Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? (13558 Views)

SOLD ITEM / Need Any Item On Rockauto.com? Get In Here! / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by nurey(m): 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
dru23:

That includes your wife too
Are you Gay?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dru23(m): 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
nurey:

Are you Gay?

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by nurey(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
dru23:

The Most High now answer my question are you GAY?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by radautoworks: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
CityNGR:

He's even getting very violent around anything that concerns radautoworks.... Maybe he's jealous of the personal properties of the baby!

He's upset she's not his I'm guessing. But honestly I think it's a gender based inferiority complex. I've come across it many times though never this intense. Poor guy.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by banky3w(m): 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
radautoworks:

He's upset she's not his I'm guessing. But honestly I think it's a gender based inferiority complex. I've come across it many times though never this intense. Poor guy.
People abroad should at least help him in writing correct English naa please..... E be like say Mastering English won't work for our Mobil oil importer. grin grin grin. Please auntyradu, keep the baby and yourself away from him oh, till we figure how to contain this anomaly of a guy.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by CityNGR: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
Maintenance item postponed....Oil service, suspension repairs, car paper renewal for 8 years!! Transmission Speed sensor replacement
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by thebigkendo(m): 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
thebigkendo:
-No catalytic converter angry (No P0420 code).. If you know you know grin grin grin
-A/C compressor : The kind heat weh dey dis days enh sad sad
-ECT2 sensor: Bless Honda for using 2 sensors for cooling fan control, GAZZUZZ am still coming oh
-Bushings: I blame Gov Ambode for this
-Oil pan gasket leak
-[s]Oil change: I already bought new oil & filter but no time to do the oil change[/s] Done grin
-[s]P0706-Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range/Performance : Seasonal, Rainy season something, I still blame Gov Ambode.[/s]

Modified

Rainy season is over

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by radautoworks: 1:06am On Nov 22, 2018
CityNGR:
Maintenance item postponed....Oil service, suspension repairs, car paper renewal for 8 years!! Transmission Speed sensor replacement

How are you getting away with this
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:18am On Nov 22, 2018
radautoworks:

if you live in ekiti it's very easy
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Mayor555(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

if you live in ekiti it's very easy

You're very wrong sir.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by CityNGR: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
radautoworks:

Well no be Lagos again? I can tell you...but first I'd have to kill you...
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by CityNGR: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Mayor555:

You're very wrong sir.
He's guessing joor.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by jones2014: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
@GAZZUZZ, my car (camry 2001, 4 plugs) consumes exactly 2k fuel for a trip of 70 miles on the highway, (is this fair enough) but way below within the city, infact its annoying to look at the fuel gauge when driving within the city, its as if someone is using cup to scoop my fuel at intervals. Pls lemme get up thoughts on this.

Secondly, my silencer has been making some funny noise of recent, sounds a bit louder or let me say rattling, i have been to the mechanic and even panel beater, they have done some work on it but the sound persist around 0-20 km/hr when accelerating, but above it the noise is unheard. Am really lost as to what d problem could be, pls help. Regards
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
jones2014:
@GAZZUZZ, my car (camry 2001, 4 plugs) consumes exactly 2k fuel for a trip of 70 miles on the highway, (is this fair enough) but way below within the city, infact its annoying to look at the fuel gauge when driving within the city, its as if someone is using cup to scoop my fuel at intervals. Pls lemme get up thoughts on this.

Secondly, my silencer has been making some funny noise of recent, sounds a bit louder or let me say rattling, i have been to the mechanic and even panel beater, they have done some work on it but the sound persist around 0-20 km/hr when accelerating, but above it the noise is unheard. Am really lost as to what d problem could be, pls help. Regards

5.6km/l, or 13mpg. Not that good for highway driving in an i4.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
jones2014:

13liters to 116km is fine based on type of car mentioned and assumed abuse.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by weyreypey: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

13liters to 116km is fine based on type of car mentioned and assumed abuse.
It is not fine. Help him like you helped Kunle from Ibadan years ago.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
It's starting to look like most cars in Nigeria just run pretty badly. I get like 15mpg on my ES330 and it's been doing my head in.

The past few days kinda show that, that gas mileage isn't that bad? If a guy in an i4 Camry gets 13mpg, I'm happy to get 15 out of my 3.3L V6.

Is it the bad fuel?

Is anyone actually getting decent mpg out of a reasonably sized engine? Maybe like 20+ from a pre-2010 V6?

EDIT: I feel like a dunce, 2k fuel is about 13L, not 20L like I calculated. That's actually 20mpg, which is completely fine.
My initial question still stands, though. Anyone getting that out of a V6?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

It is not fine. Help him like you helped Kunle from Ibadan years ago.

wow only the inner circle know this 4year old story. You must be investigated. grin

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by CityNGR: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
It's starting to look like most cars in Nigeria just run pretty badly. I get like 15mpg on my ES330 and it's been doing my head in.

