Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,642 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! (2536 Views)

Plunderers Will Vomit Loot Says Buhari In February 1984(pic) / Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by wales(m): 6:11am On Jul 23, 2010
Former head of state and presidential aspirant of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari has warned Nigerians to beware of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), saying the party is worse than kidnappers.

Speaking with a group of select journalists in Kontagora, Niger State, the former leader wondered why Nigerians were just waking up to the issue of kidnapping in Nigeria when the four journalists were kidnapped.

“I thank God for the journalists, and commend the police for effecting their release. But the truth is even the PDP government in the country is worse than kidnappers, and unless Nigerians stand firm against the kidnapping of their votes, the party will continue to rig itself into office.

“You can only do this by policing your votes from the polling booth up to the venue where the results are finally announced”, Buhari said, urging his supporters to emulate the people of Bauchi, Kano and Lagos states in the defence their votes. “In these three states, the people remained resolute in the defence of their votes and that is why it was impossible for the PDP to rig in those three states,” he said.

Buhari said he was in Kontagora to open the office of his party in the town, “but see what it has turned into now, you can imagine when the INEC gives the go ahead and I come here for campaign,” Buhari said in apparent reference to the large crowd that graced the ceremony. The former military leader was also in Minna where he opened the state secretariat of his party before leaving for Abuja later in the day.

In another development, the former head of state, urged the Federal Government to as a matter of urgency effect the release of Major Hamza Al Mustapha, the Chief Security Officer to the late General Sani Abacha who has been in detention since 1998. Buhari in an interview with journalists in Kontagora said 12 years was too long a time to try an offender, pointing out that the long period had removed all elements of justice from the trial.

Similarly, former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida had called on the Federal Government to show compassion and release Major Al Mustapha, “I am joining thousands of other Nigerians to plead that he be released. Though one has been working behind the scene to secure his release. I know the boy and I know his family. Quite a lot o people depend on him.

“I am not saying this because I want his vote, but because it is not fair to deny a family their breadwinner. 12 years is a long time. He should be released,” IBB said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/july/23/newsbreak-23-07-2010-001.htm

Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by abbey4ril: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2010
true talk, seconded.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by vinmol: 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
see your neck like ostrich! are u better? as former head of state what was your contribution? NOTHING! u thing we do not know?

wat of Kudirat that was killed and all the breadwinners Al Mustapha masterminded their killings? will you go tot he grave to wake them up?

please you can not get Nigerians with this your sentimental talk, if u get chance for PDP (Phanthoms deceiving People) you sef go enter, so BUHARI SHUT THE F***** up!
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by kaiosama(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
political talk.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by kaiosama(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
buhari, u no go win jor!!. ur bad motive no go mature this time. abeg go siddon jare!!
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by baslone: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
All y'all talking beef yarns! There's nothing untrue about the 2 points he made?

PDP is worse than Kidnappers!!

Al-Mustapha's prosecution has turned to persecution!!

So what's your point? Cause y'all don't like a man doesn't mean he ain't making sense.

Abegiiii!
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by kaiosama(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
@baslone
shee, na ur uncle abi? una don fail again.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by baslone: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
EH eh eH EH!!!

U make me laff like Da'grin!! tongue
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by babaowo: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
naira lander unah don start?
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by naso2(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2010
Yes you(Buhari) are the best person to recognise kidnap when you see it. Afterall you arranged as head of state, the kidnap of Umaru dikko from london.

bravo
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by canuck(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2010
na_so:

Yes you(Buhari) are the best person to recognise kidnap when you see it. Afterall you arranged as head of state, the kidnap of Umaru dikko from london.

bravo

Hahahahahahaaaa. . .Buhari solicited Israel's formidable intelligence agancy, Mossad, who kidnapped Umaru Dikko in London, drugged him, crated him and air freighted him to Naija!  cheesy

