Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? (13485 Views)

SOLD ITEM / Need Any Item On Rockauto.com? Get In Here! / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2018
homeboy205:

Help me confirm I beg I will gladly drive down there

I can't be sure.

Contact RadAutoWorks.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by radautoworks: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:
What maintenance item do you know is due or should be done that you're prosctinatinting on?

Examples, CEL is on, oil change reminder was on since last month, left shocks are gone, etc

Mine is I need to change thermostat housing on Kurupe. Again. I cheated out previously and used an aftermarket instead of factory. It's such a pain in the a$$ job but will eventually need to be done.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by radautoworks: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
greenhulk:
There's a saying to always leave one problem unfixed in ur car, because the moment u fix it another problem will arise. Works for me.

.... Or, eventually a bunch of things all go bad at once...

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by radautoworks: 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
dasphinx1:
Well, mine is oil change and front shocks change (2000 babyboy, i4). Na lack of money cause am o. Had to reduce my drive hours to evening drive only. The car no de even commot my Area sef. Currently using Iya Dasphinx1's highlander for my day time hustle. God sha answer my calls, Amen.

You dey play with new engine over ground nut o

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2018
radautoworks:

.... Or, eventually a bunch of things all go bad at once...

When a bunch of things go bad at once na village people be that. I can live with a dented bumper, a bad TPMS, a bad windscreen washer sensor. I'll be worried if I have 1 bad shock but can still live with it fora while. So far safety and driveability is not compromised. I hate to see a check engine, ABS or airbag light up on my dash.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dasphinx1(m): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2018
radautoworks:

You dey play with new engine over ground nut o

Aunty Radu, infact ehn, i am just praying let the project i am working on clicks, i wont mind placeing an order to be shipped down to Abuja straight.... By the way, how is Baby Radu doing? The kiddo must be a handful by now.... Such adorable little beings.... *smiley face*

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by radautoworks: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2018
dasphinx1:

Aunty Radu, infact ehn, i am just praying let the project i am working on clicks, i wont mind placeing an order to be shipped down to Abuja straight.... By the way, how is Baby Radu doing? The kiddo must be a handful by now.... Such adorable little beings.... *smiley face*

Well let you assist you with Amen. Baby Radu is doing great. Getting kinda chubby as she takes her two jobs VERY seriously. Eating and sleeping grin

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by homeboy205: 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
I need 2002 Camry heater sensor on the exhaust
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
homeboy205:
I need 2002 Camry heater sensor on the exhaust

Year: 2002
Make: Toyota
Model: Camry
Trim:
Transmission:
VIN (Optional):
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by homeboy205: 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Year: 2002
Make: Toyota
Model: Camry
Trim: LE 2.4L L4 DOHC 16V
Transmission: 4 speed
VIN (Optional):
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Sankabson(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2018
My 1996 Toyota Camry Power steering fluid is leaking. A full cup hardly last me a day. Mechanic said i'll have to change the whole steering rack. which cost over 30K. Please, is there any other alternative to this..

Sanusi..
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by braine(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2018
2006 Toyota Engine lights came up with error codes

P0420
P0430
P0446
P0793
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2018
Sankabson:
My 1996 Toyota Camry Power steering fluid is leaking. A full cup hardly last me a day. Mechanic said i'll have to change the whole steering rack. which cost over 30K. Please, is there any other alternative to this..

Sanusi..

I have something similar going on in my 4Runner.

"IF" the leak is coming from the rack itself then you can either rebuild (most of them especially if it's factory unit) or replace. For N30K I will assume that you are going to be getting a "Toks". I am not in favor of toks parts at all especially a part that will take lots of labor to R and R.

Please don't start pouring thick glob or snake oil into the system.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by ticoticotico: 8:10am On Nov 04, 2018
Mine is front shocks, 2010 camry, will change it in due time
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by shortgun(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2018
Radiator is leaking....na so I dey pour water anywhere I go.
Was broken by Kasim working on my AC. Now AC is chilling but coolant is leaking.
No time to fix it.
We are blessed with very wonderful mechanics in this country who will always fix one thing and spoil another.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by abibun: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2018
My BMW e46 speeds normal,but when on still if I apply more pressure on the pedal it will come out with white smoke. After that nothing like smoke even if am on motion and on high speed nothing like smoke. I do top my oil virtually every week,because the oil do go low.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by TheTourist: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2018
MY LEFT SHOCKS ARE GONE!!
AT LEAST TWO TYRE CHANGES....
OIL CHANGE......
LEGWORKS ON ALL TYRES TOO. WAHALA JUST PLENTY.

