Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) (37806 Views)

Iran Unveils World’s First ‘air Defense Boat’ - Photos / Meet Alex, The New AI Robot Designed To Give Full Body Massage. (PHOTOS) / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Angelcoco: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
delugajackson:

Third world comment. You have spoken like the typical third world illiterate that you are. Which technological innovation has Nigeria successfully made and unveiled? Why not appreciate what is good? People like you are the singular reason why the Whites look down on Africans as monkeys and irrelevant people.
house negro
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by SKhanmi: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Where is your proof of this?

According to the bible, Esau was richer and had more people than Jacob to the end of their lives. He even could have wiped out Jacob when they met in the dessert, but spared him.

Yes..all correct..and EDOM became a great kingdom right? Did I mention a burial? And dont forget his relative who is an Egyptian viceroy Joseph was also present. SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND. It's better to find out yourself, afterall I may just be a mad person wink
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:

Hmmm,come to think of it,I just saw that quote in a different light(If we went back to biblical times & saw a robot in a vision? How will we describe it THEN,more likely a STATUE(created,moulded*ROBOT). Or an helicopter? A chariot with .....?

It's quite enlightening after having broadened your spectrum of knowledge,you go back to your Qur'an or Bible and read again, A lot more info will spring out at you. These books contain a lot of codes that would never be deciphered by an average worshipper that refuses to SEEK.

Tidbit: Many people didn't know Esau was beheaded at Jacobs burial by a deaf cousin. Remember where their mother lamented about having to lose them both in a day? Placed out of context by the Bible editors

The biblical book of Revelation: acceptance and dispute

What's your opinion on this?

"the Church was slow to accept Revelation as scripture." 1 Origen, an early Christian theologian, used the term antilegomena to describe those books whose inclusion in the official canon of the Bible was actively disputed. In the fourth century CE, when the canon of the Bible was assembled from among the approximately 50 gospels and hundreds of epistles then in use by the Christian movement, Revelation was only reluctantly included. "To this day, Orthodox churches do not use Revelation for scripture readings during worship." 1 

Martin Luther downgraded the significance of Revelation. It portrays God as inflicting horrendous punishments on humanity -- a concept that is today sometimes called "Ambush Theology." Luther concluded that he could not readily harmonize the God described in Revelation with the God to whom Jesus prayed to as Abba. When Luther translated the Bible into the German language, he downgraded Revelation by relegating it to an appendix.
Omojeesu

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/587741-book-revelation-almost-didnt-get-into-2.html#ixzz5WSvJx2df

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:

Yes..all correct..and EDOM became a great kingdom right? Did I mention a burial? And dont forget his relative who is an Egyptian viceroy Joseph was also present. SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND. It's better to find out yourself, afterall I may just be a mad person wink

I asked what is your proof, not talk gibberish

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by tmtech: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Unbelievable that someone is actually comparing US and China when it comes to piracy, making inferior quality of established brand names, and stealing technology!

American manufacturers many times sell one of their machines to a Chinese company — and then it’s the only one they ever sell! The Chinese copy the new machine they buy, then produce cheaper but inferior versions of it. Microsoft for many years complained of the piracy of their intellectual property in China.
Four times the population of USA, CHINA IS A THIRD-WORLD COUNTRY in most aspects.
The country is shrouded in secrecy, with neither a free press nor transparent legal system, which is why no one is prosecuted for piracy and faking. And why do u think things like HARVESTING OF PRISONER'S ORGANS, selective abortions, even mixing human flesh in ground meat, and other barbaric acts are so rampant?
Look, China simply does not enjoy the basic societal and individual freedoms that have always been instrumental in creating advanced technology, investing in new technology, and protection of intellectual property. Wherever the Chinese go, wayo and fakery follow!
Servercodes001

u r talking politics not tech... russia has a lot of press censorship too and u can't enjoy d kinda freedom u do in USA in Russia. does dat now invalidate russian tech?

china has been making it's own mircoprocessors since early 2000....

even the USA knows that when is comes to tech, china is a force to reckon with...
did you know china is about to explorer the dark side of the moon dat has never been explored before?

u may called Dem a third world or wareva, they have one of d best economies in the world.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by themanderon: 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
The end is near.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by tmtech: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
lexy2014:

