Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter (50176 Views)

14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide After Father Caught Her Having Sex On His Bed / 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Arthurity1(m): 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
Derawiz:

She could have found someone to confide in instead of ranting on twitter,at the rate which we're going, very soon verbal communication would be lost.
You can imagine! Even couples now rant about their problems online instead engaging each other in a discourse.

PS: Anyone who commits suicide is weak and a coward,Life isn't meant for the weak.
No matter how bad you think your situation is,you're always better than millions out there.Think about that kid in Haiti that lost his parents to the quake,or the child in a third world country who is feeding on leaves - the sooner we realize this,the more strength and courage we would take to face our everyday life struggle
Mumu, schizophrenia is not a disease that you can "confined in someone" for I not surprised she took her own life.... I only feel pity and regret that she couldn't live a happy life. She was tortured to the extreme both physically and mentally and there was no way out for her ( there isn't a cure for both schizophrenia and sickle cell ) .
P.S don't say those that commit suicide are weak, only stupid people say that. You don't know how she felt or what her life was like and I'm sure if they gave you her afflictions for a day you'll do the same. So before you talk, think and consider because God didn't create us all equal, some have crappier lives than others and I think she got dished one of the crappiest of the lot.
A wise man once said that those who commit suicide are the bravest of us all. Because the courage you have to summon to end your own life and moving on to the great unknown ( when others piss themselves at the thought of them dying) is far greater than anyone could imagine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by lastempero: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
How come with all this write-up no one could check on her even when they she is suicidal. Hope it's a lie
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Don't worry you will see more from your kids and i hope you enjoy it.

you fuc*** up when you decided to quote my comment.

I'm enjoying yours.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by kristen12(f): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
She was a sickle cell patient that had suicidal thoughts because of the pains she was going through and was also battling with schizophrenia. She didn't kill herself. Stop spreading false stories.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Okwedinkechi: 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rip
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by dkronicle(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
Negotiate:

She’s the bigger f00! to have thought that a relationship at age 16 is a green card to a blissful forever after
Bro, the fact say we sabi control our emotions no mean say other people too sabi am. She was truly inlove
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by meobizy(f): 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
If it is on Twitter then it is automatically a lie.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by dkronicle(m): 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
oloyolo:

dude this girl was clinically crazy. wtf

your loneliness has obviously impaired your ability to reason.
Oga incase u dont know. I have been sleeping with different girls for like 7 months or so now. I can't even remember the week i never had sxx. So keep lonely for one corner. That girl was inlove and dumb. She had no one close by that could advice her.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
D schizophrenia alone causes hallucinations,distorted thinking nd perceptions...her parents should have taken her to a psychologist..guess dey didnt pay much attention to her..its sad
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
dkronicle:

Oga incase u dont know. I have been sleeping with different girls for like 7 months or so now. I can't even remember the week i never had sxx. So keep lonely for one corner. That girl was inlove and dumb. She had no one close by that could advice her.
...nd ur happy...we should give u a medal abi. What trophy have u won sannu James bond..when u marry now u go begin give ur wife headache bcoz na d nonsense wey remain u go dey deposit...

4 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by fucc12: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
Zeinymira:

Imagine being sickle cell and schizophrenic

Do you even know what these 2 chronic disease are? I'm sure you can't handle a quarter of her pain

And that's an excuse to commit suicide, like there aren't people in worse situations, who still struggle to go about their daily lives...Mtcheww.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
dkronicle:

cheesy everybody!! this guy has been sleeping different women since Columbus discovered western Indiana. he needs a golden microphone and an extra dic*

we are asking for donations please nothing is too small.

ode I never asked if you've ever had sex or not, I said you were lonely (psychologically), and your comment just proved it.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by dkronicle(m): 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
oloyolo:

cheesy everybody!! this guy has been sleeping different women since Columbus discovered western Indiana. he needs a golden microphone and an extra dic*

we are asking for donations please nothing is too small.

ode I never asked if you've ever had sex or not, I said you were lonely (psychologically), and your comment just proved it.

