Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo (71479 Views)

10 Policemen Injured In Ibadan, Their AK-47 Rifles Seized By Oyo Park Managers / Police Arrest Top ESN Commander In Anambra, Recover Six Rifles (Photo) / DSS Recovers AK-47 Rifles, Bullets, Bloody Charms From Igboho's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by legibow: 11:53am On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.
It is an unforgivable sin to stand on the altar with a rifle.

This type of sin won't have gone unpunished in the days of the biblical Moses and David.
Sometimes I get angry with the Lord for being such a merciful God.

Christianity as a religion of peace and longsuffering must not be associated with any tool of violence.
(Matthew 26:52, Luke 6:29, John 18:11)
can somebody slap sense into this man � head

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Anstone: 11:54am On Oct 21, 2018
luvinhubby:

Please keep quiet.

Nehemiah built the walls of Jerusalem with tools on one hand and weapons on the other

He's right... Jesus preach against taking up weapons. He also mention that whoever that kills by the sword will die by it. One question I have for those whom claim to be Christians today is: "are they really following Jesus's instructions (which should make them Christians) or following what they feels is right?" Remember, Jesus instructions is what we should look upto, not our own mind.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by luckyogor(m): 11:57am On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=dafeyankee post=72279436]Praise the Lord.

Soldiers for Christ.

For the uninformed,Soldiers take their weapons everywhere with them when at war, even to the toilet,mosque and church, because attacks can come anytime.

I know someone will ask why they are carrying guns in church.[/quote
Hmmmmm,they can take their guns anywhere them like,all i know is that they are team retreat and abandonment fc,they have been retreating since 2011 till date.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
BRASH:
why are U offended? He didn't mention any religion but u chose to express such unwaranted anger. It goes to show that there is actually a religion of violence,and u a member

Did I mention a religion too? It goes to show that there is a religion that promotes terrorism, hate, destruction, bigotry, hypocrisy, violence and you are a member
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by koxi: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

This type of sin won't have gone unpunished in the days of the biblical Moses and David.

Christianity as a religion of peace and longsuffering must not be associated with any tool of violence.

You definitely forgot to take your medication and now its affecting you...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by snapshot: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

i was thinking you will quote one bible verse that prohibits carrying guns to church

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Glink2018(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
Proverbs 19:2b Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good;'

I may not know your religion but with your comments posted, it shows that you don't have adequate knowledge of scriptures.

Pray this prayer Paul in the book of Ephesians 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,"

quote author=realmindz post=72279843]If only the god they worship could defend them,
If only that god had not let evil befall the people they defend
What a sad world, that god never cared about the people they defended nor the soldiers defending those being defended.
But to look at the positive side, it's a good thing they have time to entertain themselves even though their worships don't go beyond the roofs and even if it goes beyond the roofs, It does not go beyond space....

On a lighter note, lemme share this funny idea,

The day Nigeria army will engage Israeli Army in war fare, how will Nigerian soldiers pray.."oh god of Israel, deliver the Israelites unto our hands"

While we pray, advanced countries are building...Africa wake up, your god is no where in Israel nor Asia[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by YUSUFAALIKALI(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
IS PART OF THEIR WORK THEY ARE NOT LIKE POLICE.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by imran147(m): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

Shattap there
If God is not merciful how on earth will you be alive with all your sin,Adultery,and athrocity you have commit and more to come in future ....Our Lord is merciful one...stop been bigotry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Anstone: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
when Nehemiah rebuilt the wall they had their weapons while working...Sure thing our GOD being merciful.

Their actions was based on God's instructions then, on the contrary, Christians today should obey God's commandments through Jesus which says: "make disciples from all nations, do not take up weapon..."

2 Corinthians 10:4 says: The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

Are we(imperfect) to follow what seems okay to us or follow what the creator(perfect) desire fromy us?
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by luvinhubby(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
Anstone:

He's right... Jesus preach against taking up weapons. He also mention that whoever that kills by the sword will die by it. One question I have for those whom claim to be Christians today is: "are they really following Jesus's instructions (which should make them Christians) or following what they feels is right?" Remember, Jesus instructions is what we should look upto, not our own mind.

This is bible also - Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Luke 22:36 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/luk.22.36.NKJV
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

Hey boy, ain't nothing blasphemous about this. Bible says faith without work is dead.

Do you think it'll please God if they are foolish enough to dump their weapons somewhere while in church knowing very well that they are moles in the military that give out strategic info and coordinates to Boko Haram.

Your view on this is heretical. Even David called on God in the theatre of war before launching an offensive with his ballistic missiles against Goliath. He didn't go there bare handedly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Praise the Lord.

Soldiers for Christ.

For the uninformed,Soldiers take their weapons everywhere with them when at war, even to the toilet,mosque and church, because attacks can come anytime.

