Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,014 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Lying Husband - A Story By Ayodele Adeoye - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Lying Husband - A Story By Ayodele Adeoye (1192 Views)

My Lying Husband - A Story By Ayodele Adeoyemy Lying Husband A Story By Ayodele / My Lying Husband - A Story By Ayodele Adeoye / My Lying Husband - A Story By Ayodele Adeoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Lying Husband - A Story By Ayodele Adeoye by ayodeledy: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2018
MY LYING HUSBAND

A STORY BY AYODELE ADEOYE

PART TWO

My dad attempted suicide and he was caught on the scene and was rescued. He had written a long suicide note narrating the root of his problems and how much he loved us. Below is the content of his suicide note;

My dear wife and children, I am sorry I have to take my life because I could no longer watch you suffer right in my presence. You all know how much I had tried to give you a good life but all my efforts were like that of a man who fetches water inside a basket.

I have a secret I have never shared with anyone before that I will like to share with you in this note. I was not poor like this before but I was childless for the first five years of my marriage. In an attempt to have children, I visited a native doctor who checked my destiny and revealed to me that my destiny cannot hold both riches and children together. That is, if I wanted wealth, I will die childless, but if I wanted children, I will die poor. So, I chose children over wealth. I actually didn't know the poverty will be as bad as this when I chose it.

It was after this consultation my wife conceived and gave birth to Prisca and Josephine. Benjamin came a year later. My wife is also hearing this secret for the first time. This is why I have been battling with survival all this while. Please forgive me, I can no long withstand your suffering anymore.

Your Husband/Father.

This above, is dad's suicide note. A suicide he was not successful at. We read the note while dad buried his head down for shame. We wept bitterly. That was the first day I made a vowed never to allow this poverty continue in my lineage. If this poverty did not kill me, I will kill it, I promised. This was what led me out in search of a better life in Lagos. When I left for Lagos, I knew no one but my instinct told me I will find help.

I left for Lagos in a time my parent could not afford my transport from Benin to Lagos. I had to work for one week in Adolo farm to be able to raise transport fare. It was a dark moment for my family.

When I got to Ojota, I had nowhere to go to so I joined a bus going to Yaba where I met a nursing mother carrying two leather bags. She dropped at Jibowu and I dropped along with her as if we were going to same direction. "Good afternoon ma, can I help you with one of your leather bag ma?," I requested. She was a bit nervous but she pretended to be okay. "Thanks", she said and handed over one of the bags to me. "Where are you going to?", she asked. "Ma, I don't have anywhere I am going to, I am a stranger in Lagos and I came to look for a greener pasture." "Please ma, can you help me?", I begged her. She looked at me strangely, stared at my small traveling bag. I could understand the questions in her mind because her face said it all.

I followed her to her house that day. She treated me well and gave me a place to put up for that night. Very early in the morning, she woke me up and introduced me to her husband. Her husband was a policeman who was on night duty and just arrived that morning. He interrogated me like one criminal but I was good at answering all his questions without mincing words. I will take you somewhere tomorrow where you will be needed as a house girl, he promised after his long interrogation. I was very happy and thanked him and his wife. This was my journey to Mr Adeshina's house.

The real story is about to start....
Other Stories By Ayodele Adeoye;

1. Married But No Sex
2. Accidental Marriage
3. The Married Reverend Father
4. The Man I Married
5. My Spirit Wife
6. Impregnate Me Or I Die
7. Magun
8. Pastor's Second Wife
9. My Rich Wife
10. My Father Impregnated Me

To subscribe for any of these stories click on this link http://ayodeleadeoye.sadorect.com/

Or call +2348036136040

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Bad Move Or Not? / Adorable pictures of a FUNAAB female finalist on AGBADA / What Lie Have You Told, that forced you to changed Your Life for ever ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.