That's very untrue. An invention is an original, d first of its kind. If people decide 2 build on it fine. But even d modification of what has been invented, d Chinese can't do it on their own. They steal 2 build on technology that has already been invented. D technology 4 many of their smart phones& military harware were stolen over d years by state sponsored hackers

USA too spy on Russia , kidnapped lunik to perfect dia space lauch program...
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Toseenlove: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

Chinese are masters in making useless inventions
Up to now I've never seen any breakthrough Chinese innovation thats really relevant and improved lives(I challenge u to name one)
Only knock offs and useless inventions like this robot and other weird tech items which definitely dies in one year time

#Spits

Na person born this one too chai. Na soakaway them supose don throw u teytey.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Toseenlove: 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ufedolove:
But to be honest, this invention is very needless at this moment that unemployment is biting so hard on every country. The economic disadvantages of this invention outweigh the advantages.

Stop giving births to unwanted children. They are constituting nuisance in the society.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Keepshining(f): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

World’s first English speaking Artificial Intelligence news anchor

In case you're an news presenter this news should stress you as robots are seeking your jobs. Chinese greatest news agency XINHUA has unveiled the world's first English speaking Artificial Intelligence newscaster. This robotic newscaster dresses with a costly suit, glasses and tie. It was modeled after a genuine Xinhua stay called Zhang Zhao.

Xinhua News asserts the news presenter "can read texts as naturally as a professional news anchor", I don't really concur. Appears to me like the Chinese organization is truly intending to cut employments of their commentators. In an announcement from the organization, it says, the AI robot presenters can “work” 24 hours a day on its website and social media channels, “reducing news production costs and improving efficiency”.

The computerized presenter can be modified to read news quicker than people.

In any case, the innovation has it's very own detriments. For example, it has a restricted scope of facial expressions and it's voice is totally robotic. Despite the fact that it makes a decent attempt to sound human, it's anything but difficult to tell that it is anything but a genuine human.

The future is China

The English speaking AI presenter started his job by saying, “Hello, you are watching English news programme,”

“I will work tirelessly to keep you informed as texts will be typed into my system uninterrupted,” says the presenter in an introductory video.

“I look forward to bringing you the brand new news experiences.”

Xinhua and Sogou a Chinese internet search engine built up this innovation. It was intended to reproduce human voice, outward appearances and signals. However you take a look at it, the possibility of AI discovering it's way into various jobs is chilling as it will continuously assume control numerous occupations later on. We'll check whether different news office obtains this innovation later on.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/chinas-xinhua-news-agency-unveils-worlds-first-ai-news-presenter/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAfiATTQufk
Lo ba tan. Ce'st fini.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by SKhanmi: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Martin Luther downgraded the significance of Revelation. It portrays God as inflicting horrendous punishments on humanity -- a concept that is today sometimes called "Ambush Theology." Luther concluded that he could not readily harmonize the God described in Revelation with the God to whom Jesus prayed to as Abba.

I'll try and keep it very simple.

The Bible is a collection of knowledge from different sources sometimes relating to different eras and other Gods which have been edited to point towards the God of the Bible. Knowledge was also borrowed from many sources especially during the Greek era.

Now we have portions that have been hidden,destroyed or simply re-phrased to mean something else. Have you heard of Gnostic Christians? Book of moses,enoch? Esoteric Christianity? etc Let's leave that.

Now to the book of revelations,you might have heard that it was placed wrongly, that it resonates more with the old testament? Let me add another...."It should be the first before Genesis"? The Gods are similarly right,vengeful & bloodthirsty? Fact is there were many Gods in the old testament,Jehovah is different from the Elohim(Plural). Now I'm not an authority in this but from my research

There were other religions with that concept of Dreadful Gods punishing with fire eg Moloch,Baal(Yes,They existed),it was incorporated into the Bible to suit THEIR OWN model of xtianity,their over zealous imaginations did the rest. A fear based religion is powerful & very useful. Thanks to the Church of Rome.... else no fearful adherents,no power,no pope no pastors. We would all prefer to brazenly commit sins & beg for forgiveness on our dying bed if the concept of hell didn't exist. No be human beingswink

