Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket (23356 Views)

Kaduna Not Small Like Lagos, Can Feed Igbos In All South-east States – Gov El-ru / Reno Omokri Reacts To Femi Otedola Accepting Lagos State PDP Governorship Ticket / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Anambralstson: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
A renowned Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi, has said Kaduna State is not ripe for a Muslim-Muslim governorship ticket going by its culture and environment.

Mr Gumi who spoke with PREMIUM TIMES said such ticket could create more tension in the violence-prone state, and that people of other ethnic groups and religions should be assimilated and not pushed out.‎
According to him , there is need for the minority indigenous people to be given political representation in any state, depending on their population.Everybody knows that it’s politically motivated. ‎

Everybody knows that. What I’m saying and I specifically said is that you look at the time, the situation, the culture, the environment ‎before you make such a move.

“What I feel is that it’s not yet the time. It is not right, ‎especially coming a week after some people who lost lives innocently. Somebody is killed on the road, why? Because of his identity.

“So, immediately after such a crisis, we don’t need another thing that will create animosity between people that are destined to live together- and I specifically said indigenous people.

“If we have indigenous people, we should do everything possible to assimilate them, integrate them, not to castigate them and put them out.

“They brought the argument that this thing is happening in Plateau and other states and I said yes, this is one reason why we should show them that we don’t take our behaviours and civilisation from barbarism. We have a standard.

“Not only in Kaduna. We are now looking for the right of Muslim minorities in Plateau, in Benue, in Nasarawa too, they should be fully integrated into the politics. If it requires to be a deputy governor, they should have to.

“So we should advocate for Muslims where they are minorities to have representation, depending on their population in government and not to deny people who are destined to‎ live together and show them they are outcast,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sheik-gumi-kaduna-not-ripe-for-muslim-muslim-governorship-ticket.html
Lalasticlala

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by alsudan: 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is coming from a sheikh, yet the terrorist Midget thinks otherwise, just so he can continue killing Christians in Kaduna that refuse to be Islamized

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Ibegtodiffer: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sheikh Gumi cares a little less about anyone's feeling as long as speaking the truth on the basis of his conviction is concerned.

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by basilo101: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
Afonjas are defending this bigot even when his brother northerner is against the ticket. Must afonja asslick the North at all costs just because of 2023?

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
Christians in Kaduna just have to unite and ensure their own security at all times.

El rufai has the capacity and motivation for all kind of evils against christians. The man hates christians with a passion and he has not hidden it.

Edit: it was his mafia style execution of the Agom of Adara that convinced me of El rufai's ruthlessness.

It is well.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
The people of kaduna should decide on who they want with their votes, while I pray for God protection of Christians over there .

8 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Racoon(m): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
El-Rufai's bigotry and ethnic supremacist hardline stance seems more dangerous than even that of the president.Crisis loading in Kaduna.SW brethren what sayeth unu?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
Whatever Elrufai is planning on cooking for Kaduna Christians, when it's time to dine, he will hear from us all across the North.

38 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by CilicMarin: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Useless rants..Why not present a Christian and vote him out, or line up behind the 97 Remaining parties, that have picked the so called Christians as their running mates?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by CilicMarin: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
Racoon:
El-Rufai's bigotry and ethnic supremacist headline stance is seems more dangerous than even that of the president.Crisis loading in Kaduna.SW brethren what safety unu?

Are the PDP not planning to win Kaduna State? Must you guys wail endlessly?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by SarkinYarki: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
CilicMarin:
Useless rants..Why not present a Christian and vote him out, or line up behind the 97 Remaining parties, that have picked the so called Christians as their running mates?

The bottom line is that all Buharists are all sectarian jihadi Jingoists who don't mean we'll for secular Nigeria

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by yeyeboi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
You People In Kaduna , You Better Don’t Vote That Midget And Is Failure Party APC angry

11 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Meren1: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
Elrufai thinks otherwise
Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by nonye6194: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
biko which charger is stronger

HTC or Samsung?
Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Onlinealaba(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
one of the few Islamic cleric I respect so much, anybody conversant with Kaduna and how things happen there should know that a muslim-muslim ticket is not ripe for the state, El-Rufai choice of deputy is a very wrong step at a very wrong time, southern kaduna are not minority tho

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Tell El Rufai, the religious bigot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Righteousness89(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Elrufai is not Ripe for Kaduna

7 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Praktikals(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
This is plausible, coming from a sheik

4 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Idrismusty97(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Don't worry we will know come February if Kaduna is ripe for it or not. You wouldn't know unless you try cool. I love El Rufai guts and Audacity! You didn't vote for him when he picked a Christian deputy, he still won. You don't plan on voting for him even if he picked the pope. Screw all yall devisive opinions! With all the Christian deputies Kaduna state have been in one crisis or the other since before even El rufai was born. Taraba, Jos and Ekiti with significant Muslim populations pick a Christian-Christian Ticket and heaven did not fall.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by atikulated2019: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
my gf says if I get 50 likes she would suck my 7inches tonight
Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
Like this Gumi man

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
CilicMarin:

Ogbo....

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Newbiee: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
This political Sheikh at it again.
I look forward to Nigeria where we have a Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket.

That will define our political maturity as a country.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
So this got me thinking, imagine what will be the fate of northern Christians should the South secceed... Or even should the southeast secceed??

Let's all stay beautiful with The Top Makeup and Skin care tips to make you a beautiful woman

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Kingspin(m): 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
You don't mean it. Kaduna, Benue and others are still ripping Muslim-Muslim Buhari nepotism appointees ranging from Ministry of Education removing CRK to the silent of all Securities on killings without python dance whatever for the herdsmen.

And you want us to believe you. Are you telling me that if Christians are the ones killing thousands of Muslims that Buhari will not release the whole Nigerian arm stockpiles? He can wiped millions to save Muslims.

I don't like to speak too much on religious matters but when everything is pointing at a particular direction one have to speak-up.

Muslim-Muslim in a multi-religion state has some implications especially in Nigeria where extremists are bred.

8 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Meren1: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ok. He knows that Muslims are minority in Benue, Plateau and Nasarawa.

Some people here thinks otherwise sha

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
Wetin b dis man own sef
Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Kennedy94(m): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
at all

check my siggy
Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by nameo: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Don't worry we will know come February if Kaduna is ripe for it or not. You wouldn't know unless you try cool. I love El Rufai guts and Audacity! You didn't vote for him when he picked a Christian deputy, he still won. You don't plan on voting for him even if he picked the pope. Screw all yall devisive opinions! With all the Christian deputies Kaduna state have been in one crisis or the other since before even El rufai was born. Taraba, Jos and Ekiti with significant Christian populations pick a Christian-Christian Ticket and heaven did not fall.

You love El rufai?

Isn't it because you are also a bigot like him?

9 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi: Kaduna Not Ripe For Muslim-muslim Governorship Ticket by Sirjamo: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sheik Okechukwu Gumi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

”You Are Not Meant To Pound Yams For Me” - Jonathan To Nigerian Women / Olusegun Mimiko Visits Fayose In Ekiti State (Photos) / Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.