Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,559 members, 7,861,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F (3210 Views)

Tinubu Supporters Denounce Him And Switch To Support Obi After Picking Muslim VP / EU: Buhari Doing Nothing To End Killings, Persecution Of Christians By Fulani / Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by FriendNG: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:

Benue is a predominantly Christian state, all the states where you would see a Christian/Christian combo are predominantly Christian, what FFK is saying here is that kaduna is a circular state, hence should have it's religious demography represented as such in the government.
my problem with this state governor is that he's blatantly trying to make Christians in kaduna 2nd class citizens..

No bi only circular but rectangular state. Kaduna is a Muslim state and you cannot do anything about that.

Like Kaduna like Plateau state. Bold move by Elrufai. Just like the way Muslim are made second class citizens in Plateau state.
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by Yusuf54: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
The Woman is a Christian
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by trillville(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
I do not think people in Kaduna state really care about the religion of the candidate. No one ever votes for a deputy. The main candidate always carries the weight.
Kaduna Christians will be okay voting for any Muslim candidate so far the candidate is since to be tolerant towards Christianity.

It is very hard to tell how this election will go, but El rufai seems to be very unpopular with the poor masses and more popular with richer people in the state. I personally think he has failed as a governor because Kaduna has not had functioning street lights in the last 3 years. The roads are also in terrible disrepair. Kaduna has always been lucky to have good governors. El rufai seems to be the odd one out.

The 2019 question is simple. Are the masses in Kaduna suffering from Stockholm syndrome or not. Will they vote based on logic or will they vote for their oppressor.
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by mascot87(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
tinsel:

What do we igbos actually want? Today we are campaigning for biafra and tomorrow we are for Atiku and Obi.
Thanks bro grin
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by tunjijones(m): 6:31am On Nov 05, 2018
seanfer:

Your excuses about states predominantly by Christians does not hold Water... what is good for the Goose is also Good for the Gander.. If it is good for Ekiti,Ebonyi and other states to field Christians as their Candidates, then We should not complain about Kaduna doing the same thing.... Is Ekiti not a Secular State? Or you want to tell me that the Muslims in Benue and Ekiti are not up to 35-40%?

I dnt knw of Benue but Muslim in ekiti is not even up-to 5%
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by seanfer(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
tunjijones:

I dnt knw of Benue but Muslim in ekiti is not even up-to 5%

So you saying the christians in Osun are not up to 5% also? Go to Ado Ekiti Central Mosque on Fridays during Juma'at and see the number of people coming for Worship.....
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by tunjijones(m): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
seanfer:

So you saying the christians in Osun are not up to 5% also? Go to Ado Ekiti Central Mosque on Fridays during Juma'at and see the number of people coming for Worship.....

Bros am from Ado ekiti so i knw what am telling you. For Osun state muslim and christian are like 50-50 same with oyo, ogun and Lagos State. But Ondo and Ekiti are predominately christian abt 90 percent for Ondo and 95% for ekiti.

These are rough estimates though.
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by Anasko(m): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Awol1:

Ahmed Makarfi is from Makarfi. Has he become so politically irrelevant?
Makarfi cannot win his ward agaisnt ElRUFAI
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
seanfer:

Your excuses about states predominantly by Christians does not hold Water... what is good for the Goose is also Good for the Gander.. If it is good for Ekiti,Ebonyi and other states to field Christians as their Candidates, then We should not complain about Kaduna doing the same thing.... Is Ekiti not a Secular State? Or you want to tell me that the Muslims in Benue and Ekiti are not up to 35-40%?

You're an illiterate!
Re: 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F by seanfer(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2020
EmekusTHEgreat:

You're an illiterate!

You just define who you really are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dumo Lulu-Briggs, Next Governor Of Rivers State / Man Stuck With Soldier’s Wife After Climbing ‘magun’ (video) / Umahi Apc Vs Peter Obi Pdp : Choose One As President And State Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.