Martin Luther and the rest only noticed the smaller flaws but not the whole picture. The Bible was created by men for men, it was meant as a guide like other holy books & not as the ultimate source of knowledge,not as a means of control. There are other fountains of knowledge, other dimensions, other beings,other Gods. The difference between you & your creator is knowledge.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Angelcoco: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Toseenlove:

Na person born this one too chai. Na soakaway them supose don throw u teytey.
he's right tho. Nigerians love anything other than black. How will AI benfit china in anyway?
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by SKhanmi: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

I asked what is your proof, not talk gibberish

I'm done answering you. Learn to be open minded even if the person is talking gibberish. I don't insult others & don't tolerate it either. Go and find your proof.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:

I'll try and keep it very simple.

The Bible is a collection of knowledge from different sources sometimes relating to different eras and other Gods which have been edited to point towards the God of the Bible. Knowledge was also borrowed from many sources especially during the Greek era.

Now we have portions that have been hidden,destroyed or simply re-phrased to mean something else. Have you heard of Gnostic Christians? Book of moses,enoch? Esoteric Christianity? etc Let's leave that.

Now to the book of revelations,you might have heard that it was placed wrongly, that it resonates more with the old testament? Let me add another...."It should be the first before Genesis"? The Gods are similarly right,vengeful & bloodthirsty? Fact is there were many Gods in the old testament,Jehovah is different from the Elohim(Plural). Now I'm not an authority in this but from my research

There were other religions with that concept of Dreadful Gods punishing with fire eg Moloch,Baal(Yes,They existed),it was incorporated into the Bible to suit THEIR OWN model of xtianity,their over zealous imaginations did the rest. A fear based religion is powerful & very useful. Thanks to the Church of Rome.... else no fearful adherents,no power,no pope no pastors. We would all prefer to brazenly commit sins & beg for forgiveness on our dying bed if the concept of hell didn't exist. No be human beingswink

Martin Luther and the rest only noticed the smaller flaws but not the whole picture. The Bible was created by men for men, it was meant as a guide like other holy books & not as the ultimate source of knowledge,not as a means of control. There are other fountains of knowledge, other dimensions, other beings,other Gods. The difference between you & your creator is knowledge.

Thanks for your erudite response. I don't agree with all of it but u made some points. The difference between u and your creator is beyond just knowledge. Even if u have all the knowledge in the universe there are limitations your creator placed on you that only he can remove.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by israelmao(m): 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
lexy2014:
No I haven't.
We'll talk about it later,I have been out for quite awhile.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Babysho(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

Up to now I've never seen any breakthrough Chinese innovation thats really relevant and improved lives(I challenge u to name one)
Only knock offs and useless inventions like this robot and other weird tech items which definitely dies in one year time

#Spits

Why not edit your comment and apologize for it. Think of the possibilities. There are some errors that newscasters make, making racist comments and also vocabulary errors etc. These can be easily avoided.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
Chuksomenia:

Oga you Don forget say Samsung na Chinese company? And Samsung alone has done uncountable innovations. Almost all hardware the US use is produced in China. including iPhone hardware
And where do u think Samsung headquarters is located?
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Babysho:

Why not edit your comment and apologize for it. Think of the possibilities. There are some errors that newscasters make, making racist comments and also vocabulary errors etc. These can be easily avoided.
Guy to be honest, this robot news caster is not innovative, even if we are in a Third World country and produce nothing doesn't mean we should appreciate every rubbish. This is same as sex doll dead on arrival.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by omojeesu(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

What's your opinion on this?

"the Church was slow to accept Revelation as scripture." 1 Origen, an early Christian theologian, used the term antilegomena to describe those books whose inclusion in the official canon of the Bible was actively disputed. In the fourth century CE, when the canon of the Bible was assembled from among the approximately 50 gospels and hundreds of epistles then in use by the Christian movement, Revelation was only reluctantly included. "To this day, Orthodox churches do not use Revelation for scripture readings during worship." 1 

Martin Luther downgraded the significance of Revelation. It portrays God as inflicting horrendous punishments on humanity -- a concept that is today sometimes called "Ambush Theology." Luther concluded that he could not readily harmonize the God described in Revelation with the God to whom Jesus prayed to as Abba. When Luther translated the Bible into the German language, he downgraded Revelation by relegating it to an appendix.
Omojeesu

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spirituality/587741-book-revelation-almost-didnt-get-into-2.html#ixzz5WSvJx2df

The Church has benefited from progressive knowledge of the Scripture. At appropriate times God gave understanding and conferred acceptance of His word to newer generations.

