with a friend to make fun of AC N party, but when I got there something magnificent occurred, which gave me no other choice but to join hands with my brothers and sisters to build a better nation.

Now is the right time, let us all come together as one to rescue this country and build a better future.

Nigeria is a great country that is blessed with more than enough.
If we love this country and we truly want to move forward to greatness, one of these candidates must be elected.

Please vote Buhari or Ribadu for president.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
Good thing you are not a gambling man, Big Bee, or you'd have lost your fortune on the horses and dogs many, many moons ago. If there is one theme you have harped on ever since Jesus played full back for Jerusalem United, that would be your odd conviction that mega-criminal and former Nigerian military dictator Ibrahim Babangida was the ONLY living human eligible, in your opinion, to rule and ruin Nigeria.

Yes sir, Big Bee, I do clearly recall reading your lavish praise for Babangida, one of Nigeria's most prolific and reckless treasury looters, with a mixture of amusement and wonder, knowing how thoroughly despised the object of your fawning adulation remains to the vast majority of Nigerians who remember the rapacious Babangida years as a fragile political tipping point beyond which Nigeria damned near imploded.

Now that Ibrahim Babangida has hobbled away into well deserved obscurity and undeserved impunity for his life of crime, the career praise singers, led with admirable pluck by your good self, have launched into a discordant anthem in support of the northern Nigerian Islamic Agenda, memorably furthered by Babangida during his dictatorship, when he secretly inducted Nigeria into the Organization of Islamic Nations.

Without question, Jonathan Goodluck WILL win the upcoming Nigerian presidential election by overwhelming margins that will leave Ayatollah Buhari, the current losing horse you enthusiastically endorse, spluttering in the dust and wondering what on earth happened. Have a nice day sir.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by okosodo: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2011
That is your own unpopular opinion
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jarus(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2011
Personally speaking, I'm for this.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Colonia(m): 9:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
I just have one question. What has PDP done so far ? we need a change in this country. Unless we want the same set of people to be in power.(OBJ etc) If we refuse to nip it in the bud asap , we will still be talking about this in next 10 years. Let  us all think about our future. Peace!
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by BigB11(m): 1:07am On Jan 15, 2011
It isn't about IBB or the almighty Big B1, it's all about Nigeria and all Nigerians. We've got to try another direction. Too many kids are suffering, it is our responsibility to get it right this time around.

Trust me. Buhari or Ribadu, anything else will be a complete fraud and waste of money.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 5:39am On Jan 15, 2011
Well this time around, as with the last time, the Almighty Big Bee is making one almighty tactical misjudgement by backing a card-carrying BORN LOSER.   His blind support for uber criminal and Evil Genius Babangida was curious yet understandable in a country known for purchased political support, but when the Big Bee switched mid-stream from the sinking back of a drowning Babangida, to the DEAD and inflated floating corpse of Ayatollah Buhari, it became clear that the raging river of change currently cascading through the Nigerian political landscape would very soon leave no earthly trace of Babangida, Buhari AND all their paid cheer-leaders.

Your heart is in the right place, Big Bee, and you are a good man, but I sayeth verily unto thee that NOW is the time to abandon ship and DEPART the floating cadaver of Ayatollah Buhari before its rancid odor plume starts to attract hungry crocodiles.  Conclusively, the time is NOW, for you to lend your  support the MAIN MAN of the hour who stands on the shoreline - the man whose sheer momentum is now simply unstoppable.   That's right buddy, I'm talking about Johnny B. Goodluck, Nigeria's next president, and NOT those partially submerged dinosaurs tumbling downstream from a dead and gone dark era of bloodthirsty dictatorship and kleptomania that is NEVER going to return.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^ I am for change and Goodluck is anti-Change. Yes, not a bad idea to have an Islamic Zealot in office to shake things up a bit. muhahahahaha!!
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 6:54am On Jan 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I am for change and Goodluck is anti-Change. Yes, not a bad idea to have an Islamic Zealot in office to shake things up a bit. muhahahahaha!!

No chit.  For those hoping one day to witness women being stoned to death on Nigerian streets by screaming mobs, vote for Ayatollah Buhari, the last living proponent expousing that sadistic philosophy of jungle "justice" to run for elected office.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by sochan: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Where is the evidence to support the above comment?

If it is change, I am tired of having the north in power, let it remain down south for another 30yrs. That for me represents change.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Steadyangel(f): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2011
Dr. GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN 2011 PRESIDENT (PDP), ever president
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 15, 2011
Buhari, Ribadu or Jonathan?

Buhari: He belongs to the generation of recycled "leaders" who had been runing the show from independence until now. We want a change and a shift. I think he is a good man, but I also think he will do great as commander of a battalion in war front than as a President.

Ribadu: He should have gone to his state and make a difference fisrt or better go to the senate.

