Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph (35071 Views)

Wike Is Set To Broker Obi-Kwankwaso Ticket On LP - New Telegraph / SW Leaders Put Pressure On Osinbajo To Step Down For Tinubu / Buhari VS Atiku: How States Will Vote - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by DMerciful(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2018
Right from the days of John the Baptist the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violents taketh it by force. They cannot be neutral and watch the nation burn
Sharon6:
The way pastors are getting themselves involved in politics these days ehn, na wa! Why can't pastors remain pastor and mind their church business?

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by tunary(m): 9:00am On Oct 13, 2018
I thought as much

Atiku alone can never change the mind of obj except with the help of religious leaders
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by capitalzero: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2018
wristbangle:

Bros,

Without hype, you are not just intelligent but smart and possess intellectual eloquence.

OBJ's grip is no longer significance in his home-town (Ibogun) let alone Ogun state. Those rallying around him thought he still possess strong political enigma which has dwindled to relegation zone.

That being said, the USA is sneaky and understands what is on ground. They would remain on stealth mode about the corruption case filed against Atiku but assumes he wins and step his foot on American soil, being a president won't cut it for them as he may be placed behind bars for investigation & trials. Is this the disgrace Nigerians are willing to take? This will further compound our international reputation.

If Atiku becomes president,he will enter US on diplomatic passport. Holders of diplomatic passport enjoy immunity in international soil except on cases of terrorism and related issues. Besides, personally I do not want nigeria leaders visit such foreign leaders. visiting usa with thousands is a waste of resources. let them come to us.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by DMerciful(m): 9:02am On Oct 13, 2018
They cannot deny him entry to United Nations. Though it's in New York, it's a neutral territory
einsteine:

The US cannot arrest a president. Stop getting carried away. The highest is to deny him entry. Even diplomats are deported rather than arrested.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by boxypane(m): 9:08am On Oct 13, 2018
The corruption report by the US on Atiku claimed that the US Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, chaired by Senator Carl Levin, reported that Atiku used offshore companies to siphon millions of dollars to Jennifer, while still the vice president of Nigeria between 2000 and 2008.

The APC further stated that then President George Bush had on the strength of the report, barred Atiku and other corrupt politically-exposed persons from being issued visa to the US, a reason for which he has been unable to travel to that country till date.

SOME DULLARDS DO NOT SEE THIS AS CORRUPTION...
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by BestDude: 9:09am On Oct 13, 2018
ollah2:

Lol, if Buhari is a hypocrite what would you call Obasanjo? He is worst of them all, bottom line is they are all hypocrites.

Or is it Oyedepo that isn't a hypocrite? Did he attack Fulani and Muslims? Why is he supporting another Muslim Fulani candidate when there are several southern Christian candidate? I'm dead sure you don't have a problem with that.

Oga shut it please. Oyedepo was on about the killings and Buhari's way of handling national affair.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 13, 2018
BUHARI!.... that redundant dude is the rubbishest thing I ever wasted my vote on.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Strech(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2018
Sharon6:
The way pastors are getting themselves involved in politics these days ehn, na wa! Why can't pastors remain pastor and mind their church business?

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
so you mean they should fold their arms and allow dulladinho wide out their church members abi?
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by toprealman: 9:13am On Oct 13, 2018
post=72036416:
Sai Baba we know.

Sai Baba we want

Yes Daddy......

We are with you sir
You are on your own!
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Psoul(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:
The things I read online sometimes.

There are a lot of stories inside this one story,but let us start with the reconciliation between Obasanjo and Atiku.

[b]I have been called a political novice here a couple of time[/b]s,and since i am always open to learning, I want somebody here to educate me on how the reconciliation of Obasanjo and Atiku is beneficial to Atiku's aspiration on wanting to be the President?

Can Obasanjo deliver Ogun State,nay the West to Atiku?truth is, Obasanjo should be grateful Atiku reconciled with him, or else,he would have been a political nobody after this election cycle.

To those peddling the Obasanjo is trying to lobby the US to lift the Visa ban( if really he has) on Atiku, I have this to tell you.

