Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,269 members, 7,849,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:16 PM

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (35720 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 14, 2018
Chinny024:
On a more serious note ..This eckankar,is it church or what... One of my colleague is inviting me to their program towards Rumukwurusi Portharcourt..
Don't want to attend though but she kept on pressing me.. Saying it's normal church program for ember month.. cool shocked
What are they Biko....Are they not church?
Don't want to use my legs carry myself inside problem.. grin shocked shocked
lol...fear fear.... They go convert you grin

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kenex4ever(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2018
kingthreat:

If the bolded is true, they should go ahead and disown him. If I hear any member of my family is into any of the below, our relationship will be as distant as from here to the North Pole:

Reformed Ogboni Fraternity
Eckankar
Amorc
Brotherhood of the Cross & star
Anything occultic.

A man's enemies shall be members of his own household
don't tag what you don't know occultic!!!

I lived with them for years and there is nothing occultic about eckankar people.

It's a religion just like Islam, Buddhism, Christianity etc.

They have their own story about Jesus too.

They are peaceful and religious

They strongly believe in law of karma n reincarnation so they don't hurt people spiritually or physically. They sing "hu" as their mode of prayer. They are logical in their beliefs unlike we Christians that work with faith.

But I believe in Christianity and won't advice anybody to join any religion that does not go to God through Jesus.

10 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:
a few weeks back I was having an argument with my mum regarding this ekankar stuff.
she view it as an occultic group while to me it is just a group of religious people with a different way of worship.
let me wait for others opinion
people fear what they don't know, my father is an eckist, they are not occult in any way, they are just worshipping God in their own way.

4 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kingjoe(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2018
what about common church of later days saint.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kingjoe(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2018
what about mommon church of later days saint.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by SirLakes: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2018
Op

You sure say na your friend.... Abi it is what I am thinking wink smiley

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by mabea: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2018
I dont really know anything about eckankar but while growing up i used hear people pray-bind the powers of eckankar so i believe it is an occult.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by LightSpirit: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2018
To those Christians judging Eckankar as occult group, they are only exposing their ignorance.

Take it or leave it, Christ Jesus remain an occult figure.

You 'cover' yourself with BLOOD of Jesus, what can be more occult than that?

Is it the concept of trinity, or the many esoteric teachings of Jesus, the cross, the Eucharist/holy communion or the MYSTERY of his birth?

It is my feeling that the so called Christians always reject the true occult Christ to embrace the Christs of their ideals. And nothing is responsible for this but fear - fear of the unknown.

Note..¤ I'm not an eckist, neither do I belong to any sect, religious or esoteric group. I'm a seeker without brand. But I love Jesus.

6 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kaycee2much: 10:58am On Oct 14, 2018
[Eckanker I know is a religion that operates like a cult even though they deny being one. One has to grow grom one level to another .Except you are promoted by their godman ,the mahanta who is a man in a wheelchair from America,a divorcee whose only daughter and child is not even an eckist. She is a christian! Again you have to renew your membership every your for the mahanta to recognize you. .They do not condemn divorce for obvious reasons,and neither are they against homosexuality and abortion. I can go on and on. Eckists are usually brainwashed by their trachers called arahatas brainwash them of the grave consequences they stand to face should they leave Eckankar. Thrre ste so many other secretes as so many things are shrouded in secrecyte author=pimper24 post=72069337]Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

[/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AleAirHub(m): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Jesu
LeoFish92:

God bless you my brother, in a neighborhood meeting, my dad got into an argument with an Eckankar man, the man bragged that he'll show him superior powers.

Two days later, my brother was shot in the dream, he woke up with a pain at the exact spot he was shot, on his chest.

Still same night, a distant cousin had a terrible dream of where I died and according to her, it was so real she was crying when she woke up..

Still same night, mum that was at omugwo in Lagos woke up with bleeding, imagine an old woman having such.

All happened same night !

Anyone who tells me those guys are not occultic needs his head to be examined.

3 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 14, 2018
Earthbound:
Eckankar dey get money oo
serious?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 14, 2018
Don't let us crucify people for their views about religion or how they chose to worship God, my father is an eckist, and to the best of my knowledge i don't think he can hold a charm or hurt anyone, very milk fellow, he is too quiet, he doesn't lobby for anything.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kerry57: 11:08am On Oct 14, 2018
[quote author=idyday post=72072371]There is nothing occultic about eckankar. Please research before you conclude[/quote.
Secret things about religious and occultic gathering is never put on the internet for public consumption as they need members to further their group. Would you like to join after reading any of such things or information.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Lomprico2: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2018
agadam:
ekankar they way of worship look occultic...

