Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos (3588 Views)

President Buhari Participates At The Dubai Expo 2020 (PHOTOS) / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" / Femi Otedola To Run For Governor Of Lagos State - LeadersNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Rossikki: 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Corrinthians(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2018
Frankly, these pictures are beautiful. smiley

9 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Ever8054: 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
the pictures are beautiful but buhari and his family will still walk out of Aso rock to Daura...

5 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by kheny12(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
Nigeria will surely be good whether enemies like it or not.naija my country.Good facilities and great development we will be among the world best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by emeijeh(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ever8054:
the pictures are beautiful but buhari and his family will still walk out of Aso rock to Daura...

Amen
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by afroniger: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
Nice one Rossikki. Make I add some of mine. Lasgidi for life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by afroniger: 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2018
More.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
Lagos is a mega slum - one of the least livable major cities in the world one of the lowest qualities of life in the world. There is no "Dubai-fication" going on.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by slimfit1(m): 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
They should have used the slums.

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by afroniger: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2018

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by afroniger: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2018

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by CAPSLOCKED: 12:51am On Oct 25, 2018
slimfit1:
They should have used the slums.

WOW, LAGOS IS THE NEW DUBAI !!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Rossikki: 1:08am On Oct 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WOW, LAGOS IS THE NEW DUBAI !!

Nigeria is a developing country. Even nations ahead of Nigeria in development have slums. Rio De Janeiro in Brazil, Mexico City, and Mumbai, India come to mind, among other places.

So take a chill pill.

6 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by KanwuliaExtra: 2:07am On Oct 25, 2018
Obviously, someone has NEVER been to OMAN, not to talk of DUBAI!

What an insult to DUBAI! embarassed

The DIRTIEST STATES IN NIGERIA. . . . . IN 2018!!! cry

1.LAGOS!
2.ANAMBRA!
3.ABIA!
4. KADUNA!
5. OGUN!
6.KANO!
7. OYO!
8. EKITI!
9. BENUE!
10. ONDO!

All the WESTERN STATES ARE REPRESENTED! grin

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by SarkinYarki: 5:45am On Oct 25, 2018
Stop using carefully touched up picture to spread lies Lagos is no where near being a modern city just because you snapped and photoshopped a couple of Tinubus Sky scrapers and Shiro restaurant...

Lagos has no pipe borne water

80 percent of Lagos is Still very unplanned .

60 percent of roads in Lagos are still dirt roads .

70 percent of Lagosian have no access to a proper toilet or even a toilet

Bro there is still so much to do than peddle carefully filtered pics

12 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by izombie(m): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2018
We keep deceiving our selves. I live outside nigeria and i've been to lagos thousands of times, lagos is a slum. These pics you pasted here are just deceits.

4 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by BiafraIShere(m): 6:32am On Oct 25, 2018
Dubai-fication indeed.
The Dubai I know is a world class city where everything works and the city is absolutely beautiful and glittering but same can't be said of Lagos. I know the number of times I was stuck in the lifts of those dirty and rickety high-rise buildings on the marina and broad Street you now used video editing to whitewash shocked shocked Warning to people going to those buildings, if the structure is not a bank headquarters, DON'T USE THEIR ELEVATOR!!! Chances are that you will get stuck in it, mid-flight and its never a nice experience!! I learnt the hard way grin grin

The only place worth mentioning or remotely comparable to Dubai is that reclaimed land they are still developing, the rest of Lagos is a shit-hole grin grin

I had to abandon the city and run for dear life years ago, because it typifies the textbook Hobbesian lifestyle shocked shocked
Op, Lagos and Dubai have nothing in common, you could have used other terms like Dhaka-fication or Mogadishu-fication of Lagos because those are the cities in the same category and rank with Lagos.

Thanks!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2018
grin Am so proud of our cone shaped success in Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by walefresh3(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Stop using carefully touched up picture to spread lies Lagos is no where near being a modern city just because you snapped and photoshopped a couple of Tinubus Sky scrapers and Shiro restaurant...

