Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday (22881 Views)

NANS To Shut Down All Airports Until ASUU Strike Is Over / Airspace To Be Shut As Aviation Unions Back Labour Strike / Airport Concession: Aviation Unions To Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by kirajustice: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

All Unions in the Nigerian Aviation industry are set to participate in a planned Strike by Labour unions all over the country scheduled to commence on Tuesday, November 6th.

PoliticsNGR gathered that the unions backed the agitations of the Nigeria Labour Congress(NLC), Trade Union Congress(TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC) to ensure that workers were appropriately paid their wages.

The unions: National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE), Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN), National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) and the Association of Nigeria Aviation Professionals (ANAP) in a notice dated November 3, 2018, said that they would participate actively in the strike to call for improved wages for members.

The notice was signed by Comrades Temenu Akinola (NUATE), Frances Akinjole (ATSSSAN), Ocheme Aba (NAAPE) and Abdulrasaq Saidu for ANAP.

They stated that the Nigerian airspace would be shut down from 12 am on November 6, 2018.

The notice also applied to all businesses and agencies involved with aviation

The notice read in part: “In complying with the directive of the labour centers, therefore, we issue this notice to all workers in the aviation sector to withdraw all services from 00:00hrs of November 6, 2018.

“The notice also applies to all businesses and agencies involved with aviation to be aware of the above situation and adjust business accordingly. The general public, especially the international traveling public, are equally notified to avoid, or cancel, plans to utilize workers in the aviation sector.

“For emphasis, all workers must comply with this directive as our unions will not tolerate any sabotage of the strike.”

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-airports-nigeria-shut-tuesday/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by JasonScoolari: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
....And it was not so during the time of GEJ.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Just for their leaders' filty palms to be greased by the roque government and we all return to status quo ... not impressed, Crooks in both govt and Labour trading on our cluster gullibility. angry sad

18 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by emeijeh(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
Chai....

My flight o!!!!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Nwadiuto247: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
Trouble for this government

8 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by SUPERPACK: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
i love this, one-week break loading.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Samantha23(f): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
one week. one trouble
Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
The SHOWDOWN is here!

We believe in our PRESIDENT to do the right thing as he did to all the FAAN pensioners and others just some weeks ago!

God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by ifyalways(f): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
Interesting times ahead

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by lekanolaolu: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
This coming week eeh...

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Nwodosis(m): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
I hope ATMs and online banking will be functional or else trade by barter will be the next available option o!

13 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by condomuser: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
Fuckshit

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by youngds: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
angry why flight na

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
shut down everywhere. useless people, 30k for workers will cause inflation but the billions our president, national assembly members and governors earn either as salary or through stealing will not cause inflation

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by hisexcellency34: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
Let's shut down Aso Villa too and if possible shot down the landlord of that place

9 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by yemifez: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
e go bad...fg go hear am
Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by LOWPEAK: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is really beautiful.... The time is now mehn not after election..
Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Chevronstaff: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
>>On this, I stand with the NLC ..... No Retreat, No Surrender.

11 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Immaculatewill: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2018
Wow interesting
Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by pascal558(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
wetin be our own Make them throw una small money now , una go begin rebel each other... We go begin see facctions!

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by princeade86(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
but I want to travel to kukurunku on Wednesday na. how will I do it.

7 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by dkronicle(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Make e happen sef. Make person get school brk
Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by danowena: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Okay, the only benefit o me is the one week break. When money exchanges hands we will be back to where we started. Nonsense unions.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by wagazala: 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Anyone with experience should please advise what to do. I have a booked intl SA flight for Wednesday. What to do pla?

1 Like

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Blue3k(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
“The notice also applies to all businesses and agencies involved with aviation to be aware of the above situation and adjust business accordingly. The general public, especially the international traveling public, are equally notified to avoid, or cancel, plans to utilize workers in the aviation sector.

This why nigeria should concession these airports. Its only these guys kicking against it. The government should streikebreakers as temporary workers. They can negotiate in mean time. Why should the everyone suffer because of the strike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Hotfreezer: 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
princeade86:
but I want to travel to kukurunku on Wednesday na. how will I do it.

You'll go by glorious transition.

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by alukstea(m): 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
All of this strikes that solve little or nothing , a few get more greased and then the poor people starve and hunger ....
Just hope we would choose right this time. #NigeriaDecides
Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by LegitHustler: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
And i'm expecting some products from China embarassed embarassed

Nigeria govt are dream killers - Richard Branson

Click on my signature if you have teeth stains and want to get rid of them

6 Likes

Re: Aviation Unions To Shut Down All Airports In Nigeria On Tuesday by Kennycyphers(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
I am leaving this geographical space nicknamed Nigeria for Good. Funny thing is, there is no hope of a positive change anytime soon. We are stuck here.

Everyday politicians come promising heaven and earth but end up giving us Hell.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southeast Governors Reject Transfer Of Boko Haram Suspects To Anambra / Donald Duke Cute Christmas Card With His Family / ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.