Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. (5173 Views)

When You Paid Your Girlfriend's School Fees Till She Graduates And / Is It Right To Pay A Girlfriend School Fees ? / “boyfriend That Can't Be Paying His Girl N100k As Salary, Is Not A Boyfriend” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by lexotan(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
A while back, a story broke out that a soldier had killed his girlfriend after dumping him. The reason for the brutal murder was the said girl had rejected him after paying her college fees. At such a point, as a mature man with all brain cells in tip-top condition, you’d just ask yourself ‘what would Jesus do?

It is not an isolated case. Many men out there have endured the burden of paying for school fees only for the girl to turn her back against him. Many have swallowed humble pie and let the situation slide, just as Jesus would have done.

The only reason that would guarantee you paying school fees, is when the two of you are married. Period. There’s no other reason. In so doing you will be improving someone who already belongs to you. Other than that, you shouldn’t, and here’s why.

You can’t buy love

Men who pay their girlfriends fees do so in the name of buying their love. It is akin to tying a yoke of expectations on these girl’s shoulders. In the end, you turn back and tell her, ‘you see I paid your school fees and you must love me.’ Love can never be bought. The unconditional love is the best, and if you must pay school fees then do so with an unconditional heart.

School fees is a parent's role

It is a parent’s role to pay for their child’s school fees. They may be poor but many have crossed oceans for their children to get an education so that they can uplift them from poverty. It just is not right for a man to do so, especially when you attach the condition of marriage to the gesture.

It is a sign of weakness on the man’s part

As earlier stated, paying school fees can be likened to buying love. If you try to win a woman’s heart with it then probably it is a sign of weakness from you. Alpha males do not need an external form of motivation to please a girl. They are just themselves and ladies will fall in love with them without having to extend monetary baits.

In conclusion,paying of school fees for one's girlfriend should not be a priority or duty,you can do such willingly or voluntarily with no strings attached,please dont come to nairaland and be lamenting how one babe you have been sponsoring her education dumped you oooo,lolzzz.

However,our dear ladies please and please,if you know you will not marry the man that want to or is sponsoring you education in future,abeg,just terminate the relationship on time,in order not to break a brother's heart oooo,lolzzz.

Love and at the same time,please use your brain......

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Oreofepeters: 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
you actually made sense....
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by dingbang(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
Nobody owes a lady anything, esp stuff like money for making of hair, ah mean, even before you met the guy, you have been taking good care of yaself so why now dump such on the nigga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by drips8(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
dingbang:
Nobody owes a lady anything, esp stuff like money for making of hair, ah mean, even before you met the guy, you have been taking good care of yaself so why now dump such on the nigga

Spot on
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by tosyne2much(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
dingbang:
So you mean you can't give your woman the money to make her hair?
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by dingbang(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
I have done that bro,but don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be a right! Don't let these ladies use you bro. Be smart!

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by tosyne2much(m): 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
dingbang:
I have done that bro,but don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be a right! Don't let these ladies use you bro. Be smart!
Yeah you have a point

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by MichaelBlake40: 1:23am On Oct 22, 2018
tosyne2much:
Why should i,shebi she has been taking care of herself before i met her.That i am her boyfriend doesn't mean that anytime she wants money she should come running 2 me.It iz not her right 2 collect money 4rm me
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Alexaonfleek: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2018
Paying your girlfriend's school fees is very abnormal and stupid even if the girl loves you do much.its OK to send her pocket money sometimes and spend a bit of money on her but paying the school fees.... Haba!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by kalu61(m): 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
Paying your girlfriend's school fees is very abnormal and stupid even if the girl loves you do much.its OK to send her pocket money sometimes and spend a bit of money on her but paying the school fees.... Haba!!
Hmm, supporting the motion.
Make l kukuma keep my school fees back
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by tosyne2much(m): 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2018
MichaelBlake40:

Why should i,shebi she has been taking care of herself before i met her.That i am her boyfriend doesn't mean that anytime she wants money she should come running 2 me.It iz not her right 2 collect money 4rm me
That's not how to play love bro.. Just pray you find a lady that will appreciate every kobo you spend on her... Not every lady is an ingrate as you think

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Nobodys(f): 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
kalu61:
Hmm, supporting the motion.
Make l kukuma keep my school fees back
Why not give her if you have?.
It's not an obligation buh if you've thought of it then she probably needs it..
I don't know how to put this well buh you can't carry a calculator into relationship....You help if you want to and when you can......