True-true, Buhari should know.  cheesy
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by sizzlers(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2010
see who is talking, he lacks sanity
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by 1988: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
abeg mallam buhari na by force to rule. pls do this country a favor and enjoy retirement.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by sley4life(m): 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
we know.uve got a degree in contesting election in 9ja. u'l do same come 2015
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Drunk: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
1988:

abeg mallam buhari na by force to rule. pls do this country a favor and enjoy retirement.
Not when PTDF money he stole kept is still sustaining his election campaigns. They would all seduce the intelligence of Nigerians to get to their ultimate goal
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by baslone: 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
Drunk:

[b]Not when PTDF money he stole kep[/b]t is still sustaining his election campaigns. They would all seduce the intelligence of Nigerians to get to their ultimate goal

Haaaaaaaa!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Acidosis(m): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2010
1988:

Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by estatemark(m): 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2010
wink
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2010
Buhari is tried and tested leader who proved himself to be fiercely anti-corruption, until his tenure was truncated by the crooked IBB after less than 2years.

As corruption is our main problem we could do a lot worse than to have Buhari as leader.

He attempted kidnap Umaru Dikko from London, because Mr Dikko has stolen $3Billion from our national  treasury and despite  Nigeria's requests to extradite him, the British government refused.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/barticles/buhari_and_idiagbon_a_missed_opp.htm

na_so:

bravo
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
When did buhari became a true democrat ? He lacks everything to say anything about pdp. . . Only God know maybe he would have conduct another coup if not for his retirement from the army.big foool
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by megastu(m): 6:33am On Jul 24, 2010
Buhari is the best president Nigeria will never have again.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by JUO(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2010
he needs recognition and this is the only
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by akyus(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2010
@ GenBuhari, I agree with you that corruption is our major problem and we know very well that Buhari will  fight corruption without protecting any selfish agenda. But we are blindfolded by religion, tribal and and some personal issues. We should major on our similarities and minor on our differences if we truely want to progress. I am not saying Buhari is perfect but if God can use Moses who was a murderer to deliver Isreal. Then he can use Buhari to at least to fight corruption.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Vainglory: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2010
Agreed. Buhari has the pedigree to fight Indicipline and Corruption in Nigeria. But the man shot himself in the leg when he turned jihadist. I even heard he asked northern moslems never to vote for any christian. That is not the kind of leader we need now.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Gbawe: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

When did buhari became a true democrat ? He lacks everything to say anything about pdp. . . Only God know maybe he would have conduct another coup if not for his retirement from the army.big foool

Please let us "give unto Ceaser what belongs to Ceasar" . Buhari may not be my choice for President but I will not deny what is obvious.

Buhari , especially in times of National trouble  , has , in recent memory , acted far more like a democrat and a true Statesman than most who are trying to lead Nigeria to include Jonathan, IBB and Atiku.

Who does not remember how Buhari , on two occasions, urged his supporters to shun violence and instead assist him to pursue his election loss against OBJ and Yar Adua through the judicial system?

Buhari is one of the Northern leaders who began the fragmentation of the revered Northern Unity with his progressive and democratic actions. He refused the pleas of virtually the entire North to drop his election petition against "his younger Brother (Yar Adua) " so that the North can enjoy a "united Presidency". Buhari simply told them that Nigeria is bigger than the North and that her interest must be placed above ethnic sentiments.

When the Yar Adua cabal held the country hostage lately was Buhari not one of the first Prominent Northerner , along with Balarabe Musa, to demand publicy that power be transfered to jonathan immediately while cowards and opportunists like IBB and Atiku remained silent with the nation heading towards the abyss?

Was Buhari , recently , also not one of the first high-profile Northerner to publicly implore Nigerians to reject zoning so that Jonathan can run as a Presidential candidate with Atiku and IBB insisting on zoning ?

There is far more but I think the picture is clear. It is unfair to keep Judging Buhari based on his past when his most recent actions , especially when he had nothing to gain and much to lose , has shown that perhaps the man is now a true democrat and a gentleman. Buhari , lately , is always speaking/standing up for what is right even if , in doing so , he goes against what most Northerners want.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by vinmol: 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2010
kudos to all buhari faithfuls o!

say all u want to say, my take is this, this buhari and his cohorts has been ruling long before i was born now am old enough to rule,
my point is, we need fresh blood and fresh ideas, let these old cargos allow the new generation to rule and lead in their time!

