Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? (6034 Views)

Who Are More Romantic? Yoruba Or Igbo Or Hausa? / (photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Can Nigerian Girls Do This? (photo( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2007
Romantic Comrades,

Words have been going around the world that Nigerian men are not romantic at all. All they know is 'babe whats up, can i insert my manhood in you?".

All of you know that buying flowers, chocolates etc is not our culture, but why are these women complaining?

Is it not these same women that will curse you if you go to their house in Naija with flowers instead of a bowl of tastee fried chicken on your left hand and a recharge phone card on your right hand?

---
Nigerian women, what else do y'all want men to do in order to pass the romantic test?

Guys, what do you think you can do to update your romance library?

happy easter to you all.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2007
olunifemi:

Romantic Comrades,

Words have been going around the world that Nigerian men are not romantic at all. All they know is 'babe whats up, can i insert my manhood in you?".

All of you know that buying flowers, chocolates etc is not our culture, but why are these women complaining?

Is it not these same women that will curse you if you go to their house in Naija with flowers instead of a bowl of tastee fried chicken on your left hand and a recharge phone card on your right hand?

---
Nigerian women, what else do y'all want men to do in order to pass the romantic test?

Guys, what do you think you can do to update your romance library?

happy easter to you all.

You are a thief. grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ikamefa(f): 12:58am On Apr 09, 2007
davidylan:

You are a thief. grin

how? undecided
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 09, 2007
ikamefa:

how? undecided

Seems her definition of "romantic men" starts and ends with receiving gifts. tongue
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by omoge(f): 1:33am On Apr 09, 2007
those lil kisses, (not chopping mouth grin)
those lil pecks
those lil strolling and holding hands
those lil whispers of sweet nothing
those lil chats and adivce to each other
those 'hey, how is your day going'
those studying together in the library and stealing look wink
those ''i love yous''
those carrying her when she says ''sweetie, i hurt my foot''
those horseplay cool
those text message

so much more,

be a gentleman to your lady that's Romance.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 09, 2007
thank you omoge. All the author could think about was tastee friend chicken and recharge cards. Lazy thing. tongue
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by ikamefa(f): 1:37am On Apr 09, 2007
i see cheesy
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Busta(f): 2:16am On Apr 09, 2007
sometimes, things are best left the way they are.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by adconline(m): 3:07am On Apr 09, 2007
Sometimes Naija women always think that most naija men are not romantic and here is my argument.

If this is really true, then it happens that women  have not taught them.  Men cannot learn romantic treatment from men, assuming that most Nigerian men are heterosexual.
If this is really true, then it happens that men have not imbibed  romantic values from their parents. Our moms never treated our dads romantically and  our dads never treated our moms romanctically as defined by western standard.
If this is really true, then its becuase women have not challenged Naija men to be more romantically involved instead of serving as breadwinners, bill payers and providers.
If this is really true, then its becuase women have not prefered chocolates and flowers over recharge cards, Tantalizers and Mister Bigs
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by evilmia(f): 4:01am On Apr 09, 2007
being romantic doesn't mean buying your girl expensive gifts. you can be romantic even if you down have much money. Being romantic is seen by the act itself and not measured by how much material things you can give your girl.  You can Burn your girl a CD of her favorite songs, call her to just to say you miss her, send her sweet text messages, cook her favorite food sometimes, walk in the park while holding each others hand, do wholesome activities together, go to church and profess your love for her in front of the altar, the list are endless,   smiley
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 09, 2007
evil_mia:

being romantic doesn't mean buying your girl expensive gifts. you can be romantic even if you down have much money. Being romantic is seen by the act itself and not measured by how much material things you can give your girl. You can Burn your girl a CD of her favorite songs, call her to just to say you miss her, send her sweet text messages, cook her favorite food sometimes, walk in the park while holding each others hand, do wholesome activities together, go to church and profess your love for her in front of the altar, the list are endless, smiley

wink that's sweet. I would try that. Write her a special song and sing it to her on your wedding. My aunt did that on her wedding. Everyone became a mushy mess of emotions.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by jgirl3: 4:41am On Apr 09, 2007
@ topic, i think that is going to definitely be a task for a lot of women because a lot of naija men are so rooted in their idea of the women catering to their every cry and every need, that they don't realize that the need of romance.

For those who have adopted romance, they are lucky men that a lot of women would die for.
omoge:

those lil kisses, (not chopping mouth grin)
those[b] lil pecks[/b]
those lil strolling and holding hands
those lil whispers of sweet nothing
those lil chats and adivce to each other
those 'hey, how is your day going'
those studying together in the library and stealing look wink
those ''i love yous''- Enough Naija guys can do this without sweatin' it.
those carrying her when she says ''sweetie, i hurt my foot''
those horseplay cool
those text message

so much more,

be a gentleman to your lady that's Romance.

In addition to omoge's wonderful list - those lil' phone calls just to make sure that she's okay.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by iice(f): 5:42am On Apr 09, 2007
Busta:

sometimes, things are best left the way they are.

