Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,437 members, 7,846,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! (65704 Views)

Buhari’s First Speech After The Military Coup Of 31st December 1983 / Names Of 1966 Coup Plotters.judge For Your Self & Say If It Was An Igbo Coup / Revisiting History: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by jpphilips(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
EzeUche:
Better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a lamb.

I am proud of all the Biafrans who died fighting for their freedom. There is no shame in that.

They will always be remembered by their people for their bravery in the face of such odds.

If not for this thread how many of them do you remember their names? history is studied to rewrite wrongs not to bolster empty chest of uncommon madness displayed here, coming from an adult like you makes me puke!!

3 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Aaronzy: 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
All i knw is dat the Igbo's started it all....and u knw dat he who laugh last laughs the best

2 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by MiMiakpet(m): 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
What killed Ironsi is the same thing that sank GEJ... "Trust". May God help us.

1 Like

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by proudlyYoruba(m): 2:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Onlytruth:
To my Igbo brothers,

We don't need to ally with anybody in Nigeria. What we need is a "cultural revolution" in Igboland.

There are too many things wrong with the way we approach life and how we chose to relate with others in the Nigerian dungeon.
We need to make FUNDAMENTAL changes in our mindset, philosophy and worldview; else, we will not survive.  undecided There have been too many wicked acts and conspiracies against us in Nigeria, yet we never return same to the perpetrators.
Some things need to die in Igboland for us to survive, and they are the following:

(1)Lack of understanding of how others see us:  We need to understand that our way of life attract envy from other humans, even non-black groups. I see it every time we organize our parties and cultural events overseas. We are different. Hence we must learn to expect hate.

(2) We are too material conscious: I have come to understand that we are a highly progressive people. However, we are mixing "quest for achievement" with "love of money". They are not the same. We can keep the former while keeping the later under check. If you excel in positive output or work, money will come. Naturally.

(3)We need to learn from our Jewish kins NEVER TO FORGIVE any crime against us: We must learn to pursue those who wronged us FOREVER till they meet their demise.

(4) We must embrace violence with a passion: We must meet our enemies at the gate with the understanding that we must keep our guns FOREVER because the way of man is violent. We should stop expecting peace when we are surrounded by deeply entrenched enemies of our survival. See how the northern coup plotters continued killing us even after they had killed the Head of state and thousands of Igbo and easterner army personnel. They still continued killing CIVILIANS in THOUSANDS. We should really go home and reflect on these.

When we are  done with this cultural revolution, we should emerge different and be like the Israelis - A people who stop their enemies BEFORE the enemy strikes. A people who win ALL their wars even in far away territories.

We can do these even now in Nigeria. If we do it right, stoopid crimes will vanish from Igboland, and we can even wake up one day to announce to the whole world that we want to secede (if that is what we want) and NOBODY would dare try to stop us.  cool
We can do these. Yes we can.
I am not trying to tackle your point. But only if isrealis will think of you as their kin.

4 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
seanet02:
Thank you.
No ezeuche, Yoruba soldiers were not part of the coup in anyway, so please leave them out of this.
It was so evident that ironsi knew something about the January coup when he refuse to bring the ibo officers to book.
The counter-coup could have been prevented with the appropriate trial of his kinsmen who carried out the January coup but he refused and prepared his own grave doing so.
one of the concession the January boys got from ironsi before surrendering was immunity .That was why he was reticent to court martial nzeogwu and co.You can get more info regarding the coup by reading books such as "WHO KILLED NZEOGWU,"

2 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by laudate: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
It is 72 hours to the 51st anniversary of the first military coup which took place in Nigeria on the 15th of January 1966.

May the souls of the departed, continue to rest in perfect peace...

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by T9ksy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
eduj:

one of the concession the January boys got from ironsi before surrendering was immunity .That was why he was reticent to court martial nzeogwu and co.You can get more info regarding the coup by reading books such as "WHO KILLED NZEOGWU,"

How magnanimous of him shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by oyatz(m): 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Gen Ironsi was the SUPREME commander of the Nigerian Army but why did he allowed Maj T.Y Danjuma and much more junior officers to arrest,unclad and seriously beaten him up before shooting him to death?
Why couldn't he control his own ADCs and their soldiers?
This clearly shows that during coups, there is breakdown of discipline, law and orders...only those who have the greatest access to means of violence can be correct.

