Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (35727 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by pmm3(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hi Guys..I love this headline...Now let me give you a brief explanation about What Eckankar is all about........And am a Proud member of Eckankar.

There so many religions in the world like Buddah,Krishna,muslim, Christianity,Eckankar and so on...all have there own different belief but all centres on LOVE and Love is God and God is Love...God itsef has no religion.

Eckankar is a Two letterword *ECK* which means HOLY SPIRIT and *ANKAR* means THE WAY....Eckankar is a path of spiritually freedom...It is the religion of the Light and Sound of God .......

In Eckankar,We have masters which we call the *ECK MASTER* They are the living embodiment of God,they are the physical and spiritual master...The Current Eck master is Sri Harold Klemp and there are so many others....They help ready souls find there ways on its own path back to God...tHey are the way showers.They communicat to us through so many mediums like Prayer,dreams,soul travel and so on...

in Eckankar ,we learn how to Use the Most sacred name of God which is the word *HU*....HU is a love song to God and is not just for we Eckist ,its meant for Everyone who is willing to give it a try.......*HU* is pronounced as *HUe* and we chantin it like this - *HUUUuuuuuuuu*.......This is how Eckankar prays.....When singin this love song,We sit relaxed,put attention on the THIRD EYES which is located at the forehead which is regarded as THE SIT OF SOUL.....this is the eye we humans use to explor the inner worlds of God....then we slowly chant the *HU*......

In Eckankar we teach about Karma and Reincarnation...We dont believe in the concept of Hell Fire cos it doesn't exist......Karma is the law of cause and effect...Reincarnation has to with one reborn after death.....
Beleiv it or not we all have been here before many life times still searchin for a way to get back Home to God...

To sum it up.... Christianity is not the only part to God,Jesus christ belongs to no religion,Jesus teachings centres on LOVE and he didnt teach its followers to criticise any religion ........We all are created in the image and likeness of God......

So from what i read above.....its unfair that people conclude without further investigation,Life is full of so many challenges....Theres nothing secret about Eckankar.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
bigcasava1:
he wants to hypnotize them nd put them under his control. eckankar temple has a hexagon design at their temples wich is also use by witches. they soul travel at night so as control d weak. if they don't send him out he wl convert their destiny to himself. i have been into it.

That's not Eckankar thanks

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
kaycee2much:
[Eckanker I know is a religion that operates like a cult even though they deny being one. One has to grow grom one level to another .Except you are promoted by their godman ,the mahanta who is a man in a wheelchair from America,a divorcee whose only daughter and child is not even an eckist. She is a christian! Again you have to renew your membership every your for the mahanta to recognize you. .They do not condemn divorce for obvious reasons,and neither are they against homosexuality and abortion. I can go on and on. Eckists are usually brainwashed by their trachers called arahatas brainwash them of the grave consequences they stand to face should they leave Eckankar. Thrre ste so many other secretes as so many things are shrouded in secrecyte author=pimper24 post=72069337]Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

members of his family nt being an eckist is In consequential, I know eckist whose teenage children dont practice are nt eckist, they dñt force it.

christains pay tithes in church right?, biblical apostles where not immune to death,physical harm or illness right ?.

there will always be dangers faced on leaving a spiritual path of any kind, I said spiritual path nt religion. its like physical workout their are implications of stopping. beside once yhu go forward on any spiritual path yhu can't go back.

in Christianity its what yhur bible meant by , "and the holy spirit quicken our spirits within us" replace the work "quicken" with the word "awakening", wic wud mean to develop a spirit consciousness.

if as a human yhu experience that awakening as a christain, no one on earth can convince yhu otherwise, because yhur spirit knows, yhur spirit is convinced, yhur spirit is conscious.

so it is with every other religion.

the worlds religion is nt the problem in itself, Christianity is not the problem is the techniques. the problem is all religion especially Christianity stop at a certain plane of existence/experience, which is usually a mental plane/heaven.

when they're exist futher planes of experiences each one higher than the one below it. the spiritual development of an individual in most religion is very limited.

have yhu forgotten that in the bible there is more than one heaven ?. if yhu dnt know this then wow.

most christains stop at that conviction in their spirit that jesus is lord and he died on the cross of calvary for the redemption of their sin. by the works of the holy spirit they know this somehow n believe it, then they claim it.

