Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? (6954 Views)

This Is My Real Lagos On The Ground And Not Online / Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola / Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by MrFire: 12:29am On Jul 14, 2010
Survival of the fittest. This is what at least 90 % of the over 15 million Lagosians pass thru on daily basis. Would not live there for all the world

Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Jul 14, 2010
That is not real!!!
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Beaf: 12:31am On Jul 14, 2010
To echo some of the b*llshit excuses some of us give. . .
That is simply a display of [size=49pt]RESILIENCE![/size]
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by MrFire: 12:31am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is not real!!!

What is not real? That was taken from the window of a speeding car
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Onlytruth(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2010
[size=18pt]WTF!!![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is that real? shocked shocked
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by mochafella(m): 12:37am On Jul 14, 2010
I doubt that is real, looks like artwork or a model
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by DeepSoul(f): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2010
Look closely. That picture is definitely not a real one.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Beaf: 12:43am On Jul 14, 2010
mochafella:

I doubt that is real, looks like artwork or a model
Deep Soul:

Look closely. That picture is definitely not a real one.

. . .Clever people sha! Can't you see it is taken through a car window? I bet none of you even knows their way around a graphics package. Rubbish.
Why is reality so hard for us to accept?
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by MrFire: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2010
Can any real Lagosian ( I mean resident) swear that they have not seen such and worse scenarios at bus stops? Well, my own cousin carries a broken wrist courtesy of such at mile 2.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by honeric01(m): 12:55am On Jul 14, 2010
Mr Fire:

Can any real Lagosian ( I mean resident) swear that they have not seen such and worse scenarios at bus stops? Well, my own cousin carries a broken wrist courtesy of such at mile 2.

Lol, ignorance, now tell me, where was that taken? i have seen that picture times without number, it's a work of art and not real, you can keep doubting or thinking it's real, but i have actually seen it more than 1 year ago.

As for those who are ready to swallow anything that's passed to them, keep up the good works lol.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by MrFire: 1:01am On Jul 14, 2010
honeric01:

Lol, ignorance, now tell me, where was that taken? i have seen that picture times without number, it's a work of art and not real, you can keep doubting or thinking it's real, but i have actually seen it more than 1 year ago.

As for those who are ready to swallow anything that's passed to them, keep up the good works lol.

Can you swear that you have not seen such and worse scenarios at bus stops in Lagos?
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Onlytruth(m): 1:05am On Jul 14, 2010
Mr Fire:

Can you swear that you have not seen such and worse scenarios at bus stops in Lagos?

The key question.

I know I have seen worse!  cool cool
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by manmustwac(m): 1:10am On Jul 14, 2010
the pic looks like a clay model its not real.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2010
So what's the big deal with the picture or artwork, it just shows ppl trying to get on a bus. It could be china, India or Japan, why are some stressing over it
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by honeric01(m): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2010
Mr Fire:

And if i end up swearing, is it going to make you grow extra hair or what?

All i know is that this particular artwork is NOT a real picture, if you insist, then tell us where it was taken.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by blacksta(m): 2:06am On Jul 14, 2010
u
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by buffox: 2:27am On Jul 14, 2010
same way MJ was in a danfo in lagos abi, maybe u shud send this to bbc as well!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by bkbabe90(m): 2:29am On Jul 14, 2010
Once again, MR Fire shows the world that he really is an im.becile!!!!lol
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by honeric01(m): 2:38am On Jul 14, 2010
bk/babe90:

Once again, MR Fire shows the world that he really is an slowpoke!!!!lol

He's not the only one guilty of the offense, what about the rest that even supported him? undecided
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Jul 14, 2010
Even though this is not necessarily far from reality of life in Lagos, I doubt this particular image is real . .  I mean look at how well panel-beaten that bus is? It is too clean to be a molue!  cheesy
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 14, 2010
Mr Fire:

What is not real? That was taken from the window of a speeding car
Picture would have blurred
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by honeric01(m): 3:02am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Picture would have blurred

Wait to hear another silly excuse
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Beaf: 3:21am On Jul 14, 2010
honeric01:

He's not the only one guilty of the offense, what about the rest that even supported him? undecided

The picture is real. It only looks blurred because of the reflections in the window it was taken through. If you look toward the top of the pic, you'll notice that the window is partly wound down, so you can see the top of the glass.

