Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) (37810 Views)

Iran Unveils World’s First ‘air Defense Boat’ - Photos / Meet Alex, The New AI Robot Designed To Give Full Body Massage. (PHOTOS) / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by lexy2014: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2018
israelmao:

At the root of every invention there is always incremental progression(modification )which we sometimes called stealing.
That's very untrue. An invention is an original, d first of its kind. If people decide 2 build on it fine. But even d modification of what has been invented, d Chinese can't do it on their own. They steal 2 build on technology that has already been invented. D technology 4 many of their smart phones& military harware were stolen over d years by state sponsored hackers

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by maasoap(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:

Fvck your parents you worthless piece of shit, im not as empty headed as you're and won't be intimidated by nonsense, tell me a fvcking useful thing they invented, I dare your immature brain (OK forget it you're too useless to find out anything) it's such rubbish the Chinese use to keep their popularity among shlt people like yourself so they keep scamming, how many futuristic innovations did the Chinese use to scam investors?.. Countless Third world my a$$. You're the purest example of how empty a human brain can be
Spits

You never heard of the Four Great Inventions by the Chinese? These are Paper, Gun powder, Printing and Compass. There are still many others too.

2 Likes

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by nifty60(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

Chinese are masters in making useless inventions
Up to now I've never seen any breakthrough Chinese innovation thats really relevant and improved lives(I challenge u to name one)
Only knock offs and useless inventions like this robot and other weird tech items which definitely dies in one year time

#Spits
You may be typing this trash from a Chinese phone
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Foodforthought: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:
The future is AI. Even humans would end up with bionic implants or totally graduate to transhumanism. Perfect for control.
One of the few wise ones
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by israelmao(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2018
lexy2014:

That's very untrue. An invention is an original, d first of its kind. If people decide 2 build on it fine. But even d modification of what has been invented, d Chinese can't do it on their own. They steal 2 build on technology that has already been invented. D technology 4 many of their smart phones& military harware were stolen over d years by state sponsored hackers

What if I tell you there's no original invention,brilliance is simply borrowed?
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Wizaugpet(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
It's either the OP is bias or shortsighted. If not, how on earth will China be the future.
Boston Dynamics was founded by the US (though now controlled by a Japanese firm called Soft Bank) and they are taking the lead in robotics. Most significant contributions in robotics were made by the US and Japan. Up till tomorrow, Japan and the United State are still the one taking the lead in robotics and mechatronic systems. The most advanced humanoid robot (Sophia) was built by a US-Honk Kong based company. Check out Atlas also.
China is the future because they are aiming to land a rover on Mars by the year 2030 (something the US has done decades ago). The US will land another Rover in 2020 and peradventure take human to the red planet by the year 2030.
Any country that has been disqualified in the space race is not fit to take us to the future.
The future is in space technology!
Can't wait for Donald Trump to kickoff the US space force.
Hmmm, you're making sense man!
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by lexy2014: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2018
israelmao:

Then I will say u are wrong
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by omojeesu(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:
The future is AI. Even humans would end up with bionic implants or totally graduate to transhumanism. Perfect for control.

Exactly!

Revelation 13:15 New Living Translation (NLT)

15 He was then permitted TO GIVE LIFE TO THIS STATUE SO THAT IT COULD SPEAK. Then the statue of the beast commanded that anyone refusing to worship it must die.

New Living Translation (NLT)

4 Likes

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by israelmao(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2018
lexy2014:

Then I will say u are wrong

Have you come across or read these books? 1.The Little Book of Plagiarism
2.Borrowing Brilliance
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by endoski: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

Up to now I've never seen any breakthrough Chinese innovation thats really relevant and improved lives(I challenge u to name one)
Only knock offs and useless inventions like this robot and other weird tech items which definitely dies in one year time

#Spits
who gave birth to you? You’re such a wasted product
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Ola17: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

#Spits
Ignorance on rampage.
Get yourself informed.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2018
anonymous1759:

The chinko products you buy at cheaper rate are done by robots... Making cost of labour cheap that's why China have mass production making them have one of the best economies in the world...
Guy shut up and stop saying what u don't know, China cut production cost with cheap labour and not robots, these phones and electronics we use are designe in us and Europe then taken to China to manufacture because of cheap labor.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by vioment: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2018
This is not a good tech all the way. It is a good tech feat but it seems like a cunning way for the chinese govt to control the news outlets better.

I don't like talking to robots on the phone, I just know that a robot presenter is rubbish and disneyish.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2018
israelmao:

That's a lie, I can give u name of 50 original inventors and their inventions.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 10, 2018
Ola17:

Ignorance on rampage.
Get yourself informed.

That guys is kinda right, this news reporter robots is a good as sex doll, it ain't replacing human anytime soon.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Vicvalentine: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2018
The End times you are trying to wade off , is gradually approaching and even faster thank you think.

The future is all Damnation.

Repent and turn to Christ Jesus While he is still Near.