The past few days kinda show that, that gas mileage isn't that bad? If a guy in an i4 Camry gets 13mpg, I'm happy to get 15 out of my 3.3L V6.

Is it the bad fuel?

Is anyone actually getting decent mpg out of a reasonably sized engine? Maybe like 20+ from a pre-2010 V6?

EDIT: I feel like a dunce, 2k fuel is about 13L, not 20L like I calculated. That's actually 20mpg, which is completely fine.
I get 7k/litre on my 210 E320 M112 is it fair?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2018
CityNGR:

I get 7k/litre on my 210 E320 M112 is it fair?

16mpg. grin
We're all the same. grin
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by CityNGR: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

16mpg. grin
We're all the same. grin
20mpg UK. We ain't the same sir. Pure city driving 94% below 40mph. Sadly you're right....we are all in the same bracket
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dru23(m): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
banky3w:

People abroad should at least help him in writing correct English naa please..... E be like say Mastering English won't work for our Mobil oil importer. grin grin grin. Please auntyradu, keep the baby and yourself away from him oh, till we figure how to contain this anomaly of a guy.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by banky3w(m): 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
dru23:

At least, your memes speak correct English and didn't write the "intelligence" as "intelligent" like you would have done. Go read Eze goes to school. You'll learn from there. tongue tongue tongue

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dru23(m): 12:33am On Dec 04, 2018
banky3w:

At least, your memes speak correct English and didn't write the "intelligence" as "intelligent" like you would have done. Go read Eze goes to school. You'll learn from there. tongue tongue tongue
Didn't know memes can speak English. This is a perfect example of a poor man telling another poor man how to get money.. You self never get money, and you want to tell me how to get money ... grin grin cheesy

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dru23(m): 12:39am On Dec 04, 2018
banky3w:

Na correct English I dey use collect money from bank grin cheesy grin grin

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by banky3w(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2018
dru23:

Didn't know memes can speak English. This is a perfect example of a poor man telling another poor man how to get money.. You self never get money, and you want to tell me how to get money ... grin grin cheesy

Please add brighter grammar to the list I gave you. For the record, you are making less error in your replies..... Keep it up boy. You'll get there someday.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by banky3w(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2018
dru23:

Na correct English I dey use collect money from bank grin cheesy grin grin
Money? Which money are you collecting? Seems your last batch of Mobil oil has finished and you are waiting for the next batch of smuggled goods. You have time.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dru23(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2018
banky3w:

Money? Which money are you collecting? Seems your last batch of Mobil oil has finished and you are waiting for the next batch of smuggled goods. You have time.

I don't like to brag but ...let me open your eye a bit .. Join the team bro.. Put in your order.. You have my email bro.. Don't be left out in the cold.. Join the mobil extended performance gang.. It will change your life and pocket ..bang bang bang grin

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by banky3w(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2018
dru23:

I don't like to brag but ...let me open your eye a bit .. Join the team bro.. Put in your order.. You have my email bro.. Don't be left out in the cold.. Join the mobil extended performance gang.. It will change your life and pocket ..bang bang bang grin
Oh my..... I use original Mobil 1 and I never knew there was a Mobil 1 team/gang.
You are not the only one selling Mobil on nairaland Bro.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dru23(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2018
banky3w:

Oh my..... I use original Mobil 1 and I never knew there was a Mobil 1 team/gang.
You are not the only one selling Mobil on nairaland Bro.

Well Mobil 1 is ok sha .... But extended performance Mobil oil is for the bigger Boyz now.. Or for boys that want pamper their car. U can't expect a guy that buys the latest G-wagon, or cars that cost millions of naira to buy regular Mobil oil.. These guys go for the best.. Extended performance will extend your engine life.. Bang bang cool
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by adanny01(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

5.6km/l, or 13mpg. Not that good for highway driving in an i4.

70miles x 1.609 = 112.63km

N2,000 fuel ÷ N145 = 13.79litres

112.63km ÷ 13.79litres = 8.17km/l

Likewise, 13.79litres ÷ 3.785 = 3.64gallons

70miles ÷ 3.64gallons = 19.2mpg

19.2mpg is bad but 13mpg is terrible.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Is it the bad fuel?

I get standard 24mpg average mpg daily.... combined mpg tho

ride is actually 2.4l I4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mercedes Is Spending $1 Billion To Go Electric In Alabama / 8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced / Top 10 Most Valuable Auto Brands Of 2017

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54