Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? (6967 Views)

This Is My Real Lagos On The Ground And Not Online / Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola / Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by ziga: 4:46am On Jul 14, 2010
Beaf:

^
Even you "science" is faulty. The first thing you will think of in that position, will be to protect your head and softer parts. Break fall ke!

This is not science bro, its common sense.

And i know you don't protect your head by putting both hands in front of your body.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You really need to go spend some time back in your home country. Please go down there and witness life as it really is for yourself.  lipsrsealed

Now, if you plan to go down to drive around in Mercedes benz and live in the uppity areas, then I will tell you now that you are not serious  . . . ROFLMAO!!  We have too many people on here who NEVER really experienced life as the main Nigerians do daily, come on here to tell us how it is in their minds, when the reality is even to this days scenes like this are not alien. Why do you think there was almost a ban on molues a couple of years ago? lol  . .  [b]you go dey inside molue dey fear say that ride fit be your las[/b]t . .  lol
LMAO!!!! grin grin grin

I've experience enough. Last time I went home, Had to sit with 9 other ppl in a 3-seater in the back of the yellow bus, in a 100 deg weather

@post
I'm sure that if I try enough, I'll be about to identify bk/babe and his cohorts in that picture. Latino ko Albino ni
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 14, 2010
lol i'm willing to bet if many of you lived in Lagos you'd be in even worse situations. Good to live abroad and thumb noses at poor lagosians struggling to survive while we live large at their own expense.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LMAO!!!! grin grin grin

I've experience enough. Last time I went home, Had to sit with 9 other ppl in a 3-seater in the back of the yellow bus, in a 100 deg weather
@post
I'm sure that if I try enough, I'll be about to identify bk/babe and his cohorts in that picture. Latino ko Albino ni

If those who actually lived and experienced the real side of Nigeria were to sit and tell you tales of reality, you would wonder where all the fake "ajebos" and their "Nigeria is best" stories come from. ROFLMAO!

davidylan:

lol i'm willing to bet if many of you lived in Lagos you'd be in even worse situations. Good to live abroad and thumb noses at poor lagosians struggling to survive while we live large at their own expense.

God saved our lives ooo!!! ROFLMAO!! Even living on the streets of lagos no be small thing at all . . . at least over here the homeless still have options.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If those who actually lived and experienced the real side of Nigeria were to sit and tell you tales of reality, you would wonder where all the fake "ajebos" and their "Nigeria is best" stories come from. ROFLMAO!
Never heard my mom talk about stuff like this sha cool
If that is the reality of Nigeria, I pray to never experience such.

Anywayz, didnt fashola finance new vehicles/buses a few months ago?
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by babapupa: 5:09am On Jul 14, 2010
And what's that on top of the bus? Overhead bridge?

Dumb a/s/s posters and the usual clowns,
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Never heard my mom talk about stuff like this sha cool
If that is the reality of Nigeria, I pray to never experience such.

Anywayz, didnt fashola finance new vehicles/buses a few months ago?

Don't get me wrong here . . .  the situation for the average citizens is bad but they still live. We used to be the people with the Posh house sitting in the mist of squalor. Most of my friends had TV's locked away in cabinets and had to get permission to watch TV or even VCR or betamax. I would say we grew up well-off but since I had friends who had so much less, I got to experience the not so posh side of growing up in Nigeria too. Would I give all that experience up for anything? No. Would I want to live it all again if I was given a second chance? Sure. Why? Because it all helped shape my person, I ground me so that I am not carried away by flashy shiny pictures and romanticized perceptions of what life in the country for the majority truly is.  

So, it is bad but it is good experience . .  I mean experiencing the real world that majority have to deal with daily, makes you better understand them and that which concerns them.

Yes, the governor did finance some buses but Lagos is big, and it will take a couple of years to get a situation where the public transport system is near what is obtained in even places like Delaware. Till then, molue still rules, and God have mercy on me but I will never ever again try one of those things. I have had my full. lol
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by tpiah: 5:21am On Jul 14, 2010
^^ yeah, whatever.

deal with it.

last time i checked, cabs have always been available in lagos. If you're too fancy for molue and too broke for a cab, then ogun state is right around the corner for you to live in. No molues there.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Jul 14, 2010
Why is it that this woman rarely makes sense in her retorts? I can't even connect anything she has posted here with what I have up there at all? undecided undecided
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by tpiah: 5:26am On Jul 14, 2010
^^you seem hot under the collar.

have i touched a nerve?
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Jul 14, 2010
see what I mean? . . . another disconnected retort? undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2010
Can you two stop?

Kobojunkie:

Don't get me wrong here . . .  the situation for the average citizens is bad but they still live. We used to be the people with the Posh house sitting in the mist of squalor. Most of my friends had TV's locked away in cabinets and had to get permission to watch TV or even VCR or betamax. I would say we grew up well-off but since I had friends who had so much less, I got to experience the not so posh side of growing up in Nigeria too. Would I give all that experience up for anything? No. Would I want to live it all again if I was given a second chance? Sure. Why? Because it all helped shape my person, I ground me so that I am not carried away by flashy shiny pictures and romanticized perceptions of what life in the country for the majority truly is.  