that step is the first step in their spiritual journey buh they don't know this, spiritually they a child just born anew. the real spiritual work begins n transcends beyound the convinction in their spirit and prophesying that jesus is lord.

the path of eckankar goes far deeper into spirituality , infact nt just eckankar I believe most would be spirito religion goes beyound the grounds covered by Christianity.

buh eckankar claims to have the master key.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
chalantmike:

I hope yhu see the blind bias -ness here.

yhu and me follow drink garri the same garri, then yhu tell me the garri yhu drank is holy garri because yhu are a christian and mine is sinful.

even christ was not this dumb, now.

Lwkmd...
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Naturalle(f): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Please refrain from my mentions as you lack basic reading comprehension. Besides Eckankar doesn't need you to defend it cos you're doing a shoddy job and it's doing fine on its own.

Ese95:

However u see it just Stop spreading ignorance and lies about Eckankar thanks.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
chalantmike:

what are yhu saying didnt christ ask yhu to forsake yhur family and follow him?.

Luke 14:25-27 Easy-to-Read Ve
Decide if You Can Follow Me
Many people were traveling with Jesus. He said to them, “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life! Whoever will not carry the cross that is given to them when they follow me cannot be my follower.

why dont yhu christains get that journey through is an individual path/thing vias spirituality. even christ preached the same thing.

They will conveniently turn a blind eye to ds part...
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by soundn: 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
Well am just shocked at the level of ignorance you show.
Truly they say if you want to hide something from a black man, just write it down or tell him to go find out..
Am an Eckist and Eckankar is a religion just like Islam Christianity Buddhism and co..
We hold seminars and tv programs and radio programs so people will get to know what it is.
As for the young man under his parents roof..he has to obey them if he doesn’t earn for himself, cos common sense says he need a them now...maybe he could take up eck when he can stand like a man..
Plz guys use google if u can’t attend seminars and watch our open programs to ask and know more...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
Naturalle:
Please refrain from my mentions as you lack basic reading comprehension. Besides Eckankar doesn't need you to defend it cos you're doing a shoddy job and it's doing fine on its own.

With people like you spreading ignorance n lies i am always going to enlighten the public and am glad the message is sinking. Whatever it was to u, fact you could not comprehend its teachings doesnt make it a cult. Eckankar is not a cult n there's nothing secret about it. Thank you.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by soundn: 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
You can not group it with Ogboni and amoc as u can see u can either be and eckist a Christian or a Muslim...plz am here to clearify any other Misunderstanding
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Naturalle(f): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ignorance and lies? What's the lie or ignorance I shared? Can u please mention one?

Ese95:

With people like you spreading ignorance n lies i am always going to enlighten the public and am glad the message is sinking.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Naturalle:
Ignorance and lies? What's the lie or ignorance I shared? Can u please mention one?

You called it a cult which is a lie..
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

They will conveniently turn a blind eye to ds part...
I enjoy it when people do that, i find it funny

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Naturalle(f): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
Where did I call it a cult? Pls quote the message.

Ese95:

You called it a cult which is a lie..
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by soundn: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
pmm3:
Hi Guys..I love this headline...Now let me give you a brief explanation about What Eckankar is all about........And am a Proud member of Eckankar.

There so many religions in the world like Buddah,Krishna,muslim, Christianity,Eckankar and so on...all have there own different belief but all centres on LOVE and Love is God and God is Love...God itsef has no religion.

Eckankar is a Two letterword *ECK* which means HOLY SPIRIT and *ANKAR* means THE WAY....Eckankar is a path of spiritually freedom...It is the religion of the Light and Sound of God .......

In Eckankar,We have masters which we call the *ECK MASTER* They are the living embodiment of God,they are the physical and spiritual master...The Current Eck master is Sri Harold Klemp and there are so many others....They help ready souls find there ways on its own path back to God...tHey are the way showers.They communicat to us through so many mediums like Prayer,dreams,soul travel and so on...

in Eckankar ,we learn how to Use the Most sacred name of God which is the word *HU*....HU is a love song to God and is not just for we Eckist ,its meant for Everyone who is willing to give it a try.......*HU* is pronounced as *HUe* and we chantin it like this - *HUUUuuuuuuuu*.......This is how Eckankar prays.....When singin this love song,We sit relaxed,put attention on the THIRD EYES which is located at the forehead which is regarded as THE SIT OF SOUL.....this is the eye we humans use to explor the inner worlds of God....then we slowly chant the *HU*......