It is close to impossible (99.99%) for the average joe with the average pc to fake the people in that photo, even major movie studios would really struggle to create such lifelike figures. Current everyday CGI technology is not capable of producing such realistic poses.

@topic
It is better to accept reality than to stretch the bounderies of incredulity.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by ajadudu: 3:49am On Jul 14, 2010
It's a clay model in a glass case, that is what caused the reflection buddy. Look at the depth and placement of the right hand of the guy climbing through the window. Also look at the proportion of the molue. Too many reasons to show it is a model. LOL
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Beaf: 4:04am On Jul 14, 2010
ajadudu:

It's a clay model in a glass case, that is what caused the reflection buddy. Look at the depth and placement of the right hand of the guy climbing through the window. Also look at the proportion of the molue. Too many reasons to show it is a model. LOL

Have you ever used clay? How do you think the inside of the bus was done?

And why is such a great artwork unknown?
It makes sense to argue about things we know.

The distance some of us are willing to go to deny reality is shocking. Twice, in my younger days, I had strange women sitting in my lap at Ojuelegba; I have seen such shocking scrambles too many times to count.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 14, 2010
^^^^ We're not denying that situations [b]like [/b]that has not occurred, but I refused to believe that it goes to that level.

The picture has been doctored to exaggerate that situation
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by ajadudu: 4:18am On Jul 14, 2010
The people are modeled from clay and painted, the molue itself was made from other materials such as tin. Have you ever seen a real molue that is that clean before? Really, it is good but not a fantastic out of this world  piece of art, go and look at what is on display at Madam Tussaud wax museum to understand great art work.
This particular clay model has been around for a couple of years, I have pointed to you it is in a glass case. We are talking about the picture being authentic or not. This is not a discussion about if this kind of thing happens in Lagos, yes it does. But the point is that picture is not real.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

^^^^ We're not denying that situations like [/b]that has not occurred, but I refused to believe that it goes to that level.

The picture has been doctored to[b] exaggerate that situation

WHAT  shocked shocked shocked

in very loud voice  . . . stop it !!!

My mum got her hand slashed during one of those. Someone literally slashed her hand and bag with a razor blade during one of those.  You have to see what people do. When I was about 13, a silly bus conductor picked my pocket while I was rushing to get into the molue from Obalende. It was sundown . . about 7 ish and I wanted to get back to Ikorodu before it was really late.

We used to do it for fun in high school even. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WHAT  shocked shocked shocked

in very loud voice  . . . stop it !!!

My mum got her hand slashed during one of those. Someone literally slashed her hand and bag with a razor blade during one of those. You have to see what people do. When I was about 13, a silly bus conductor picked my pocket while I was rushing to get into the molue from Obalende. It was sundown . . about 7 ish and I wanted to get back to Ikorodu before it was really late.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I've never experienced/witnessed such. The worse they've done is physical/ verbal harassment.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by ziga: 4:35am On Jul 14, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!

He he he he

This picture just shows that people will see whatever they choose to see irrespective of the true situation of things.

No matter how much you try explain, some people will only see one thing.

Anyway, the orange seller on the ground with both elbows and knees stuck in that position betrays this model.

When normal people fall down, they reflexly brace themselves by stretching at least one arm out to break their fall.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Beaf: 4:38am On Jul 14, 2010
^
Even you "science" is faulty. The first thing you will think of in that position, will be to protect your head and softer parts. Break fall ke!
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I've never experienced/witnessed such. The worse they've done is physical/ verbal harassment.

You really need to go spend some time back in your home country. Please go down there and witness life as it really is for yourself.  lipsrsealed

Now, if you plan to go down to drive around in Mercedes benz and live in the uppity areas, then I will tell you now that you are not serious  . . . ROFLMAO!!  We have too many people on here who NEVER really experienced life as the main Nigerians do daily, come on here to tell us how it is in their minds, when the reality is even to this days scenes like this are not alien. Why do you think there was almost a ban on molues a couple of years ago? lol  . .  you go dey inside molue dey fear say that ride fit be your last . .  lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Govt Begins Closure Of Phcn, Transfers Workers . / Lagos Is Owing N124b / Lagos Demolishes Apapa Amusement Park For Security Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.