There is a reason the US is not a member of OPEC,Commonwealth of Nations, never contribute Soldiers to UN peace keeping missions and a host of other things. They do not like being told what to do.

If the US has a case against Atiku, Obasanjo does not have the power to influence the US to do anything. Who is he? Let me use a little point to buttress what I am saying.

For those that have dealt with the US as regards filing for Visas for family members before. If the US suspects your application, or if you share a common name with some people of interest (happens to mostly Muslim people)they will put it into what is called an ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING(AP) and tell you they want to look into it.

AP can take anywhere from a DAY to many YEARS.

When a case is AP. Even the President of the United States by law, does not have the power to influence, bend or force the State Department to rush or take a favorable or unfavorable decision concerning that application.

If the President of the United States can't influence decisions in his own country, who is Obasanjo to influence a US internal matter?

U seem to have confirmed again the political novice you alleged you have severally bn called.

You want us to believe that Atiku-Obj reconciliation has no political value to Atiku.
As a political novice, you won't see the value but as a political experts, Atiku, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Adebayo, other African Heads of States and many high profile politicians saw the value and pressed Obj to soft pedal.
Don't you think you are a political novice to think that these people are fools by running after Obj for this reconciliation?

Secondly, you talked about Obj mediating for Atiku US visa. You said it's a mission impossible for US to listen to this plea by sighting example with an ordinary citizen seeking for visa.
I don't know if u have ever heard of International Politics, International Relationship (Business and Political)?
Based on the above, countries tend to softpedal on some their policies/punishments on another country they have such cordial relationship with. That is why US can release a Nigerian Criminal to Nigerian Government for him/her to be tried and prosecute in Nigeria where the punishment may be light after the President of the country had discuss with the country holding such a criminal. Why do some countries swerve hostages? When those country head talked to themselves and agree, they implement it.

US has business interest in Nigeria and there is a long existing cordial relationship btw the two. It is not impossible that Obj with other high profile men can mediate and secure visa for Atiku, the incoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Heartbeat of African Continent. Don't compare this with an everyday citizen seeking for US visa who may not be of any political or business important to America.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Premiumwriter: 9:13am On Oct 13, 2018
wristbangle:

Bros,

Without hype, you are not just intelligent but smart and possess intellectual eloquence.

OBJ's grip is no longer significance in his home-town (Ibogun) let alone Ogun state. Those rallying around him thought he still possess strong political enigma which has dwindled to relegation zone.

That being said, the USA is sneaky and understands what is on ground. They would remain on stealth mode about the corruption case filed against Atiku but assumes he wins and step his foot on American soil, being a president won't cut it for them as he may be placed behind bars for investigation & trials. Is this the disgrace Nigerians are willing to take? This will further compound our international reputation.
no one can arrest another country's head of state.

And if it happens, I'll personally pick up arms.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Premiumwriter: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2018
Nels55:
Dear Hungerbad, this will be my first time of replying your statement.. With all due respect you sound like a young person or an ignorant person..
Have ever bothered to understand why every single president seeks obj endorsement?

Even Gej advised Atiku and even called him boss of all bosses ..I liked the fact that you are open to learning , will give you a bit of lecture..

Nigeria as well as many countries are still under the influence of the world powers and these influence is so strong .. Now in every of these influenced countries, the world powers have what i call intels , they provide the whole intelligence needed by the world powers for that country.. Now in Nigeria, Obj is the chief intel.. Only top first class nigerians knows this and what he can do with it..

Let me put it this way, Obj used it to ban atiku from the US..
conspiracy theory gangs yaff cum again

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Slimpotter(m): 9:23am On Oct 13, 2018
IamD18:
If only pastors will remain pastors only.