Mumu, i told because u said i have been lonely. I know a girl that was in that same shoe. I swr she took kerosine. I am serious for real. I dont know why she wasnt affected. Bro people get depressed and some cannot even handle it. I swr, i know what i am talking about. She was just young and inexperienced.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by babtoundey(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is sad.

she reminds me of Sarah Kane's "Psychosis"
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
King44:
TALKING ABOUT "CORRUPTION" NIGERIANS SHOULD PLEASE SAVE US, WE UNILORIN STUDENTS FROM HIKE OF SCHOOL FEES, INITIALLY WE PAY #25,000 TO #28,000 DEPENDING ON FACULTY NOW THEY ARE FORCING US TO PAY #45,000 + AND HIGHER THAN THAT DEPENDING ON FACULTY AND THE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE OTHER CHARGES LIKE BANDWIDTH ETC, (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY O) AND ITS SO SADDEN THAT THEY ARE WARNING STUDENTS NOT TO EVEN PROTEST ONLINE WHEN ITS OBVIOUS WE CAN'T DO A PEACEFUL PROTEST WITHIN THE SCHOOL FOR THE FEAR OF RUSTICATION aka FACE TANKE, IF THIS CONTINUE WITHOUT BEING CHECKED UNILORIN WOULD BE THE FIRST FED UNIVERSITY TO COERCE STUDENT TO PAY ABOVE NORMAL FEE COMPARED TO WHAT OTHER FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES PAY eg OAU, UNILAG etc, THEY SHOULD CONSIDER SOME STUDENTS WHO HAS NO PARENTS ETC AND HAVE LOOK FOR THEIR FEE THEMSELVES VIA HARD LABOUR OR CONTRIBUTION FROM FELLOW STUDENTS ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL
#lalasticlala
#Seun
Kindly share n Repost

Why not create a thread for this... The mods. should take it to the appropriate section
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by JaySpice: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
Na wao.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Patrik007(m): 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
Suicide is never the answer

For Good daily devotion follow @bible_diet

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by iamfromlagos(f): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
WinningEleven:
Twitter and lies are like 5&6 Believe at your own risk
This particular one is no lie. I've been on her TL.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by akdjr(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
She's resting now
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
dkronicle:

Mumu, i told because u said i have been lonely. I know a girl that was in that same shoe. I swr she took kerosine. I am serious for real. I dont know why she wasnt affected. Bro people get depressed and some cannot even handle it. I swr, i know what i am talking about. She was just young and inexperienced.

baba u talked about the guy being a fool for leaving her, that is what I reacted to.

as for the girl matter trust me her chances of living a normal life are slim. schizophrenia and sickle cell anemia sounds poetic, but trust me the are not a healthy combination.

people who suffer from the former mostly end up a loony those who suffer from the latter grow up to death, those who suffer from both, they just don't exist.(at least not for long)
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
You are mentally weak. Suicidal people are not weak. If you think death is for the weak, make them point gun for ya head na. I know your type. Even if you were from Utopia, you'd never die for your country or an ideology you believe in. Depression is a mental disorder. This disorder erases fear from their minds. Just like a mad man that doesn't care about the dangers and evils that are buried in the darkness of the night, depressed people are ignorant of fear, which is why death is easier for them than life. The best cure for depression is religion! No matter the religion, as long as it revolves around spirituality, it will distract the mind from its pains and give it enough time to heal.

BTW, this is from experience.
Derawiz:

She could have found someone to confide in instead of ranting on twitter,at the rate which we're going, very soon verbal communication would be lost.
You can imagine! Even couples now rant about their problems online instead engaging each other in a discourse.

PS: Anyone who commits suicide is weak and a coward,Life isn't meant for the weak.
No matter how bad you think your situation is,you're always better than millions out there.Think about that kid in Haiti that lost his parents to the quake,or the child in a third world country who is feeding on leaves - the sooner we realize this,the more strength and courage we would take to face our everyday life struggle

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Leo10000(m): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
HajimeSaito:
May that heartless boyfriend never know peace for as long as he lives.

MR. MAN,PLS STOP BEING EMOTIONAL
Y SHOULD U LAY CURSE ON SOMEONE U don't KNOW COS OF D WEAK EMOTIONS IN UR VEIN,don't let emotion cloud ur judgment next time, hear d oda story first, rip to her tho!
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Sagay212: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
the population is already too much so if anyone thinks of commiting suicide for a very senseless reason, that's their business. afterall we are all going to die so of some choose to die early, there's nothing wrong about it. No time for nonsense...life continues fornthe living
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
Sagay212:
the population is already too much so if anyone thinks of commiting suicide for a very senseless reason, that's their business. afterall we are all going to die so of some choose to die early, there's nothing wrong about it. No time for nonsense...life continues fornthe living
Too much population is not our problem. Our problem is that we have a very high rate of useless people like you who find it extremely hard to use your brains in public. You should be in Idlib awaiting some good old Soviet bombing.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
fucc12:

And that's an excuse to commit suicide, like there aren't people in worse situations, who still struggle to go about their daily lives...Mtcheww.
Look up for the meaning of schizophrenia before you go to sleep. Good night.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Sagay212: 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
NaijaTalkTown:

