Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,383 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! (22815 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / What Factors Should A Family Consider When Hiring A Househelp? / In Need Of A Househelp Agency(or House Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
omotofine:
@Poster, when i had my baby about 5 years ago, i brought in someone from nigeria. i got a domestic visa for her, don't know if it still exists though. All you have to prove is that she has been employed by your family for the past 2 years or 6 months, i really cant remember. I said she was working with my mum in nigeria, you have to have a contract of employment showing her salary.
The visa was granted for two years after which she applied for leave to remain.
I brought in an older woman, in her early sixties and she was very good, took care of my first and second babies very well and even though, i have heard stories of people that were not so lucky, i just thank God for her.
On the other hand, theres a nigerian domestic help agency in catford, i think its called tofun, i can give u their number if you want, they send someone to stay with you from sunday night to friday evening and u pay them £150 weekly, some that used them have been lucky and others not so lucky, but i just think it all depends on the individual and how you treat them.
Yes Domestic visa category still exists as at today but is a pain and am not sure i want to go that route for.Please this Tofun can i have their contact details asap.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2022
luap:
U need househelp from Nigeria? Sure go import a fine young sxy woman for the husband. See what happens.
That’s not very productive and not every man has wandering eyes.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Harira: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
I am interested
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Harira: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
I am interested, you can reach out to me @saiduharira5@gmail.com

Tutu82:
This thread is a few years old but am interested as am after some help.
Hi,

I live in London and recently welcomed a set of Triplets.I intend to stay at home for two years to tend to the babies but would need some help i.e a live in Nanny to join me and cook,clean and care for the babies with me.

I would provide accomodation,feeding,Sundays off and £600 (£1-750 that’s 450,000 monthly if you would rather be paid in Naira).

I have also considered bringing a nanny/househelp from Nigeria to look after my baby and learn the ropes but Domestic visas is a pain and young girls come here to disappear.I don’t want to have any issues so not facilitating visas.

Please contact me if you live in London or looking for this sort of Job role.If anyone knows any agency details am open to the information too.Not bothered about religion but would prefer an African as would like babies to learn culture and manners.Must be Female and above 21years of age.

Thank you.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 12, 2022
Harira:
I am interested
Do you already live in London?.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by stancod(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2022
Gogomannie:
Hi,

I am a London based Nigerian and recently had a baby. With day care being so expensive in London i've found that most of my salary would go on paying nursery fees for my child. In other words, i might as well stay at home and look after the baby myself. My husband works but it would be nice to have some income coming in from my end. As a result, i have considered bringing a nanny/househelp from Nigeria to look after my baby whilst I go back to work, (as a cheaper and more convenient option- Obviously, i plan to give the help a good life here and occasional trips to Nija to see her family!).

Has anyone on here done this? I've occasionally seen Nigerians settling with house helps here calling them cousins, or one relative or another. What are the tricks of the game? any advice would be really helpful. Obviously, i know of the risks i.e running away, social services e.t.c but are there success stories? how would they move from visit visa to permanent residency? I'd be most grateful for your views.

Thanks
Good day ma
Pls if you are still in need of the house help I know of someone that I can recommend.
Every necessary information about the person will be provided.
Thanks
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by stancod(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2022
Tutu82:
Hi,

I live in London and recently welcomed a set of Triplets.I intend to stay at home for two years to tend to the babies but would need some help i.e a live in Nanny to join me and cook,clean and care for the babies with me.

I would provide accomodation,feeding,Sundays off and £600 (£1-750 that’s 450,000 monthly if you would rather be paid in Naira).

I have also considered bringing a nanny/househelp from Nigeria to look after my baby and learn the ropes but Domestic visas is a pain and young girls come here to disappear.I don’t want to have any issues so not facilitating visas.

Please contact me if you live in London or looking for this sort of Job role.If anyone knows any agency details am open to the information too.Not bothered about religion but would prefer an African as would like babies to learn culture and manners.Must be Female and above 21years of age.

