Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,758 members, 7,813,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter (50148 Views)

14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide After Father Caught Her Having Sex On His Bed / 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Letenwam: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
A 16-year-old Nigerian girl commits suicide identified as Emeryl and also Ibukun to others, reportedly committed suicide after penning down series of suicidal post on Twitter. 

The 16-year-old Nigerian girl who talked about battling demons in tweets, was recently suspended from her secondary school after a violence scandal. She used Twitter to occasionally vent. Some of her tweets were noticed by a few of her followers but she turned down help and once said;

"This year alone, my parents have spent up to 700k on psychiatrist bills but nothing has worked, but it's Funke from the internet that's going to wave her magic wand and fix me with her friendship via DM."

It was further gathered that she was a sickle cell and schizophrenia patient, who turned on to suicide as a way out. Here are some of her tweets below; 

https://lailasnews.com/16-year-old-nigerian-girl-commits-suicide-after-suicidal-posts-on-twitter/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by dkronicle(m): 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
Damn! That guy lost someone that was ready to die for him. He Is a f0ol.
Modified.
i cant believe that some guys here dont know when someone is inlove and dumb. That girl was truly inlove. Not all this slaymama thing. All she needed was a good psychologist around her at all times. Do you people think that depression is just a dictionary word. . E dey pain me say grown up for here still dey do like toddler. She was just 16. Is it because when you were sixteen, sufferness kill ur emotion ? Everybody is not thesame. That girl cross different from our cross. She was inlove, got her hrt broken from a bigger f00l and she got depressed. Nobody was watching her even though she dropped some childish tweet disturbing her emotions. I hope she rest in peace. I feel so bad about her news. I swr down. She deserved a better person.
If you are childish, abeg Just pass by.
I was traveling the other day with some grown ups. I mean people from 45 and above. We were in this toyota sienna, just 7 passengers. The radio was on wazobia fm cause we just arrived somewhere in Lagos then. A girl called the station and said * she got pregnant and has a baby from the place were she was working as an house help, she doesn't know whay to do about her baby and the guy doesn't care*. The grown ups just started saying, she is a fool, she is dat. I was devastated. How can old people like this not understand that this girl is clueless. She tried speaking up. Nigeria sef na country wey the atmosphere fit kill person. People like this girl that just committed suicide needs help. If we dont change this our ghetto mentality because we strong emotionally , Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon then.
Abeg lets be kind to everybody we see. No be every girl we fit use do for the road. some of these girls are not strong. If you leave them, they will just do sth you dont expect. If you can't love her, leave her.
The annoying thing here is that she dropped alot of clue about her impending suicide. She tried. She is just young and not experienced.

254 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Cladez(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Twitter is known to generate false stories for likes and followers so most times people don't take things there much serious

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Kiddinpoh(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Gosh! This is saddening

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Groovenaija360(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Why

Buhari

Why are you this wicked?

25 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by mabaz(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
RIP
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Davidfash10000: 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Tiwa Savage Cry On Stage For Wizkid As She Wins MTV Best African Act

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvgK25URss
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
hmmm... we are in an era where social media plays a huge role in our daily lives.

One thing that gives rise to suicide is expectations

So much expectations and the person can't meet them... they become frustrated and it gets down to depression.

The depression eats deep into them, they start seeking solace in killing themselves...

If there is one battle cry I scream every morning, then it is

"Dear today, please just be nice"

I don't expect much each day, I am just happy that I am alive.

This is my life, nobody should expect NOTHING from me.

We can all emulate such... depression and frustration would become a thing of the past.

Wish the ones alive well!

52 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by ezinnefashionst(f): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by WinningEleven(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Twitter and lies are like 5&6
Believe at your own risk

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by shammahyaro(f): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
RIP..
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
Gtt
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by femtex007(m): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rip.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Derawiz(m): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
Letenwam:
A 16-year-old Nigerian girl commits suicide identified as Emeryl and also Ibukun to others, reportedly committed suicide after penning down series of suicidal post on Twitter. 

The 16-year-old Nigerian girl who talked about battling demons in tweets, was recently suspended from her secondary school after a violence scandal. She used Twitter to occasionally vent. Some of her tweets were noticed by a few of her followers but she turned down help and once said;

"This year alone, my parents have spent up to 700k on psychiatrist bills but nothing has worked, but it's Funke from the internet that's going to wave her magic wand and fix me with her friendship via DM."

It was further gathered that she was a sickle cell and schizophrenia patient, who turned on to suicide as a way out. Here are some of her tweets below; 

https://lailasnews.com/16-year-old-nigerian-girl-commits-suicide-after-suicidal-posts-on-twitter/

She could have found someone to confide in instead of ranting on twitter,at the rate which we're going, very soon verbal communication would be lost.
You can imagine! Even couples now rant about their problems online instead engaging each other in a discourse.

PS: Anyone who commits suicide is weak and a coward,Life isn't meant for the weak.
No matter how bad you think your situation is,you're always better than millions out there.Think about that kid in Haiti that lost his parents to the quake,or the child in a third world country who is feeding on leaves - the sooner we realize this,the more strength and courage we would take to face our everyday life struggle

I don't usually reply mentions but I'll just chip in something what I've posted above..
I still reiterate the fact that only cowards and the weak at heart take the easier route- Suicide. Who gave you the rights to take what you can't give? She feels bad because of what her parents have spent on her?How would they now feel knowing she let them down after spending that huge sum only for her to cave in? Pple who commit suicide are selfish, you kill yourself and want everyone to live their lives as possible as if nothing happened..
I don't need anyone giving me that crappy excuse of depression, I've been so depressed that some three years ago I might have been suicidal. I'm not using myself as a yardstick though but there is always someone you're better than on earth,your case is never the worst so why give up?
Instead of ranting on social media,find people to confide in,there's a whole lot of ways to battle depression and not by ranting on SM seeking for attention/pity which sinks your further into depression when not gotten

As for those who can't clearly seem to get their points across without insults,I'll leave your fate to the mods

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by iamboladee: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is terrible.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by downloadproject(f): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
so bad
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Jagaban880: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
wink... wink....na lie joooor

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
If na true story

RIP to her.

To me, the Twitter posts do not add upundecided
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by baike: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
na, boyfriend kill this one
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Negotiate: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
16 is a minor, that's why developed countries still treat them as kids because they do not have full control over their emotions... I wish she got the help she needed

21 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by HajimeSaito(m): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
May that heartless boyfriend never know peace for as long as he lives.

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by nymphomaniac(m): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
Valar Morghulis

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by emeijeh(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Strange and gory.

Sounds like one Hollywood horror movie.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by JustHector(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Burdened soul... Children! Suckers for pain!
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by thorpido(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Such a sad end.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by elyte89: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Groovenaija360:
grin

I doubt if dis guy understood dis post

Wetin dey correlate laugh with suicide...or do u think its a funny post undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Jeel: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
No weytin be this wan na?
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Godjone(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
this cuntry !!!!

Why are we like this

She sent a warning signal about an impending event, everybody is watching and mopping until she went ahead with her threat. Nobody to fix her up and have her changed her mind. What a useless countrymen and women that resides in Nigeria

That is the trademark of this rejected and godless administration. Suicide in Nigeria increased by 80% Since the assumption of this useless admin. May God help us

6 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by philips007(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
God have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by UncleSnr(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
End of the race.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Man Tears Married Woman's Panties While Trying To Rape Her In Delta. Photo / Man Who Masterminded The Torture Of Lady Over Missing Phone, Arrested. Photos / 'Uju Kingsley Chima Raped Me' - Nkeiruka Cynthia Kamalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.