So, it is bad but it is good experience . .  I mean experiencing the real world that majority have to deal with daily, makes you better understand them and that which concerns them.

Yes, the governor did finance some buses but Lagos is big, and it will take a couple of years to get a situation where the public transport system is near what is obtained in even places like Delaware. Till then, molue still rules, and God have mercy on me but I will never ever again try one of those things. I have had my full. lol

@1st Bolded out of curiosity:  Why was they locked away?

@2nd: Have you forgotten that I also had my share? I used to travel alot, from Ekiti to Ondo to Ife to Ibadan etc. We had family all over. So plz stop thinking that I am not a true Nigerian, because I am  smiley

@3rd bolded:
Why cant Nigeria adopt city buses? Different from traveling buses[eg: grey hounds]? It'll be easier and more convenient. Because I dont understand why one has to take a Lagos bus to Ekiti, with stops on the way  undecided
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by tpiah: 5:34am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

see what I mean? . . . another disconnected retort? undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

you seem to have comprehension issues.

dont strain your brain nah!!

stick with your usual moaning if that's what you do best.

where were we?

oh yes- the suffering nigerians and molue.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by tpiah: 5:36am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@3rd bolded:
Why cant Nigeria adopt city buses? Different from traveling buses[eg: grey hounds]? It'll be easier and more convenient. Because I dont understand why one has to take a Lagos bus to Ekiti, with stops on the way  undecided

Fashola introduced BRT.

should he also handle interstate transportation?

and to the best of my knowledge, there are plenty of interstate buses owned by private individuals, which travel throughout the country, and especially to the east.

greyhound type.

He was the man behind that blue-coloured luxury bus you rode the other day to your destination. The blue bus embossed with the name, Ekene Dili Chukwu (Thanks be to God), remember? He was the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Ekene Dili Chukwu Group of Companies that has, well over 300 luxury buses and over 150 articulated vehicles, namely trailers and trucks, in its fleet.

As a brief biographical sketch on him rightly pointed out, “the history of luxury buses for long distance operations will not be complete without mentioning his name, for he pioneered their use in Nigeria.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2007/sept/15/living-15-09-2007-002.htm

Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Beaf: 5:40am On Jul 14, 2010
Ha! E be like say cocaine is getting cheaper. cry
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by tpiah: 5:41am On Jul 14, 2010
^^ you should know.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 5:42am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Can you two stop?
@1st Bolded out of curiosity:  Why was they locked away?
hhmmm . . .  just that people felt it was the best way to preserve their tvs or something.
Ileke-IdI:

@2nd: Have you forgotten that I also had my share? I used to travel alot, from Ekiti to Ondo to Ife to Ibadan etc. We had family all over. So plz stop thinking that I am not a true Nigerian, because I am  smiley
Your first question alone got me thinking you probably didn't really remember your time in Nigeria. I am sorry but I find it hard to believe that a Nigerian who actually grew up in Nigeria is asking me that question . . . lol
Ileke-IdI:

@3rd bolded:
Why cant Nigeria adopt city buses? Different from traveling buses[eg: grey hounds]? It'll be easier and more convenient. Because I dont understand why one has to take a Lagos bus to Ekiti, with stops on the way  undecided
Lagos bus to Ekiti? GreyHound does stop along the way too. The city buses are the molues and the Brts. We have other bus companies that ploy interstate. Not sure I understand your question there.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 14, 2010
tpiah:

Fashola introduced BRT.

should he also handle interstate transportation?

and to the best of my knowledge, there are plenty of interstate buses owned by private individuals, which travel throughout the country, and especially to the east.

greyhound type.
Never said Fashola should handle IT. That should be a private business. Those are not greyhound type, those are same ridiculous buses carrying 10x its capacity. We need atleast larger and more comfortable buses since the distance is longer and more loads are expected than usual.

Okay, am also assuming that there a buses that run within cities only too
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by tpiah: 5:49am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Never said Fashola should handle IT. That should be a private business. Those are not greyhound type, those are same ridiculous buses carrying 10x its capacity. We need atleast larger and more comfortable buses since the distance is longer and more loads are expected than usual.

ekene dili chukwu and other luxurious buses are not molues.

the bus size is the same as what obtains abroad though i wouldnt know if they're being overpacked.

i guess you're referring to the small vans, not the ones i'm mentioning.

here, i found this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-47560.0.html
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by saintneo(m): 5:52am On Jul 14, 2010
Now I see that there are lots of AJIBOTAS on NL.