Word!
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by adconline(m): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2007
please remember naija where there are few   parks in the city,  let's remember naija where  few people have access to internet let alone owning computers.  Let's remember Naija where  romance may mean a different thing to comon folks on the street
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by tonte(m): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2007
but tha babes really like the simple wats up can i put ma "zoom zoom in ur boom boom"
so y they complainin and being romantic ain't in any naija mans "real" blood chicks just like players thats all God bless nairaland happy easter 2 y'all
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by osegwu(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2007
Hilariuse! That's what this is

Hnm waiting for more unromantic

comments
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by moondust(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2007
ahem!
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Ivvie: 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2007
It sounds queer for a man to be romantic or affectionate.  That is no way in a man's nature.  I want to believe it's desperation that makes people resort to such standards.

What you are asking for is an effeminate man.  A man love for power and a woman gives up power for love.  A union of this standard brings harmony.  The equation is power for love and vice v. for the woman.

An affectionate man, ha - that's funny and so unrealistic.

It doesn't go well with a man's nature. The essense of masculinity is power and a woman adjusts to the man she loves.

As for the chicken and flowers, I don't believe in such rituals. All I know is that you pay your bride-price and whatever it is, you meet up to it lest you have stolen someone. They hardly practice this but once upon a time, every culture did it. Divorce rate sky-rockets because prerequisites are not met for a marriage in a proper foundation.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by rikkyjen(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2007
@ Tonte
but tha babes really like the simple wats up can i put ma "zoom zoom in your boom boom"

Sounds like some real Psquare Sh!#t! I like that  cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by donenick(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2007
@Olunifemi
how many men have u met that re not romantic?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by olunifemi(f): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2007
adconline:

Sometimes Naija women always think that most naija men are not romantic and here is my argument.

If this is really true, then it happens that women have not taught them. Men cannot learn romantic treatment from men, assuming that most Nigerian men are heterosexual.
If this is really true, then it happens that men have not imbibed romantic values from their parents. Our moms never treated our dads romantically and our dads never treated our moms romanctically as defined by western standard.
If this is really true, then its becuase women have not challenged Naija men to be more romantically involved instead of serving as breadwinners, bill payers and providers.
If this is really true, then its becuase women have not prefered chocolates and flowers over recharge cards, Tantalizers and Mister Bigs
smiley
adconline:

please remember naija where there are few parks in the city, let's remember naija where few people have access to internet let alone owning computers. Let's remember Naija where romance may mean a different thing to comon folks on the street
thank u wink
donenick:

@Olunifemi
how many men have u met that re not romantic?
many men sad
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by egoldman(m): 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2007
Frankly sometimes i seem not to understand exactly what it means to be romantic,have dated only two girl in my life time ,one Indian and the present one Nigerian ,the Indian girl would always tell me ' you are soo sweet ' grin grin , well after talking to the Niger one on phone few days back for about 50 mins she said ' you are soo romantic ' yet i dont know exactly how i talked on the phone to make her feel so cry cry cry
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Coleslove: 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2007
Have you watched children while playing. Even when its bedtime or time to go home they actually don't feel like leaving each other. Thats almost a replica of being romantic. Sometimes a lil critic does it. Reminding him that he's actually not Handsome
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 10, 2007
Enough of these blaabing!!!

In Nigeria, the defination of being romantic is MR BIGGS, TANTERLIZER, SILVERBIRD GALLERIA, RECHARGE CARDS etc.

While being unromantic are: sending flowers, buying choclates and sending love sms.( i was an example of the humiliation, even with my little good looks and gentlemanliness)

As regards to western defination of romance. Is it dating or marrying somebody for a year or two and then divorcing immediatelly?

Even though the naija man need to improve a little, he should be respected for his balance most times.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by manspirit(m): 5:06am On Apr 10, 2007
Romantic did u say? are u Nigerian women romantic too?pleeeeaaazzzzzze! spare me!
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by manspirit(m): 5:08am On Apr 10, 2007
nuzo God give u more wisdom cool
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by drerudite1: 5:16am On Apr 10, 2007
by being yourself and thinking more of the lady. spending quality time with her. your natural romance will follow. i.e strolling holding hands, writing poems about her, taking her on a treat, etc
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by manspirit(m): 5:17am On Apr 10, 2007
Phone conversation

bayo: hi chichi how would u like 2 go to silverbird with me?

chichi: oh baby u are such a darling i'll get ready soon

bayo: call me when you are ready

chichi: i dont have credit on my phone, can u send me credit.

now that's a typical naija chick you open the door she still wants you to walk her in while the door can only take one person at a time.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by manspirit(m): 5:18am On Apr 10, 2007
now tell me who is more romantic Bayo or chichi?
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by manspirit(m): 5:20am On Apr 10, 2007
erudite naija chick no get time 4 dat one! na wetin dem go chop dem dey find.
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by drerudite1: 5:27am On Apr 10, 2007
there are still some naija chick that value that. not all are money reducing agent
Re: How Can Nigerian Men Be More Romantic? by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 10, 2007
@Mansirit
Thanks and kudos to you too.

@Topic
In Naija; when chics say you are romantic or the boy is good, that means you've been spending heavilly on them.

If you get money, chiks go call honey(romantic); if you no get, them go call you monkey(unromantic).

SO SOMEONE SHOULD EXPLAIN BEING ROMANTIC to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Years Of Relationship And Want Out, Please Need Serious Help! / What Is This Boyfriend Thinking, lol.(PICTURES) / Which African Country Has The Curviest Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.