Jonathan: At this moment in time is my choice.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by redsun(m): 11:33am On Jan 15, 2011
As if GEJ did made any difference in his state before he had a go at the presidency.The only notable difference he made was his wife being caught with millions of unaccountable dollars that she still haven't accounted for till this day.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by redsun(m): 11:45am On Jan 15, 2011
The experiences a seasoned nigerian politician like OBJ have to offer are how to rig elections and how to loot the state treasury
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by bencobenz(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
Years ago, our fathers sold their conscience (vote) for a piece of meat. Today, we the children are suffering the consequence of their decision.
The only thing PDP can offer is corruption. Recycling of old, career politicians is in their blood. That is not what we need now as a nation, we need someone who can bring the nation back to the path of integrity and honour. That man is Nuhu Ribadu. He is not the Messiah Nigeria needed but he will surely bring the change we all crave for.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2011
Now I finally realized that this Jakumo of village headmaster fame (trying to always impress with his big words) is a supporter of GEJ. No wonder you have been posting every where, calling Buhari a fundametalist. I am sure you are the ghost writer for gej on facebook. Bloody Christian Fundamentalist you, always playing up religion in all your discourse. You are nothing but a fanatical, corrupt man - for supporting a corrupt party and personality called Jonathan. Funny enough, I can't find anywhere you have laid down GEJ achievements. I have even said in a different fora all the wrongs he has done, yet you refused to be join this issue but prefer to spreading religious sentiments all over nairaland.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
Safari I do thank you kindly for your presumption that I would qualify as a ghost writer for our esteemed president, but please let me correct one misconception in your last comment.

I am not a Christian.  I wordship Ogun, the God of Iron, and I head a shrine deep in the forest where sacrificial offerings of mad dogs are made regularly.  My deity abhors Taliban fundamentalists of Buhari's ilk, and as such I consider it a SACRED DUTY to ensure that Ayatollah Buhari is duly served a steaming hot platter of dog crap, when Nigeria's upcoming election results are announced.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
Oh, you be Ogun Fundamentalist grin! That makes you worse! How come you speak English. If you want to remain backward with ogun worship, you should have remained a totally native yoruba speaker, and close your mind to western influence.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by yeswecan(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Oh, you be Ogun Fundamentalist grin! That makes you worse! How come you speak English. If you want to remain backward with ogun worship, you should have remained a totally native yoruba speaker, and close your mind to western influence.

You are either Buhari himself or a Sharia advocate fighting for a course. You have failed - you also labeled me a christian fundamentalist - funny dude

@OP

I will prefer Ribadu - he would be a breath of fresh air
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ogun is widely worshipped here in Brazil, and none of us speak Yoruba, though I do wish to master a few cuss words in all Nigeria's main languages some day.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by mrblack: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
9ja na today yansh dey for back/wetin PDP don do for your family or nigeria?more troubles and alot of suffering for country people,
how do we expect change from just only one party that rig election and make it do or die for only them to remain in power, yet we still expect change from them,
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan

Oh, Finally, you have a candidate. You impressed me, Ribadu. Ok. Good, Southwest votes will get him there. we wait.

@ Jakumo

You are in Brazil, a brazillian, or where are you from? Wondering wether you missed you way to nairaland. I dont understand how come you know GEJ. I guess you are one of the mushroom diaspora group supporting him over there grin
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan:

You are either Buhari himself or a Sharia advocate fighting for a course. You have failed - you also labeled me a christian fundamentalist - funny dude

Buhari can only write in Arabic, and his entire cranial cavity contains nothing but religious chants, therefore it is safe to assume that Ayatollah Buhari is incapable of making any posts on an English speaking website.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
can someone get this brazillian Jakumo off nairaland! Go to your Ogun in the forest.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by johndoe200: 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan:

I think he is one of those paid supporters that pop up at times like this and vanish when they find that their message is too stupid and brainless to be believed.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Jakumo(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2011
You flatter me, gentlemen, but I relish the attention given to my message that Nigeria must NEVER be ruled by fundamentalist zealots like Buhari the Chimpanzee of Kutuwenji.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by johndoe200: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

can someone get this brazillian Jakumo off nairaland! Go to your Ogun in the forest.

Hmmmmmmmmm,  You supposedly joined 3 days ago and you are so comfortable and assured that you are calling for people to be removed?

Do you think we are silly? You and your backers really need to stop boring us with the poo you post. GEJ is our president now and will be for 8 more years.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Johndoe

GEJ is our president now and will be for 8 more years.

This statement of yours shows how crazy you are! Inept like GEJ, corrupt like GEJ. I have always been a nairalander. had to come back with another username after a long time when i visited recently and I see how people like jakumo are propagating lies on Buhari! I am a christian but i will not stand and watch people tag a man islamic fundamentalist because they have nothing bad to qualify him with.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
Any body voting Buhari should consider it carefully o.

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by yeswecan(m): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA joined 3 days ago and 100% of his post are rants for Buhari . At least he should have other interest like football, business, romance etc. I feel sorry for him because this is NL and we cannot be deceived.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by safariSA: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
Keep posting lies, only daft people will believe that news someone just posted. And I have no other interest for now, except politics and my SAP job.

I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

Is that the statement you are believing, a fiction writer will know that was cooked up by a corrupt reporter.
Re: For A Better Future For Our Country Pls Vote Buhari Or Ribadu For President by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Keep posting lies, only daft people will believe that news someone just posted. And I have no other interest for now, except politics and my SAP job.

I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

Is that the statement you are believing, a fiction writer will know that was cooked up by a corrupt reporter.

I guess that you were there on that day?
Please, what did Buhari say exactly?

(1) (2) (Reply)

N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan / More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola / 70% Northern Leaders Support Boko Haram-Sara-Igbe From Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.