Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Can You Marry A Married Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Married Man? (12852 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / I Am In Love With A Married Man / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Married Man? by Roliks09: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2010
A married man asked me if I can be a second wife. I know I shouldnt read any meaning to this question but a girl always knows when a man is hitting at her. I have a hunch that things between us will want to go beyond the platonic friendship we currently have. And I definately wouldnt want to be labelled as a home breaker. At the same time, I dont want to assume what is not and spoil our friendship. It was my answer to his question that even suprised me. I answered in the affirmative. A clear 'No' would have sent him a good message but I didnt say that. My dilema now is should I give some gap,at the risk of losing a good friend, or continue at the risk of things going beyond control. Whats your opinion? thanks.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by Omolola1(f): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2010
He is a married man and no matter what his family comes first no matter who you are!

I'll advise you tell him you want the relationship to be strictly friendship and if he is not ok with that, take a bow gracefully cool

its really very bad to be with someone who is already married or even in a relationship!
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by adaybola(f): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2010
H.E.LL NO!! I'd rather stay single and enjoy a beautiful relationship than PRACTISE POLYGAMY.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by kikiray(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2010
no should b d answer my dear.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
Do not do it! Well I don't know what's in your heart, but I certainly wouldn't marry a married man.
The next thing after he marry you, he will be looking for anyone to marry lipsrsealed Why is he not happy
with his present wife? undecided pls girl do not settle for second position I beg you. There are many good guys
out there, your man will come the right time.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by kaycee0604(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2010
You dont need to smell what you are not going to eat. I wont advice that, I came from a polygamus family and I know what it is like. so my dear forget about him.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by afrobaby(f): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2010
The questions you should be asking is, what if am the wife at home, will I be happy.
If you are from a polygamous family, U will understand,
Biblically, it's only two people that can be joined to be one, any additional person is an adversary, an intruder, is that what u want to be seen as?

NO WAY, I CAN'T MARRY A MARRIAGE MAN, HE IS ALREADY MARRIED, NOT FOR ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD, AM BEAUTIFUL AND THERE ARE SO MANY SINGLE HANDSOME RESPONSIBLE MEN OUT THERE, WHY WILL I TAKE SOMEBODY'S PROPERTY
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by ice234: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
are u ready to be second wife. again be ready for more wives
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by adaybola(f): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ afrobaby

U r right girl! I have never dated a married man before and will never do it. Why should I when I can have my own man! Most ladies date these men becuz of financial gains and when they have their own marriages they want it to be perfect after hurting another woman's marriage. Karma will always bite.

Well, I thank God for the kind of mother I have, she taught me to respect and believe in myself. I value myself too much to start playing hide and seek affair cos such affairs are.

I can’t stand cheaters; I’ve never condoned cheating in a relationship and never will.

Men are right when they said “both parties (men and women) are cheats" cos men don’t cheat with dogs, cats, goats. They cheat with women like us and those women are not better than dogs cos no decent woman would do such.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by kemisuga(f): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2010
A time will come, wen one man will take eight women. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by vivaladiva(f): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
u want to remain friends with a married man---amen
i hope wen u get married---thats if u dont marry u current friend /boyfriend---that ur husband has friends like u that he would like to marry but ave refused to marry him but continue to remain friends with him.
first and foremost, the man wants to shag ur brains out---- am almost sure he has tried to get in ur pants, thats if he hasnt done so already---y r some women so damn naive and so effing hypocritical
listen--tis either u want to shag him or u want to cut ties with him

come here saying u dont want to loose a friend like him----if i had a friend that wants to marry me as a second wife----then am out like a light---that aint no bloody friend---so stop trying to pull the wool over ur own damn eyes
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by iice(f): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2010
Another confused person.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by Roliks09: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2010
Ok. Lemme clarify smethngs. He didnt ask me to be HIS second wife, he asked if I can be A second wife. World of difference. My question is, should I assume he's asking 4 his own benefit, and truncate all ties, or continue being his friend though I have a feeling of where this is headed. And hell no! I wouldnt sleep with a married man, cept he's married to me ofcourse!
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by brutal(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
Roliks09:

Ok. Lemme clarify smethngs. He didnt ask me to be HIS second wife, he asked if I can be A second wife. World of difference. My question is, should I assume he's asking 4 his own benefit, and truncate all ties, or continue being his friend though I have a feeling of where this is headed. And hell no! I wouldnt sleep with a married man, cept he's married to me ofcourse!
in other words,u don't mind playing a second fiddle if he ask 4 your hand in marriage. .or why ar u contemplating on it.
why don't u let dis thread die, if it's not so important.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by kokoye(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
Roliks09:

Liar liar pants on fire. . .

poster just realised she's busted and is try to salvage. grin
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by mutter(f): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2010
It really breaks my heart to see that a young girl could be contemplating getting married to a married man.
How can you even think of such a thing?
Do you know how many problems come along with polygamy?
Please stay away.
I need to give you my own experience. While married to my ex, he suddenly decided to take another wife, who was over 10
years older than I was. They had been schoolmates. It was clear after sometime tat she no longer wanted to be second wife but
wanted the man all to herself. There was nothing she did not do to make me leave.
My ex rejected my food, locked me out of my room and got very violent on me.
At the end he asked me to leave, even though I pleaded with him to be patient and think about the kids.
After I left him, that broke up less than a year later, and he came back on his knees pleading. It was too late.
Two marriages broken up.
He was to get married four times after that and none f the marriages worked out.
All his wives have told me that he keeps comparing them to me.
Basically what I am trying to tell you, is that you do not know what bonds two people and putting it asunder can bring allot of misery in many peoples lives.
Stay clear.
When I married my ex, he was living in one room and sharing toilet, bathroom and kitchen with others.
I stood with him and but when he became somebody, I became nobody.
God does not sleep!
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by mamagee3(f): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
No.

Why would any woman even do something as silly as marrying a married man?

It's adultery and he wouldn't even stay with you for too long then he goes back to his wife.
Re: Can You Marry A Married Man? by SSaemoenl(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^ Brava Ma Gee, i love ur style

(1) (Reply)

Every Guy Biggest Problem..official!! / Guys,for Your Eyes Only! / Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.