EzeUche:

He could not control his troops. Right or wrong? He was the most senior officer after Ironsi was killed in cold blood. Right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by baralatie(m): 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
Aaronzy:
All i knw is dat the Igbo's started it all....and u knw dat he who laugh last laughs the best
it is the stating of coup in Nigeria that is very annoying
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sick Nigeria will naturally sink on her knee soonest. This is a natural occurrence no one possess the power to stop.
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by oyatz(m): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
May be you aren't aware that shortly after the coup (during Gen Ironsi's regime) there was an official POLICE report on the Jan15,1966 coup.This report is available online, it will cure you of historical revisionism.

Chyz2:

Have no idea where you are getting that im saying "Nzeogwu isnt Igbo" from. And yes, it matters who pulled the trigger. It also matters that that it wasn't only igbos who were part of the coup too. It was just another coup and that coup happened to be headed by an Igbo. Even the biggest Igbo hater alive, Edwin clark, said himself that the coup was the works of Igbo and Yorubas. So yea, all need to be laid out on the story. If a story is going to be told, it should be the whole story.
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by oyatz(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
Blantant LIE from the pit of hell!
1) There was no such thing. Maj Emmanuel Ifeajuna ran to Enugu to discuss with the Premier of Eastern region, Dr Michael Okpara, few hours after killing Tafawa Balewa, Okotie-Eboh, Brig Maimalari, Col Largema and Others.
2) Ifeajuna thereafter escaped to Ghana. Do you run away as a fugitive if you have immunity?
3) Lastly, Gen Ironsi incarcerated the coupists but refrain from subjecting them to trial by military tribunal or any court for that matter.
Ethnic bigots and later day revisionists, do you still incarcerate and promise trial for somebody who has been granted immunity?

eduj:

5 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by stonemasonn: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hmmm history very interesting. So are we learning anything or nothing (as usual)

I just pity my ancestors in the middle belt who carried the counter coup and the civil war on their heads.
Today their Fulani masters who contributed little to one Nigeria are grabbing their lands, destroying their farms, raping their daughters and killing their children.

I put my lighters up for the southern Kaduna, Benue and Jos brothers who were gallant Nigerian officers back in the sixties and seventies, today they're blood sacrifice to the cow worshipping Libyans.

2 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by oyatz(m): 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
As someone who has read widely about the first coup and the counter-coup of July, 1966, I am of the opinion that
The Jan 15,1966 coup was complex because it appeared that there were about 3 coups going on simultaneously.
a) Ifeajuna originated the first coup with its objectives kept secret but which later seemed to manifest with obvious ethnic colouration.
b) Nzeogwu was a revolutionary who taught they were carrying out a revolution and recruited his friend, a fellow revolutionary, Ademoyega.
c) Gen Ironsi hijacked the coup to become the biggest beneficiary of the resultant chaos.
This is my own opinion, I may be wrong or right.

.[.quote author=NegroNtns post=8780824]This Vanuatu coup was a plan to eiminate tip politicians for corruption and it was planned to be ethnic-blind. However when the plotters on gound started the killling they reneged on agreements and plan and it became ethnic-visible, selectively killing off Westerners and Northerners and sparing Easterners. The objectve of the coup was not achieved. Instead, a well kept secret of a sinister intent was unleashed. The Igbo plotters betrayed and backstabbed their non-Igbo co plotters.

That was the sowing of the seed. The igbo planted the seed.

The counter coup of July 66 was a harvest. The igbos reaped what they sowed in January.

Igbos must have loved the harvest of July because soon after, their leader Ojukwu soon planted even a wider with field stretching from west of river niger into MidWest.
As can be predicted, yep, a very big bumper harvest followed that vision by Ojukwu to sow his seeds in a wider field.

Strange enough, igbos have stopped sowing any more seeds and as natural can be expected, there has not been a harvest. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by baralatie(m): 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
oyatz:
As someone who has read widely about the first coup and the counter-coup of July, 1966, I am of the opinion that
The Jan 15,1966 coup was complex because it appeared that there were about 3 coups going on simultaneously.
a) Ifeajuna originated the first coup with its objectives kept secret but which later seemed to manifest with obvious ethnic colouration.
b) Nzeogwu was a revolutionary who taught they were carrying out a revolution and recruited his friend, a fellow revolutionary, Ademoyega.
c) Gen Ironsi hijacked the coup to become the biggest beneficiary of the resultant chaos.
This is my own opinion, I may be wrong or right.