And what is 'occultic'?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2018
LightSpirit:
To those Christians judging Eckankar as occult group, they are only exposing their ignorance.

Take it or leave it, Christ Jesus remain an occult figure.

You 'cover' yourself with BLOOD of Jesus, what can be more occult than that?

Is it the concept of trinity, or the many esoteric teachings of Jesus, the cross, the Eucharist/holy communion or the MYSTERY of his birth?

It is my feeling that the so called Christians always reject the true occult Christ to embrace the Christs of their ideals. And nothing is responsible for this but fear - fear of the unknown.

Note..¤ I'm not an eckist, neither do I belong to any sect, religious or esoteric group. I'm a seeker without brand. But I love Jesus.
my man, u are just like me, **A seeker without brand***

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by frbona: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2018
ibietela2:
So why does he have their names written?
dey wan share money cheesy
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Blesbaby: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2018
pimper24:
Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2018
I am an Eckist, Eckankar is a Religion not a cult and I can boldly tell u majority of the people here condemning Eckankar have nk idea what its all about dey have never attended any of their programs or read any of their books... You no understand something u no go ask questions? Why jump into conclusions and spread false rumours? As an Eckist we keep a diary what we call dream journal der we write down all our dreams n surround dem to God coz we believe dream is one of the fastest ways God communicate with us so we write down our dreams n study dem n watch how it affects our lives dah way we are able to interpret our dreams ourselves without d aid of anybody... Its possible what the family saw is his dream journal n dey d family are d people using diabolical means to attack him hence he wrote down his experience inviting the Eck masters what christians call angels to take control of d situation.. now d family want him to leave Eckankar? Well for his safety he shud disown his family instead... If u need any more answers concerning Eckankar contact me on 07035489697

3 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chiefadv1: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2018
ugotheman:
ECKANKAR teaches that there is an audible life current known as the ECK, or Holy Spirit, that connects each of us with the heart of God. We can experience the ECK as Light and Sound. Through study and practice of the Spiritual Exercises of ECK, we learn to recognize the Light and Sound of God as It touches our lives and brings increased divine love.
I am an Eckist
hmmm hmmm
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2018
I am an Eckist, Eckankar is a Religion not a cult and I can boldly tell u majority of the people here condemning Eckankar have no idea what its all about dey have never attended any of their programs or read any of their books... You no understand something u no go ask questions? Why jump into conclusions and spread false rumours? As an Eckist we keep a diary what we call dream journal der we write down all our dreams n surround dem to God coz we believe dream is one of the fastest ways God communicate with us so we write down our dreams and also day to day experiences we study dem n watch how it affects our lives dah way we are able to interpret our dreams ourselves without d aid of anybody... Its possible what the family saw is his dream journal n dey d family are d people using diabolical means to attack him hence he wrote down his experience inviting the Eck masters what christians call angels to take control of d situation.. now d family want him to leave Eckankar? Well for his safety he shud disown his family instead... If u need any more answers concerning Eckankar contact me on whatsapp @07035489697
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Blesbaby: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2018
Good day all.... I am a member of Eckankar (Eckist), Eckankar is a path of love... It is the religion of the light and sound of God. It is not an occultic group, we have a website www.eckankar.com, we have TV program on silver bird by 3.30 pm on Sunday's, also radio programs on ekofm on Saturdays,...We preach about divine Love and how to be a coworker with God. Today's topic in service is "The Blessings of Gratitude" ...Our spiritual journey is personal, I was a student of UNILAG and we usually hold Eckcampus fellowship close to sport center at amphi theatre,... Eckankar is registered on campus through the DSA.... #Eckankarisnotoccult #Eckislove.... Eckankar is a path of freedom, Eckankar means "Path of the Holy Spirit.... We love God... The Supreme deity, The most,.... Let's continue to see the others as extension of ourselves... Let us tolerate each others religious view... Tanx... From Blessing,..WithLove

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by kingviny: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2018
Which way is that NARROW way which our Lord Jesus asked us to look for?

He said it is very rough and difficult to find. On the other hand, he said the WIDE way is the popular way ladden with attractions with many people following it.

