Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki (60718 Views)

How I Will Treat Non-muslims In North – Atiku Reveals Plan To Unite Nigerians / I Regret Joining APC, Atiku Reveals / PDP Primary: Tambuwal Finally Speaks On Loss To Atiku, Reveals Next Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Naijaalive(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2018

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said Boko Haram was formed by youths abandoned by politicians.

The PDP presidential candidate stated this in a chat with The Africa Report while speaking on how he’ll counter the sect.

“I happen to know how Boko Haram came into being. They were offshoots of political thuggery. Politicians used those boys in Boko Haram to win elections and then abandoned them and then there were no jobs for them.

“It was the same thing with the Niger Delta. In 1998, I saw it myself and I warned people.

“It’s going to be a multifaceted approach. It will involve negotiations. It will involve military action”, he said.

On the incessant herders/farmers clashes and cattle-rustling, Atiku declared that grazing reserves was the solution.

“In each province in the north, we used to have a grazing reserve. During the season, the cattle are in the reserves.

“When it is off-­season when farmers would have cultivated all their crops, then the cattle move out to the areas where the farmers have cultivated, allowing the grass in the grazing reserves to grow. These grazing reserves have been abandoned over the years.

On the fate of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu and former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Atiku noted that the rule of law must be respected.

His words: “I don’t want to be individualistic on this issue. I reject any illegal detention, any detention that is not based on rule law and order.

“Dasuki is being detained il­legally. It is only a court that will say whether he is guilty or not.”

On calls for secession by some South-East, Atiku hinted on “a conference to discuss reconstruction”

“I don’t think there is any part of this country that wants to leave this country. All they want is fairness, equity and justice”, he added.

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/atiku-reveals-boko-haram-formed-speaks-nnamdi-kanu-dasuki.html

120 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by shakmati(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
“I don’t think there is any part of this country that wants to leave this country. All they want is fairness, equity and justice”, he added.

This is a man that understands Nigeria!

607 Likes 72 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by magoo10(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
The difference between atiku and Buhari is like a long distance from Lagos to maiduguri.
While Buhari is a tribal and nepostic bigot atiku is a nationalist.

Buhari represents every form of tyranny that must be rejected by every well meaning person.

427 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by SouthEastFacts: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
We believe in this man. Buhari is a jihadist and hero to yoruba moslems

247 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Chigold101(m): 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
Really...?

Whatever happens... I am supporting Atiku because he promised RESTRUCTURING

221 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by ibrahimsalam: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sai baba atiku
If uniting every region of Nigeria is your vision we will obediently vote you,the real enemies of Nigeria are the ones who go on spreading religious bigotry and hatred .
God bless Nigeria
God bless atiku

210 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by ITbomb(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atikulated till 2023 n beyond

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by GavelSlam: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
You are from Adamawa and you are a leader.

Face it, you abandoned your constituency as you always do.

Monies meant for their development including ecological funds were diverted.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.nigerianmonitor.com/how-dariye-shared-n1-2bn-ecological-fund-to-atiku-yomi-edu-others-witness/amp/

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by NOC1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
But all this happened when you were in power as a vice president.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by sekundosekundo: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
GavelSlam:
You are from Adamawa and you are a leader.

Face it, you abandoned your constituency as you always do.

Monies meant for their development including ecological funds were diverted.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.nigerianmonitor.com/how-dariye-shared-n1-2bn-ecological-fund-to-atiku-yomi-edu-others-witness/amp/

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Lerio(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
V
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by 3rdeyeNigeria: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
shakmati:

Definitely no tribe wants to leave... All they are asking for is a level playing field.

Sadly A level playing field would breed envy because some people are more likely to succeed than others if all things is equal and square.

cc: lalasticlala

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by eodavids(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
Naijaalive:

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said Boko Haram was formed by youths abandoned by politicians.

The PDP presidential candidate stated this in a chat with The Africa Report while speaking on how he’ll counter the sect.

“I happen to know how Boko Haram came into being. They were offshoots of political thuggery. Politicians used those boys in Boko Haram to win elections and then abandoned them and then there were no jobs for them.

“It was the same thing with the Niger Delta. In 1998, I saw it myself and I warned people.

“It’s going to be a multifaceted approach. It will involve negotiations. It will involve military action”, he said.

On the incessant herders/farmers clashes and cattle-rustling, Atiku declared that grazing reserves was the solution.

“In each province in the north, we used to have a grazing reserve. During the season, the cattle are in the reserves.

“When it is off-­season when farmers would have cultivated all their crops, then the cattle move out to the areas where the farmers have cultivated, allowing the grass in the grazing reserves to grow. These grazing reserves have been abandoned over the years.

On the fate of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu and former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Atiku noted that the rule of law must be respected.

His words: “I don’t want to be individualistic on this issue. I reject any illegal detention, any detention that is not based on rule law and order.