Peace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by israelmao(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2018
charliboy654:

That's a lie, I can give u name of 50 original inventors and their inventions.
Ok
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Ola17: 9:19am On Nov 10, 2018
Ajibesin:

"The most advanced humanoid robot (Sophia) was built by a US-Honk Kong based company."

and Hong Kong is not China??

No mind am.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by HZwriters: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:

not acceptable
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2018
egopersonified:
I don't really believe in robots taking human jobs, it's most likely the types of jobs would change. If there would be less human presenters, then there would be more engineers, editors, writers, technicians, make up artists, fashion designers, hair stylists, etc to keep the robots running. It would basically mean changing career paths. solution? never stop learning.

Sorry to say but you are very naive, a robot can learn much faster than a human, even those job you mentioned will be completely gone, only like 1% of it will remain in each sector, let's take for example the movie Irobot( it's just a movie) but this issue was discussed albeit briefly, a robot can make a finer chair than a carpenter, the best police officer, the Best builder, the best rescue operative, the best demolisher, basically we end up being livestock that can't do anything but obey the super intelligent AI robot Viki.

Even now most factories are being automated, workers getting laid off, unless you destroy 4 billion people on earth, there is no way robots will be an advantage to us or create an alternative job, cause whatever Job it is A ROBOT WILL ALWAYS DO IT BETTER THAN A HUMAN EXCEPT COMPASSION, HATRED & JEALOUSY

3 Likes

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Ola17: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2018
skarz:

but then again China has a billion citizens which most are jobless
why are they trying to take away jobs from their people
if robots takes over what's the need for university education when at the end you'll not get a job cause robots have taken over

there are things Chinese inventors are supposed to think about before making them

Where did you pull out this statistics from?

It is really amazing how people can boldly make ignorant comments about what they know nothing about.

China with a population of more than one billion people still has a lower unemployment rate compared to Nigeria. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Chuksomenia(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:

You're the one not using ur brain. Why don't you show me the useful inventions they did. You're worthless if not I would've brought forward 100 useless ones they did
You're very Very stupid and worthless
I refuse to be foolish. The weird news robot is useless, I repeat myself
Oga you Don forget say Samsung na Chinese company? And Samsung alone has done uncountable innovations. Almost all hardware the US use is produced in China. including iPhone hardware
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by aadoiza: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Well he is right. Unless they steal the technology. Chinese never come up with useful breakthroughs
Servercodes001

So stealing is that easy eh? How come Nigeria hasn't been able to steal an invention, not even an obsolete one?

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by oxygenlove(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2018
delugajackson:

Third world comment. You have spoken like the typical third world illiterate that you are. Which technological innovation has Nigeria successfully made and unveiled? Why not appreciate what is good? People like you are the singular reason why the Whites look down on Africans as monkeys and irrelevant people.
and yes ..the guy is right....
what will become of people trying to be a newscaster?
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 10, 2018
If you're still in secondary school or just started your degree in journalism,you have no cause to be alarmed.
You'll finish nd have 30 years experience before naija adapt a technology like this one.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by harryjunior17(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2018
Samsung is south Korean..not Chinese.. get it straight

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nathan2016: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

#Spits

Big lie man

Without china, all these world power would have killed us with their high end products - apples, lambo,gucci, etc.

Do you think you can be able to afford high end phones, cloths and cars they make. Or electronics.

This is a big step towards AI.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Arabique: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2018
oxygenlove:
and yes ..the guy is right....
what will become of people trying to be a newscaster?
he is right that China have never made a useful innovation? Do you know him much it cost to purchase is stock products? Try buying a Levi jeans original from amazon or eBay. Try driving a ford without Chinese parts or a BMW or a Benz. Try using belts not made in China. Or using products without Chinese invented synthetic leather which made life a whole lot cheaper. Try living a day without a Chinese product. You think hi-tech is just for show some of these things are just capacity demonstrators to show investors that a particular tech companies is worth investing on... Why do you think car companies spend billions building a single race car that customers can't buy. It's just a show off to prove capacity... But Nigeria s don't know. Nigerians will say anything that does not give them food is useless

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Horus(m): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2018
Imagine a robot as Nigeria President grin, no more corruption grin

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Arabique: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2018
skarz:

but then again China has a billion citizens which most are jobless,why are they trying to take away jobs from their people
if robots takes over what's the need for university education when at the end you'll not get a job cause robots have taken over

there are things Chinese inventors are supposed to think about before making them
it's a tech demonstrator China's Xinhua is showing off tech capacity... You people should stop taking things too seriously...
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Arabique: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Well he is right. Unless they steal the technology. Chinese never come up with useful breakthroughs
Servercodes001
gunpowder, paper and awhile of the medicines that saves your life were invented in China.. left to the west Nigeria will not have a single manufacturing industries but most of the machineries and production lines in our factories are Chinese invented... You guys should think deep first before commenting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed By My Friends In Ikorodu (Photos) / Airtel Introduces #300 For 1gb / See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.