As in..... I'm still looking for how religious leaders contribute to national development, other than deceiving their congregants.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by eaglez(m): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2018
Me too as one of the who is who in this country pressurize Obasanjo to forgive Atiku.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by NeuroBoss(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2018
They just have to put Pastor Kumuyi there to give it credibility and reduce the backlash on Oyedepo. If Pastor Kumuyi is seen with any leader, I know it is not for anything political. He is a man of God that one can still trust.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Christianvoice: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2018
The church must not keep quiet
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Charly68: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2018
Thank God for Atiku's wisdom,it is through wisdom that Nigeria can be governed.. Anything short of this is arrant nonsense. Buhari has not been firm & pragmatic in his management style..tolerate nonsense even from his kitchen cabinet members ,we need a ruler that will be fully in charge of Governance not the one that will be paying lip service in addressing national issues .
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by signeddocuments: 9:47am On Oct 13, 2018
Stop associating the name of Kumuyi with renowned thieves.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by zicoraads: 9:50am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD, it can be waived. Modi, the current Prime Minister of India had a worse case, but it was waived and he was allowed entry. To the US, it's about interest. Once they feel their interest will be served, they can do almost anything.

And for OBJ, it had long been rumored that he was a member of the CIA. Someone like OBJ and IBB still possess a particular power we will never be sure of. IBB can't even tell the people around Top Hill, Minna who to vote for. But almost every aspirant still flies over to see him. We have other former presidents who are still alive, so why always those two?

Atiku will be granted that visa courtesy of those two.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Philinho(m): 9:56am On Oct 13, 2018
IamD18:
If only pastors will remain pastors only.
So that evil will multiply abi? You ....
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Dotng: 9:58am On Oct 13, 2018
wristbangle:

Bros,

Place a Nigerian President behind bars? You think Nigeria is Panama? The US will be very careful to place even any of our former presidents behind powers. Do you know the reversals it will have on their influence in Africa? You need to school yourself more on how global diplomacy is carried out. You do not want to poke the bear.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Ayed44: 10:02am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

There are a lot of stories inside this one story,but let us start with the reconciliation between Obasanjo and Atiku.

I have been called a political novice here a couple of times,and since i am always open to learning, I want somebody here to educate me on how the reconciliation of Obasanjo and Atiku is beneficial to Atiku's aspiration on wanting to be the President?

Can Obasanjo deliver Ogun State,nay the West to Atiku?truth is, Obasanjo should be grateful Atiku reconciled with him, or else,he would have been a political nobody after this election cycle.

To those peddling the Obasanjo is trying to lobby the US to lift the Visa ban( if really he has) on Atiku, I have this to tell you.

There is a reason the US is not a member of OPEC,Commonwealth of Nations, never contribute Soldiers to UN peace keeping missions and a host of other things. They do not like being told what to do.

If the US has a case against Atiku, Obasanjo does not have the power to influence the US to do anything. Who is he? Let me use a little point to buttress what I am saying.

For those that have dealt with the US as regards filing for Visas for family members before. If the US suspects your application, or if you share a common name with some people of interest (happens to mostly Muslim people)they will put it into what is called an ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING(AP) and tell you they want to look into it.

When a case is AP. Even the President of the United States by law, does not have the power to influence, bend or force the State Department to rush or take a favorable or unfavorable decision concerning that application.

If the President of the United States can't influence decisions in his own country, who is Obasanjo to influence a US internal matter?

This is obviously beyond some people. U don't expect Obasanjo to help u canvas for votes from house to house, or from village to village.
But please take this from me: Obasanjo is d ear of d international community in Nigeria. Any presidential candidate Obasanjo presents to d world powers will win d election.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:02am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

I have been called a political novice here a couple of times,and since i am always open to learning, I want somebody here to educate me on how the reconciliation of Obasanjo and Atiku is beneficial to Atiku's aspiration on wanting to be the President?

