Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,357 members, 7,850,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (35725 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Entom(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:
a few weeks back I was having an argument with my mum regarding this ekankar stuff.
she view it as an occultic group while to me it is just a group of religious people with a different way of worship.
let me wait for others opinion

What do they worship?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AleAirHub(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
Sir...

Your last opinion will only stand if his parents has finally chase him out of their home and that doesn't certified his finally live rather a delegate will be sent to pledge on his behave with other measures to see if his parents will change their mind. It's when all these measures has been explored & his parents didn't change their decision then your last opinion may apply...

That's where Harmony & respect comes in Sir.

Because asking him to leave the house without a pronouncement from his parents is totally DISOBEDIENCE.

Ese95:

I guess u also read for his "safety" its being included based on experience if being faced between denouncing ur faith n choosing ur family i'd rather go with my faith n as a christian if ur true to ursef u wud do same n also if ur religion give room for all u listed d parents won't threaten to disown him for being an eckist.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
psychologist:
Nairaland and my friend, my friend friend

Oga stop going to eckanka dey are more or less a cult undecided

Have you been a member of Eckankar before?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
pimper24:
Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

Sad

It's this brand of misguided "terrorist evangelism" that alienates many from the Body of Christ

Even GOD respects people's right to choose.

You can advise your friend to reach out to any objective third party close to the family, someone the family will listen to.

He can then politely explain the reasons for his beliefs and the diary symbols, and appeal for mutual understanding

People aren't won to Christ through arm-twisting tactics and threats.

GOD is Love

P. S. Please update us on how it goes

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AleAirHub(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
I have had you & thank you sir.
chrisbaxtian:

smh! you made an emphatic statement and could not back it up. too many ignorant folks here.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
people fear what they don't know, my father is an eckist, they are not occult in any way, they are just worshipping God in their own way.
I am not a member neither am I planning to be one but I just want to understand some things about most religious group.
but her point of labeling them occultic was the way they buried their dead. my aunty was a member and she was very rich,use to do some rituals,died very young and the events that took place in her burial made my mum to conclude that they are occultic

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
lastempero:
Why seek knowledge that will destroy you, I have a friend that is trying to runaway from them but there is no way out.

Super story. Let your friend tell you the truth

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
Entom:

What do they worship?

God
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Jfrankination(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
Bannylove13:
Eck is an occultic group that don't believe that they are occultic..

The hate the Bible with passion and won't allow it anywhere near their homes..

They believe in soul travel.. and so many other things that ain't right.

Though it's not proper to disown their kid..they should show him love of God ..pray for him . That God will touch him and bring him back to his senses..

Something made him join Eck..might be anything..power money protection..etc..

Eckists don't believe in God most times be sure before u speak
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

How many know how to develop d ability to understand their dreams n use it their daily lives? How many know how to accommodate odas? How many know how to love God n let others love God their own way? How many people know life challenges are stepping stones? How many really know Karma and reincarnation entails n how it affects ur daily life?
am sorry to ask but did you register so you could come defend your religion.....i can see you just registered and you are giving it hot hot
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
Bannylove13:
Eck is an occultic group that don't believe that they are occultic..

The hate the Bible with passion and won't allow it anywhere near their homes..

They believe in soul travel.. and so many other things that ain't right.

And who told you that soul travel is wrong? What do you think your soul dies when you are asleep it when you think deeply?

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
AleAirHub:
Sir...

Your last opinion will only stand if his parents has finally chase him out of their home and that doesn't certified his finally live rather a delegate will be sent to pledge on his behave with other measures to see if his parents will change their mind. It's when all these measures has been explored & his parents didn't change their decision then your last opinion may apply...

That's where Harmony & respect comes in Sir.

Because asking him to leave the house without a pronouncement from his parents is totally DISOBEDIENCE.

Am a ma not sir like i said if given the option to chose my faith or family i go with my faith. Thanks
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Jfrankination(m): 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
Bluezy13:

In every School of Thought, there is the shallow doctrine made available to the general public such as seen in Google search. But, buried within is the real doctrine which only those who have passed through certain stages will have access to.

I'm a free thinker, i have followed a little bit the courses of some of these Schools of Thought in an attempt to acquire knowledge.

An Igbo proverb says that a good visitor is one who knows when to leave.
Wisdom has thought me to know when to stop and retract in my quest for knowledge so as not to soil my hands. Because the love for this quest can be enticing most times.

It is not bad to seek truth, it is only bad and detrimental to seek it blindly. After all, occultism is the science of hidden truth.
was an Eckists from BIRTH. i will choose Eckankar over Christianity anytime anywhere any day anyhow. even though i don't have time for anything religious now but it makes sense than Christianity
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
Entom:

What do they worship?
I don't know for now. will found out with time
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
missdee384:
am sorry to ask but did you register so you could come defend your religion.....i can see you just registered and you are giving it hot hot

Yes i registered to "Enlighten" people about my religion since it seems majority here are ignorant
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
gidjah:
He has to obey his patents .For now he is under them he has to obey them totally .Whenever he gets on his own, then he may choose to be one even a HERBALIST, that won't bother them much .(but they should consider themselves losers because you have then finally failed them !!

So because he stays with his parents he shouldn't have a brain or opinion of his home? Someone who probably is in University? What is wrong with us in this country. Are we breeding adults or babies? Why can't we allow a different opinion flourish.