MONEY SLOW TO ENTER... MONEY QUICK TO GO... WHERE MONEY DEY GOOOOO I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by sherbol: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2018
I need to change ma tires. Front shock is at d moment being replaced n stiff steering being attended to.
Plz where can I get a first grade tokunboh tires or shd I just buy new one? Ano get money,plz advice a Broda.
The oil change will wait till DEC,e neva short n e neva black too much. I will reduce ma wakaabout.
I bot new Chinco ( seamtyre or wot name sef) in 2017 Feb. 16/18k each,two of dem don bend.
Thank you.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by mywells: 8:37am On Nov 04, 2018
jack rod and extra tyre
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by obyback: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2018
I need one bottle of this, anyone know where I can get it here?

cc radautoworks

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by vertueptime: 9:26am On Nov 04, 2018
waledeji:
My engine shorts oil and am confused because the engine still dey move fast like kilode, Mazda 6

Use oil treatment for some time it will fix it. And use more of thicker engine oil than the one for new engines
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Sankabson(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I have something similar going on in my 4Runner.

"IF" the leak i coming form the rack itself then you can either rebuild (most of them especially if it's factory unit) or replace. For N30K I will assume that you are going to be getting a "Toks". I am not in favor of toks parts at all especially a part that will take lots of labor to R and R.

Please don't start pouring thick glob or snake oil into the system.
I don't even have the fund to replace the rack now. And I'm spending so much on the steering fluid which cost 1K daily basis.

The Mechanic adviced that I can use normal engine oil ( 200naira) and he gave some oil too ( it seems like a used Gear oil). Just got the main time. I just hope I don't cause more problems or harm to my poor Car.

This Economy dey somehow low for now..

Sanusi..

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by kelechi50: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2018
shortgun:
Radiator is leaking....na so I dey pour water anywhere I go.
Was broken by Kasim working on my AC. Now AC is chilling but coolant is leaking.
No time to fix it.
We are blessed with very wonderful mechanics in this country who will always fix one thing and spoil another.
God bless you joo ,I was thinking it's only me that experience this,last week I left the car with my mechanic to change the tirerod only for me to come back and meet my booth shork not working again.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by SonofHim: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2018
Mine is the front hub, Highlander 2002. I have had this recurrent issues with my hub. If I change the bearings within 3 months the noise is back. I changed the full hub the same thing. I just kukuma block my ear to the noise for now until am able to get an option that would last me some time. Please any suggestions guys?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by mcevans1(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ouch, that's awful. I get about 55 miles. angry

Was it always like that?

cool 55 miles? Joker grin
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2018
mcevans1:

cool 55 miles? Joker grin

What do you mean?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by mustybobo(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2018
Mine was radiotor n d 4 coil which I eventually changed 2 days ago, now its servicing of d ca]
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2018
sherbol:
I need to change ma tires. Front shock is at d moment being replaced n stiff steering being attended to.
Plz where can I get a first grade tokunboh tires or shd I just buy new one? Ano get money,plz advice a Broda.
The oil change will wait till DEC,e neva short n e neva black too much. I will reduce ma wakaabout.
I bot new Chinco ( seamtyre or wot name sef) in 2017 Feb. 16/18k each,two of dem don bend.
Thank you.

Meet Gazzuzz, I am sure he would fix you something.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by adanny01(m): 11:33am On Nov 04, 2018
I am driving around town with 2 critical problems. I made 2 attempts to find my cracked radiator plastic top but found a new 1inch longer plastic and a warped toks both which i rejected. My parts supplies guy in Abj says he has it but am just too lazy for this job. One of the reasons i am lazy about this simple job is the fact that i will have to top like half a quart to my ATF after fixing the radiator. Top the ATF or change is what i have not decided.

Water shorts about a litre after 3 days city commute or a 300km return trip. No over heating so far and my eyes are glued to the temp gauge.

The second is an ABS issue after greasing both front drive shaft and hub bearings. I really do not know where the problem is but i have a non permanent ABS light. It goes off like once in 2 days for like 3mins but return again. When light goes off, the ABS activates on every braking action no matter how light, no matter what condition except when still. So throughout the 3mins the brake pulsates each time i hit the brakes the light will come on for a day or 2.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2018
obyback:
I need one bottle of this, anyone know where I can get it here?

Ask Aunty Radu or visit their workshop in Lekki.

If they don't have in stock, she would probably get it delivered in 10 days.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by krap(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2018
greenhulk:

When a bunch of things go bad at once na village people be that. I can live with a dented bumper, a bad TPMS, a bad windscreen washer sensor. I'll be worried if I have 1 bad shock but can still live with it fora while. So far safety and driveability is not compromised. I hate to see a check engine, ABS or airbag light up on my dash.

Hi greenhulk, is your car an Acura? If so, can you avail me the contact of the mechanic you are using?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Tompee2: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2018
Mine is Steering Beam which I have changed like 3yimes after a while the Steering goes back to being stiff again. My mechanic said I should change the Power Steering Pump. Don't know what to do again.

And he was same person that said it's the Steering Beam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? / Honda Pilot Displays Vtm-4 / 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Vs 2010 BMW X5.