In Eckankar we teach about Karma and Reincarnation...We dont believe in the concept of Hell Fire cos it doesn't exist......Karma is the law of cause and effect...Reincarnation has to with one reborn after death.....
Beleiv it or not we all have been here before many life times still searchin for a way to get back Home to God...

To sum it up.... Christianity is not the only part to God,Jesus christ belongs to no religion,Jesus teachings centres on LOVE and he didnt teach its followers to criticise any religion ........We all are created in the image and likeness of God......

So from what i read above.....its unfair that people conclude without further investigation,Life is full of so many challenges....Theres nothing secret about Eckankar.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Naturalle:
Where did I call it a cult? Pls quote the message.

Was replying a quote u replied to have seen it now.. Sorry for the misunderstanding the person u replied to was who i was replying to i misquoted u.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by sandraade(f): 6:12am On Oct 15, 2018
Let him single the song of 'yew' many times, his family will develop serious love for him���
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by ibietela2(m): 6:51am On Oct 15, 2018
frbona:
dey wan share money cheesy

grin grin
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Naturalle(f): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2018
That's why I kept insisting you should read my lines. No problems though, all is well. May the Blessings Be. smiley

Ese95:

Was replying a quote u replied to have seen it now.. Sorry for the misunderstanding the person u replied to was who i was replying to i misquoted u.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2018
Mklanceee:
a few weeks back I was having an argument with my mum regarding this ekankar stuff.
she view it as an occultic group while to me it is just a group of religious people with a different way of worship.
let me wait for others opinion
The truth is that Humans being what they are - what they do not understand or refuse to understand, they tend to fear.
I truly believe that Ecankar is not an occultic group.
Would I ever be inclined to attend any of their seminars? No, as their beliefs do not appeal to mine at this point in my life.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

The truth is that Humans being what they are - what they do not understand or refuse to understand, they tend to fear.
I truly believe that Ecankar is not an occultic group.
Would I ever be inclined to attend any of their seminars? No, as their beliefs do not appeal to mine at this point in my life.
I am kind of curious. would love to learn a thing or two about them
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2018
Mklanceee:

I am kind of curious. would love to learn a thing or two about them
I would first advice you start that online.
Then maybe link up with a matured and knowledgeable Nairalander who is an Eckist (that is if you are still interested after the online research).
I believe there was one on this thread who gave a great response to the topic earlier - pemmb or something like that.
Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for that would make your life more worthwhile smiley

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

I would first advice you start that online.
Then maybe link up with a matured and knowledgeable Nairalander who is an Eckist (that is if you are still interested after the online research).
I believe there was one on this thread who gave a great response to the topic earlier - pemmb or something like that.
Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for that would make your life more worthwhile smiley
I am not looking to join them as i am not interested in joining any religious group. just that there are stuff I need to confirm. thanks anyway
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by 1Sharon(f): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
uzoronwusa:

He was speaking figuratively. When you eat his words (hide it in your Heart and obey them),that was made flesh, you are eating, literarily , his flesh.dont get it twisted.

Interesting. So tell me which part of the bible is figurative and which isn't? undecided Seems you Christians claim figurative only when it suits you

Very soon Jesus' death will be figurative too
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Evangkatsoulis: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
ansellotty:
Just because a person doesn't hold same religious beliefs as you, doesn't make his/her religious body occultic.

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews.

In the developed world, nobody cares whether you are a Muslim, a Christian, or a person with no religion.

If I were the guy, I'll disown such a family before they do. They are not his family members. A family will respect and support your individual decision, religious view inclusive.

Everyone must not be a Christian!

Who has bewitched Nigeria?

As a christian, did you not have a 100% faith in the word of christ? If so, did you believe that "christ is the only way, and other paths are paths to destruction"? If yes, why try to learn the ways of a path to destruction? Did you have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe, or at least holy spirit-filled?

