Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,171 members, 7,856,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (35776 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by mechanics(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Since the place where he worship is not a Bible believing church, he should desist from going there so as not to incure the wrath of God, and maybe his family members sees what he does not see, so he should obey them.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Cheeryfeet: 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:
Just because a person doesn't hold same religious beliefs as you, doesn't make his/her religious body occultic.

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews. Who has Bewitched you

In the developed world, nobody cares whether you are a Muslim, a Christian, or a person with no religion.

If I were the guy, I'll disown such a family before they do. They are not his family members. A family will respect and support your individual decision, religious view inclusive.

Everyone must not be a Christian!

Who has bewitched Nigeria?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Cheeryfeet: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:
Just because a person doesn't hold same religious beliefs as you, doesn't make his/her religious body occultic.

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews. Who has Bewitched you

In the developed world, nobody cares whether you are a Muslim, a Christian, or a person with no religion.

If I were the guy, I'll disown such a family before they do. They are not his family members. A family will respect and support your individual decision, religious view inclusive.

who has Bewitched you

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by buddy221(m): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:
I am an Eckist, Eckankar is a Religion not a cult and I can boldly tell u majority of the people here condemning Eckankar have no idea what its all about dey have never attended any of their programs or read any of their books... You no understand something u no go ask questions? Why jump into conclusions and spread false rumours? As an Eckist we keep a diary what we call dream journal der we write down all our dreams n surround dem to God coz we believe dream is one of the fastest ways God communicate with us so we write down our dreams and also day to day experiences we study dem n watch how it affects our lives dah way we are able to interpret our dreams ourselves without d aid of anybody... Its possible what the family saw is his dream journal n dey d family are d people using diabolical means to attack him hence he wrote down his experience inviting the Eck masters what christians call angels to take control of d situation.. now d family want him to leave Eckankar? Well for his safety he shud disown his family instead... If u need any more answers concerning Eckankar contact me on whatsapp @07035489697
MY BROTHER PEOPLE HATE WHAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by ossai2(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
Pls disown him sharp, sharp his a treat to the family, as far as he has started writing his family members names on a sheet of a paper, wahala don't de come be DAT.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
Cheeryfeet:
who has Bewitched you

Lol....
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by buddy221(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
Blesbaby:
Good day all.... I am a member of Eckankar (Eckist), Eckankar is a path of love... It is the religion of the light and sound of God. It is not an occultic group, we have a website www.eckankar.com, we have TV program on silver bird by 3.30 pm on Sunday's, also radio programs on ekofm on Saturdays,...We preach about divine Love and how to be a coworker with God. Today's topic in service is "The Blessings of Gratitude" ...Our spiritual journey is personal, I was a student of UNILAG and we usually hold Eckcampus fellowship close to sport center at amphi theatre,... Eckankar is registered on campus through the DSA.... #Eckankarisnotoccult #Eckislove.... Eckankar is a path of freedom, Eckankar means "Path of the Holy Spirit.... We love God... The Supreme deity, The most,.... Let's continue to see the others as extension of ourselves... Let us tolerate each others religious view... Tanx... From Blessing,..WithLove
PEOPLE HATE WHAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND. JUST FOLLOW THE PATH THET LEADS TO LIGHT AND SOUND OF God.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Naturalle(f): 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yes, and I didn't leave cos it was occultic, I left because I felt I needed to hear more about living a faith based life than trying to explain every circumstance based on karma.

Ese95:

And you know this as an ex member of Eckankar?

3 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chiedozie198100: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:

It's quite sad that you could sit in the comfort of your home and tell another that he has no idea of what he is saying based on his personal experience.

Bro, say what you know and what you've personally experienced. What you read in the media are not always true.

What persecution in several European countries have you witnessed?

P. S: I think you are exhibiting a high level of stupidity by telling me that I don't know what I'm saying about a country that I live in. Here, people don't judge you based on your religion.

You that know, please tell me from 9ja how seriously people take your religious beliefs here?
France banned the wearing of hijab in public places.

N I'm sure they don't care about religion.

Germans have demonstrated severally for the govt to stop asylum from Syria n other Islamic places.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by rastaLivity: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
Chinny024:
On a more serious note ..This eckankar,is it church or what... One of my colleague is inviting me to their program towards Rumukwurusi Portharcourt..
Don't want to attend though but she kept on pressing me.. Saying it's normal church program for ember month.. cool shocked
What are they Biko....Are they not church?
Don't want to use my legs carry myself inside problem.. grin shocked shocked
to fly for night dey hungry you Shey? you stay in rumuhwurusi?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
that's what i told him, maybe he mistook his aunt for an eckist.

Exactly
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Hundredfold4lif(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
pimper24:
Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

Please RUN from Eckankar oooo!!!! I take God beg you ooooo!!!! 100% OCCULT!
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Joecrane(f): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
Chinny024:
On a more serious note ..This eckankar,is it church or what... One of my colleague is inviting me to their program towards Rumukwurusi Portharcourt..
Don't want to attend though but she kept on pressing me.. Saying it's normal church program for ember month.. cool shocked
What are they Biko....Are they not church?
Don't want to use my legs carry myself inside problem.. grin shocked shocked

Please NEVER EVER try am oooo. I had a friend/roommate back then in school who was about two academic years ahead of me, it never went well with him. Some one invited him to one of their gatherings, from there they followed him up. At a time he felt like he doesn't understand what was going on ( the initiation, the long hours in their lodge /temple underground, the introduction to strange spiritual exercises and strange spiritual presence he started observing ). All these bestirred him to seek to leave. Omo for where! He actually left them but he had mental issues until he attended a fellowship program in NIFES and got delivered. Sister please steer clear of that group.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
Naturalle:
Yes, and I didn't leave cos it was occultic, I left because I felt I needed to hear more about living a faith based life than trying to explain every circumstance based on karma.