That picture is a true representation of Iyana Iba, Oshodi, Iyaya Ipaja
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by maree7(f): 5:53am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Another example . . .A bus company called 'The young shall grow' . . . which I used personally. . . and there are even some with TVs and ACs.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hhmmm . . .  just that people felt it was the best way to preserve their tvs or something. Your first question alone got me thinking you probably didn't really remember your time in Nigeria. I am sorry but I find it hard to believe that a Nigerian who actually grew up in Nigeria is asking me that question . . . lol

LOL, we didnt have TVs back then. Used to watch TV at my neighbors. But now that we do, my aunt never "stores" her TV. How does locking up a TV preserves the TV. Na wetin it dey preserve? tongue

Lagos bus to Ekiti? GreyHound does stop along the way too. The city buses are the molues and the Brts. We have other bus companies that ploy interstate. Not sure I understand your question there.
You understood it, you answered my question.

tpiah:

ekene dili chukwu and other luxurious buses are not molues.

the bus size is the same as what obtains abroad though i wouldnt know if they're being overpacked.

i guess you're referring to the small vans, not the ones i'm mentioning.

Yea. . . . so we've upgraded to luxury buses? shocked Hope its affordable.

But I predict they'll overpack it.

A law should be made to regulate the maximum amount of passenger a bus should carry. . . . and the amount of loads it should carry.

The pix below is shocking, what I usually see.

Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Jul 14, 2010
You know what though, I think I know what you mean. I remember travelling out to parts of Ogun, all I had were the same turo-turo mini buses and not the luxury buses that people travel to eastern parts of the country with. I am not 100% but I remember a line called Kwara Express that went through Ekiti to Kwara back in the days. Not sure if it survived or it was replaced by other lines but yes.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by maree7(f): 5:56am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL, we didnt have TVs back then. Used to watch TV at my neighbors. But now that we do, my aunt never "stores" her TV. How does locking up a TV preserves the TV. Na wetin it dey preserve? tongue

A law should be made to regulate the maximum amount of passenger a bus should carry. . . . and the amount of loads it should carry.

The pix below is shocking, what I usually see.

No it was not really expensive I traveled from Lagos to Yola. . . Everybody had their seperate seats. . not over packed at all
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by maree7(f): 5:59am On Jul 14, 2010
saintneo:

Now I see that there are lots of AJIBOTAS on NL.

That picture is a true representation of Iyana Iba, Oshodi, Iyaya Ipaja

When last have you been to lagos. . . its changing for the better trust me

BTW that picture is not real.
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 6:00am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I no no ooo . . .  My friends used to sneak over to my place to watch movies and stuff. The one, her dad only allowed them watch tv when he came home ( he took the keys to the cabinet to work with him).

Ileke-IdI:

The pix below is shocking, what I usually see

Definitely! ROFLMAO!!  Even travelling to the east, the bus drivers would carry extra passengers and you would be squashed into your seat most of the way. BUt yeah, I figured you were referring to the danfos and the turo-turos. dem dey oo !!!
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 14, 2010
maree7:

Another example . . .A bus company called 'The young shall grow' . . . which I used personally. . . and there are even some with TVs and ACs.
cool.

tpiah:

here, i found this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-47560.0.html
That thread is only questioning the success of DD in Nigeria.
And judging by everyone's comment, it's unlikely.
That was 3 yrs ago, I guess you're showing me the thread because those commentators were proven wrong?

Kobojunkie:

You know what though, I think I know what you mean. I remember travelling out to parts of Ogun, all I had were the same t[b]uro-turo mini buses[/b] and not the luxury buses that people travel to eastern parts of the country with. I am not 100% but I remember a line called Kwara Express that went through Ekiti to Kwara back in the days. Not sure if it survived or it was replaced by other lines but yes.
Yea, that one.

I doubt if it survived, I'd have heard about it on NL lol
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I no no ooo . . .  My friends used to sneak over to my place to watch movies and stuff. The one, her dad only allowed them watch tv when he came home ( he took the keys to the cabinet to work with him).
Then that's not preserving the TV. Na lie, the man is preserving his control over "HIS"  t.v. typical naija man. embarassed

Definitely! ROFLMAO!!  Even travelling to the east, the bus drivers would carry extra passengers and you would be squashed into your seat most of the way. BUt yeah, I figured you were referring to the danfos and the turo-turos. dem dey oo !!!
Dont wanna sound snaobby, but aint turo-turo and danfos same as yellow buses?
Abi se nitori pe won paint won different colors lo fi make one more sophisticated than the other?
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 6:11am On Jul 14, 2010
Honestly, I don't know which is which . . . I remember we used to have "bole ka ja", then the danfos, turo-turo etc. Molue is the only one I really figured out. lol The small bus still exists, and I think the one in the picture below is a bit bigger than the other and so they have differnt names(just guessing now).

Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Honestly, I don't know which is which . . . I remember we used to have "bole ka ja", then the danfos, turo-turo etc. Molue is the only one I really figured out. lol The small bus still exists, and I think the one in the picture below is a bit bigger than the other and so they have differnt names(just guessing now).
lol imagine roasting in a 100 deg weather in that small bus.

"bole ka ja"? grin Lol what?
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Jul 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

lol imagine roasting in a 100 deg weather in that small bus.

. . . all the BO and then someone farts. And you are sitting way in the back of the bus, sandwiched between two fat women . . . . ROFLMAO!!  cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 14, 2010
^^^ ROTFLMAO! Oh gosh grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Is Owing N124b / I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi / APC Sweeps Sokoto Local Government Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.