Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

The New World! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The New World! (272 Views)

New World Order / A Whole New World For Entrepreneurs / This Is A Must Read!!!!!!! Naija Relationships And New World Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New World! by betterAfrica: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2018
What is imagined reality?

Imagined reality is a broad term but I will simplify it by starting from something we can all relate to: 'language'. How are you able to read and understand what I am writing? It is because you learnt it and it is being used in your day to day life. But do you understand "一代植树,另一代植树". I am guessing no. Me neither. This is to show you that no language is in-born,we either learnt them directly (going to school) or indirectly (picking up on the words of others). So, if languages are not in-born and we have to learn them to understand them, that means languages are not natural but man-made. Each word in a language means what it means because a large group of people came together and agreed that word should have that meaning. If something as basic as a language, which is the basis of a tribe is 'imagined', what else in our world do you think is imagined but currently has the meaning or structure it has now because a large number of people agreed to have it that way a long time ago? A group of people found themselves in the same geographical location by chance, they needed a way to communicate, they created a language thus creating a tribe. Crimes and dispute set in,so they needed someone in authority and created a King's position. They noticed they can't individually have every raw food or material they need and needed a way to acquire things they needed,they created trade by barter. They noticed the flaw in the trade by barter system(what if nobody wants what I have or the person that wants what I have does not have what I want), they created a means of exchange and agreed on how much each commodity would be sold against their means of exchange. They needed a a story to tell and explain their existence to the young ones,thus inventing religion. The stronger tribes invade other tribes, colonizing them and forcing them to adopt and belief and their own 'imagined reality'. This probably brought about the birth of borders and also armies to defend those borders. Borders gave birth to territories and territories gave birth to countries. As the nation grew bigger, the kingship way of ruling seemed not too effective anymore and thus birthed governments and different modes of government. And of course, crime and dispute grew, so they made laws. At first, everyone would gather to vote for and against laws and the likes but as the population grew, they chose few people to represent them to make laws. The supreme head of the government obviously couldn't be everywhere at the same time, so he selected representatives to watch over different areas of the country. All this giving birth to politicians.

Before I bore you,what I am trying to say is the world as we know it today might all be 'imagined'. Imagined in the sense that,something is what it is because a large number of people agreed it to be that way. From the color of this text which everyone all agreed to be black, to the name of the gadget in your hand which we all agreed to call a phone,to the price of the phone which is caused by price of components of the phone and price of components caused by the fixed price given to the elements that make up the components, to the belief that we need politicians and governments to survive and also to the belief that we need soldiers, police etc to have a peaceful society. The first person to commit a robbery must have had some kind of "imagined reality" that if he needs something but can not afford it,he can threaten someone that has it with a weapon and get what he wants and he spreads that idea until it became an epidemic leading to the birth of police to curb the epidemic etc. Same with terrorism and raping. These 'imagined crimes' have dealt a huge blow that we create 'imagined cautions' for them. Once it is past a particular time at night,we are rushing to get home. The same 'imagined reality' affected education, a general consensus have made employers to believe only graduates with a particular grade and certificates are employable. This makes parents put pressure on their kids to read a particular course, get a good grade so they get a good job,marry and have kids. Why not allow kids go to school because they want to learn? Not because they want to get a good grade and get a job? Why should there even be exams and tests? To classify the dullards from the smart ones? Schools,exams and tests didn't even exist when the people that invented them did. This same imagined reality has created hate,intertribal hates,international hates and interracial hates. Hates that wouldn't exist if countries, race or tribes didn't exist. It has also made the people forget the power in their possession. It has made people believe without the government, their countries and individual life can't develop which is why every four years, the same process is repeated and we achieve no result still.

This is where ubi-wallet comes in. We want to make things right and correct some of our imagined reality. Imagine ubi-wallet as a mother just delivered of a bouncing baby boy. The boy is pure, without any languages, no laws,no bad thoughts, no affiliation with any tribe, country or race. Just a baby and the mother can decide to shape him into anything she wants. In this case, you and I are the mother and the baby boy is our future and the next generation. We can decide to leave things the way they are now,flawed and not progressing or we can decide to create our new laws,structures and ways. But we don't plan on returning everyone back to the stone age. We are simply correcting wrong realities and leveraging on the good ones to create a better tomorrow for us and the generations to come. Even better, ubi-wallet will be dynamic and decentralized. The next generation can decide to update and change things they feel are no longer relevant. Ubi-wallet would be built on the principle that no structure or idea is real or accepted until we all agree it is by a consensus agreement that is you and I are the one shaping our world, the next generation shapes theirs and so on. But the foundation and system that allows this is ubi-wallet and hopefully our generation is the one to pioneer it.

A post from medium.com:

"We live in a series of imagined realities that have become objective reality as a result of consensus and agreement among a large enough group of people. Consensus has produced religion and taxes.
But let’s say a large enough group of people, like the entire US population, decided that they didn’t want to pay federal taxes unless the government spent their tax dollars in a way that serves the. The imagined reality of “you have to pay your taxes” would eventually crumble and cease to objective reality. It would be to hard imprison the entire US population for tax evasion. Ironically, we then wouldn’t have the tax dollars to fund such a large prison population.
There’s great power in imagined reality: the tribes we build, the projects we start, and the stories that got woven into our lives also emerge from imagined reality"
https://medium.com/@skooloflife/imagined-realities-c8f609c4cf5e

A post on medium.com that further explains where I am going exactly: 'they cannot arrest all of us!!!'. They can arrest a few but the ubi-wallet movement will be built in such a way that it is decentralized and as long as the internet exists,the movement will exist! The first thing we need to do is create and agree on our own decentralized currency which if a large number of people agrees to use becomes our own and new 'imagined money'. This currency will become the basis of our new society, a global world and a world where you and I are first humans before a particular religion,tribe or race.

Lest I forget,the meaning to the Chinese sentence I used above is "one generation plants the tree,the other gets the shade'. This means don't be discouraged if you don't start seeing results of our actions now, the next generation and other generations to come would surely see the results and thank us for it. Be part of history! Invite your friends to be part of history, ubi-wallet is only a platform, it is the number of humans supporting it that gives it life. Thanks.

Ubi-wallet.com

(1) (Reply)

It's Frida... Saturday Morning. Where Are You And What Are You Doing? / You Alone / error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.