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Jfrankination:
Eckists don't believe in God most times be sure before u speak

Please what do they believe in?

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by AleAirHub(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2018
Noted ma.
Ese95:

Am a ma not sir like i said if given the option to chose my faith or family i go with my faith. Thanks
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:

I am not a member neither am I planning to be one but I just want to understand some things about most religious group.
but her point of labeling them occultic was the way they buried their dead. my aunty was a member and she was very rich,use to do some rituals,died very young and the events that took place in her burial made my mum to conclude that they are occultic

Rituals? Please ur Aunty was not an eckist.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Jfrankination(m): 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

Please what do they believe in?
i asked u a question. Eckankar worshippers believe in God but not through Jesus. simple

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
The same way Christianity has killed the extended family system by making people believe that their problems are caused by witches in the village
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Mklanceee:

i want you to know something today, most Christians believer u see sometime belong to another sect of religion, don't look anyone going to church as saint, back to the matter of ur aunt, she may not belong to eckankar alone, or probably u mistake her sect to be an eckist, well though, have never witness their burial because my dad which is member is still alive.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by chiedozie198100: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
ansellotty:

In Germany, for instance, about 59.3% of the population are Christians, 34.4% doesn't have a religion, 5.5% Islam, and 0.8% belong to other religions. Yet, no one judge you because you are not a Christian or Muslim. Everyone allows you to live your life as you deem fit!

What I'm trying to say in essence is that in Africa, people shouldn't classify a certain religion as being occultic. Whether or not I choose to believe in a certain religion should be left for me as an individual to decide!

U have no idea of what you are saying.
Muslims r persecuted in almost all European countries.

1 Like

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
dancok:
i want you to know something today, most Christians believer u see sometime belong to another sect of religion, don't look anyone going to church as saint, back to the matter of ur aunt, she may not belong to eckankar alone, or probably u mistake her sect to be an eckist, well though, have never witness their burial because my dad which is member is still alive.

The Aunt was never an eckist
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by afroxyz: 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
LightSpirit:
To those Christians judging Eckankar as occult group, they are only exposing their ignorance.

Take it or leave it, Christ Jesus remain an occult figure.

You 'cover' yourself with BLOOD of Jesus, what can be more occult than that?

Is it the concept of trinity, or the many esoteric teachings of Jesus, the cross, the Eucharist/holy communion or the MYSTERY of his birth?

It is my feeling that the so called Christians always reject the true occult Christ to embrace the Christs of their ideals. And nothing is responsible for this but fear - fear of the unknown.

Note..¤ I'm not an eckist, neither do I belong to any sect, religious or esoteric group. I'm a seeker without brand. But I love Jesus.

Thank you!!!! Finally someone with some brains to seek out the truth rather than being spoon-fed by family and religion

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Jfrankination(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
kaycee2much:
[Eckanker I know is a religion that operates like a cult even though they deny being one. One has to grow grom one level to another .Except you are promoted by their godman ,the mahanta who is a man in a wheelchair from America,a divorcee whose only daughter and child is not even an eckist. She is a christian! Again you have to renew your membership every your for the mahanta to recognize you. .They do not condemn divorce for obvious reasons,and neither are they against homosexuality and abortion. I can go on and on. Eckists are usually brainwashed by their trachers called arahatas brainwash them of the grave consequences they stand to face should they leave Eckankar. Thrre ste so many other secretes as so many things are shrouded in secrecyte author=pimpqer24 post=72069337]Please urgent advise is need. A friend of mine who is an Eckist or member of Eckankar has confided in that his family has concluded plans to disown him because of his membership of the religious group.

They accused him of using occultic powers to hoodwink members of his family. His younger brother said he bumped into his diary where he wrote the family members' names and also different bizarre names beside each for reasons no one could explain.

He has been mandated to denounce his membership or get expelled from the family.

nawa oh, where u fabricate all these from? Sei Harold Klemp a divorcee?? his children Christians? say what you know please.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
Jfrankination:
i asked u a question. Eckankar worshippers believe in God but not through Jesus. simple

So becos Jesus christ is not our mediator means we do not worship God?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Ese95: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
Jfrankination:
nawa oh, where u fabricate all these from? Sei Harold Klemp a divorcee?? his children Christians? say what you know please.

Harold klemp was a divorcee and his only child is not an eckist...
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
chiedozie198100:

U have no idea of what you are saying.
Muslims r persecuted in almost all European countries.

It's quite sad that you could sit in the comfort of your home and tell another that he has no idea of what he is saying based on his personal experience.

Bro, say what you know and what you've personally experienced. What you read in the media are not always true.

What persecution in several European countries have you witnessed?

P. S: I think you are exhibiting a high level of stupidity by telling me that I don't know what I'm saying about a country that I live in. Here, people don't judge you based on your religion.

You that know, please tell me from 9ja how seriously people take your religious beliefs here?
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

Rituals? Please ur Aunty was not an eckist.
that's what i told him, maybe he mistook his aunt for an eckist.
Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Jfrankination(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
agadam:

incating HUU
shouting Holy Ghost fire isn't occultic abi?

2 Likes

Re: His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Jfrankination(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ese95:

So becos Jesus christ is not our mediator means we do not worship God?
I'm an Eckist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.