Thank you.
Good day ma
Pls if you are still in need of the house help I know of someone that I can recommend.
Thanks
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by stancod(m): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2022
pharuk:
Guessing it worked for you?
We are in need of a nanny and we are somewhere in Essex.
Issue is that this visa is just for 6 months, we need someone for a minimum of 1 year.

doing this every 6 months is really putting me off

Good day ma
Thanks
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by stancod(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2022
Tutu82:
I know am asking 7years too late but if you still have the domestic help agency in catford number and/or address am interested.My sister has two kids 7/3 and are desperate.Iv got to work so can’t help as much weekdays.
Good day ma
Thanks
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by melodynk01(f): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Tutu82:
Hi,

Thank you.
Good day ma.
Although I stay in Nigeria, I am very much interested in this role.
Can I send you a mail?
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2022
melodynk01:

Good day ma.
Although I stay in Nigeria, I am very much interested in this role.
Can I send you a mail?
Thank you for the reply but ild rather someone
In London already so no need to contact me.
((I have also considered bringing a nanny/househelp from Nigeria to look after my baby and learn the ropes but Domestic visas is a pain and young girls come here to disappear.I don’t want to have any issues so not facilitating visas.))
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2022
stancod:

Good day ma
Thanks
Is she in London already?.If yes am happy to discuss with her not a third party.Thank you.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by melodynk01(f): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2022
Tutu82:

Thank you for the reply but ild rather someone
In London already so no need to contact me.
((I have also considered bringing a nanny/househelp from Nigeria to look after my baby and learn the ropes but Domestic visas is a pain and young girls come here to disappear.I don’t want to have any issues so not facilitating visas.))
Alright ma, I very well understand.
It's no problem.
I appreciate your response.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by stancod(m): 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2022
Tutu82:

Is she in London already?.If yes am happy to discuss with her not a third party.Thank you.
No she is not in London but if you want to speak to her I can give you her contact.
But I guarantee you she is of good attitude
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
stancod:

No she is not in London but if you want to speak to her I can give you her contact.
But I guarantee you she is of good attitude
Ild rather someone in London already as don’t want to go through visa stress.Thank you.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2023
Bim4u:
@OP

I've just contacted her and she's like a big sis to me
I've told her u're my friend and i do hope u're a very goo person

She stays in Thamesmead and she was only concerned regarding the distance if you alright with that.

I'ill send her number to your mail box with name.

When u both reach a decision then you can get a address.

Email has been sent with information.

Alot of options for you but you'ill need to make a decision.

Please am interested in an African Nanny and live in bexleyheath.I have tried to contact you,please get in touch.

Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by magkhan(f): 11:01am On Jul 21, 2023
[quote author=Tutu82 post=115908389]This thread is a few years old but am interested as am after some help.
Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Tutu, I know this has been a while. I find myself in need of a nigerian nanny and would like to know how you resolved yours and if you have anyone you can link me to. I live around croydon.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by magkhan(f): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2023
Tutu82:
Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Tutu, I know this has been a while. I find myself in need of a nigerian nanny and would like to know how you resolved yours and if you have anyone you can link me to. I live around croydon.
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:34am On Jul 22, 2023
Avoid
Re: Bringing A Househelp From Nigeria To London. Pls Advise! by Caroline030303: 8:03pm On May 10
Hello All,

I am in need of a nanny (African - Nigerian, Ghana, etc are all welcome) for immediate start. I'm Nigerian, live in London-- South West London around dulwich area and has 3 kids. 1st child is in high school and 13year old. I need a nanny for my 2nd child and 3rd child who are both in primary school and need to be picked up from 15:15, you stay with them till 19:30 when l arrive from work. During school holidays l will need the nanny to stay home with them till l get back.

@omotofine pls can you kindly provide me with the details of the TOFUN Agency pls. My email address : bookie4reel@yahoo.com

If anyone is interested pls kindly reach me on the email address above. Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / How Can A Man Cope With Sex If The Wife Is Pregnant? / Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.