I know someone will ask why they are carrying guns in church.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Anstone: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
lastmanstandn:

Luke 3:
12Even corrupt tax collectors came to be baptized and asked, “Teacher, what should we do?”

13He replied, “Collect no more taxes than the government requires.”

14“What should we do?” asked some soldiers.

John replied, “Don’t extort money or make false accusations. And be content with your pay.”

Soldiers were not told to leave their guns.

Matthew 26:52 ESV

Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

John 14:15 ESV “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by kaliboi94(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

Oga try hard with your brain not to misunderstand bible quotes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by realmindz: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
Glink2018:
Proverbs 19:2b Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good;'

I may not know your religion but with your comments posted, it shows that you don't have adequate knowledge of scriptures.

Pray this prayer Paul in the book of Ephesians 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,"

quote author=realmindz post=72279843]If only the god they worship could defend them,
What a sad world, that god never cared about the people they defended nor the soldiers defending those being defended.
But to look at the positive side, it's a good thing they have time to entertain themselves even though their worships don't go beyond the roofs and even if it goes beyond the roofs, It does not go beyond space....

The day Nigeria army will engage Israeli Army in war fare, how will Nigerian soldiers pray.."oh god of Israel, deliver the Israelites unto our hands"

While we pray, advanced countries are building...Africa wake up, your god is no where in Israel nor Asia

Practice what you preach.
Pray for peace in Nigeria, give me the date that Boko Haram will end after praying for peace, or are you afraid your prayer won't work?
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by blackgold2018(m): 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
HardMirror:
you are the mad person here. Why should christians be taking up arms to defend themselves. It is against the teachings of christ. Christians must be ready to die
You don't know your Bible..
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by valentinos22(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
IamD18:
Christianity and weapons don't go together.

There's only but one religion that allows the usage of bomb and guns. Not Christians.

All the same, we thank God for their lives and our lives.
lame post!
where did peter get the sword he used to cut off the mans ear in the presence of Jesus?
95% of the wars won by the Israelites were fought with weapons!
bros wake up oh , no go die like chicken oh.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Clinton207: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

I wonder how you reason.. I'm just lost of words .haba.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by emmy091(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

if you have a brother in the army that was attacked and killed by insurgents during their break in into their Church you won't come here and be saying this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Offpoint: 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
dafeyankee:

At a time you were intelligent,and when you were gone hundreds of people here were asking for you.

Then you came back and was trying too much to be liked, but instead lost your originality and became dumb and senseless.

Why don't you go away and when you get some sense,come back. I think you have lost it.

Nairalanders are responsible for all the silly things that dude keep typing everyday. They gave him too much attentions and now the fame is gradually driving him mad and he doesn't even know it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Mizwisdom(f): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

For once you've made sense even though many can't understand it but the weapons of our warfare are not canal. They must have forgotten to take off their riffles inside the house of God
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Frankicent(m): 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

become Zeus or Hera and do your worst....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Frankicent(m): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
realmindz:
If only the god they worship could defend them,

While we pray, advanced countries are building...Africa wake up, your god is no where in Israel nor Asia

you only living today for a reason. xo don't be a d*ck head.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Marcobos12: 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

Mr sin tracer. Have you forgotten how Israelite built the broken wall of Jerusalem with everyone holding a weapon of warfare.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Jameskyrian(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

I read some posts sometimes and feel irked....

Does this person even know the meaning of blasphemy? Abi na to just quote English word?

Soldiers fighting in the desert found time to worship God and you were concerned about the guns hanging on their necks.....

It was supposed to be plausible.....

Were they supposed to drop their guns at the entrance before worshiping?

Nonsense and ingredients.......

Ooooh, you have forgotten that that place of worship was inside a war thorn Bush....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by condomuser: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
couuughhwwwuu chupppttttt

i just spat on ya face grin

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
Anstone:

Their actions was based on God's instructions then, on the contrary, Christians today should obey God's commandments through Jesus which says: "make disciples from all nations, do not take up weapon..."

2 Corinthians 10:4 says: The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

Are we(imperfect) to follow what seems okay to us or follow what the creator(perfect) desire fromy us?
hmm...ok smiley
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by CaptainFM1: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

Who determines blasphemy? Human or God? We cannot fight battle on God's behalf.... Allow God to fight his own battle.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by pikapizy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
HardMirror:
he made a lot of sense. Wake up. Jesus preached against his followers taking up weapons or defending themselves. You are not a christian obviously
. Yet Peter had a dagger the day they came to carry his Master Jesus ... Or did they tell you he borrowed the dagger from the soldiers ? Everybody carry !!!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by LimAnc(m): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Receive sense...
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pure blasphemy.

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo by Mulatta(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
Wirelessmic:

Have you seen you doctor?
It's forbidden when ones intention is to kill, but they're with those rifles to defend themselves. Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Discovers Hidden Money In Ikoyi Lagos Home (Photos, Video) / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.