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by dingbang(m): 6:19am On Oct 23, 2018
Nobodys:
Why not give her if you have?.
It's not an obligation buh if you've thought of it then she probably needs it..
I don't know how to put this well buh you can't carry a calculator into relationship....You help if you want to and if you can......
I helped when I could but she was ungrateful. So you see, females need to get their acts right and work for their money
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by LewsTherin: 7:34am On Oct 23, 2018
Doing something expecting a reward is a transaction. It no longer has anything to do with the goodness of a person's heart. If you claim to love someone, then helping that person meet a need is a demonstration of that love otherwise you are deceiving youself as to loving that person.

Being wise doesn't mean using a calculator in a relationship like someone said.

I could and so I basically paid for the final 2 years of my girlfriend's education and funded her youth service. Today, she's the best wife I could have gotten.

Interestingly enough, she funded a huge part of our wedding as I was going through a very bad patch at that time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Toyinsbtc: 8:21am On Oct 23, 2018
When you are rich, u don't see this stuffs as a big deal.... Aside that you won't attach anything to it at all cos right in ur mind u are just doing it to help out....... But when money is the issue with the man... He will definitely attach sumfin to it Cos the step means a lot to him......
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Toyinsbtc: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2018
tosyne2much:
That's not how to play love bro.. Just pray you find a lady that will appreciate every kobo you spend on her... Not every lady is an ingrate as you think

Live up to the responsibility bro.. If you hv got a serious babe..... Spend on ur woman in the best way u can..... That u cannot spend on ur woman is a sign of u not having enof........ My woman does spend her cash, even to the smallest data, I make sure she gets it once it's off her phone.... Let's pray to be rich..... Forget those facts that u can't do sumfin..
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by tosyne2much(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2018
Toyinsbtc:

Live up to the responsibility bro.. If you hv got a serious babe..... Spend on ur woman in the best way u can..... That u cannot spend on ur woman is a sign of u not having enof........ My woman does spend her cash, even to the smallest data, I make sure she gets it once it's off her phone.... Let's pray to be rich..... Forget those facts that u can't do sumfin..
You're on point bro

I know the pains of these guys so I won't really blame them. I know how painful it is giving money to someone who would probably not appreciate it is. Some of these ladies don't know how hard it is to make money so even if you give you collect your salary and hand it to them, it will be like a normal thing to them.
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Harwoyeez(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2018
Sense of entitlement is the major issue here when it becomes her norm. U can imagine a girl telling u she doesn't find joy and happiness in your relationship because you didn't give her what she wants or something less than expected.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by rame18(f): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2018
dingbang:
I helped when I could but she was ungrateful. So you see, females need to get their acts right and work for their money

I was grateful for every kobo you spent and you know that.
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2018
Am forward to when all these kid men go get sense cos dem just get brains but it is empty
Nobody know what will happen in each five minutes of the day not talk of every tomorrow
They will be mumu themselves like them know the Future
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Briee(f): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2018
Brokeys, food don done, oya come attack ladiesgrin
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 23, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
So you're against this too honestly speaking to love is easy but the question is the person you love would he/she value your devotion forever nowadays love is like wifi enjoy when you subscribe useless when you don't subscribe
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by samysmoothfresh: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2018
Briee:

shut up!

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Briee(f): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

shut up!
Na watin be this for my mention? Mpia gi angry
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by mrphysics(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2018
Before I go for any lady, she must either be a graduate or in her finals year. In fact, it's best to meet ladies who are done with NYSC.

Anything short of this is a big no and I won't Articulate such

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by mrphysics(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2018
Briee:
Brieexit please
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by MichaelBlake40: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2018
tosyne2much:
I'm not saying every girl iz an ingrate but this idea that once you're her boo she should be eating ur money i do not support.I mean it's ok to spend on ur babe if u want but the gal acting as if it's her entitlement no no
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by samysmoothfresh: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2018
Briee:
Na watin be this for my mention? Mpia gi angry

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Alexaonfleek: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2018
Iamtosignno:
So you're against this too honestly speaking to love is easy but the question is the person you love would he/she value your devotion forever nowadays love is like wifi enjoy when you subscribe useless when you don't subscribe
ehn if you love the girl so much and you are sure the girl loves you u can go ahead but that school fees stuff is just somehow

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Briee(f): 9:49am On Oct 23, 2018
mrphysics:

Brieexit please
Please what?
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Briee(f): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2018
samysmoothfresh:
Na who be this?
Re: Reasons Not To Be Paying Your Girlfriend's School Fees. by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
ehn if you love the girl so much and you are sure the girl loves you u can go ahead but that school fees stuff is just somehow
Abi Na as if i am her parent

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tramadol: 3 FUTO Students Die During Sex Romp With 1 Female Student / MEN!! This Is What You Look Like If You Are A REAL MAN For That Biittch! (Photo) / Young Girls See Why You Should Not Spread Legs Anyhow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.