Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) (8766 Views)

Enter The "King Of Lamba" Writing Competition- Writertain Writers' League / Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Writertain Writers League .... Registration Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2018
Please all contestants should drop their comments on the discussion thread. Thanks.
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Royver(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2018
Divepen1:

duch12

They say the grass is green on other side but I just found out it isn't. If anyone had told me months ago that I, Ejero will be a slave to one Goddamn Arab man in Malaysia. I will slap the person on both cheeks but here I am, lying on the dirty floor as a slave.
The steel door opened and a hunky Arab man entered, grabbed a woman by her hair and dragged her out. Every day, someone is being dragged out of the cage to God knows where. Will I ever make it out of here alive?

vs

Frankenstein
Fighter

“Clear!”

The defibrillator hummed and jolted me. My mind flashed.

Mummy had warned me about following strangers to their house, but it’d been Bayo who’d taught me fractions and called me ‘Liddle one'.

I’d tried to push him off, but my 9-year-old body proved weak. He’d pinned me on his mattress.

But something had roared in me; Something unnatural.

I’d then bit, scratched, screamed. I was being battered but I’d fought, and I’d won, while he fled scared.

Two weeks later, I woke up in the ICU. Bayo had been caught and the Media was calling me Fighter Girl.

Cc Divepen
Cc Royver

Good job, both of you.

Duch12 you did your best buddy, but your story is not as intriguing as that of Frankenstein's.
Frankenstein. Your words are 101. I deleted one word and read it like that. Pls be more careful next time.

Frankenstein takes it in this round.
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Royver(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2018
Divepen1:
MisterRuk

The Gambler
One. night in Benin, a gambler and his wife were arguing.
His wife nagged:" You are such a useless man!Your gambling is fruitless! When will you find a job and start acting like a real man?"
The gambler replied: "You are right, I'll drop gambling and turn my wrongs into rights by starting with you, because marrying you is the worst gamble I ever did"
Then he brought out a gold ring, he wore it and touched his wife, she turned into a shiny gold statue. The gambler sold the statue to an art museum and he became very rich.

Vs
Divineroyalty

[On entering the interrogation room,Agent Leo felt something was amiss: Chief suspect smiling?

"Hello............"

"I'm here because I was seen yards away from the crime scene with a gun and weird clothes huh?" Suspect interrupted. "Well, I was coming back from my show. That's my costume."

He leaned forward, "There's been over thirty cold case murders dating back three years. Relocated here just a month ago. Ask the neighbours."

Was this an attempt to mess his head ?

Leo felt someone was watching him, as if waiting for him to make a move on the terrible details he was given.

Cc:
Royver
Cc Royver

Correction

Once again, good job to the both of you.
Writing a good story within the space of 100 words isn't easy for most people. You have to be able to pass your message across as quickly and as simply as possible for it to make sense, for it to have a progressive beginning and a reasonable conclusion. In this scenario MisterRuk did a better job. Sorry @divineroyalty.

MisterRuk takes this round.
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Royver(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2018
Divepen1:
Devilmaycry

I'm sorry I pleaded with my hands tied as I woke up but instead recieved a whip to my back.I was Unclad and been tortured by a lady whom I just met.
"Now kneel and bend forward"
she shouted.
I was left with no option but to obey,how did I get myself into this mess?
Then it downed on me what I was into,she was coming with a strapon round her waist.Next I felt someone grabbing my waist from behind and slapping my ass.Trying to force that thing inside me.Ohh alcohol,if only I had listened to the voice of chibuzor.
vs
Kusibe77

What I said earlier about a progressive beginning and a reasonable ending. Good job @devilmaycry. The message has been passed across and you can guess what transpired earlier and what's most likely going to happen next.

I can't see Kusibe77's entry? Is he still in the race? If not devilmaycry takes this round.
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2018
Royver:

What I said earlier about a progressive beginning and a reasonable ending. Good job @devilmaycry. The message has been passed across and you can guess what transpired earlier and what's most likely going to happen next.

