Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? (47267 Views)

What Exchange Is Used In A Naira Mastercard Dollar Transaction? / Quick Guide To Terms Commonly Used In Blogging / Can Nigerian Verve Card (First Bank) be used in the U.A.E? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by ezet(m): 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
inferior solar projects executed 4 some state government have really brought blemish to the growth of green energy solution in Nigeria. Ekiti state would run at the mention of green energy all because huge amount was expended by past government with no positive result. Bad solar street light projects on several Lagos streets (e.g ogba and opebi) is another reason why people think solar does not worth investing on. In the past few years that I ve been on solar, it has never failed me for once and I have never received any negative feedback from several jobs I have done. The truth is that solar works wonder when designed perfectly. A body that will enforce quality project needs to be set up so that the green energy market can once again be revitalized. eztopenergy.ng@gmail.com
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by STOPOVER(f): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2011
@ Ezet. What u said is very true is a pity for our government. Meanwhile my house is powered by solar energy for many years with out problems. I invested in a very good industrial batteries OSPZ is the technology of the batteries 2V BLOCKS 500 AMP/H for 2 houses in the same compound. They worked for all house facilities indoors and outdoors such as washing machine, lights, TV, radio, fan, computer, machine to mows the grass just to mention a few is all powered by solar. This battries am using is found in the forklift (elevating truck platform) used in the factory and they can last up to 20yrs.

In addition to support my battries, i have also wind generator. Thanks to the energy no more electric bills never!!!!!!

We are expert in solar technology, we invent and design with patend and we are ready to give our good service where ever duty call us.

Another thing i observed is that Nigeria climate is full of pollution u cant see the bright blue skies? this also is a bad factor for street lights to work properly. the dirty/ particles from the atmosphere caused by the motor exhuse, generator and other things affect solar streets lights to shine well. People try to use the right solar technology that will give them the expected result solar is for ever!!!!!!
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by STOPOVER(f): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2011
@ S.gabino, The battries we are using are of very high quality acid concentration and it depends which part of the world u are using it and depends on the temperature of the area. U know the best temperature for the battries should be around 20-25 degree they must be kept in cool place. Well my husby as i said earlier is a professional in Solar Energy and in more than 30yrs hes working for Solar Energy Systems and many houses here he made a lot of Solar Systems also watering system.

So, i think its going to be a special discussion platform between u and him and i do hope one day u will come and see the reality of our Solar Energy Systems in the Pillion! Cheers.
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by Winnerslfc(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
Aside from using solar energy for your electricity needs.
It is neeful to mention here that the small well or bore hole in your compound can become a power generator.
YES! You can generate a stable electricity from there.
Want to read more?
Lets go over to this page for more explanation.
http://www.akachrisa.com/wwe.html
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by Sookie(f): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
Solar products from the UK on offer (door to door shipment price included:

- Mobile chargers from 4500
- Chargers with FMradio and flashlight from 5500
- Indoor lighting from 7500
- Outdoor lighting from 7500
- Portable generators to power appliances like fridge/freezers or a/c

For more information contact: sales@crestmeridian.com
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by tkazaure: 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
Solar cost is beyond the reach of ordinary mortals everywhere in the world. However in some countries the governments assist financially by giving cash backs for those who invest in solar. In UK, you get over 40p per kwh even if you consume all your energy. Some states in US give 50% cash back. What we need is affordable energy renewable energy. We also need devices to reduce dependence on big generators. A small device that can give small generators power to carry iron and fridge for instance, a company that produces fridge booster is at www.affordableenergysolutions.com.ng
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by bigfat01: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2011
[size=15pt]forget nepa or phcn use this product
[/size]

Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by STOPOVER(f): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2011
Hello everyone, pls have u had of NOKERO solar bulb ( NO KEROSENE)if yes pls tell me how its working. tks
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by STOPOVER(f): 10:50am On Nov 06, 2011
Mr. BIGFAT,

how many watt has the panel and how many amp has the batterie.
what is the voltage output.please can you tell me the technical details?

thanks a lot

greetings from stopover
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by HECTORBOSS(m): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
nigeria those not bother about her priorities. though expensive, economic policies can make it affordable.
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by ArQuAbOy(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2011
If implemented
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by bigfat04(m): 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
@STOPOVER  download solar power generator details here .ask more Question here too

Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by leba: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
It is cos pple dont really have knowledge of it apart from the huge price. i found a site where you can get a material showing you how to install the solar Panel.
Solar Electricity Handbook - 2011 Edition: A Simple Practical Guide to Solar Energy - Designing and Installing Photovoltaic Solar Electric Systems
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by Kylexb(m): 3:25am On Feb 13, 2012
[color=#006600][/color].so wat do u guys thinks we can do 'cos i ave a link which we can use in calculating the number of panels,batteries etc needed 4 ur appliances, or wat do u guys thinks
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by capricon: 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
Well well well...i am enthusiastic about solar powered homes but i'm yet to find someone who actually uses this in their homes/office. Anyone out there who is not a distributor but a direct user of solar panels for home energy? please tell us your experience with photos if possible.
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by ALANKIWA: 6:03am On Apr 03, 2012
I am very excited that we are discussing alternative to NEPA on this forum. Like someone had said, we need our government to use this technology to power our roads and streets to brighten our streets. The people of Nigeria should take it upon themselves with some government support to install in their houses.My question is can someone give us clearer understanding of this technology including cost and not phone numbers to call. We need information and idea on how we can spread this technology to our people. This discussion should be about creating jobs for some youths,better business enviroment, and better life for my people. For those of us that lives in USA and others in other developed countries, we have seen how forum like this can spark opportunity for people to task their leaders to impleament change or take it upon themselves to improve their own lives. Bottom line, we can do better. So, CAN SOMEONE TELL US WHAT THE IS WITH SOLAR POWER INCLUDING COST FOR BASIC THINGS IN A HOUSE?
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by solarwise: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2012
Firstly I appreciate the fact that there is a forum like this and people who are really interested in solar technology. As a certified solar designer I am more interested in applying this technology in Nigeria with an abundance of sunlight which is necessarily the major raw material or component for an effective solar system. With my little research in Nigeria I have found out that there are lots of factors mitigating against the effectiveness of this more effective and durable form of power supply in Nigeria? For the purpose of space I will be brief.
Firstly, there is lack of proper knowledge of this old technology in Nigeria which is being used by other countries with less sunlight which is the fundamental raw material.
Secondly, just like every other sectors in Nigeria there is not enough will/intentions by the government to propagate and invest in this technology.
Thirdly, there is also a misinformation from the so called solar distributors/companies in Nigeria. In this regard, let me state here that, solar energy though it is affordable it is not cheap, though there are lots of research going on to manufacture cheaper solar panels which is the most expensive component in a solar system. Moreover solar energy for home use CANNOT be used to directly substitute your grid electricity like using it for all your home and outdoor appliances or equipments like your electric stoves, pressing irons, airconditions, gym equipments e.t.c for 24hours, though if you are ready to spend millions and a large space for your panels it is achieveable.But an average home systems for 4-5hrs is affordable and very effective.
In essence the purpose of solar energy is to provide an alternative and long term cost effective source of power for homes compare to your generators, and for areas where the national electricity grid is unable to reach. And most importantly to save our environment as it has a zero effect on the environment unlike your fossil fuels and other carbon source.
I hope this have been able to shed some light on this subject.If you need further information you can contact me on solarwisenigerialtd@gmal.com or call me on +27 785 723 705 or follow us on facebook;SOLAR WISE NIGERIA LIMITED where we regularly paste current solar innovations, events and information.
Thank you for your Time and let’s join hands to lighten up Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by AkoRay: 11:37pm On May 02, 2012
Hi All,

Dont know if you are still interested in getting a quote for Solar energy. if so kindly send me an email at info@akoraybsl.com. We are not situated in Nigeria however, i do have dealings with a Danish and German company that would be able to provide you a quote.

Cheers,

Ray
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by cashflowpc(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2013
Did you know that Solar Energy is now more than 75% cheaper than the energy produced by diesel/petrol generators? It's noiseless, pollution-free, cheap, requires no maintenance and guarantees 24hours of electricity supply everyday.

No more power outages!

Solynta Energy is providing Nigeria 24 hours of electricity to Nigerian homes and businesses by harnessing the most powerful energy source in the world - the sun

We have removed the only significant barrier to "Going Solar" -'The Upfront Cost' Now every Nigeria home and businesses can receive 24 hours of electricity everyday

Our Solar Power Sytems are eliminating the chronic power outages faced by Nigerians.

Visit our website at www.solynta.com.ng to find out how you can 'Go Solar' and receive 24 hours of electricity

Follow us on facebook and twitter:
www.facebook.com/SolyntaEnergy
www.twitter.com/SolyntaEnergy
Details: 07086731375
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by sable2: 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
The initial cost of solar is on the high side actually, ( not to be compared with diesel generators though) but its something one can enjoy for a long time with almost non existent or minimal maintenance. there is a way also that the solar and wind can be combined to supply electricty. The most important is the speed with which the battery bank can be charged and the size of the bank. These factors will determine how reliable your system will be.
Considering the cost of this system, one can start small by getting the basic component, "the inverter" after which others can be added as one has the means. ie assuming your power requirment is 6kva. You can get an inverter of that configuration before adding batteries - staying power- and pv and wind turbine-charging power.
A 6kva system with wind turbine and pv (solar panels) will cost about 2million naira with assurance of constant electricity as long as the natural causes (wind and sun) play their part.
Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by nonsog: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2014
POWER YOUR COMPANIES, HOTELS, HOSPITALS , HOMES AND STREET WITH THE BEST SOLAR SYSTEM THE WORLD EVER PRODUCED...SOLARLAND TECHNOLOGY OFFERS 6MONTHS QUARANTEE WITH FREE MAINTENANCE AND SERVICES INCLUSIVELY..VISIT OUR NIGERIA OFFICE TODAY!..CONTACT THE MARKETING MANAGER ON 07067383373, 07052863159

Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by Bmedels26(f): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
Solar and electric rechargeable power System[b][/b]

This products will save you money over a period time in energy cost. The products are Ideal for your homes and offices.
Reduce wasting money on fuel.
1. Has four light bulbs for four rooms
2. Can charge all phone types
3. Can power and charge Laptop
4. Has a flood light on front view side
5. Powers AC/DC fan

Solar rechargeable power System
12V DC charger
On Fan DC 12V Output
On ceiling lights DC 12V output
On bulb 12V output
Charging phone DC 5V output
From solar 12V input

Specification:
Power source:220-240V 50/60Hz
Battery: 12V/7000mAh sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery.
Light source: 12x1W bright Led.
Charge time: 12-15 hours
Duration: 10-12 hours
Dimension: 208x107x130 mm
4pcs 12V DC LED bulbs with meter wire and on and off switch

Re: Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? by yemiakeem20(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
I have solar cells for sale in Abeokuta Ogun state Nigeria

Solar cells for your DIY solar panels construction
You can now build your solar panels yourself using this cells.
Specifications
Monocrystalline
5W
0.5v
10ah
20.4% efficiency
Contact Hakme global ventures
https:///2347038458563

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Genuine Online Businesses You Can Do / An Overcrowded Street Market In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg And Ime Archibon Run Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.