.[.quote author=NegroNtns post=8780824]This Vanuatu coup was a plan to eiminate tip politicians for corruption and it was planned to be ethnic-blind. However when the plotters on gound started the killling they reneged on agreements and plan and it became ethnic-visible, selectively killing off Westerners and Northerners and sparing Easterners. The objectve of the coup was not achieved. Instead, a well kept secret of a sinister intent was unleashed. The Igbo plotters betrayed and backstabbed their non-Igbo co plotters.

That was the sowing of the seed. The igbo planted the seed.

The counter coup of July 66 was a harvest. The igbos reaped what they sowed in January.

Igbos must have loved the harvest of July because soon after, their leader Ojukwu soon planted even a wider with field stretching from west of river niger into MidWest.
As can be predicted, yep, a very big bumper harvest followed that vision by Ojukwu to sow his seeds in a wider field.

Strange enough, igbos have stopped sowing any more seeds and as natural can be expected, there has not been a harvest.
KANU seed na wetin?
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by jbbalarabe(m): 7:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nice one OP, but it will be nice if you write an unbiased story of the first coupe to so as to know the original course of the problem. A one sided story always lead to foolishness and unhealthy hatred .
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
oyatz:
1) There was no such thing. Maj Emmanuel Ifeajuna ran to Enugu to discuss with the Premier of Eastern region, Dr Michael Okpara, few hours after killing Tafawa Balewa, Okotie-Eboh, Brig Maimalari, Col Largema and Others.
2) Ifeajuna thereafter escaped to Ghana. Do you run away as a fugitive if you have immunity?
3) Lastly, Gen Ironsi incarcerated the coupists but refrain from subjecting them to trial by military tribunal or any court for that matter.
Ethnic bigots and later day revisionists, do you still incarcerate and promise trial for somebody who has been granted immunity?

bro i don't have time to engage disparaging characters, your girlfriend or wife would be better suited for that task. Its obvious you dont know that the coup was an unmitigated success in the north, you also didn't know that ifeajuna failed in the south west because ironsi mobilised to lagos when the coup plotter sent to off him (in the east) reneged on the plan,ifeajuna was subsequently smuggled by an igbo business man to ghana (because ironsi then was in charge in lagos) .
After the coup of 1966,nzeogwu was in control of the north while gowon was in charge of the south. ojukwu (who was against the coup, hence his reticence to release nzeogwu even after declaring Biafra) arrested the guy sent to collect cash for the coup soldiers which resulted in a near mutiny at nzeogwus camp. nzeogwu bargained for immunity after which he relinquished command.
Nzeogwus coup is just a superficial excuse to justify what Nigerians did to the igbo.
1) after the counter coup,why didnt gowon and co ,court martial the feb boys?
2) why wasn't persecution of the said coup plotters a topic during the aburi accord?
3) why was nzeogwu afforded a state burial (gowon even attended) even as his ethnic group where being made to pay for the supposed "igbo coup"?
ifeajuna and colonel banjo where shot dead because of their double dealings with the nigerian army command-that goes to show you that the last thing on the mind of those coup plotters was igbo domination.
Many of you peeps are quick to accuse the igbo ethnic group of a sinister plan to land grab the ikwerre, etche and anioma tribes(who they claim aren't igbo) , but are quick to claim the coup of 1966 which was carried out mainly by the anioma as an igbo coup -that my bro is "ethnic bigotry and later day revisionism".

1 Like

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by jbbalarabe(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
Justcash:
I wish that coup was actually carried out to make Igbos politically superior. There is nothing like fairness. Take your advantage when you have it. To hell with brotherhood. As the slaughtering of  Igbos was going on, the same should have been carried out in Enugu against Northern soldiers.
I wish the North had seceded. The West would have probably followed, and the East would have been way better than today.

Well, everything happens for a reason. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Nzeogwu/Ifeajuna failed the Igbo nation. We will get another chance to break this stoopid poo called Nigeria. Hopefully, it will happen in my time, and no Boko haram in heaven, on earth or in hell will stop it
my bloda no be by mouth ohhh lemember it was a counter coupe cool
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by jbbalarabe(m): 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
nduchucks:

Err,  Mallam Max,  the consequences of that counter coup are still with us. More importantly, the consequences of the "Igbo" coup of January 1966 are still with us as well and are the root of all of our problems in this country.  There would have been no counter coup if the Igbo coup had not taken place. You people should never forget that - revisionism will be challenged vigorously in this forum.

Nna, the atrocities highlighted above were essentially an act of war, the Northerners in the Army had to react appropriately. By many standards, their reaction was actually too mild. If you start a war and your enemy responds accordingly, then s.uck it up and stop crying over spilled milk.