You strike me as one who doesn't know his left from his right!
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Evangkatsoulis: 12:40am On Oct 16, 2018
Bluezy13:

In every School of Thought, there is the shallow doctrine made available to the general public such as seen in Google search. But, buried within is the real doctrine which only those who have passed through certain stages will have access to.
Paul Twitchel "must have" meant well when he founded Eckankar in the late 90s, but some masters "must have" abused it's teachings.

I'm a free thinker, i have followed a little bit the courses of some of these Schools of Thought in an attempt to acquire knowledge.

An Igbo proverb says that a good visitor is one who knows when to leave.
Wisdom has thought me to know when to stop and retract in my quest for knowledge so as not to soil my hands. Because the love for this quest can be enticing most times.

It is not bad to seek truth, it is only bad and detrimental to seek it blindly. After all, occultism is the science of hidden truth.

Paul twitchell founded eckankar in the late 90s? Mr freethinker, I hope you know what you are saying?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Evangkatsoulis: 12:44am On Oct 16, 2018
Chinny024:
On a more serious note ..This eckankar,is it church or what... One of my colleague is inviting me to their program towards Rumukwurusi Portharcourt..
Don't want to attend though but she kept on pressing me.. Saying it's normal church program for ember month.. cool shocked
What are they Biko....Are they not church?
Don't want to use my legs carry myself inside problem.. grin shocked shocked

If you are christian, don't go! If not, you are free.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Evangkatsoulis: 12:45am On Oct 16, 2018
frozen70:
He belongs to his family and have to come out of that stupid whatever he put himself in

A man without a family is like a man without God, he should obey his family

He is laying foundations for a solitude life

If he continues that way he will be alone on the surface of this earth

Even if he dies no member of his family will claim his corpse

His corpse will belong to unclaimed corpses and you know what happens with it

What is his business with what happens to his corpse?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Evangkatsoulis: 12:54am On Oct 16, 2018
Rumicarter:

He should disown his Family and move in with you? Is 'Honour your Father and Mother' in you people's bible at all?

So what would you choose between a personal relationship with God or a relationship with your "parents"?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Bluezy13(m): 5:24am On Oct 16, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Paul twitchell founded eckankar in the late 90s? Mr freethinker, I hope you know what you are saying?

I stand corrected.

Only after you must have carried out a proper research and you will reference it, so I could consult your reference as well.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by equity1(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2018
LightSpirit:
To those Christians judging Eckankar as occult group, they are only exposing their ignorance.

Take it or leave it, Christ Jesus remain an occult figure.

You 'cover' yourself with BLOOD of Jesus, what can be more occult than that?

Is it the concept of trinity, or the many esoteric teachings of Jesus, the cross, the Eucharist/holy communion or the MYSTERY of his birth?

It is my feeling that the so called Christians always reject the true occult Christ to embrace the Christs of their ideals. And nothing is responsible for this but fear - fear of the unknown.

Note..¤ I'm not an eckist, neither do I belong to any sect, religious or esoteric group. I'm a seeker without brand. But I love Jesus.
Confused human being.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by LightSpirit: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2018
equity1:
Confused human being.
It is difficult explaining what light is to the blind (ignorant). Even Divine Light would seem black to him because his eyes are never open. There seem to be a blindfold of religion over your eyes.

All what you can conceive about a man like Jesus are consequent upon borrowed knowledge and not your experience. If you have just a glimpse of his (Christ's) reality you will not find a man more beautifully occult than him. HE'S darker than your darkness because your darkness is evil and HIS darkness is pure. HE'S brighter than your light, because your light is a fight against darkness and not a harmony. Your light is finite, it will die in its fight. But Christ's Light is eternal. Your own load (your darkness) is heavy, but HIS burden (Christ's darkness) is easy. HE'S a mysterious paradox - a mystery no knowledge can solve, only experience will help.

I know your problem is with the word occult. Occult means hidden or mystery - it is neutral. Bad or good can come out of it, it depends on you. Your soul, God, afterlife, the future are all hidden, they are occult. And whatsoever you make of them depend on you.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

As a christian, did you not have a 100% faith in the word of christ? If so, did you believe that "christ is the only way, and other paths are paths to destruction"? If yes, why try to learn the ways of a path to destruction? Did you have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe, or at least holy spirit-filled?

You strike me as one who doesn't know his left from his right!

You strike me as a religious bigot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.