Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) (37809 Views)

Iran Unveils World’s First ‘air Defense Boat’ - Photos / Meet Alex, The New AI Robot Designed To Give Full Body Massage. (PHOTOS) / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2018
Arabique:
gunpowder, paper and awhile of the medicines that saves your life were invented in China.. left to the west Nigeria will not have a single manufacturing industries but most of the machineries and production lines in our factories are Chinese invented... You guys should think deep first before commenting

We are talking of computer age inventions, not paper and fire, which are of doubtful origins.
You mean Chinese-made (not invented) because that's what we can afford because it is cheap and inferior and made with near slave labour.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Arabique: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

We are talking of computer age inventions, not paper and fire, which are of doubtful origins.
You mean Chinese-made (not invented) because that's what we can afford because it is cheap and inferior and made with near slave labour.
so let me know when you can afford something better. In the mean time you can take advantage of Google and enlighten yourself...

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by naijacentric(m): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

Chinese are masters in making useless inventions
Up to now I've never seen any breakthrough Chinese innovation thats really relevant and improved lives(I challenge u to name one)
Only knock offs and useless inventions like this robot and other weird tech items which definitely dies in one year time

#Spits
double mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by lexy2014: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2018
israelmao:

Have you come across or read these books? 1.The Little Book of Plagiarism
2.Borrowing Brilliance
No I haven't.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by sparkle6(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2018
egopersonified:
I don't really believe in robots taking human jobs, it's most likely the types of jobs would change. If there would be less human presenters, then there would be more engineers, editors, writers, technicians, make up artists, fashion designers, hair stylists, etc to keep the robots running. It would basically mean changing career paths. solution? never stop learning.
Thats why there is Machine learning. Robots that can think for themselves based on gathered statistical data.
You dont need to update txt files for the robot, it kind of thinks for itself.
Tho its still a milestone far from reach to make robots that behaves 99% human.
Or maybe more intelligent than the average human. They will definitely take human jobs. And then start creating child robots for themselves.
You will hear something like- My name is sophia botlady and this is my child Johnny botlady, created 12th November 3018.
The jobs wont shift either, robots are already being heavily used in robotic labs, so human help is redundant owing to the fact that humans got complicated feelings and robots dont.
All that is needed is a robot with 100% human-like learning abilities and watch the world being taken over by robot.

3 Likes

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2018
Sometimes i wonder how some people drop their comments. You use data to browse on Nairaland, but thesame data cannot do a little research on google before coming to drop your baseless and useless point to counter whom ever u are quoting.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Anonymous4: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

Up to now I've never seen any breakthrough Chinese innovation thats really relevant and improved lives(I challenge u to name one)
Only knock offs and useless inventions like this robot and other weird tech items which definitely dies in one year time

#Spits

Please let this your comment dies here.. Don't go and disgrace we Nigerians outside abeg.. Let ur illiteracy lives within u
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by jeff1607(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2018
gare:
Why are this guys working so hard to see that Humans are out of Jobs, instead of putting that efforts in solving problems, I dont see how Robost to work in place of man is now a challenge.

We have issues that needs urgent attention, Like HiV/Aids, Ebola, malaria, and the rest of them, they should work on that and bring results, as far as i am concerned this is a minus for me, because this has render on family jobless and hungry

you might not agree with me but the earth is at the edge of going extinct, we 've less food air and animals now pollution is the order of the day. ice caps are melting, global warming. not praying for everyone to die o but those stuff you mentioned put humans in check. imagine if humans were immortal the earth would become a waste land.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by butterflyeffect4(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2018
The hard truth is that sooner the robots will take key jobs in our economy and we will be left with a less paying jobs. We should be able to position our minds to think of solutions like learning programs that controls the robots. Like it or not, the world is going digital and only the smart ones lives happy in it.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by teufelein(f): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:

You're the one not using ur brain. Why don't you show me the useful inventions they did. You're worthless if not I would've brought forward 100 useless ones they did
You're very Very stupid and worthless
I refuse to be foolish. The weird news robot is useless, I repeat myself

you're not a learned mind...a typical black monkey from black nation. read and learn! no offence meant!