“Dasuki is being detained il­legally. It is only a court that will say whether he is guilty or not.”

On calls for secession by some South-East, Atiku hinted on “a conference to discuss reconstruction”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/atiku-reveals-boko-haram-formed-speaks-nnamdi-kanu-dasuki.html

Atiku scored this exam.

100%

159 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by mbaboy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku is articulate

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Xander85: 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
Now this is a measured and well-articulated response to the secession issue! No threats of unleashing third world war on anyone and telling them they're enslaved in 'one Nigeria' whether they like it or not! Which person that considers himself a freeborn will accept such nonsense!?

Things are the way they are today in Nigeria primarily b'cos there's a certain section of the core northern elite that see Nigeria and its resources as their personal property and other Nigerians must kow-tow to their every whim and caprice! This is partly as a consequence of Islam that frowns on the religion and its adherents being subordinate to secular laws like the constitution and having to answer to non-adherents like Christians for instance!

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Xander85: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
3rdeyeNigeria:

Definitely no tribe wants to leave... All they are asking for is a level playing field.

Sadly A level playing field would breed envy because some people are more likely to succeed than others if all things is equal and square.

cc: lalasticlala

Well it's either that, or it's curtains on the 'one Nigeria' experiment!

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by mikeweezy(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
my vote go to you I wanted giving it to Donald duke b4

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Corrinthians(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
shakmati:

Oh. So the biafra or death thingy is just a useless gimmick. grin

What about the No lefelendum no Erection chant? cheesy

Understand ko, superstand ni.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Optional09: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
This guy is quoting Sowore, he has no word of his own. pathetic.

Sowore should rather be the president not these one

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Chemcrown: 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
shakmati:

No, you got it wrong.
Base on Nnamdi Kanu, what IPOB want is seccession and not restructuring.
Do you hear their latest rejection of Prof. Ben support for Atiku; mere hugging of Atiku was even condemned.
So, Atiku got it wrong there.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Franzinni: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
atiku is a politician... He knows how to dance to the tune that soothes the mind of the people.... I like him already

I pray he is not only toasting nigeria... And when he enters he will become a wife beater like buhari...

Atikulation is a task that must be done!!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Built2last: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by free2ryhme: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
Naijaalive:

see pattern ooo, all these lies for 2019 shocked shocked

17 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by GodsmiracleNGR: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku stole our money? hell Yes

Buhari is stealing our money? Hell Yes

Atiku understands economy management? Yes

Buhari understands economy management? of course Hell No

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by bestman09(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
magoo10:
The difference between atiku and Buhari is like a long distance from Lagos to maiduguri.
While Buhari is a tribal and nepostic bigot atiku is a nationalist.

Buhari represents every form of tyranny that must be rejected by every well meaning person.

The average igbo man sees every part of the country as a home and is ready to develop it to the best of his ability. The average igbo man do not hate the hausas/fulani or yoruba man.
What the average igbo man hates is bigotry, lying, laziness, religious extremists and fanatics, pretenders like Buhari. Buhari has never managed a successful business, yet feels he is best for Nigeria. Even his cows has continued to be 150 since 1999, no increase whatsoever.

We support Atiku because he doesnt claim to be a saint like Buhari.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by kanubiafra: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
smart guy see as he avoid direct confrontation on ipob issues, very diplomatic. if its the lifeless one he will be raining fire and brimstone. just watch ipob will never reply him cos he did not promise fire but dialogue. but at the end of the day we still stand with kanu. let them dialogue with kanu whatever he tells us we shall do. if he says vote we vote if he says boycott we boycott simple. the ball is in atiku's court

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
You see why I don't like politicians?

I don't trust his position fully. Who are the sponsors Atiku knows but won't tell. Afterall, its a northern agenda.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Westbestside: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
Are you not among them?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by YoungLionken(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
Fellow members of this forum, I don't know Atiku (like in person or as a relative just like the Evergreen Umaru Musa Yar'adua). But I would want us to vote him in just for these two reasons;
1. We have had enough of PMB, alot of things have gone wrong under Buhari. Fighting corruption since he entered office just to deceive us, Ganduche was seen collecting dollars but he did nothing, what about Oshiomole, Tinubu, Okorocha that feels Imo state belongs to him, to mention a few of them...
2. Atiku and Obi have their investments here in Nigeria, and if they failed us, we shall vote them out come 2023 without thinking twice.
There are more things to say, but lemme relax it here. There shouldn't be permanent friends in politics, when they perform below expectations, we can vote them out!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by bennynaza(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku the Man to send that Lizard without life to Daura

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike & Amaechi Exchange Words At The Burial Of Adolphus Karibi -Whyte / Photo: Transcript Of Bola Tinubu From Chicago State University / Acheju Abuh Burnt To Death: Kogi PDP Woman Leader Killed In Her Home - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.