Also each man of God understood and presented the word to the extent of the light he had from the Holy Spirit in his generation.

Note:

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, SHUT UP THE WORDS, and SEAL THE BOOK, EVEN TO THE TIME OF THE END: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Thus people lacked adequate insight because of this. Later the seal was removed for the Church and revelation came at appropriate times.

Revelation 22:10

And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT THE SAYINGS of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The Holy Spirit supervised the collection, examination and inclusion of Books forming the Canon of the Scripture.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 2:45am On Nov 11, 2018
omojeesu:

The Church has benefited from progressive knowledge of the Scripture. At appropriate times God gave understanding and conferred acceptance of His word to newer generations.

Also each man of God understood and presented the word to the extent of the light he had from the Holy Spirit in his generation.

Note:

Daniel 12:4

But thou, O Daniel, SHUT UP THE WORDS, and SEAL THE BOOK, EVEN TO THE TIME OF THE END: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Thus people lacked adequate insight because of this. Later the seal was removed for the Church and revelation came at appropriate times.

Revelation 22:10

And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT THE SAYINGS of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The Holy Spirit supervised the collection, examination and inclusion of Books forming the Canon of the Scripture.

Thanks for your cerebral response.
BTW @bolded, the NT is full of "for the time is at hand." Well it is 2000 years later...
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by omojeesu(m): 5:04am On Nov 11, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Thanks for your cerebral response.
BTW @bolded, the NT is full of "for the time is at hand." Well it is 2000 years later...

The time of Christ's return indeed is at hand. The signs are all around us!

May we be ready to receive Him when He finally returns.

Happy Sunday & blessed week ahead, you and yours!
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 5:13am On Nov 11, 2018
omojeesu:

U too. Ciao!
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by lexy2014: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2018
israelmao:

We'll talk about it later,I have been out for quite awhile.
Take ur time
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by lexy2014: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2018
tmtech:

USA too spy on Russia , kidnapped lunik to perfect dia space lauch program...
True
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by HallaDaTruth: 11:59am On Nov 11, 2018
SKhanmi:

Hmmm,come to think of it,I just saw that quote in a different light(If we went back to biblical times & saw a robot in a vision? How will we describe it THEN,more likely a STATUE(created,moulded*ROBOT). Or an helicopter? A chariot with .....?

It's quite enlightening after having broadened your spectrum of knowledge,you go back to your Qur'an or Bible and read again, A lot more info will spring out at you. These books contain a lot of codes that would never be deciphered by an average worshipper that refuses to SEEK.

Tidbit: Many people didn't know Esau was beheaded at Jacobs burial by a deaf cousin. Remember where their mother lamented about having to lose them both in a day? Placed out of context by the Bible editors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtGUJOmWUm0
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by HallaDaTruth: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
omojeesu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtGUJOmWUm0
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by israelmao(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
lexy2014:

Take ur time

David K. Murray,the author of the book titled:Borrowing Brilliance says,Ideas are constructed out of other ideas,there are no truly original thoughts,you can't make something out of nothing,you have to make it out of something else.
Ideas are born of other ideas,built ON and OUT of the ideas that came before.
This book exposed the histories about how Bill Gates and Allen,Steve Jobs,Einstein and others that came before them came about their inventions.
Albert Einstein as quoted by the author of that book has this to say,The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your SOURCES.
Just get yourself a copy.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by ameh99: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

#Spits

It is either you under informed or never informed...

China is the capital of technology today......go and check...

If you don't know that........then you know nothing..
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by anonymous1759(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
charliboy654:

Guy shut up and stop saying what u don't know, China cut production cost with cheap labour and not robots, these phones and electronics we use are designe in us and Europe then taken to China to manufacture because of cheap labor.

What makes the labour cheap?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed By My Friends In Ikorodu (Photos) / See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) / Airtel Introduces #300 For 1gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.