Innovation is a primary source of a national power. A country’s ability to develop new products or methods of production enables it to produce goods desired by others. In turn, innovation creates wealth, leads to new technology, and fosters further innovation through the development of derivative products. When measuring China’s growing international influence, it is essential to consider sources of Chinese innovation.

One way to measure innovation is through intellectual property (IP) protection in the form of patents. Patents secure exclusive rights to an invention, and thereby offer insight into key areas of innovation. This question assesses the relationship between patents and innovation by exploring trends in patent applications by Chinese inventors at various patent offices, examining the recent surge in domestic patent applications in China, and considering the relative value of patents in terms of the frequency of citations.
Why do patent families matter when comparing countries?

In 2014, China’s State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) processed 34.6 percent of all patent applications in the world. With over 920,000 total applications, China processed 160 percent more application than the United States and 285 percent more applications than Japan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by HallaDaTruth: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2018
THIS IS NOT INNOVATION, THIS IS DOOM FOR MANKIND . IF ROBOTS TAKE OVER EVERYTHING WE DO , WHT BECOMES OF HUMANITY . WHAT MAN IS CELEBRATING TODAY MIGHT RUIN MAN TOMORROW .

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Horus(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4JSd9ocoqs

What if Robots Took Over The World?

What would happen to the planet if AI managed to eradicate humans and take over?

HallaDaTruth:
THIS IS NOT INNOVATION, THIS IS DOOM FOR MANKIND . IF ROBOTS TAKE OVER EVERYTHING WE DO , WHT BECOMES OF HUMANITY . WHAT MAN IS CELEBRATING TODAY MIGHT RUIN MAN TOMORROW .
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by tmtech: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

china made the fastest super computer before USA overtook them last year... USA too spied on ussr on space program (kidnapping of lunik) even on nucler program. thats y they keep upgrading. there is no way u wont spy on other nations tech to build and improve ur own....

if u think china is only good at making inferior tech, den u prolly don't know china at all... Google foxxcon and other tech Giants in China...
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Shaev7(m): 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
delugajackson:

Third world comment. You have spoken like the typical third world illiterate that you are. Which technological innovation has Nigeria successfully made and unveiled? Why not appreciate what is good? People like you are the singular reason why the Whites look down on Africans as monkeys and irrelevant people.
Please speak to his brain deeply. What an unintelligent statement.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Chuksomenia:

Oga you Don forget say Samsung na Chinese company? And Samsung alone has done uncountable innovations. Almost all hardware the US use is produced in China. including iPhone hardware

Samsung is a Korean company
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
teufelein:

you're not a learned mind...a typical black monkey from black nation. read and learn! no offence meant!

Innovation is a primary source of a national power. A country’s ability to develop new products or methods of production enables it to produce goods desired by others. In turn, innovation creates wealth, leads to new technology, and fosters further innovation through the development of derivative products. When measuring China’s growing international influence, it is essential to consider sources of Chinese innovation.

One way to measure innovation is through intellectual property (IP) protection in the form of patents. Patents secure exclusive rights to an invention, and thereby offer insight into key areas of innovation. This question assesses the relationship between patents and innovation by exploring trends in patent applications by Chinese inventors at various patent offices, examining the recent surge in domestic patent applications in China, and considering the relative value of patents in terms of the frequency of citations.
Why do patent families matter when comparing countries?

In 2014, China’s State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) processed 34.6 percent of all patent applications in the world. With over 920,000 total applications, China processed 160 percent more application than the United States and 285 percent more applications than Japan.

You're stupid and empty brained (offense meant) You see. The thing is you can't confuse me with long essays. These people will steal your technology and make millions, sue them and they'll win anyway. Just tell me one breakthrough invention they did. 1billion patents doesn't change the fact that they're pirated brats
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
Shaev7:

Please speak to his brain deeply. What an unintelligent statement.