You shud say you cud not comprehend with their teachings if truly u were once an eckist than brand it occultic. With wat u said here derz nothing attributing it to a cult do not spread ignorance please.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:

Whilst I was in the university in Nigeria, I attended Eckankar, AMORC and regular churches. Some of my friends thought I was weird. Most of them thought I was completely mad. None realized that I was just trying to be myself; I was trying to understand the different religion so I could better understand and live harmoniously with people of different religious background and worldviews.

baba you just talk my mind finish.... Nigerians were finally converted to christianity... Now they see others as inferior and occultic.... They now believe that they are all knowing.... If they were buddhist will they have converted to christianity.... As a christian we have to respect others belief because if our fathers didnt accept it we wont be here spilling trash..... Who really bewitched nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Hundredfold4lif(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
pimper24:
Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

they will confuse people with Christian-sound-like songs/hymns. They preach quoting Bible portions but twist them to suit their esoteric whims. Eckankar is not associated to the same God of the Bible. Their "holy" book written by one of their "gods" is a deformed text poured from hell. Everything is antithetical to the Living Word of God!!!!

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nelson247: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
falcon01:
My country people and their stupid beliefs

He has the right to join whatever group he wants to na.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
Joecrane:

Please NEVER EVER try am oooo. I had a friend/roommate back then in school who was about two academic years ahead of me, it never went well with him. Some one invited him to one of their gatherings, from there they followed him up. At a time he felt like he doesn't understand what was going on ( the initiation, the long hours in their lodge /temple underground, the introduction to strange spiritual exercises and strange spiritual presence he started observing ). All these bestirred him to seek to leave. Omo for where! He actually left them but he had mental issues until he attended a fellowship program in NIFES and got delivered. Sister please steer clear of that group.

Dats nt eckankar
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by falcon01: 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nelson247:

He has the right to join whatever group he wants to na.
yeah
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Mmuo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2018
iphanyiuma:
It's quite sad that in a country like Nigeria you get persecuted for having control over your own life and mind.. The Muslims hate that you're not a Muslim the Christian see you as a sinner even tho you've never offended them.. That's how somebody tagged me a sinner because I had earrings on.. We should learn to accept people and respect their decisions because they don't believe in what you do does not make them any less human.. Even the Bible says love your neighbor as you love yourself...

Do you think Eckists will accept you with your earrings?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Bobbykenz: 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2018
kingthreat:

If the bolded is true, they should go ahead and disown him. If I hear any member of my family is into any of the below, our relationship will be as distant as from here to the North Pole:

Reformed Ogboni Fraternity
Eckankar
Amorc
Brotherhood of the Cross & star
Anything occultic.

A man's enemies shall be members of his own household
Brotherhood OF the cross and star is not a cult
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by 1Sharon(f): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
Some ppl are not Christians get over it

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by edibless0(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:
a few weeks back I was having an argument with my mum regarding this ekankar stuff.
she view it as an occultic group while to me it is just a group of religious people with a different way of worship.
let me wait for others opinion
you're not far from the truth bro.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by 1Sharon(f): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
BethelD1:
Respect your family.. There is safety in following family instructions, Jehovah clear your eyes in Jesus's name

Rubbish. Does the family respect him? undecided

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
1Sharon:

Rubbish. Does the family respect him? undecided

Help me ask am o..
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by uzoronwusa: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
people fear what they don't know, my father is an eckist, they are not occult in any way, they are just worshipping God in their own way.

There's nothing like their own way
Jesus Christ says I am the way,not a way to the father.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by 1Sharon(f): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
AleAirHub:
I will rather affirm my spiritual exercises to an occult
body widely known than backdoor own that is hidden under the gesture of religion body.

GOD REJECT THAT....

Eckankar is purely occult...

JESUS IS LORD ALL THE TIME
kiss kiss kiss

So when Jesus said drink his blood and eat his flesh, what do you call that?

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by 1Sharon(f): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
LeoFish92:

God bless you my brother, in a neighborhood meeting, my dad got into an argument with an Eckankar man, the man bragged that he'll show him superior powers.

Two days later, my brother was shot in the dream, he woke up with a pain at the exact spot he was shot, on his chest.

Still same night, a distant cousin had a terrible dream of where I died and according to her, it was so real she was crying when she woke up..

Still same night, mum that was at omugwo in Lagos woke up with bleeding, imagine an old woman having such.

All happened same night !

Anyone who tells me those guys are not occultic needs his head to be examined.

Ur family is not prayerful enough.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:

she belong to eckankar and she was buried by them. the burial arrangement was almost all about them. although she was a good, peace loving and nice person while alive
did she belong to them by marriage or just went to join them.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
did she belong to them by marriage or just went to join them.
not by marriage as she was not married at the time of joining
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by uzoronwusa: 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
1Sharon:

So when Jesus said drink his blood and eat his flesh, what do you call that?
He was speaking figuratively. When you eat his words (hide it in your Heart and obey them),that was made flesh, you are eating, literarily , his flesh.dont get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:

not by marriage as she was not married at the time of joining
hmm God bless her soul, though i still don't know how eckankar came about ritual sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video) / 208 Names Of Jesus Christ / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.