The author is beginning to make people like me think he is a closet biafran seccession. The fact that the author has written good articles in the past does not mean one must take everything written by the author as the gospel truth.  The author is yet to convince me that the account above is accurate. Note that most of the sources sited are Southern ‘authors’. Where is the balance here.

God bless you a one sided story is no story it has to be balanced let be sincere with our self its a counter coup what do you expect?
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
jbbalarabe:
God bless you a one sided story is no story it has to be balanced let be sincere with our self its a counter coup what do you expect?
A counter coup that saw millions of innocent civilian dead is justified by you. shocked Why not end the carnage at the take over of government? Why extend the war to the civilian population? Do you think God will ever look down on this nation with smile over the millions of blood shed and the continuance till date? Have you ever asked yourself why nothing works in Nigeria? Not trying to sound superstitious, Nigeria is coursed because of her evil minded population, especially the ones displayed on this forum.

1 Like

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by oyatz(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2017
Tribal bigots like you always reduce every discussion on NL to Igbo Vs Yoruba.
It may interest you to know that of ALL the political and Military leaders killed on Jan 15,1966, S.L Akuntola, the premier of Western Region was THE ONLY ONE THAT FOUGHT the coupists back bullets for bullets from his personal SMG until he ran out of bullets.
S.L Akintola Knew he was going to be killed but wasn't going to go down without a fight.... He was indeed Aare Onakakanfo( may his soul continue to rest in perfect peace) that fought bravely till death, not a lilly livered General that ran away,after causing the death of millions of his people.
Who were the people in NADECO that fought Abacha to a stand still? Did you expect the Yorubas to resort to armed conflict because Canada, UK and the US assured them of 'support' when they had no standing army and armoury of their own?
You don't go to war, basing your survival on the strength or magnanimity of others.What was in for Canada, UK or US in such a war?
...Ojukwu made similar mistakes, figting a war, he stood no chance to win abinitio leading to the avoidable death of millions of his people with reverberating effects still been felt till today.

* Abacha died on Jun 8,1998 and MKO Abiola died on July7,1998

kettykin:
The igbos should lick their wounds and move on . Argument with pathological liars and chronic cowards will not change any thing.

They claim igbos invasion of the sw in ore was why they joined the war but fail to realise awo became VP before then. Also the same idiotic reasoning cannot explain why they failed to fight the invaders of kwara till today.

I also heard some people claiming that igbos killed their leaders and that was why they fought igbos.

The questions remain .when the north killed Fajuyi was he not leader and you didn't do any thing . Abacha alone killed MKO . And imprisoned all the south west generals even the ones that go around boasting of some unverified civil war heroism and the yorubas couldn't come up with action . Even though America Canada Germany Russia was ready to back them .

It is to come to the nairaland to defend their cowardice. I often told people if oussarra of ivory coast was a yoruba he would probably have been in jail.

3 Likes

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by oyatz(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2017
Bros, calm down and answer the questions I posed earlier instead of this your epistle that look like answers to questions that were never asked.
1) I strongly condemned the unwarranted killings of the Igbos after the counter-coup. It was senseless and unnecessary.
2) The civil war was a watershed in the history of Nigeria. Most countries go through such turbulent phase in their process of Nation building.
3) I expected the Oputa Panel to be a genuine mean of national reconciliation in which both sides of the divide will apologize to each and make conscious and deliberate efforts to heal the wounds, prevent a recurrence and promote true national unity in which all parts of Nigeria will feel a sense of belonging.

eduj:

bro i don't have time to engage disparaging characters, your girlfriend or wife would be better suited for that task. Its obvious you dont know that the coup was an unmitigated success in the north, you also didn't know that ifeajuna failed in the south west because ironsi mobilised to lagos when the coup plotter sent to off him (in the east) reneged on the plan,ifeajuna was subsequently smuggled by an igbo business man to ghana (because ironsi then was in charge in lagos) .
After the coup of 1966,nzeogwu was in control of the north while gowon was in charge of the south. ojukwu (who was against the coup, hence his reticence to release nzeogwu even after declaring Biafra) arrested the guy sent to collect cash for the coup soldiers which resulted in a near mutiny at nzeogwus camp. nzeogwu bargained for immunity after which he relinquished command.
Nzeogwus coup is just a superficial excuse to justify what Nigerians did to the igbo.
1) after the counter coup,why didnt gowon and co ,court martial the feb boys?
2) why wasn't persecution of the said coup plotters a topic during the aburi accord?
3) why was nzeogwu afforded a state burial (gowon even attended) even as his ethnic group where being made to pay for the supposed "igbo coup"?
ifeajuna and colonel banjo where shot dead because of their double dealings with the nigerian army command-that goes to show you that the last thing on the mind of those coup plotters was igbo domination.
Many of you peeps are quick to accuse the igbo ethnic group of a sinister plan to land grab the ikwerre, etche and anioma tribes(who they claim aren't igbo) , but are quick to claim the coup of 1966 which was carried out mainly by the anioma as an igbo coup -that my bro is "ethnic bigotry and later day revisionism".
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Balkan(m): 11:03am On Apr 22, 2017
Yoruba Ogundipe
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by jbbalarabe(m): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2017
blues20:

A counter coup that saw millions of innocent civilian dead is justified by you. shocked Why not end the carnage at the take over of government? Why extend the war to the civilian population? Do you think God will ever look down on this nation with smile over the millions of blood shed and the continuance till date? Have you ever asked yourself why nothing works in Nigeria? Not trying to sound superstitious, Nigeria is coursed because of her evil minded population, especially the ones displayed on this forum.
so what are you saying that nigeria would have been better if the counter coup did not happen? Your thinking and understanding is also one sided every course has its own reaction. I recall a pastor saying that there is a curse in the ledership of nigeria because of the murder of its first prime minister( Tafawa Balewa) which was laid by the first coup.not being superstitious also .
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by raumdeuter: 3:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Their efforts nonetheless, there were insinuations that Ironsi had become hostage to a secret set of advisers whosome alleged were mostly Igbo.

Among them were Francis Nwokedi, a former permanent secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs; Pius Okigbo, who advised him on economic matters, and Lt. Col Patrick Anwunah.

Ironsi, on May 24, made a nationwide broadcast affirming the Unification Decree a move that quickly led to riots across many parts of Northern Nigeria. About the same time, despite a moratorium on promotions, the military announced the promotion of 25 military officers mostly of the ranks of Major and Lt. Cols. Of the 25, 19 were either Igbo or Midwesterners; five were from the North, and one was Yoruba.

Properly interrogated, the promotions were seen to be deserving to all, but it was believed to be another image disaster for the Ironsi regime as it portrayed the new regime as trying to consolidate on the Igbo gains from the January 15 coup.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201607290903.html

1 Like

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by laudate: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
oyatz:

Good question! angry
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by disciple1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hi, I’m using Dingtone now. Free calls and messages, such amazing! Download it from http://dingtone.me/fwa?i=kr4Mwx
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Biafman: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
EzeUche:

The counter-coup could have been prevented. Ironsi surrounded himself with Northerners to appear that he did not have any ethnic biases. He should of surrounded himself with trusted Igbo and Yoruba soldiers.

This nation would have been divided if Western diplomats did not play a role in keeping this nation one.
The western diplomats know the fools whom they can easily control and use them to have unrestricted access to the oil in Biafra, hence their role in persuading the fools not to secede despite their Araba plans to secede.
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by Biafman: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
seanet02:
No, he was not weak, there was possibly nothing he could do, the troops were 90 hausas who have been brainwashed that they could only take orders from their kinsmen.
He tried his best but the odds were definitely against him ezeuche.
Because he is yoruba, therefore, he tried his best. Had he been an Igbo officer, you would not have used the sentence "he tried his best" We know cowards when we see one.

1 Like

Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by ejimatic: 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
I stumbled on this write up this afternoon and what the writer said then was exactly what occurred at that time..After reading this piece I wonder why Nigeria has been ruled by a set of people who were first in the military and later became civilians? Additionally I want the National Assembly to enact a law that as from 2023 the following people should not not take part in the Nigerian politics : 1. All ex military state administrators. 2. All ex members of the Supreme military council or Armed forces Ruling Council 3 All ex military. Vice presidents. 4 All ex military heads of states 5 All ex military ministers This is the only way Nigeria can be free from the effects of Jan and July 1966 coups and the civil war ...
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by dododawa1: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
Igbo Vs HAUSA
Re: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966: The Full Story Without Bias! by richie240: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
eduj:

T9ksy:

How magnanimous of him shocked shocked shocked
Lol.....can u just imagine.
My ppl say "when it gets to d turn of the toothless, meat will turn to bone"

Taaaa! Immunity kee u dia!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Charly Boy, Eedris Abdulkareem At The 'Revolution Now' Protest / Aisha Buhari: Garba Shehu And Mamman Daura Undermining Office Of The First Lady / Dino Melaye Arrested By The Police During A Protest 7 Years Ago (Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.