What an idiot individual are you?
Intelligent people are those that appreciate rubbish?
Well I wont.
The fact remains, CHINESE ARE KINGS OF RUBBISH, TIME WASTING AND SCAMMING INVENTIONS

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
Anonymous4:

Please let this your comment dies here.. Don't go and disgrace we Nigerians outside abeg.. Let ur illiteracy lives within u
You want me to keep quiet and let them spray me with nonsense in the name of intelligence? You're the illiterate here, the greatest minds were built through facing reality and criticism
I won't follow the waves, just to be among the most. I must stand out, say what I believe
I believe this commends much more respect that an idiot like yourself who has no opinion and smiles at every rubbish at him
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
endoski:
who gave birth to you? You’re such a wasted product

I believe your alcoholic father is the worst father in this planet for he gave birth to an idiot and worthless person

#Spits
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by chccho(m): 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
delugajackson:

Third world comment. You have spoken like the typical third world illiterate that you are. Which technological innovation has Nigeria successfully made and unveiled? Why not appreciate what is good? People like you are the singular reason why the Whites look down on Africans as monkeys and irrelevant people.

Chai!!! This is what I call "FINISHING"
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Shaev7(m): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:

What an idiot individual are you?
Intelligent people are those that appreciate rubbish?
Well I wont.
The fact remains, CHINESE ARE KINGS OF RUBBISH, TIME WASTING AND SCAMMING INVENTIONS
If anyone should say that not you but USA and other developed countries. someone that invents technologies and someone that imports are they the same?
You now see that you're the IDIOT here.
I wish you know what's crumbling our economy.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by uvie66: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

What thrash, where do we get techno and iphones from
#Spits
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by Mcy56(f): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
charliboy654:
China cut production cost with cheap labour and not robots, these phones and electronics we use are designe in us and Europe then taken to China to manufacture because of cheap labor.
Well said.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by zoghys: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

#Spits

What have you been smoking lad. China is the second largest economy in the world, and they stand toe to toe with USA in innovation. Do your research, before you type your comment, it will really save you and the whole lot from such unguarded comment.
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by yashman: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:
Rubbish invention.

#Spits
This guy is high on something which is not yet discovered

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2018
tmtech:

china made the fastest super computer before USA overtook them last year... USA too spied on ussr on space program (kidnapping of lunik) even on nucler program. thats y they keep upgrading. there is no way u wont spy on other nations tech to build and improve ur own....

if u think china is only good at making inferior tech, den u prolly don't know china at all... Google foxxcon and other tech Giants in China...

Unbelievable that someone is actually comparing US and China when it comes to piracy, making inferior quality of established brand names, and stealing technology!

American manufacturers many times sell one of their machines to a Chinese company — and then it’s the only one they ever sell! The Chinese copy the new machine they buy, then produce cheaper but inferior versions of it. Microsoft for many years complained of the piracy of their intellectual property in China.
Four times the population of USA, CHINA IS A THIRD-WORLD COUNTRY in most aspects.
The country is shrouded in secrecy, with neither a free press nor transparent legal system, which is why no one is prosecuted for piracy and faking. And why do u think things like HARVESTING OF PRISONER'S ORGANS, selective abortions, even mixing human flesh in ground meat, and other barbaric acts are so rampant?
Look, China simply does not enjoy the basic societal and individual freedoms that have always been instrumental in creating advanced technology, investing in new technology, and protection of intellectual property. Wherever the Chinese go, wayo and fakery follow!
Servercodes001
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by immaculate1234(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:

You're the one not using ur brain. Why don't you show me the useful inventions they did. You're worthless if not I would've brought forward 100 useless ones they did
You're very Very stupid and worthless
I refuse to be foolish. The weird news robot is useless, I repeat myself

E don reach for u to shut up idiat
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by SKhanmi: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
omojeesu:

Exactly!

Revelation 13:15 New Living Translation (NLT)

15 He was then permitted TO GIVE LIFE TO THIS STATUE SO THAT IT COULD SPEAK. Then the statue of the beast commanded that anyone refusing to worship it must die.

New Living Translation (NLT)

Hmmm,come to think of it,I just saw that quote in a different light(If we went back to biblical times & saw a robot in a vision? How will we describe it THEN,more likely a STATUE(created,moulded*ROBOT). Or an helicopter? A chariot with .....?

It's quite enlightening after having broadened your spectrum of knowledge,you go back to your Qur'an or Bible and read again, A lot more info will spring out at you. These books contain a lot of codes that would never be deciphered by an average worshipper that refuses to SEEK.