I can't see Kusibe77's entry? Is he still in the race? If not devilmaycry takes this round.
He submitted late...

Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 4:12am On Nov 25, 2018
Winners

Team Audreytimms

-1. Peacesamuel94
2. OluwabuqqyYOLO
3. Firstgentleman1

Team Shewrites
1. DrDrewise
2. Jazmynne
3. Generica

Team Royver

1. Frankenstein
2. devilmaycry
3. MisterRuk

Available for Steals
The judges need to pick 2 people from those that are available for steals.
The only rule here is that they can't pick members of their group.

Team Shewrites
2. Juininho
7. Thewriter2018
11. Atayis

Team Audreytimms
3. SenhorSean
18. Missnande
20. Vivypretty

Team Royver
6. Divineroyalty
9. Dutch12
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by AudreyTimms(f): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2018
Steals
1. Juininho
2. Divineroyalty

4 Likes

Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by SheWrites(f): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
Steals
Dutch12
Missnande
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Royver(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
Steals

Atayis
The writer2018
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Stage 3 Twitterture- (140 characters)- Steals battle. November 26-30
Twitterture is a 140-character story. It follows the pattern of those that type on twitter. All characters, including space, mean something.
— This stage is meant for only those that were stolen.
— The judges would pick a contestant here.
— This means the judges now have 4 contestants.

cc
Audreytimms

Juininho
. Divineroyalty

Shewrites

Dutch12
Missnande
Royver
Atayis
The writer2018
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 1:30am On Dec 01, 2018
Audreytimms
Juininho

. Divineroyalty

Her hubby's passport burnt slowly. She had set the fire. His means to the bitch abroad. Then, She saw it, a treatment report on him. Too late!

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 1:33am On Dec 01, 2018
Dutch12

(More than the intended. Up to Judge since opponent refuses to post hers).

Storm
She walked into the room and saw him lying on the floor. She rushed and bent beside him. She put a finger near his nose then below his jaw; no pulse.
She emptied the content of her bag on the floor and searched for her phone. She found it and pressed the power button; the phone was dead!
'poo,' she said and threw the phone on the bed.
She pressed his chest hard thrice and heard a crack. Her heart jumped to her mouth. She has fractured his ribs! Beads of sweat began forming on her forehead. Run! A voice in her head said. She quickly packed the things she had thrown on the floor back into the bag, took her phone and dashed towards the door.
She came face-to-face with Jane.
'You killed him!' Jane said with trembling lips

Shewrites

Missnande
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 1:34am On Dec 01, 2018
Atayis

RITUAL MONEY
The hungry hen lost appetite, it ate a corn. And he cried hysterically. The price of his folly was unbearable , he had a year more on earth.

thewriter2018
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by SheWrites(f): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2018
How do we choose when the opponents are not posting?
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 5:56am On Dec 06, 2018
SheWrites:
How do we choose when the opponents are not posting?
I'm back ma ..

We will have to change the order to a typical the voice style, hence...
Re: Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) by Divepen1(m): 6:14am On Dec 06, 2018
After much deliberation, I think it's advisable to take the suggested break.
Therefore, this competition will be on hold till 7th January, 2019. This is to also ensure the sponsors meet their end of the deal.
That day, a new set of instructions will be released.

And by that time, I'll be able to release information as regards the bigger part of the competition. Be rest assured that this competition will be a lasting one. The hiccup we're experiencing is just because of the organizer's (my) impatience and it will be corrected.

To that end, the competitors left in this game are

Team Audreytimms
-1. Peacesamuel94
2. OluwabuqqyYOLO
3. Firstgentleman1
4. Divineroyalty

Team Shewrites
1. DrDrewise
2. Jazmynne
3. Generica

Team Royver
1. Frankenstein
2. devilmaycry
3. MisterRuk
4. Atayis

Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Virgin Girl; My First Time! / **obinna**(a True Life Story) / As You Make Your Bed, So You Will Lie On Itm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.