Bro , there is still so much to do than peddle carefully filtered pics
bro stop your hatred toward Lagos. Lagos and Abuja still the best in Nigeria and West Africa . have being to all west African countries and I can tell you vividly that this is your best for now so be proud of it. Maybe you tell me if there is any other state in Nigeria that is more developed than Lagos with all the amenities you mentioned above. You una hate una self for this country thats why u dey hate Lagos because you are not from the west. pls show me a well more planned city than Lagos in eastern part of nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 6:41am On Oct 25, 2018
izombie:
We keep deceiving our selves. I live outside nigeria and i've been to lagos thousands of times, lagos is a slum. These pics you pasted here are just deceits.

The people spoiling Lagos for us are the street urchins who came from Osun, Ondo and Ekiti and cannot afford decent living, they quickly become miscreants and deface Lagos for us.

We need to deport all street urchins back to Obomosho.

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2018
walefresh3:
bro stop your hatred toward Lagos. Lagos and Abuja still the best in Nigeria and West Africa . have being to all west African countries and I can tell you vividly that this is your best for now so be proud of it. Maybe you tell me if there is any other state in Nigeria that is more developed than Lagos with all the amenities you mentioned above. You una hate una self for this country thats why u dey hate Lagos because you are not from the west. pls show me a well more planned city than Lagos in eastern part of nigeria.

Don't mind them. It's people like him that throw poor Yorubas out of their houses because they are Ibo landlords. Lagos is well b planned only that yoruba agberos cannot behave themselves here.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 6:45am On Oct 25, 2018
Rossikki:

Nigeria is a developing country. Even nations ahead of Nigeria in development have slums. Rio De Janeiro in Brazil, Mexico City, and Mumbai, India come to mind, among other places.

So take a chill pill.

We have to arrest and deport all miscreants back to the hole they crawled from in Obomosho.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Lagos is a mega slum - one of the least livable major cities in the world one of the lowest qualities of life in the world. There is no "Dubai-fication" going on.

Why are you hating our Lagos? Is it because your hausa ppl cannot afford rents in Lagos? Be careful.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by KanuIsCursed: 6:54am On Oct 25, 2018
Wow Lagos RAGOS is so beautiful, no wonder nyanmiri want to die on top of Lagos matter,bunch of clowns

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 7:01am On Oct 25, 2018
KanuIsCursed:
Wow Lagos RAGOS is so beautiful, no wonder nyanmiri want to die on top of Lagos matter,bunch of clowns

No wonder abokkis full every trailer dey rush down to our Legoss just to spoil it grin

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Flatheadpig: 7:04am On Oct 25, 2018
This flattino people nah confirm mad people, see as them carry Lagos matter for head like gala

thunder fire flattino amen

shuku okike abiama strike all flattino

amen

amadioha kee flattino amen

sango kee Atiku

Ogun kee Peter Obi amen

Nnamdi kanu is chief piggrin

kiss the death

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by SarkinYarki: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2018
walefresh3:

Lagos and Abuja the best in West Africa? grin grin

Stop hiding in Naira and passing judgement ... Just a trip to Accra will convince you right from the airport to your hotel Lagos might have a larger population and wealth than ACCRA but Accra is a far better city

Are you aware that Lagos is currently the third worst city to reside on earth?

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by KanuIsCursed: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

No wonder abokkis full every trailer dey rush down to our Legoss just to spoil it grin

Don't mind those aboki people,have you lick aboki (Atiku) anus today?grin
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2018
Doerstech:
First off..nice and beautiful pictures.....But Which Lagos?

This one wia we dey or another....

This one that's filled with dirt's traffic gridlock and the rest of it or another?

The traffic gridlock is caused by those unfortunate poor people from Ekiti and Ondo who cannot stay and develop their states. Why must all of them abandon Abeokuta and move to Lagos?

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Bro there is still so much to do than peddle carefully filtered pics

Rossiki is known for that

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 7:11am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Lagos and Abuja the best in West Africa? grin grin

Stop hiding in Naira and passing judgement ... Just a trip to Accra will convince you right from the airport to your hotel Lagos might have a larger population and wealth than ACCRA but Accra is a far better city

Are you aware that Lagos is currently the third worst city to reside on earth?

Osanobua! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blame Nigeria's Woes On Her Elites By Deji Yesufu / FG Pledges To Support Local Manufacturers / Premium Times Breaks Down How Soldier Dump Corpses In River After Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.