Tidbit: Many people didn't know Esau was beheaded at Jacobs burial by a deaf cousin. Remember where their mother lamented about having to lose them both in a day? Placed out of context by the Bible editors
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Unbelievable that someone is actually comparing US and China when it comes to piracy, making inferior quality of established brand names, and stealing technology!

American manufacturers many times sell one of their machines to a Chinese company — and then it’s the only one they ever sell! The Chinese copy the new machine they buy, then produce cheaper but inferior versions of it. Microsoft for many years complained of the piracy of their intellectual property in China.
Four times the population of USA, CHINA IS A THIRD-WORLD COUNTRY in most aspects.
The country is shrouded in secrecy, with neither a free press nor transparent legal system, which is why no one is prosecuted for piracy and faking. And why do u think things like HARVESTING OF PRISONER'S ORGANS, selective abortions, even mixing human flesh in ground meat, and other barbaric acts are so rampant?
Look, China simply does not enjoy the basic societal and individual freedoms that have always been instrumental in creating advanced technology, investing in new technology, and protection of intellectual property. Wherever the Chinese go, wayo and fakery follow!
Servercodes001

Thank you so much!! More than 400million Chinese people earn not more than $2usd every day. There are more poor people in China than the entire west Africa The thing is most people are too stupid, dull, and just follow the waves
From the elevated bus to in-street train, restaurant serving robots and countless more of such nonsense was brought by the Chinese and its purpose is to get sponsorship, and when that's done, the project dies!!, I'm very sure this nonsense inventions didn't make it to news in developed countries. Only in dull countries like Nigeria. I spent 6yrs in China so I will never divert from the fact that this people are scammers.
They love people like this idiots in nairaland supporting their nonsense so they keep brainwashing and storming our countries with pirated and substandard products.

China is a joke. When the Americans are processing how to live in another planet, they're creating news robots which we any right thinking person knows can't replace people, news requires human intelligence (hit) which no matter what machines can't replace

I weep for Nigeria
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by servercodes001: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
zoghys:

What have you been smoking lad. China is the second largest economy in the world, and they stand toe to toe with USA in innovation. Do your research, before you type your comment, it will really save you and the whole lot from such unguarded comment.

Second largest economy, you're just publicly shouting how illiterate and deceived you are.
Just as Nigerias economic figures are as fake as Nicki Minaj so is Chinese economic claims
Please visit China and your eyes will convince you
Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
servercodes001:

Thank you so much!! More than 400million Chinese people earn not more than $2usd every day. There are more poor people in China than the entire west Africa The thing is most people are too stupid, dull, and just follow the waves
From the elevated bus to in-street train, restaurant serving robots and countless more of such nonsense was brought by the Chinese and its purpose is to get sponsorship, and when that's done, the project dies!!, I'm very sure this nonsense inventions didn't make it to news in developed countries. Only in dull countries like Nigeria. I spent 6yrs in China so I will never divert from the fact that this people are scammers.
They love people like this idiots in nairaland supporting their nonsense so they keep brainwashing and storming our countries with pirated and substandard products.

China is a joke. When the Americans are processing how to live in another planet, they're creating news robots which we any right thinking person knows can't replace people, news requires human intelligence (hit) which no matter what machines can't replace

I weep for Nigeria

Very well said, by someone who was actually there. U really spent 6 years in China?! Bros, u try.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) by WetinConsignMe: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
SKhanmi:

Hmmm,come to think of it,I just saw that quote in a different light(If we went back to biblical times & saw a robot in a vision? How will we describe it THEN,more likely a STATUE(created,moulded*ROBOT). Or an helicopter? A chariot with .....?

It's quite enlightening after having broadened your spectrum of knowledge,you go back to your Qur'an or Bible and read again, A lot more info will spring out at you. These books contain a lot of codes that would never be deciphered by an average worshipper that refuses to SEEK.

Tidbit: Many people didn't know Esau was beheaded at Jacobs burial by a deaf cousin. Remember where their mother lamented about having to lose them both in a day? Placed out of context by the Bible editors

Where is your proof of this?

According to the bible, Esau was richer and had more people than Jacob to the end of their lives. He even could have wiped out Jacob when they met in the dessert, but spared him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed By My Friends In Ikorodu (Photos) / Airtel Introduces #300 For 1gb / See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.