BUHARI TIME DON PASS!!!
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by boombell: 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Vinmol

Please where are the new generation,have you forgotten new generation leader Dimeji Bank-ole?
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2010
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by truly: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2010
vinmol:

see your neck like ostrich!  are u better? as former head of state what was your contribution? NOTHING! u thing we do not know?

wat of Kudirat that was killed and all the breadwinners Al Mustapha masterminded their killings? will you go tot he grave to wake them up?

please you can not get Nigerians with this your sentimental talk, if u get chance for PDP (Phanthoms deceiving People) you sef go enter, so BUHARI SHUT THE F***** up!
I still feel bad about Kudirat's death - anybody with any sense of justice should
But what the man is saying is conclude the case - either for or against Al Mustapha
In the US, many people lost their fortune (and some eventually their life) because of the Madoff swindle
But we know that Madoff case has been concluded - so cause of justice is served

na_so:

bravo

Dikko is a northern muslim like Buhari, but he still went after him because of his corruption
I have no problem with that
Read history - the situation at the time necessitated that
It was a decision that Nigerians overwhelmingly supported
Drunk:

Not when PTDF money he stole kept is still sustaining his election campaigns. They would all seduce the intelligence of Nigerians to get to their ultimate goal
The relationship between Obj and Buhari is now such that  if Buhari had stolen PTDF money, Obj would have nearly hung him
Obj would have used EFCC to stop him from contesting either in 2003 and 2007
~Bluetooth:

It is easy to see Buhari as simply a coup planner
But if you listen to people who were around - people were fed up with NPN in 1983
Remember that the man struck after a shameful election, not before
Don't forget that Nigerians still mutter about the Rawlings solution even in present day Nigeria
Obj was originally a product of a coup
Vainglory:

Agreed. Buhari has the pedigree to fight Indicipline and Corruption in Nigeria. But the man shot himself in the leg when he turned jihadist. I even heard he asked northern moslems never to vote for any christian. That is not the kind of leader we need now. 
can you prove this?
And did he work with southerners as a president - remember that Tam David West was his Minister of Petroleum - not Rilwan Lukman
Did he allow professionals to work with him?

There is nobody without blame
I really feel that Nigeria needs to empower a leader who has a mind of his own and is truly anti-corruption

When you say Buhari is a jihadist, remember that he used to adore Obj
but somehow things went awry between them - what happened
Please google the interview he granted to Sun

My view is that we may look back several years from now and  regret missing an opportunity because
we were looking for a saint

As we can see from other posts on NL, even the religious leaders are not saints
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by truly: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2010
vinmol:

kudos to all buhari faithfuls o!

say all u want to say, my take is this, this buhari and his cohorts has been ruling long before i was born now am old enough to rule,
my point is, we need fresh blood and fresh ideas, let these old cargos allow the new generation to rule and lead in their time!

BUHARI TIME DON PASS!!!
So it is the time of Dino Melaye, Etteh, Bankole, Ibori, Lucky Igbinedion, Fayose
Ohakim - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-484232.96.html

These younger guys are even worse
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2010
This man is turning into a political liability.

When does a man realise that his time has passed and call it quits.
Re: Pdp Worse Than Kidnappers, Says Buhari ! by 3seriez(m): 1:09am On Jul 26, 2010
So many dumb comments in this thread about buhari, I am still yet to see a presidential aspirant as clean as buhari. Has anyone come out to say he has money in a foreign account somewhere or that he stole billions? for 4 years ,obasanjo probed PTF trying to find something against buhari when he headed that agency but couldnt find anything against the man. And is it not this young generation that let us know billions n billions can be stolen. Umaru Dikko, that man stole too much money and certainly deserved what he got. But Nigerians are not ready for buhari. He is just too clean for us.  So its business as usual,  grin

Vainglory:

Ah! Can you verify your source,  That was an allegation cooked up by the PDP leading to the 2003 elections. You know now, religion is a sensitive spot used to cow nigerians. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Wins In Kwara State / Questions To Expect During Interviews For Confidential Secretary Positions / Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.