Today, which way is Christianity with about 3 billion members ? can Christian religion match the description of the narrow way?

Before we condemn, we should ponder on the point above...

Did Jesus found any religion or he brought a Message of Truth from God and addressed it to us individually for us to correct ourselves ?

I think the narrow way should lead to a teaching that continues and consolidate on the teachings of Jesus not pointing to him as a Master like the Eckists etc refer to him but pointing to him as the Lord and Son of God.

The narrow way teachings will not prescribe religion because religion is linked to the wide way. It will teach love and justice, it will enlighten you and make you to be a good human being with better understanding of God, His creation and his creatures.

Seek and you will find. Only Christlike people who can be found in all countries, few they are... these are the ones following the narrow way.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chiefadv1: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2018
Chinny024:
On a more serious note ..This eckankar,is it church or what... One of my colleague is inviting me to their program towards Rumukwurusi Portharcourt..
Don't want to attend though but she kept on pressing me.. Saying it's normal church program for ember month.. cool shocked
What are they Biko....Are they not church?
Don't want to use my legs carry myself inside problem.. grin shocked shocked
'. Hell is near.
Thru them run for ur life.

P

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by labelle123(f): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2018
AleAirHub:
Seconded
. Thirded
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by bencarson007(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:
Just because a person doesn't hold same religious beliefs as you, doesn't make his/her religious body occultic.

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews.

In the developed world, nobody cares whether you are a Muslim, a Christian, or a person with no religion.

If I were the guy, I'll disown such a family before they do. They are not his family member. A family will respect and support your individual decision, religious view inclusive.

Everyone must not be a Christian!

Who has bewitched Nigeria?

Are you okay?
who mentioned that the family are Christians?

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2018
Visit www.eckankar.org or www.eckankarnigeria.org tune into Eckankar program on quest fm radio, 93.1 every thursday time 9.30pm also on DRTV rainbow station channels 41, warri also startimes channels 113, every tuesday time 9.30am. Also Eckankar program is on AIT cable network every saturday time 7.30am please tune in and be enlightened.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by osemmie: 11:41am On Oct 14, 2018
Let him ask his conscience if its write or wrong and observe what they teach and believe to the depths, the he can decide.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Godmother(f): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2018
kingthreat:

If the bolded is true, they should go ahead and disown him. If I hear any member of my family is into any of the below, our relationship will be as distant as from here to the North Pole:

Reformed Ogboni Fraternity
Eckankar
Amorc
Brotherhood of the Cross & star
Anything occultic.

A man's enemies shall be members of his own household

Well said, my brother. People are already going through a lot. I cannor come and add occultic brother to it. Kolewerk

3 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Rumicarter: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:
I am an Eckist, Eckankar is a Religion not a cult and I can boldly tell u majority of the people here condemning Eckankar have no idea what its all about dey have never attended any of their programs or read any of their books... You no understand something u no go ask questions? Why jump into conclusions and spread false rumours? As an Eckist we keep a diary what we call dream journal der we write down all our dreams n surround dem to God coz we believe dream is one of the fastest ways God communicate with us so we write down our dreams and also day to day experiences we study dem n watch how it affects our lives dah way we are able to interpret our dreams ourselves without d aid of anybody... Its possible what the family saw is his dream journal n dey d family are d people using diabolical means to attack him hence he wrote down his experience inviting the Eck masters what christians call angels to take control of d situation.. now d family want him to leave Eckankar? Well for his safety he shud disown his family instead... If u need any more answers concerning Eckankar contact me on whatsapp @07035489697

He should disown his Family and move in with you? Is 'Honour your Father and Mother' in you people's bible at all?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chiedozie198100: 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:
Just because a person doesn't hold same religious beliefs as you, doesn't make his/her religious body occultic.

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews.

In the developed world, nobody cares whether you are a Muslim, a Christian, or a person with no religion.

If I were the guy, I'll disown such a family before they do. They are not his family members. A family will respect and support your individual decision, religious view inclusive.

Everyone must not be a Christian!

Who has bewitched Nigeria?

Which developed countries r u talking about?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Rumicarter:

He should disown his Family and move in with you? Is 'Honour your Father and Mother' in you people's bible at all?

Am not here to argue religion with u.. Do wat works for u n have a nice.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by agadam(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lomprico2:

And what is 'occultic'?
incating HUU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

208 Names Of Jesus Christ / Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.