Who is Obasanjo ?? You are really a novice, a former head of state, 2 term President of Nigeria, AU chairman during his tenure, current first African Chairman of World Ex Leaders, you really don’t have respect for Obasanjo, your Tinubu self no fit get level reach Jonathan ( EX PRESIDENT ) no EX THUGS , do more reading and research when you want to post next time, nairaland shouldn’t be for kids born in the late 90s and 200s

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Venici: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2018
Abdul315:
fela Don talk am obj go use old politician way spoil Nigeria bfr still use dem scatter naija
Let's sing!
No be outside Buhari dey ...craze man
Na craze man be that .... craze man
Animal in craze man skin
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by dechar(m): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

Have u ever ask yourself why do they always go to him.Guy everything got under world power
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by hucienda: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2018
einsteine:

The US cannot arrest a president. Stop getting carried away. The highest is to deny him entry. Even diplomats are deported rather than arrested.

Thought 'was the only one that saw that.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by idanone(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:
The things I online sometimes.

I was just forced to talk,who is obasanjo in your mouth? He is not a saint but more influential than any president in Nigeria dead or alive,he is possible he lose Ogun state but he can never lose value in Nigeria and oversea,a man who has work with most of the influential president on Africa soil dead or alive,a man with international appointment, a man that was telling Jonathan that he will nominate him for international appointment, let me even say this do u know what it take to b influential at all.let me just say dis to you I don't think tinubu has ever giving speech out side Nigeria. Dr obj ebora owu is nobody father mate,even abasanjo daughter okonjo lweala is more influential Dan buhari

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Emmybweb9: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2018
Na wa
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by djon78(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2018
Nels55:
Dear Hungerbad, this will be my first time of replying your statement.. With all due respect you sound like a young person or an ignorant person..
Have ever bothered to understand why every single president seeks obj endorsement?

Even Gej advised Atiku and even called him boss of all bosses ..I liked the fact that you are open to learning , will give you a bit of lecture..

Nigeria as well as many countries are still under the influence of the world powers and these influence is so strong .. Now in every of these influenced countries, the world powers have what i call intels , they provide the whole intelligence needed by the world powers for that country.. Now in Nigeria, Obj is the chief intel.. Only top first class nigerians knows this and what he can do with it..

Let me put it this way, Obj used it to ban atiku from the US..

Don't mind most of them, they think it is just the normal thing they see!!

The whole international community is seriously worried about Nigerias 2019 election.
Buharis undoing is that instead of him to unite the Nation, he became very divisive. Nigeria has never been divided like this.
Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by Bar1941(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2018
HungerBAD:

Those that are calling you political novice could be right afterall, for you to have downgraded what impact OBJ can have that much, remember in 1999 he was not voted for un most Southwest states yet he emerged the president. Atiku and others that are going to him are veterans in the game, if he's not useful they wount waste their time on him, even as influential as Tinubu is in S/west, he met with him in 2015 over Buhari's matter.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: How Kumuyi, Oyedepo, African Leaders Put Pressure On Obj - New Telegraph by emmasege: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2018
lloyds:
The interpretation of what Oyedepo is doing is that he is saying that Atiku is God's choice . . That's how Nigerians will view it.

Pastors need to be careful with politicians, they are not ready to repent, they are using u only for their devilish gains and you know.

They have been swimming around Baba Adeboye for while, and the man is beginning to see how far they are undermining his ministry and name of God.

Now Kumuyi, now Oyedepo.
Adeboye has always failed to call a spade a spade and speak up against persecution of the Christian faith. And that's why politicians still flock around him.

I don't know much about Kumuyi in this regard but I know Oyedepo is one fearless voice commissioned to speak in favour of persecuted Christians in Nigeria. Archbishop Idahosa handed the mantle over to him and if he fails in this regard, God will raise another voice for us.
NOTE: I'M A BAPTIST & NOT HIS CHURCH MEMBER.

It's very Biblical for Christian leaders to be involved in the appointment, election and guidance of political leaders. You'd understand that if you were a good student of the Bible. It only becomes a sin when they so do for unrighteous gains or they keep quiet in the face of tyranny, wickedness & bad governance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ireti Kingibe: Peter Obi Tweets False Info About Abuja Senate Seat, Deletes It / Fayose To Buhari: I Can’t Be Intimidated By One Million Armed Men Of DSS / Osinbajo Inspects Rigasa Train Station In Kaduna With El-rufai & Amaechi(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.