Too much population is not our problem. Our problem is that we have a very high rate of useless people like you who find it extremely had to use your brains in public. You should be in Idlib awaiting some good old Soviet bombing.

stop yapping trash. you can commit suicide if you are tired of living.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Zieina(f): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Derawiz:

[s]PS: Anyone who commits suicide is weak and a coward,Life isn't meant for the weak.
No matter how bad you think your situation is,you're always better than millions out there.Think about that kid in Haiti that lost his parents to the quake,or the child in a third world country who is feeding on leaves - the sooner we realize this,the more strength and courage we would take to face our everyday life struggle[/s]

Shut up! You know nothing.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by elmodee7(m): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
life goes on. you will be forgotten in a week. u died for nothing.
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Ccdavies(m): 11:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
dkronicle:
Damn! That guy lost someone that was ready to die for him. He Is a f0ol.
Modified.
i cant believe that some guys here dont know when someone is inlove and dumb. That girl was truly inlove. Not all this slaymama thing. All she needed was a good psychologist around her at all times. Do you people think that depression is just a dictionary word. . E dey pain me say grown up for here still dey do like toddler. She was just 16. Is it because when you were sixteen, sufferness kill ur emotion ? Everybody is not thesame. That girl cross different from our cross. She was inlove, got her hrt broken from a bigger f00l and she got depressed. Nobody was watching her even though she dropped some childish tweet disturbing her emotions. I hope she rest in peace. I feel so bad about her news. I swr down. She deserved a better person.
If you are childish, abeg Just pass by.
I was traveling the other day with some grown ups. I mean people from 45 and above. We were in this toyota sienna, just 7 passengers. The radio was on wazobia fm cause we just arrived somewhere in Lagos then. A girl called the station and said * she got pregnant and has a baby from the place were she was working as an house help, she doesn't know whay to do about her baby and the guy doesn't care*. The grown ups just started saying, she is a fool, she is dat. I was devastated. How can old people like this not understand that this girl is clueless. She tried speaking up. Nigeria sef na country wey the atmosphere fit kill person. People like this girl that just committed suicide needs help. If we dont change this our ghetto mentality because we strong emotionally , Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon then.
Abeg lets be kind to everybody we see. No be every girl we fit use do for the road. some of these girls are not strong. If you leave them, they will just do sth you dont expect. If you can't love her, leave her.
The annoying thing here is that she dropped alot of clue about her impending suicide. She tried. She is just young and not experienced.

What nonsense love at 16 that should make her kill herself! Iwang at a ata iwang kedo... Mkponosop
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by bespokeset: 12:10am On Nov 05, 2018
Okay. Never thought I'd write this. Like I do almost everyday I checked her TL today to find out she's committed suicide. Ibukun is one of the most intelligent 16 year old I've ever had the chance to interact with. She suffered from the challenges associated with sickle cell disease, borderline personality disorder and also suicidal. I personally had to go read up on BPD to know more about her situation. She had a morbid obsession about death and seemed to believe that was her way out of the misery of pain, psychiatric visits, drugs and medicines she was required to take etc. Many times I had tears in my eyes reading her tweets... how horrible she feared the night and the voices she was going to be hearing in her head etc. One minute she's a jolly good fellow the next she's lashing out but from what I found out it goes with the terrain of BPD. If it's true she's gone this way it's quite sad. I just hope she's found peace and become free from the constant pain she tweeted about. Once she tweeted that she was programmed for failure as she believed she didn't make the choice to have the sickle cell disease challenge. She was a realist almost to a fault and she could knock off your argument with one stroke of sarcasm.

Finally, for those castigating her in any way I pray you don't walk in her shoes. I am not a psychiatrist so couldn't help professionally but she made all the challenges she had real, voicing deep seated thoughts with both hands holding onto the jugular of life asking why.... why...

Adieu Ibukun I hope you find peace and rest.

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Albinoflash(m): 12:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Derawiz:

oga as our physical strength differs,so also is our emotional strength.someone can loose everything and still cope n anoda will just loose a little and call for the world to end already.depression is very bad,try n help someone in it if u can
Re: 16-year-old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide, After Suicidal Posts On Twitter by Ayobami7(m): 12:23am On Nov 05, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Man Tears Married Woman's Panties While Trying To Rape Her In Delta. Photo / Mumini Abubakar Killed Franca Elisha, His Pregnant Girlfriend, Buried Her / Panic In Umuahia As Gunmen Kill A Security Officer (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.